z00se

I became enlightened

oh you think THAT'S enlightenment?

oh whatever, here's your bucket and axe

good one bucket axe lol.

This seems to be go around a lot lately. Did you watch the video of Gabriel Cousins too?

no need to disparage lifeforce's experience in this thread. he didn't say he was enlightened. he very HONESTLY shared his experience of shaktipat. and that was a beautiful thing. many of us recognize what he was experiencing, and he'll likely be processing that descent of Grace for a long time.

i just clicked on the most recent comment, so i haven't read the OP yet, but i do believe that what happened to lifeforce is totally legit. the kind of thing that he himself scoffed at, until it happened to him.

Edited by Hundun
  • Like 4

I tend to think that anyone who was actually enlightened of the burden of their conditioned self would not go posting "I became enlightened" or "I..." anything on internet forums.

And yes those links are ludicrous.

But that being said, I wish the OP well in their practice, and am happy to hear of their deepening realization.

Truth seeing the ego for what it is is a big step although just the beginning...

Edited by 3bob

He responded in a way that those who have broke-through the conditioning respond,...such as,...the univerese no longer exists for him, but that he exists for the universe,...or that thinking had ceased (for many first timers this is not realized until thinking comes back),...and that it is not necessarily pleasant to wake-up; as T. S. Eliot said, "Human kind cannot bear very much reality" (which doesn't imply that Eliot was enlightened).

Of course, the above is often just a Seventh Consciousness or Sense experience,...having let go of the first 6 Senses from which ego arises. When firmly in the Eighth Consciousness, Other is equally illusory as Self.

Ultimate enlightenment (in Freethought Buddhism) is the Ninth level, which isn't consciousness in a way that dualistic meditators imagine consciousness, but best described as Still, eternal bliss,...when one realizes the so-called speed-of-light is timeless, undivided, Presence that moves neither whences nor whithers,...entirely beyond the arising and ceasing of alaya.

Thank you for that explanation.

• Like 1

Some replies..

That was an interesting read.

I've had similar experiences before, but then those experiences would subside, and I would drift back into ordinary consciousness.

I would be definitely interested if the author can keep us posted on his experiences (e.g. if they change).

Yeah you should just try keep that feeling as long and as much as possible. Now you know thats what it is and you don't have to try to go any further you'll find it so much easier!

Well i had a few beers last night and woke up with a hangover and don't feel enlightened now. It's my plan though. Got holidays this week and i wanna give my ego a huge binge. Got a music festival at the end of the week too and my fond memories of past ones i want to drink and party etc. If i'm totally balanced drinking / smoking isn't fun, it makes you feel worse, loses that balance. Many of my best memories are while being drunk and i want to replicate that this weekend at the music festival so intentially becomming unbalanced for that reason. When i get back to work i'll go back to losing my ego.

Of course, the above is often just a Seventh Consciousness or Sense experience,...having let go of the first 6 Senses from which ego arises. When firmly in the Eighth Consciousness, Other is equally illusory as Self.

Ultimate enlightenment (in Freethought Buddhism) is the Ninth level, which isn't consciousness in a way that dualistic meditators imagine consciousness, but best described as Still, eternal bliss,...when one realizes the so-called speed-of-light is timeless, undivided, Presence that moves neither whences nor whithers,...entirely beyond the arising and ceasing of alaya.

I'm not sure about this stuff, i can understand the senses dissapear as individual senses (actually i thought there were only 5 senses :P), because they become 1 sense which is your experience. You still recieve info from your senses but they create your experience. I don't know about this speed of light thing either. It could be called eternal bliss because you only feel love and nothing else and it would be eternal because if your body dies you are still alive as the part of god. That is the immortality not that your body never dies or else where are all these immortal grandmasters now if they never died :P

Sounds like Jed Mckenna, and his version of enlightment. But if I,remember correctly, he was rich and running around doimg whatever he wanted and wrote a few books to show how enlightened he was.

Just because you're enlightened it doesn't mean you are nice and good, you can be as good or nasty as you want. The enlightened one isn't on a pedistal, infact he is still what he was before he just really knows what he is.

An interesting read. Are you saying that Mantak Chia's Healing Tao system caused your enlightenment or helped towards it?

95% mantak chia.

hmm I wonder if I became a buddha and didn't notice it myself

i don't think you became buddha i'm sure you would have noticed yourself gaining 200kg! haha But you most likely have expereinced enlightenment at some time in your life but didn't REALISE!

You claim there is an I or self that became enlightened? I think not. There is much self referencing in your narrative.

Well i only just realized and i don't spend all day being enlightened, like i said the day after i was in that state about 50% of the time. In fact i had a few beers last night and i don't feel enlightened at all now, i actually want my ego for the next week because i've got a week holiday from work and i want to have a big ego binge this week especially since i'm going to a big music festival at the end of this week woohoo! Then i can go back to losing my ego when i go back to work.

I tend to think that anyone who was actually enlightened of the burden of their conditioned self would not go posting "I became enlightened" or "I..." anything on internet forums.

Yeah i really didn't feel the need to tell people, like i said i went 3 days and only just told my wife while i was typing it out on here. Why didn't i feel the need? Because who would be interested? If i told anyone they would be like wtf prob don't even know what it means anyways. I thought people here might be keen to hear and so many posts in one day seems like they were.

