lifeforce

What Is Non-Duality ?

You sound so super-special and totally awesome, I wonder how long it takes you to get ready to go out? How much preening in front of the mirror does it take before you are comfortable with the way you look?

Hey, could you write another few pages of rambling nonsense about electromagnetism and sitting in the full-lotus position? I want to hear more about how you built a UFO from your own pubic hairs. Its pretty amusing stuff.

It's nice to know that being an ass hasn't gone out of vogue. Your first paragraph is no doubt a personal insult and your second is just plain rude. Why do you care what he claims or says, if it's not effecting you personally, so just give it a rest and let him be who he wants, so long as it doesn't prevent you from being who you are.

Aaron

• Like 2

He may be jealous of fulllotus' articulation and wordiness. :P

fulllotus,

I was wondering why is it than when you discover something during meditation you say "full lotus" instead of meditation. Full lotus is but a posture of the body, hardly describing meditation more completely. One might think to sit in full lotus is all that is required.

I personally think that meditation would supersede "full lotus". You can have meditation without full lotus, yet full lotus is worthless without meditation.

Edited by Informer

You sound so super-special and totally awesome, I wonder how long it takes you to get ready to go out? How much preening in front of the mirror does it take before you are comfortable with the way you look?

Hey, could you write another few pages of rambling nonsense about electromagnetism and sitting in the full-lotus position? I want to hear more about how you built a UFO from your own pubic hairs. Its pretty amusing stuff.

I must admit that I am probably even more skeptical than you in some circumstances, although I am learning to keep the skepticism, rather than openly voicing it in such a crude manner.

Like instead of accusing, ask questions to resolve whatever conflict that is arising within. Then you can decide what to believe and what to toss out. Ultimately these questions only affect your peace of mind.

It is like he's living rent free inside of your head..

:lol::lol::lol:

I can't stop laughing!

Do you commonly "high-five" those who insult others? It seems pretty trollish to me. A troll that can't even be up-front about it and hides behind others to do it for him. Yet he doesn't suffer any ramifications because all he did was instigate the victim and encourage the person making the statement. This is the most cowardly version of troll imo. I think Yellow Troll would be a fitting name.

I think it is fair to say that you take pleasure in the misfortune of others, even subjectively implied misfortune. Would fail video's be more entertaining to you?

Edited by Informer

He may be jealous of fulllotus' articulation and wordiness. :P

fulllotus,

I was wondering why is it than when you discover something during meditation you say "full lotus" instead of meditation. Full lotus is but a posture of the body, hardly describing meditation more completely. One might think to sit in full lotus is all that is required.

I personally think that meditation would supersede "full lotus". You can have meditation without full lotus, yet full lotus is worthless without meditation.

Full lotus is a very powerful body posture because it is the tetrahedron which is the simplest form of the yin-yang complementary opposite resonance. So my nondualism model is called sound-current nondualism based on complementary opposite resonance. So in Taoism the foundation of the practice is the small universe aka microcosmic orbit as Chunyi Lin states and is the focus of the book "Taoist Yoga" but actually this is because it's the 12 notes -- the 12 points along the outside of the body are the 12 notes of the yin-yang music scale that resonate infinitely based on complementary opposites. So then tai chi standing practice is the yin and yang of the upper and lower body and the yin and yang of the hands.

So yes sitting in full lotus activates this yin yang dynamic - it's incorrect to see nondualism as static and I made this mistake for years. It took me a long time to figure out the secret of the Tai-Chi symbol as Chunyi Lin said that in the Tao Te Ching the One is consciousness but it goes into the Emptiness and thereby creatings yin and yang. So the consciousness is our awareness as intention and it's the sine wave S curve in the middle of the Tai Chi symbol. the Emptiness is the Universe -- the 8th Level of Consciousness in Mahayana Buddhism and it's the circle of the Wu Chi - the outside of the Tai-Chi symbol. The yin and yang are the black and white or different colored spirals inside the T ai Chi symbol. So my nondualist question was

Why is my consciousness different from the Emptiness? The answer is complementary opposites or asymmetry. If the consciousness is ONE from the Tao Te Ching -- in the West we think of number as equidistant based on symmetric geometry. But in Taoism 2:3 is yang and 3:4 is yin -- and this is from non-western music theory. Literally in Taoism 2:3 is the Perfect fifth music ratio and this is the secret of Pythagorean alchemy as well.

