lifeforce

What Is Non-Duality ?

The best song for me to trance out with is "Season Of The Witch". The song has been done by a few groups and so far I have found a 'bad' take on it.

I'm not familiar with any of the recent 'trance rock' artists. That's because I don't even listen to music on the radio anymore. I have enough of my own stuff that I enjoy to keep me filled with music.

Yes, I cannot recall the last time I listened to a radio,...perhaps a 1994 roadtrip. For me, I prefer remixes,...which are usually only available on the internet, using a torrent. I wonder if there are many ZZ top remixes.

Music remixes open new pathways of experience,...as if the information age has been birthing a Spiritual age. When Spirit (duality) is clearly recognized, it effortly dissolves,...for who holds onto the false when it is clear seen as the false.

My first thought when reading this post was, "Yeah, ZZ Tops music is all the same but each song is different."

Actually, they built on the style of a Texas group called "The Radiators". The Radiators never got much play outside of Texas but they were a part of the Texas/Electric Blues evolution.

The best song for me to trance out with is "Season Of The Witch". The song has been done by a few groups and so far I have found a 'bad' take on it.

I'm not familiar with any of the recent 'trance rock' artists. That's because I don't even listen to music on the radio anymore. I have enough of my own stuff that I enjoy to keep me filled with music.

Hi MH: Al Kooper, Mike Bloomfield, Stephen Stills, "Super Session", Season of the Witch.. Brilliant.. checkout 'Don Peyote' as a good 'trance' artist..

The act of talking about non-duality is what defeats the concept.. it establishes the certainty of duality, but.. chase after gurus and mystics, theories and beliefs, but Life is right here right now and it is nowhere else..

Be well..

• Like 1

Hi MH: Al Kooper, Mike Bloomfield, Stephen Stills, "Super Session", Season of the Witch.. Brilliant.. checkout 'Don Peyote' as a good 'trance' artist..

The act of talking about non-duality is what defeats the concept.. it establishes the certainty of duality, but.. chase after gurus and mystics, theories and beliefs, but Life is right here right now and it is nowhere else..

Be well..

"The act of talking about non-duality is what defeats the concept.. it establishes the certainty of duality, but.. chase after gurus and mystics, theories and beliefs, but Life is right here right now and it is nowhere else.."

Yeah, I remember I was like that at one point also....Just "letting things Be." That was after the "I AM" experience and when I tried to go back to that feeling by stopping my thoughts to be "In the right here, right now."

I have found that this is still the karmic seeds of inherent and dualistic views manifesting itself, even on the non-conceptual level.

Through my experience: We are immersed in inherent and dualistic views 24/7...in a subject/object dichotomy whether awake, sleeping and when dreaming.

It takes a lot more, a lot of built up wisdom and merit (a lot of cultivation, a lot of "giving up" in order to "see through" the karmic seeds that manifest as inherent and dualistic views that blind, through the power of insight) than to just "Simply Let Be," in order to really experience "non-duality" in one's life. Even when in a non-conceptual state. It takes "giving up" through insight, in order to truly experience "non-duality" in one's life.

Edited by Simple_Jack
  • Like 1

Agreeed,...you cannot separate space from time,...but as neither space or time exists, why try? LOL

Both Buddha, and Quantum Cosmologists, suggest that never was a Big Bang. Sure, such a concept makes things more palatable for ego,...but is that the right thing?

Swami Amar Jyoti wrote, "As long as you are projecting yourself into time and space in your calculations, your measurements, your excuses,...as long as time and space conceptions are consciously or subconsciously occupying your mind, you will not attain enlightenment....the worse fallacy of ego is this; that it does not take itself as a conception." "illusion of time, space, and ego" http://light-of-consciousness.org/

Perception is a dream,...that means you are a dream to. It does not mean that everything but you is a dream.

Please stop with the Big Bang/Singularity stuff. It's man manufactured fiction,...a theory that will never, can never be proved. Because time (and space) does not exist.

The Present exists,...but there is no Present in time,...and thus no Present in space. Quantum mechanics works on all levels, all the time, and in all space. I agree that it does appear to works with skandhan notions of conceptions.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO ENERGY in Undivided Light,...the fulcrum upon which Duality effects its motion. Energy is merely the perceived motion of Duality attempting to find unity with Undivided Reality,...which it never can, because it was never really separated,...and does not exist.

