the truth

can anyone help me?PLZ....

HI EVRYONE

HOPE U ARE ALL FINE

I am suffering from Psychological illness probably is a well known illness for a lot of you

wich is social phobia

And perhaps, as it is well known to many of you,... its pain doesn't.....,just in case (only those who passed it)and I don't wish this to anyone ..

the pain that is caused to us in some casestakes u to suicide

.......Psychological problems are too many many times stronger than organic or physical problems

Of course, those who try (the only one who know this pain) :(

Well, I will not write to you here the definition of the social phobia or something like that....

..... I'm here to ask you help me to get rid of this dreaded disease that is destroying my life day after day and miss on a lot of great things

and i am a man who has very high capacity(inwardly) and I like everyone i have dreams and projects to do and .. and .................. and to have a successful life.....

But it's always standing in my face and makes me hate life ........

And let me tell you the most difficult problems i face :

* I can not face the others and even if They took my right.............. and I can not give my opinion even if i was right......

and if someone hit me or trespass me .....i lose control of my muscles and become useless powers and become very shivery (in my hand and my leg)and more than that i Become totally frustrated....(feel fear inside)

Imagine with me the pain caused........ and without talking about the other symptoms ......Which are not less important than reported

And what concern drug therapy is not a great thing to talk about...

it's makes you live a certain period feel good and when you stop taking it you return like you were before......... or u will take the drug all your life and become (unnatural human)and without talking about Symptoms of drug side effects ....

i live a hard hard life because of this illness........

and I am here hoping to find the right solution ..........from you, in order to change my life and open the door to a life full of self-confidence and comfort and sophistication

thanks all ....for your time reading this and trying help me....

waiting u...

peace and god bless u all....

HI EVRYONE

HOPE U ARE ALL FINE

I am suffering from Psychological illness probably is a well known illness for a lot of you

wich is social phobia

And perhaps, as it is well known to many of you,... its pain doesn't.....,just in case (only those who passed it)and I don't wish this to anyone ..

.......Psychological problems are too many many times stronger than organic or physical problems

Well, I will not write to you here the definition of the social phobia or something like that....

..... I'm here to ask you help me to get rid of this dreaded disease that is destroying my life day after day and miss on a lot of great things

and i am a man who has very high capacity(inwardly) and I like everyone i have dreams and projects to do and .. and .................. and to have a successful life.....

* I can not face the others and even if They took my right.............. and I can not give my opinion even if i was right......

and if someone hit me or trespass me .....i lose control of my muscles and become useless powers and become very shivery (in my hand and my leg)and more than that i Become totally frustrated....(feel fear inside)

Imagine with me the pain caused........ and without talking about the other symptoms ......Which are not less important than reported

it's makes you live a certain period feel good and when you stop taking it you return like you were before......... or u will take the drug all your life and become (unnatural human)and without talking about Symptoms of drug side effects ....

and I am here hoping to find the right solution ..........from you, in order to change my life and open the door to a life full of self-confidence and comfort and sophistication

waiting u...

Greetings -

I'm sorry to hear about your suffering. Even with specific details about your medical history, online options are limited. It sounds as if you were deeply traumatized at a critical juncture of your development. The good news is that there are bodywork practitioners who have had much success healing trauma on the somatic level. I would find a somatic practitioner, take your prescribed meds, and get yourself started on a Taoist healing path. I would investigate Nei Kung first - www.neikungla.com - and accept that healing takes time. There are support groups that can assist you in gradually learning to feel comfortable in wider social circles. Please know that all of us are wounded to some degree and empathize with you. For years I couldn't speak or read in front of people because my eyes would uncontrollably seal shut, as if someone had sprinkled a few grains of salt into each one. But it eventually subsided with practice.

All the best,

Scott

Hi The Truth,

I think the advice above is excellent.

All I can do is wish you the best and talk with you when you need someone to talk with. There are many others here who will do that as well.

• Like 1

Dear Truth, within you is some small openness and sincerity to come from, so that you don't even have to open the door to a life full of self-confidence and comfort and sophistication to be whole from within.

In spite of your extreme situation, the inner space you come from will be there before, during and after. As you make the effort to meet your life-challenge, also strive to maintain an intimate awareness with what requires only subtle constant reflection to radiate from within. With that, you can take steps toward your goal as Encephalon has suggested.❤

Greetings -

I'm sorry to hear about your suffering. Even with specific details about your medical history, online options are limited. It sounds as if you were deeply traumatized at a critical juncture of your development. The good news is that there are bodywork practitioners who have had much success healing trauma on the somatic level. I would find a somatic practitioner, take your prescribed meds, and get yourself started on a Taoist healing path. I would investigate Nei Kung first - www.neikungla.com - and accept that healing takes time. There are support groups that can assist you in gradually learning to feel comfortable in wider social circles. Please know that all of us are wounded to some degree and empathize with you. For years I couldn't speak or read in front of people because my eyes would uncontrollably seal shut, as if someone had sprinkled a few grains of salt into each one. But it eventually subsided with practice.