So the One is not a number in Pythagorean harmonics alchemy -- just as the I-thought is not self-reflexive in philosophy -- there is no dualistic subjectifier and subjected relation of the I-thought -- there is no SOURCE of the I-thought. So to focus on the source of the I-thought is actually to activate the complementary opposites of One as it resonates into yin and yang -- 2:3 and 3:4 as complementary opposites.

So in Western symmetry 2:3 is C to G in music theory and 3:2 is G to C. But in Pythagorean non-western alchemy 2:3 is C to G and G to C is 3:4. This creates a paradox called the Comma of Pythagoras and it's also the secret reason why symmetric irrational geometry was created as the Miracle of the Greeks -- in the Pythagorean Theorem. The Pythagorean Theorem is actually incorrect logic. I go into these details in my book in chapter two which you can download at http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com

So when we sit in full lotus it's a tetrahedron but not based on irrational geometry -- so the equilateral tringle -- four of them making a tetrahedron actually "collapses" or resonates into nondualism based on each equilateral triangle made up of two 2:3:4 triangles, as per the secret of complementary opposites.

Obviously if you have your eyes closed and are doing mind focus then this greatly increases the power of the full lotus but as Taoist Yoga states the true secret of alchemy is to sublimate the sex fluids so that the fire can get under the water to create the stove in the lower tan tien. So the full lotus best sublimates the sex fluids and the worst problem of modernity is the leaking of the sex fluids because in materialism "sex sells", etc.

So all these talk about nondualism is really just repressed sex energy that has not been properly sublimated and purified so it gets projected as lower emotional bantering, etc. haha. Just sit in full lotus to solve the problem -- no one can claim the full lotus is some sort of delusion or argument that is wrong. Chunyi Lin says if you want to know if someone is a real meditation master then just see how long they can sit in full lotus in ease.

Full lotus is a very powerful body posture because it is the tetrahedron which is the simplest form of the yin-yang complementary opposite resonance. So my nondualism model is called sound-current nondualism based on complementary opposite resonance. So in Taoism the foundation of the practice is the small universe aka microcosmic orbit as Chunyi Lin states and is the focus of the book "Taoist Yoga" but actually this is because it's the 12 notes -- the 12 points along the outside of the body are the 12 notes of the yin-yang music scale that resonate infinitely based on complementary opposites. So then tai chi standing practice is the yin and yang of the upper and lower body and the yin and yang of the hands.

The Star Tetrahedron is from the Merkabah and Sacred Geometry. How does full lotus anymore resemble it then crossing your legs? Was full lotus derived from the Merkabah?

merkaba2.gif

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to get things sorted out.

Edited by Informer

Have you ever tried putting the palms of your hands to the palm of your feet when doing full lotus? I notice an increase in current when I do that, it also makes the rotation more apparent. Honestly appeal to authority about who said what doesn't hold much of an appeal to me. I doubt I will be judging anyones spiritual prowess based on how long they can sit in lotus anytime soon. :P

Chunyi Lin says if you want to know if someone is a real meditation master then just see how long they can sit in full lotus in ease.

I dont doubt CYL's mastery, but i do have reservations as to the accuracy of the above statement. Its like a statement from a 12 yr old kid... my dad can hold his breath for 10 minutes, hence he is invincible... same sort of drift.

I have seen a few 'meditation masters' in my time - the younger ones may sometimes sit full-lotus, or, if they are practicing specific sets of esoterica, they would, otherwise 9 out 10 would opt for the half-lotus, which is just as efficacious. Many times the question of the relevance of the full-lotus have been asked, and the answer would come that half-lotus would do the biz. Some, due to size, find it impossible to adopt even the half-lotus ~ then what? Are they doomed never to become meditation masters? Hardly. There are countless factors involved in determining how one sets about to reach meditative expertise.

I think people trap themselves into certain beliefs and then find themselves having to defend same so much so that they no longer can remain open to other options. This is a humongous shortcoming which many practitioners and so-called spiritual masters become prone to, due to the simple refusal to see things in a larger context. A teacher who's truly open, who has gone beyond the mundane, will allow all who come to him/her to bloom in their own unique way, and will not limit people's already conditioned thinking by setting up more limits with more conceptual traps.

