lifeforce

What Is Non-Duality ?

taking the first paragraph to be true why stir in the second with it?

I second that :)

"What Tathagata is there?" The Tathagata that is non-attached wisdom which is free and happy in the deepest and unbreakable meaning of such words... "The idea that nirvana is samsara, correctly understood, comes through Nagarjuna"

Dao...Brahman... :D

Hehehe. You do realize that you just contradicted yourself here, don't you?

First you suggest that the Manifest does not exist then you say that everything manifest has a DO.

The manifest does not exist, or stand alone,...where's the contradiction? All manifestation (which ultimately does not exist), is formed through Dependent Origination. No contradiction there.

"From beginningless time until now, all living beings have mistaken themselves for things and, having lost the original mind, are turned around by things." Buddha, Shurangama sutra

The manifest does not exist, or stand alone,...where's the contradiction? All manifestation (which ultimately does not exist), is formed through Dependent Origination. No contradiction there.

"From beginningless time until now, all living beings have mistaken themselves for things and, having lost the original mind, are turned around by things." Buddha, Shurangama sutra

Even that quote by the Buddha is a contradiction!

Even that quote by the Buddha is a contradiction!

besides I'd to see "Star Gate", "Star Wars", "Star Trek" and "Star Buck" all tied together co-herently. (along with Clint Eastwood put in there somewhere)

Edited by 3bob

;)B)

besides I'd to see "Star Gate", "Star Wars", "Star Trek" and "Star Buck" all tied together co-herently. (along with Clint Eastwood put in there somewhere)

Would it suffice to have Clint Eastwood and Dirk Benedict watch Stargate, Star Wars, and Star Trek in a movie theater? Perhaps while they drink a cup of Starbucks, while snacking on sno caps?

Aaron

edit- Had to capitalize the t in "Trek" before a rabid Treckie hunted me down and cut out my heart. Also am I the only one that feels there should be c in trek? As in treck.... oh well... huked on fonix werked fore me.

Edited by Twinner

"What Tathagata is there?" The Tathagata that is non-attached wisdom which is free and happy in the deepest and unbreakable meaning of such words... "The idea that nirvana is samsara, correctly understood, comes through Nagarjuna"

The point of Nagarjuna is same as the point of Buddha: you can't pin down the Tathagata as a truth or reality even in the present life

We can conventionally talk about Buddha as having wisdom, freedom and happiness, but these attributes are also completely empty, Buddha is also completely empty

The point of Nagarjuna is same as the point of Buddha: you can't pin down the Tathagata as a truth or reality even in the present life

We can conventionally talk about Buddha as having wisdom, freedom and happiness, but these attributes are also completely empty, Buddha is also completely empty

can't pin down empty either... must also let empty go

Om

Would it suffice to have Clint Eastwood and Dirk Benedict watch Stargate, Star Wars, and Star Trek in a movie theater? Perhaps while they drink a cup of Starbucks, while snacking on sno caps?

Aaron

edit- Had to capitalize the t in "Trek" before a rabid Treckie hunted me down and cut out my heart. Also am I the only one that feels there should be c in trek? As in treck.... oh well... huked on fonix werked fore me.

Well I was being kind of flippant about the subject matter on that post and was going to delete but you gave me a light hearted chuckle so I'll hold off on deletion. (Btw hopefully Katee Sackhoff and Amanda Tapping would also show up for a coffee and chat with the crowd)

Om

Edited by 3bob

I feel the need to make a short comment of explanation. Please remember that when I make a comment like the one above it is not any attempt to tarnish the religion of Buddhism. It is only my comment to a concept in the religion that "I" cannot accept. There are those concepts in any religion I have studied and that is why "I" hold to none of them.

But then, don't expect any great changes in how I interact here. Hehehe.

Well I was being kind of flippant about the subject matter on that post and was going to delete but you gave me a light hearted chuckle so I'll hold off on deletion. (Btw hopefully Katee Sackhoff and Amanda Tapping would also show up for a coffee and chat with the crowd)

Om

You know I never cared for Sackhoff's Star Buck, but other people seem to really love it, so I don't criticize too much. I really liked Tapping in Stargate, she seemed to bring a down to earth feel to the show, that girl next door meets alien invaders kind of feel. But yeah they could have coffee outside. I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to meet them.

Aaron

Because I see them both as true.

Sorry, I happen to like lots of different things.

I don't see why you can't see both as true. I think the problem that arises with non-duality is when people believe they can define it for others, when in fact it's only something someone can experience. Again, it's like describing the color red to a blind person. Yes you can say it's not blue, yellow, or green, but you can't really explain what it looks like, only allude to what it isn't.

Aaron

You know I never cared for Sackhoff's Star Buck, but other people seem to really love it, so I don't criticize too much. I really liked Tapping in Stargate, she seemed to bring a down to earth feel to the show, that girl next door meets alien invaders kind of feel. But yeah they could have coffee outside. I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to meet them.

Aaron

Amanda...she is a nerdy bombshell...you guys ever watch the episodes with the ascended ancient...oma desala? My personal favorites...

Sackhoff was good too...i liked number 6 and boomer more :)