All the best,

Scott

thank u very much for your reply.....

Hi The Truth,

I think the advice above is excellent.

All I can do is wish you the best and talk with you when you need someone to talk with. There are many others here who will do that as well.

Dear Truth, within you is some small openness and sincerity to come from, so that you don't even have to open the door to a life full of self-confidence and comfort and sophistication to be whole from within.

In spite of your extreme situation, the inner space you come from will be there before, during and after. As you make the effort to meet your life-challenge, also strive to maintain an intimate awareness with what requires only subtle constant reflection to radiate from within. With that, you can take steps toward your goal as Encephalon has suggested.❤

thanks guys........ :)

A flip side to our social phobia is the issues within the 'social' which our instinct wants to block out/avoid.

Getting clearer on what it is about the 'other' which is so threatening to a sense of security, is useful.

How to maintain integrity ( wholeness) is an increasing concern for everyone in the modern world.

I say this for the sake of balance, that the instinct of social avoidance, which we can see as a pathology, from a normative point of view, is also a social comment, embodied.

Finding your own values, your internal locus of evaluation, what you love and find inspiring, is a great strengthener.

As Joseph Campbell said, Follow your bliss. The rest will fall into place.

I dont mean to sound glib, though I'm aware this oft used phrase can come across that way.:blush:

Okay, so I may be way off here, but here's 3 things I think might help you to gain better command of your mind and your body:

1) sitting meditation

start by just lying down with no tv, radio, book, or anything. start with 5 minutes, then try 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 minutes at whatever progression you can do. Doing nothing is actually very difficult in the beginning, which is why it is actually doing something.

thinking and reflecting is okay.

When you are able to do this for 20 minutes, try doing it sitting crosslegged (or on a chair if necessary) with a straight but relaxed back, relaxed shoulders, ears over your shoulders, and palms down on your lap. It's a very regal, dignified posture, which allows the body and the mind to work properly. Keeping this position may take a bit of strength of mind, but it does wonders (just ask Buddha). You want to be relaxed but not too relaxed, like a guitar string -- it has to be the right tension, not too much, not too little.

This is how yogi's gain super-human control over their bodies and it can help to gain control over your thoughts, your fears, your anger, etc.. at least during that time period, and it will build that strength overall.

Meditation is an art, and it takes time, so give it time everyday, and keep practicing.

When you finish sitting, I suggest that you do some push ups to bring you back into the real world.

The calm and peace that you will eventually gain is what you will bring with you into the world and be able to resort back to when things stress you out.

There is a point in meditation when you become so comfortable and relaxed in the posture that you just sit, and don't even realize that you're not thinking, you're just enjoying that time of equanimity and your not anywhere else. This is like you learned how to play the solo in Stairway to Heaven on the guitar -- you're getting good, so keep at it because this comfortable presence can also come with you outside.

Two other things I would highly recommend you do:

2) take boxing or exercise classes

3) take singing or dancing lessons

This might not be easy for you to do right now, but work towards it.

Psychiatrists charge $100 an hour to decide what pills to give you and rarely cure the clients to the point they no longer need the doctor. Doing these things is far cheaper and takes far less time, and will allow you to take control of your healing. So, start with getting good at doing nothing for 20 minutes.

• Like 2

I like what the others have said. Sitting meditation to clear the mind, exercise to clear the body, singing or dancing-an excellent release. I'd add get off junk food too.

I'll be a little contrarian by saying sometimes the right drugs can be a god send. Not for everyone, but for some, its the difference between night and day. They allow people to function normally. Some problems are chemical imbalances and can't be out thought or exercised away. Pills can be a wonder drug.

Your mileage will vary.

Good luck and remember and take advice here with a grain of salt, we're neither experts nor do we have true insight into the depths of your condition.

In my experience there are no easy answers, secret formulas or magic words but there are paths and finding the right one and keeping on it will make you a little bit better each day. Good days add up.

In Hope

Michael

• Like 1

Salt!

I just had an idea about salt in diet and ionisation leading to correct serotonin assimilation. It just popped into my head. So pls take it with salt, but i wonder...

How's your diet and exercise? I like the other suggestions too but I'd look at "the basics" as well.

Welcome to TTBs! There's a bunch of stuff that works on here.