• Like 1

Agreed. His constant random incoherent ramblings make no sense to me. From non-duality to UFO's to perv attacks to pythagoras to CYL again and again and again, all in the same post ! Aarrrghhh. :lol:

Relax guys, he's probably just excited to have people to talk with about this stuff. I know I was when I found this place and still am :P

Edited by Informer

hahaaha maybe if you critics sat for 2 hours a day you would go a little crazy too. I don't agree with every word he says but.... at least he's doing something worthwhile with his life.

what does any of this have to do with awareness of non-duality anyway?!? you guys ARE drew hempel!!

and he is you.

except that he meditates for 2 hours a day and you don't

Do you commonly "high-five" those who insult others? It seems pretty trollish to me. A troll that can't even be up-front about it and hides behind others to do it for him. Yet he doesn't suffer any ramifications because all he did was instigate the victim and encourage the person making the statement. This is the most cowardly version of troll imo. I think Yellow Troll would be a fitting name.

I think it is fair to say that you take pleasure in the misfortune of others, even subjectively implied misfortune. Would fail video's be more entertaining to you?

Get fucked! laugh.gif

The nagging quetion in my head however keeps repeting itself... How can you shoot something tht you cannot see? :lol:

Fair question. Hehehe.

My non-duality doesn't go that far where in makes things disappear.

I must admit that I am probably even more skeptical than you in some circumstances, although I am learning to keep the skepticism, rather than openly voicing it in such a crude manner.

Like instead of accusing, ask questions to resolve whatever conflict that is arising within. Then you can decide what to believe and what to toss out. Ultimately these questions only affect your peace of mind.

It is like he's living rent free inside of your head..

What you fail to realize is that your version of politically correct discourse does not interest me in the slightest, and your self-important moralistic admonitions do nothing to deter me from my objectives.

Your holier-than-thou attitude is really just a mask for your personal manipulations. Its unfortunate, because such a mask requires you to turn a blind eye to your own actions. The massive schism between your moralistic idealism and the actual intent you engage in is not only a weakness, but also a pernicious disease that is eating you alive.

Everyone lives rent free in everyone elses head. We are all in this together. As long as your "individuality" is threatened by all the people in your head, you will have zero clue where I am coming from. It's ok, though - don't be scared.

All of these people whining about non-duality not being "pretty" or "nice" enough for them is contrary enough on its face, yet somehow not obviously ridiculous to them. "One taste" does not mean everything turns into birthday cake with shiny white icing and a cherry on top. Thats an infantile dream, and I'm pretty sure you guys arent sleeping in a crib anymore. Grow up.

edit- another double post... happens when I edit for some reason.

Edited by Twinner

What you fail to realize is that your version of politically correct discourse does not interest me in the slightest, and your self-important moralistic admonitions do nothing to deter me from my objectives.

Your holier-than-thou attitude is really just a mask for your personal manipulations. Its unfortunate, because such a mask requires you to turn a blind eye to your own actions. The massive schism between your moralistic idealism and the actual intent you engage in is not only a weakness, but also a pernicious disease that is eating you alive.

Everyone lives rent free in everyone elses head. We are all in this together. As long as your "individuality" is threatened by all the people in your head, you will have zero clue where I am coming from. It's ok, though - don't be scared.

All of these people whining about non-duality not being "pretty" or "nice" enough for them is contrary enough on its face, yet somehow not obviously ridiculous to them. "One taste" does not mean everything turns into birthday cake with shiny white icing and a cherry on top. Thats an infantile dream, and I'm pretty sure you guys arent sleeping in a crib anymore. Grow up.

I'm certainly glad you can justify being an ass to others, simply because they say things you don't like. And hooray for demeaning someone else, simply because they called you on what could be perceived as a self-righteous attitude.Think about it, it would seem to be self-righteous if someone believes it's alright to call someone names and demean them simply because they say things they don't agree with, don't you think?

Aaron

edit- On a side note, I don't agree with hardly anything Fulllotus has actually said, but that doesn't mean that he's an idiot, or that he's crazy, it just means he is different than I am. That's all. I'm not saying I'm innocent or without blame, but I try my hardest to be kind and compassionate to everyone I meet. The fact of the matter is that one's ability to be compassionate to others, even when they do things that you don't like, is a measure of one's spiritual growth. In fact this is a universally accepted principle in every religion and philosophy that I know of.

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1

It's funny (or not) Drew really did used to "bug" me with his lotus stuff but I have to say now I find it pretty interesting.

It's weird that's for sure, but I think cultivation is weird too.