Absolutely no energy beyond duality,...absolutely no energy in non-duality,....absolutely no energy out of time and space. That applies directly to your experience of life,...and just because you might refuse to be honest enough to see it, doesn't mean it's not true.

To understand Non-Duality is to understand Undivided Light. The thread 'What is Light' has everything one needs to realize Non-Duality.

V

This is Nothing personal against you, but I sincerely hope that no one takes your posts too seriously (Not that I think anyone cares about what I post though :D); especially when discussing Buddhism. I've only read some of your posts here and there, but it shows that you generally don't know what you are talking about. I have seen a lot of misleading information in your posts, especially when discussing Buddhism. A lot of it is a misrepresentation of what it actually teaches.

Please, if your gonna spout the "Buddhist" shit, at least study the material and present it accurately; instead of just spouting nonsense and misleading people on what it teaches. If your gonna talk about what non-duality is: Get some experience of what that actually is like, before spouting all this shit.

Have a great day!

Edited by Simple_Jack

Greetings..

"The act of talking about non-duality is what defeats the concept.. it establishes the certainty of duality, but.. chase after gurus and mystics, theories and beliefs, but Life is right here right now and it is nowhere else.."

Yeah, I remember I was like that at one point also....Just "letting things Be." That was after the "I AM" experience and when I tried to go back to that feeling by stopping my thoughts to be "In the right here, right now."

I have found that this is still the karmic seeds of inherent and dualistic views manifesting itself, even on the non-conceptual level.

Through my experience: We are immersed in inherent and dualistic views 24/7...in a subject/object dichotomy whether awake, sleeping and when dreaming.

It takes a lot more, a lot of built up wisdom and merit (a lot of cultivation, a lot of "giving up" in order to "see through" the karmic seeds that manifest as inherent and dualistic views that blind, through the power of insight) than to just "Simply Let Be," in order to really experience "non-duality" in one's life. Even when in a non-conceptual state. It takes "giving up" through insight, in order to truly experience "non-duality" in one's life.

That's the thing, though.. non-duality suggests there is no one or no thing to 'give up' or cultivate.. to speak it, is to discredit it.. to simply be authentic and and sincerely curious about Life is the best we can do.. the conceptual mind-chatter about non-duality is its own worst ambassador..

Be well..

Greetings..

That's the thing, though.. non-duality suggests there is no one or no thing to 'give up' or cultivate.. to speak it, is to discredit it.. to simply be authentic and and sincerely curious about Life is the best we can do.. the conceptual mind-chatter about non-duality is its own worst ambassador..

Be well..

The "conceptual mind-chatter" isn't the problem. Using language to formulate something; using the formulated language, to point something out to others isn't the problem either. Though Lao Tzu talks of "The Tao that can be named is not the eternal Tao," he composed a work to point out to others this "eternal Tao." So language, conjuring up words to explain something to others has its relative use. Using myself as an example: For me personally, it doesn't matter whether I discriminate things or not discriminate things. Whether I think/say "It is like this," "It is like that;" whether I discriminate things by saying "This is good," "This is bad" or "This is higher," "This is lower." Doesn't matter to me either way: For me, it is all utterly and totally ungrounded in reality; all being totally unestablished and equalized.

The question is: How does this differ for someone who is only able to view their sensate experience, mired in a inherent and dualistic fashion 24/7? Who is only able to view or experience things (even on a non-conceptual level) in a subject/object dichotomy, whether in daily activities, sleeping and in their dreams?

Relatively speaking: There is a difference between an "ordinary person" and a "sage." We can say things like that there is: No realizer, no act of realizing; No knower, no act of knowing; no meditator, no act of meditation; no agent to purify, no agent that is to be purified; but has this point really been actualized on in the mind-stream of the individual? This is the difference. We are so used to experiencing things from an inherent sense of an "agent" and a "doer." An apprehender and apprehended framework. These karmic seeds that blind, operate very deeply in our consciousness. These are the karmic seeds that cause us to absolutely identify things in a dualistic framework.

This why after Buddha had taught for 40 years, he said he didn't teach a thing to anyone. Why in the Zen school ( :) thanks for the quote Balance!) it is understood as this:

"There is no starting point, no goal, nothing to attain. Just to run the path is our way."