Edit: just got back from googling that idea that popped into my head. Seems there's something to it:-)

Edited by -K-

I was thinking that a Traditional Chinese doctor might do something about kidney health too, which is related to salty taste and water element coincidentally or not, since kidneys are related to fear and courage.

My unresearched theory, as stated before, is that this is related to water being adaptable, whereas fear is generally about resistance and inability to adapt to change. Either way, a TCM doctor might be able to help, but I wouldn't recommend just assuming it's kidneys and taking herbs for them since there are a number of relational things that need to be considered as well, fyi..

HI EVRYONE

HOPE U ARE ALL FINE

wich is social phobia

waiting u...

Hello the truth,

send me a personal email with your full name, address and birthday if you want to. I will see if it is possible that I can help you, even from a great distance.

Best wishes,

Holyman Flowing Hands

Edited by flowing hands

Hello the truth,

send me a personal email with your full name, address and birthday if you want to. I will see if it is possible that I can help you, even from a great distance.

Best wishes,

Holyman Flowing Hands

thank you very much, I appreciate what you are trying to do for me Holyman Flowing Hands.......

i'll send to u what u reported

no problem.....

thanks all guys who posted a reply trying to help ...thank you

and what concern meditation and qigong practices........i am going to tell you another story and another problem......

before 2 months i was meditating on the belly or the lower dantian in order to increase the chi in the dantian and have a goood amounts of chi to be able to circulate it around the mco points.....(open it)

to open the reservoir channels(ren mai and du mai) in the body and go further in the internal alchemy......and i think most of u know the practises that i am talking about.....

so when i was practising mantak chia system(exactly).......

i felt chi around my body in a lot of places but just falsh and sometimes in my dantian too.......

but the problem or the big problem that stops me, is that i had a chi raising and a bloking energy in my head......or some call it kundalini syndrome.....

and i was always feeling my head tingling and always (all the day seiing white flashes in my eye)......

and The more PRACTISED the more IT'S INCREASED .......

in the first i thought i'm going to be blind or some kind of a sore eyes but after i discovered what i have......

so......i stopped practise till now cause haven't find a solution........besides my big problem that u know it....

but in the moment i'm going to start practising eight pieces of procade and six healing sounds......and i'll see the results after 2 or 3 months(i wish it'll be good )

Aha! The old qi-gong/k-psychosis. Been there- not fun!

I found that acupuncture really helped manage the organ issues. Seth Ananda has lots of experience with folks with it. As does Susan of KAP. Check out Bentov's stuff and I found the biology of kundalini website very helpful. Also, when choosing practices, helpful to understand what they're for. Some are very specific and not necessarily suited to either your biology or circumstances.

So you were working on energy practices. As you now know, they can be too powerful on the mind, especially without the proper foundation. Zen or Taoist Heart-Mind meditation, essentially what I described above, should precede these practices by even a few years or more, especially if you hope to do them safely and with great success. Though maybe I'm jumping to conclusions about your practice regimens.

It seems like your efforts and determination bore fruit, but they were not ripened properly. Personally, I don't think hard energy practices should be done without Taoist or Shaolin martial arts regimens to offset the energy build up. Some gentle Qi Gong or Tai Chi is something else, but the Chia style of building up huge amounts of internal energy -- there needs to be a huge use of it or it will just drive most people out of their minds.

Having a good flow of energy -- which makes you feel good, energized but relaxed, healthy, and positive, this is the way to get started for the first 5 years at least, I'd say..

edit: On the other hand, yes, if you want to work with Kundalini, be sure to work with a proper instructor. Susan, username: Shakti Mama, does a skype class, and she is very experienced. She may suggest some preparatory things first though, if you're coming down from K syndrome..

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 1

I used to suffer from "social phobia" myself though i never called it that...IME social phobia is just plain fear with a title. Drop the title...it just makes it more powerful in your own mind.

It took a couple of years to get over it but looking back i can say a couple things helped me get over this nonsense:

1. Practicing talking to others, making friends and just learn to say hello and opening yourself up.

2. Chi-Gung

3. Meditation

4. Going outside and getting some sunshine. Go for a walk, don't isolate yourself from the world by hiding at home.

All of these things done consistently made a great difference in my life.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 1

Go to a nutritionist and have your diet checked out.

For a week before your appointment make a list of EVERYTHING you eat and drink

at each meal and between meals.

You might also have a doctor or the nutritionist do blood work to see if you have any deficiencies.

Go to a nutritionist and have your diet checked out.

For a week before your appointment make a list of EVERYTHING you eat and drink

at each meal and between meals.

You might also have a doctor or the nutritionist do blood work to see if you have any deficiencies.