Yeah, that sounded lame, not the intent.

When is the last time someone told you "I love you"? Well I love you, even though you can seem to be an ass from this perspective sometimes.

:wub:

The Star Tetrahedron is from the Merkabah and Sacred Geometry. How does full lotus anymore resemble it then crossing your legs? Was full lotus derived from the Merkabah?

merkaba2.gif

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to get things sorted out.

thanks for that image -- it clarifies how I was visualizing the star of david -- for the full lotus. Unfortunately Drunvalo Melchizadek falls into the fake New Age genre as exposed in the excellent book "The Stargate Conspiracy" by picknett and prince. But my book goes into this in great detail as well -- specifically how the New Age relies on the golden ratio "improving" Nature -- when, in fact, it's just Western techno-spirituality destroying ecology and shamanism. So the New Age tries to assimilate native indigenous cultures while promoting the Golden Ratio Freemasonry genocidal b.s.

So anyway like I was saying about the full lotus -- it IS the yin-yang-Emptiness in action -- and that is the secret of real nondualism. Nondualism is an eternal process of energy creation and the process of complementary opposites is consciousness.

Consciousness can not be visualized but it can be listened to - so when we sit in full lotus the energy resonates back into the Emptiness -- and ultimately so does the form of the full lotus. So as Master Nan, Huai-chin states -- it's not just the astral rainbow body and making the body disappear but also creating another new physical body as the very advanced stages of practice. But the practice both begins and ends with this resonance of complementary opposites and the full lotus body position encapsulates that process most efficiently.

So the longer someone sits in full lotus the more this nondual complementary opposite resonance occurs. It's an impersonal process but it can not be faked in the full lotus position. The process is not words nor even visualization but it's the numbers as resonance -- complimentary opposite. So the sacred geometry of the East did not use irrational geometry and instead the numbers continued infinitely and the geometry was sacred because it resonated into the formless. So the tetrahedron is the simplest sacred geometry form and the full lotus is that form -- of the formless. Nondualism in action.

• Like 1

So anyway like I was saying about the full lotus -- it IS the yin-yang-Emptiness in action -- and that is the secret of real nondualism. Nondualism is an eternal process of energy creation and the process of complementary opposites is consciousness.

Nice to see the discussion getting back to the concept of non- dualism instead of a discussion of various members' attributes.

Nondualism in action.

That is, IMO, a strange comment. I would call you on it but I have no idea what question to ask.

Greetings..

Nice to see the discussion getting back to the concept of non- dualism instead of a discussion of various members' attributes.

That is, IMO, a strange comment. I would call you on it but I have no idea what question to ask.

Hi MH: There is no change in a non-dual state.. from what to what, it's all the One whatever it is people believe non-duality is.. there's no 'action', or if there is it is a function of duality..

Be well..

Greetings..

Hi MH: There is no change in a non-dual state.. from what to what, it's all the One whatever it is people believe non-duality is.. there's no 'action', or if there is it is a function of duality..

Be well..

Yes, that is my understanding.

In the state of "non-duality" we are as close as we can get to the state of Singularity (Oneness) without dying.

Hi Vmarco,

Your Buddhism is showing. Hehehe.

Although Steven has great knowledge I do not agree with everything I have heard him say.

We cannot separate space from time. That is the fourth dimension - time/space.

Prior to the last Big Bang there was Singularity - all was One. I am not suggesting that this was the beginning of all things, space and time. Only that it was the beginning of this go-'round.

As you get older try telling me that time has not taken its toll on your body. Eventually it will get your mind too.

Comparing the life span of something that exists for only one trillionth of a second is a totally invalid comparison to something that lives of over one hundred years. I think it is actually silly to make any such comparison.

Quantum mechanics is valid at the quantum level. It is invalid at the level where I live. Therefore it does not apply to my life.

Light. Well, before there was light there was only energy. True? (Light requires something to perceive it.) Yes, I hold to the understanding that Chi is energy.

So anyhow, prior to the Big Bang there was Singularity. Can't say for how long Singularity lasted because time did not exist yet. The point behind my statement in the above post is that as long as we are alive we will remain in some form of duality. It is only after we have died do we return to the universe - to the oneness of what this universe once was. What we were will be reused.

And I will further suggest that we cannot live in the state of non-duality even though we can visit the state on occasion. If we go there and stay we die.

Edited by Marblehead