-- Shunryu Suzuki

EDIT: Changed/added stuff to sentence.

Edited by Simple_Jack

Presently listening to Don Peyote's Phoenix Rising.

Yes. I like that. Good music.

This is Nothing personal against you, but I sincerely hope that no one takes your posts too seriously (Not that I think anyone cares about what I post though :D); especially when discussing Buddhism. I've only read some of your posts here and there, but it shows that you generally don't know what you are talking about. I have seen a lot of misleading information in your posts, especially when discussing Buddhism. A lot of it is a misrepresentation of what it actually teaches.

Please, if your gonna spout the "Buddhist" shit, at least study the material and present it accurately; instead of just spouting nonsense and misleading people on what it teaches. If your gonna talk about what non-duality is: Get some experience of what that actually is like, before spouting all this shit.

Have a great day!

Since I have been studying Buddhists texts since 1972, and full time since the 80's, four years of which in a university setting, I find your post quite peculiar.

As you did not address any of the alleged "misinformation", I'm not sure whether to assume it to be diatribe, sophomoric nonsense, or identify your problem.

So not to mislead anyone (as many, many others do), I was very very cautious in my first 25 years in Kagyu Buddhist studies. Of course, those of the Lesser Vehicle, Theravadans, often get upset with dialogues on the Direct or Short Path.

You could leave your ad hominem ("Please, if your gonna spout the "Buddhist" shit, at least study the material and present it accurately") as it is,...or, if you're genuinely concerned about those you judge to be misleading,...if you're honest enough,...to dialogue on it.

V

Edited by Vmarco

The "conceptual mind-chatter" isn't the problem. Using language to formulate something; using the formulated language, to point something out to others isn't the problem either. Though Lao Tzu talks of "The Tao that can be named is not the eternal Tao," he composed a work to point out to others this "eternal Tao...."

Relatively speaking: There is a difference between an "ordinary person" and a "sage." We can say things like that there is: No realizer, no act of realizing...

This why after Buddha had taught for 40 years, he said he didn't teach a thing to anyone. Why in the Zen school ( :) thanks for the quote Balance!) it is understood as this:

"There is no starting point, no goal, nothing to attain. Just to run the path is our way."

-- Shunryu Suzuki

Ah,...your attachments to Zen indoctrinations is not very good Zen,...Although your indoctrinator may be pleased.

To say that "conceptual mind-chatter isn't the problem"...is interesting. For nearly everyone, the sense organ of thinking, the 6th sense, is the same as the other 5 senses, in that they cannot recognize stillness or the (gateless) gate of non-duality. I would suspect that Lao Tzu didn't mentally masterbate his way into recognizing Tao,...any more than Tilopa use thinking to recognize Undivided Light.

On the other hand,...for a professed conceptual mind-chatter as yourself, I'd have guess such a person may be interested in other ways to point to the eternal Tao,...perhaps in ways that were not developed for people from 2500 years ago.

I fully agree,..."There is no starting point, no goal, nothing to attain" Unfortunately, very few grasp what that points to,...for example, many New Agers talk about "beinging in the presence"...but they presume that the perceived present is the present. There is no Present in time. If "no goal" is seen conceptually, it will not be understood.

I often say, and irrefutably so,...that no one can understand Who they are, without realizing When they are. Of course, this is a maddening for those attached to their senses for their identity,...and thus their response or attack at such a dialogue is predictable.

V

I often say, and irrefutably so,...that no one can understand Who they are, without realizing When they are. Of course, this is a maddening for those attached to their senses for their identity,...and thus their response or attack at such a dialogue is predictable.

V

Hehehe. Good try but I'm still not ready to get back into the discussion.

Someday. while in your chair listening to ZZ Top,...think about being Present. I guarentee you cannot do it,...thinking is always in the past. One cannot think, hear, smell, see, touch or taste in the Present.

That points to Non-Duality,...but Non-Duality (Wu Chi) can only be experience in the Present,...and thus why the Tao is not named.

V

Ah! Sitting here in my chair listening to Moby Grape and pondering what you have said. Yeah, much truth there.

Thinking . . . if I sit here long enough my mind will catch up with my body and then I will be in the present. But we can't think about it, can we? Because as soon as we start thinking we are thinking in the past again.