Taoists and Buddhists use the term "cultivate" when they talk about spiritual practice. These shifts in our awareness can reveal a side of us that can indeed be cultivated, the life force, god, love, being, awareness, or whatever you choose to call your existence. But imo, too many people mistake this discovery to be the finality, when really, it is only beginning. It's like you've been watering the plant all wrong because you couldn't even see the plant in the first place. Now that it's been found, it needs to be nurtured wisely, and in this process the ego and the analytic mind needs to be utilized and turned into what we often call wisdom instead of being thrown out entirely.

Yeah i agree, it is like a circle, anything has a life cycle. first what is quietening the mind, start to learn, then you can do it, then back to the start again, now i realize what is real it's like being born again and don't what i really want to do, not what i thought i wanted to do.

http://www.sankaracharya.org/ - I recommend I Am That by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj being one of the first things you look into first.

yeah i read that ages ago. Its very good too just a little cryptic. I never liked the indian texts on the subject, but thats just my personal view. I actually only found this guy out after i accidently downloaded a wrong video which was a documentry about this guys whole life. It was a little long and boring but i watched the whole thing

Thats 2 pages replied to now i'm going to go play with my baby!

• Like 1

Since I went only around as far as you did I don't know what to do next but in my case I have this feeling more under control and can kinda 'call it' almost at will

There's an interesting thing left to figure out, how to make something happen without using your will and making it stay while in the beginning intending it to happen

but I probably know what to do but I forgot it, again

it's probably something that requires an outside help

What is especially interesting is that you didn't feel the need to talk about it for the first three days. This was the same experience I had some years ago. I think we definitely experienced the same thing, if on different levels (because yours seems more intense than mine).

I feel, though, that after that experience some years back, I was strongly pulled back into the current of ordinary life, such that now that experience seems no more than a distant memory from a lifetime ago.

Some replies..

Yeah you should just try keep that feeling as long and as much as possible. Now you know thats what it is and you don't have to try to go any further you'll find it so much easier!

Well i had a few beers last night and woke up with a hangover and don't feel enlightened now. It's my plan though. Got holidays this week and i wanna give my ego a huge binge. Got a music festival at the end of the week too and my fond memories of past ones i want to drink and party etc. If i'm totally balanced drinking / smoking isn't fun, it makes you feel worse, loses that balance. Many of my best memories are while being drunk and i want to replicate that this weekend at the music festival so intentially becomming unbalanced for that reason. When i get back to work i'll go back to losing my ego.

I'm not sure about this stuff, i can understand the senses dissapear as individual senses (actually i thought there were only 5 senses :P), because they become 1 sense which is your experience. You still recieve info from your senses but they create your experience. I don't know about this speed of light thing either. It could be called eternal bliss because you only feel love and nothing else and it would be eternal because if your body dies you are still alive as the part of god. That is the immortality not that your body never dies or else where are all these immortal grandmasters now if they never died :P

Just because you're enlightened it doesn't mean you are nice and good, you can be as good or nasty as you want. The enlightened one isn't on a pedistal, infact he is still what he was before he just really knows what he is.

95% mantak chia.

i don't think you became buddha i'm sure you would have noticed yourself gaining 200kg! haha But you most likely have expereinced enlightenment at some time in your life but didn't REALISE!

Well i only just realized and i don't spend all day being enlightened, like i said the day after i was in that state about 50% of the time. In fact i had a few beers last night and i don't feel enlightened at all now, i actually want my ego for the next week because i've got a week holiday from work and i want to have a big ego binge this week especially since i'm going to a big music festival at the end of this week woohoo! Then i can go back to losing my ego when i go back to work.

Yeah i really didn't feel the need to tell people, like i said i went 3 days and only just told my wife while i was typing it out on here. Why didn't i feel the need? Because who would be interested? If i told anyone they would be like wtf prob don't even know what it means anyways. I thought people here might be keen to hear and so many posts in one day seems like they were.

Yeah i agree, it is like a circle, anything has a life cycle. first what is quietening the mind, start to learn, then you can do it, then back to the start again, now i realize what is real it's like being born again and don't what i really want to do, not what i thought i wanted to do.

yeah i read that ages ago. Its very good too just a little cryptic. I never liked the indian texts on the subject, but thats just my personal view. I actually only found this guy out after i accidently downloaded a wrong video which was a documentry about this guys whole life. It was a little long and boring but i watched the whole thing

Thats 2 pages replied to now i'm going to go play with my baby!

hmm I wonder if I became a buddha and didn't notice it myself

:lol:

In that case, you a pseudo-Buddha. However, if you have noticed, then you have been enlightened and became a Buddha...... :D

In that case, you a pseudo-Buddha. However, if you have noticed, then you have been enlightened and became a Buddha...... :D

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, can't wait to finally notice it :lol:

meditators imagine consciousness, but best described as Still, eternal bliss,...when one realizes the so-called speed-of-light is timeless, undivided, Presence that moves neither whences nor whithers,...entirely beyond the arising and ceasing of alaya.

Holy buckets that was an amazing descriptor of something vivid... I felt something trippy after reading it... like a flash of light or not :)

But you most likely have expereinced enlightenment at some time in your life but didn't REALISE!

I'd perhaps replace "you" with "people"; and "your" with "their" :)

now i'm going to go play with my baby!

love-green-cb.jpg

Edited by Mal Stainkey