The beauty of wu wei is that we are not thinking while in the pure state therefore we are present, no time, no space. Awareness without recognition. See how that fits your brain.

And I will therefore suggest that in a pure state of wu wei one can escape duality.

Now, I do understand that you wish to share your understanding regarding light and I have no problem with that. But please don't expect me to become a Buddhist so that I can start getting into your light concept. Ain't gonna' happen.

Ah, rainbows. I love it when I am offered a view of a double rainbow. That don't happen too often.

The three primary colors: red, green blue. Yep, I still have my color vision.

Oh darn!!! I just can't get away from dualities. Red, Green, Blue. Where did my White Light go?

Ah! Sitting here in my chair listening to Moby Grape and pondering what you have said. Yeah, much truth there.

Now, I do understand that you wish to share your understanding regarding light and I have no problem with that. But please don't expect me to become a Buddhist so that I can start getting into your light concept. Ain't gonna' happen.

Just listening to a Moby (Trouble so high) remix myself.

Seriously,...would be devestated if something I said led you into Buddhism, or any other diversionary belief system...for my whole essence is about shining light upon everything and anything that steps between a sentient being and their direct experience.

Undivided Light is not a concept. It is Wu Chi,...upon which Yang and Yin effects its motion.

V

Edited by Vmarco

Undivided Light is not a concept. It is Wu Chi,...upon which Yang and Yin effects its motion.

V

Ouch! You just spoke of "Chi" (in my understanding).

Your words are twisted but you are saying the same thing I have said a number of times.

Ouch! You just spoke of "Chi" (in my understanding).

Your words are twisted but you are saying the same thing I have said a number of times.

Sustaining any understanding, whether absolute or relative, demands a proper vocabulary. Nothing is ineffable. As a stand alone word, ineffable suppresses, denies, disempowers, and disconnects; it says, follow this because you'll never comprehend that. Nothing is ineffable. What Buddhists call Dharma, specifically the state of nature as it is, or Lao Tzu calls Tao, is not ineffable; it simply requires welcome.

"Undivided Light cannot be revealed, By the canonical scriptures or metaphysical treatises, Of the Mantravada, the Paramitas or the Tripitaka; Undivided Light is veiled by concepts and ideals."

V

Edited by Vmarco

Sustaining any understanding, whether absolute or relative, demands a proper vocabulary. Nothing is ineffable. As a stand alone word, ineffable suppresses, denies, disempowers, and disconnects; it says, follow this because you'll never comprehend that. Nothing is ineffable. What Buddhists call Dharma, specifically the state of nature as it is, or Lao Tzu calls Tao, is not ineffable; it simply requires welcome.

"Undivided Light cannot be revealed, By the canonical scriptures or metaphysical treatises, Of the Mantravada, the Paramitas or the Tripitaka; Undivided Light is veiled by concepts and ideals."

V

Damn!!! Not many Buddhists are willing to acknowledge this. A tip of the hat to you.

To the quote: I may be in error here but let's say that "Undivided Light" is "Non-duality". Accepting this I would agree with the quote. Non-duality, IMO, can only be experienced. Chasing after it, it becomes something unattainable. Trying to describe it is no less futile than trying to describe Tao.

Damn!!! Not many Buddhists are willing to acknowledge this. A tip of the hat to you.

To the quote: I may be in error here but let's say that "Undivided Light" is "Non-duality". Accepting this I would agree with the quote. Non-duality, IMO, can only be experienced. Chasing after it, it becomes something unattainable. Trying to describe it is no less futile than trying to describe Tao.

Actually Ramana Maharshi says that consciousness is NOT light. haha. Sorry. But Ramana Maharshi does say that the sattva mind that experiences light is just very well polished -- the mind is always giving a prism so to speak.

This error is also made by Vmarco about spacetime -- bringing up Stephen Hawking saying time does not exist because it's part of space. Actually time can not be seen -- just as consciousness is not light.

So this error of considering time as a visual perception is a very fundamental error of the West going back to Plato when he said "time is the image of Eternity." So the West measures time as distance.

In non-Western music time is not measured by distance or space but rather by listening as perception. Ramana Maharshi calls this MOUNA SAMADHI -- the highest samadhi is silence or Mouna.

So in quantum physics it's called the time-frequency uncertainty principle or as de Broglie discovered about relativity -- as time expands or slow downs frequency, paradoxically, increases and contracts. de Broglie then devised the Law of Phase Harmony to deal with this paradox but it enables the "pilot wave" that is superliminal.

O.K. so what is frequency if it is infinite or zero. Actually the frequency is zero when the amplitude is infinite.

So it's stated the energy of the universe is nothing at the moment of creation. Einstein stated light has mass but actually light as momentum. The difference is whether light is measured as amplitude or frequency.

O.K. so quantum physics is primary to classical physics and this is the great error in Western training. The first physics and only physics class I took was quantum mechanics. haha.

So the time-frequency uncertainty principle means that the energy is created by it can never be seen except only after the fact. Consciousness is this process of creation. In Taoism it's complementary opposites.

Western science still relies on conversion to symmetric measurement and this attempt to "contain" infinite using symmetric logic goes back to the Brahmin commutative property principle. In Taoism 2:3 is yang and 3:4 is yin. This means that 2:3 is the Perfect 5th or C to G in music and 3:4 is G to C, the Perfect fourth.

Under the commutative property this relation is changed to spatial terms so that C to G is 2:3 and G to C is 3:2. Otherwise you get the "comma of pythagoras" which means that there is no beginning and no ending to the ratios -- the frequency is a spiral.

So the Western concept of time and frequency are based on bad logic -- as math professor Luigi Borzacchini points out. I go into the details in chapter two of my book. Math professor Joe mazur said I did very important research on this music origin of Western math and he had me submit it to a math journal even. haha.

http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com to download my book.

O.K. so the I-thought is the One that is not a number. The source of the I-thought means listening and this process of listening then creates light.

How is this possible on an empirical level? nonwestern sound actually creates light. IN the West we measure sound through amplitude but by the Law of Pythagoras and yin/yang harmonics or the three gunas of India - the sound keeps resonating into higher frequency.

So sound resonates into ultrasound. This is proven. I give the details in my book. The highest pitch we hear externally resonates into ultrasound internally. Ultrasound creatives acoustic cavitation which creates sonoluminescence and sonofusion -- light from sound and alchemical transmutation of elements.

This process is never ending and never beginning -- no ONE is listening. It is based on complementary opposites. Buddhism calls it the "inner ear method" and in Taoism it's called Sound-Current or Quan Yin.

The forest cultures used sound as the dominant perception. The desert plow-based farming pastoral cultures use vision as the dominant perception and attempt to "contain" infinity using geometry. The desert cultures are destroying the planet with their incorrect logic that attempts to "contain" space. So time is speeding up as space is being contained on Earth with ecologically destructive technology just as science is discovering that the Universe as space is accelerating in expansion and time is slowing down. Science is not objective - there is no pure math -- it's inherently tied to the technology used to measure it.

Qigong is called the highest technology of all technologies because it's not dependent on any external source -- we just use logical inference but also the secret of complementary opposite resonance. So sitting in full lotus activates these complementary opposite harmonics. The energy flows on its own and knows what to do. Nondualism in action.

Edited by fulllotus

Thinking . . . if I sit here long enough my mind will catch up with my body and then I will be in the present. But we can't think about it, can we? Because as soon as we start thinking we are thinking in the past again.

The beauty of wu wei is that we are not thinking while in the pure state therefore we are present, no time, no space. Awareness without recognition. See how that fits your brain.

And I will therefore suggest that in a pure state of wu wei one can escape duality.

Ah, rainbows. I love it when I am offered a view of a double rainbow. That don't happen too often.

The three primary colors: red, green blue. Yep, I still have my color vision.

Oh darn!!! I just can't get away from dualities. Red, Green, Blue. Where did my White Light go?

"...we are present, no time, no space"

Hey MH, a suggestion if you will (?) consider all time and and all space recognition as a prerequisite sychronization before wading into further gobbledy-gook...

btw, the implosion of all time, space and the ocean of light is not exactly no time, no space, no ocean and no recogniton - for their is an underlying awareness of the explosion, implosion, etc. which all have an unbreakable connection.

Om

p.s. TTC. 21, "...And yet It contains within Itself a Core of Vitality. The Core of Vitality is very real,

It contains within Itself an unfailing Sincerity..."

Edited by 3bob

Undivided Light is non-dual,...divided light is duality. Don't think of light as some sort of luminousity,...that's a relative point of view from a humanistic perspective. Undivided Light is neither electrodynamically luminous, nor dark,...neither Yang nor Yin.

Yes, I said that you must realize WHEN you are, before understanding WHO you are,...but the ground to uncover WHEN is grasping Who's Who in Duality,...the nature Yang and Yin must be understood from Yang and Yin's point of view. In Buddhism, no one realizes the nature of a Bodhisattva until the recognition that Form is Empty, and Empty is Form. Yang is Yin and Yin is Yang,...although the less superior man does not see that.

As I mentioned,...everything you need to understand this is pointed to in the 'What Is Light' thread. Once you begin observing how Yang and Yin interact to manifest the projection of duality, you realize that Wu Chi, which is "Still" in the projector, is Non-duality,...without cause; beyond time-space constructs.

V

an underlying awareness of the explosion, implosion, etc. which all have an unbreakable connection.

Om

Sure,...explosion (Yin) has an unbreakable connection with implosion (Yang),...they cannot be separated,...however, they are unreal, and their conditions cannot ever enter the Unconditionality of Non-Duality. Wholeness (Non-Duality, Undivided Light, Wu Chi) is beyond the sum of opposites.

V

Actually Ramana Maharshi says that consciousness is NOT light. haha. Sorry.

Consciousness is not Divided Light,...as in Christianity's 1John, "God is light and in him is no darkness." That's duality's light,...not Undivided Light. Undivided Light cannot be detected with anything attached to the 5 Aggregates. Undivided Light cannot be seen, felt, tasted, heard, touched, or known. The 6 senses cannot experience stillness.

V

Undivided Light is non-dual,...divided light is duality. Don't think of light as some sort of luminousity,...that's a relative point of view from a humanistic perspective. Undivided Light is neither electrodynamically luminous, nor dark,...neither Yang nor Yin.

Yes, I said that you must realize WHEN you are, before understanding WHO you are,...but the ground to uncover WHEN is grasping Who's Who in Duality,...the nature Yang and Yin must be understood from Yang and Yin's point of view. In Buddhism, no one realizes the nature of a Bodhisattva until the recognition that Form is Empty, and Empty is Form. Yang is Yin and Yin is Yang,...although the less superior man does not see that.

As I mentioned,...everything you need to understand this is pointed to in the 'What Is Light' thread. Once you begin observing how Yang and Yin interact to manifest the projection of duality, you realize that Wu Chi, which is "Still" in the projector, is Non-duality,...without cause; beyond time-space constructs.

V

Wu Chi is not still for very long. haha. As Master Nan, Huai-chin says there are different levels of emptiness and there are different levels of consciousness. The secret is that consciousness and emptiness have a complementary relation just like yin and yang. Yin is the jing electrochemical energy and yang is the electromagnetic qi energy. Consciousness is the light. Emptiness is the Wu Chi or the 8th level of consciousness in Mahayana Buddhism. Just sit in full lotus and the energy will flow on its own through the various levels of consciousness and emptiness. As Master Nan, Huai-chin says anyone can experience any level of consciousness but it takes a lot of work to stabilize in that level of consciousness. The energy will continue to flow eternally on its own and so will the emptiness and consciousness. Stillness is more like the reversal of spacetime or the reversal of light. Chunyi Lin says there's no center to the universe and everyone will keep reincarnating and transforming forever.

Greetings..

For the love of simplicity, stop the word vomit!! the only thing that 'has' to happen, is for each of us to to choose our perspectives of the Life that we are.. and, you have to choose to participate in your physical experience, stop participating and soon enough the physical experience will conclude, including the 'word vomit'..

Be well..

• Like 1

Greetings..

For the love of simplicity, stop the word vomit!! the only thing that 'has' to happen, is for each of us to to choose our perspectives of the Life that we are.. and, you have to choose to participate in your physical experience, stop participating and soon enough the physical experience will conclude, including the 'word vomit'..

Be well..

SHHHHH. Stop TALKING! haha. Hilarious.

Undivided Light is non-dual,...

V

Well, darn. There is nothing in that post for me to disagree with. Surely you can do better than that. Hehehe.