This is good advice. Daniel Reid in his book The Tao of Health, Sex & Longevity (That one or Complete Guide to ..) had a story about a college student who was suffering myriad symptoms, mental and physical. Short story, shorter, it was diet. He existed on diet soda, pizza; literally flour, fats and chemicals. No real foods. Once he changed his diet, opened up to fruits and veggies, meat and stayed away from processed 'junk' food, he transformed.

You might not even need a nutritionist, write down what you eat, and if its crap, move toward real food. What you eat can make or break you.

edit: On the other hand, yes, if you want to work with Kundalini, be sure to work with a proper instructor. Susan, username: Shakti Mama, does a skype class, and she is very experienced. She may suggest some preparatory things first though, if you're coming down from K syndrome..

hahhh..... :)

Well let me tell you another story :D .......since you mentioned susan

you know bro, before i was searching in the net ...................

searching deep and deep about teachers, i was searching for the teacher who is a true one,and i found the truth about many many false teachers, their contains are just certification and the same information in their mind.......... and some teachers are creating styles and exercises from their imagination and so on.......(and there are many many of types....some of them ______)

and maybe i have a Sixth Sense in what concern people (their inside).....cause i had a lot of Random experiences in that.....

and finally i found the teacher that i was looking for (and it's not time to talk about him or about his great great qualities ).......

and seriously i love this guru very very much.....

and i was very frustrated when i found that he Stopped entering the forum from a long time ago .......

and i have a lot a lot of questions to him but my respect for him makes me stop.....

(cause i don't wanna disturb anyone,especially who is very charged and helping people ).

i told you this story .......cause

If I had the chance, first of all and without looking left and right, I would have gone to Guru and the great teacher satiago dobles and be his personal student all the time......

what a shame that i can't meet this kind of people( cause i have a lot of obstacles in this moment) ......

but maybe some day i will (i'm very sure)

and please guys what i said doesn't mean that teacher susan is not good or like that.......(i don't mean anything of that,.....susan is good).....

....and it's doesn't mean that all the teachers are the same.....(no, there are a lot of great teachers there are whom i know and whom i don't)

i just said what was in my heart (that's all).

thank u all, god bless u......

Aren't Susan and Santi still working together? I had an idea that perhaps not as much but ought to check. Santi's stuff isn't that expensive IMO (although if you don't have it, anything is 'expensive'.) I just got a good sunny feeling about him. So I took his distance classes and he did help with some of the roughest stuff when I emailed him. The rest of it found its own way to resolve. Not without difficulty however.

IMO you could probably crack more of this on your own than you think, giving yourself a context and some (self) knowledge. A lot of the suggestions above are really helpful. I found the TTB's helped immensely.

Does Santi take 'personal students'. I didn't see him as that kind of guy/teacher but who knows?

Hundun is another good guy to approach for K-issues. Knows the stuff.

Aren't Susan and Santi still working together?

i know that :rolleyes:

Does Santi take 'personal students'. I didn't see him as that kind of guy/teacher but who knows?

i don't know any think about that , i just said what was in my heart :)

thanks for your reply

i was diagnosed with social anxiety i don't know if this is the same thing.. it's just shyness made worse by your mind and can develop into a mental prison. My solution had nothing to do with any kind of classical meditation or energy work in fact i don't really understand how these are solutions to a social problem??(i'm also pretty ignorant on the subject so don't take my words to serious) anyway my solutions were exposing myself to social situations forced situations, awkward ones,power struggle situations and letting my my mind go. I was my problem..and not really ME but how i developed to understand social situations and my safety net keeping me from understanding. We all can change we all have fear or have feared. As an adult you have the ability to use your brain to remake who you are based on understanding. so i would say you need more social situations. A real martial art (one that spars or wrestles) can help you to learn that so many of your fears in life are just poor understanding and that you can grow and continuously improve even in the rawer aspect of life. regardless of what you do, you must be an advocate for yourself otherwise you will never find the truth. you have to live to know. the brain and the body work together to continously inform and advance the person throughout life one without the other will never get the full picture in this world. take small steps to change. people arent scary you shouldn't worry so much.

• Like 1

My suggestion, just as a starting point, would be to try and integrate yourself psychically with the outside world. By psychically, I mean look at the relationship between You and Them (outside world). The little 'I' that lives deep inside you is the same little 'I' that lives deep inside me or anyone else. To realize that makes things not so scary.

I would throw Love into the mix too. Realizing that your 'I' is the same as everyone else's 'I' makes it positive for us to actually feel a Love toward strangers; knowing that their exterior is merely a series of contortions and twists since their moment of birth, done to them by false information from others, as false information was given to you by others from the moment of birth. As children, we easily take on the opinions and attitudes of those closest to us.

Is there any part of you that can see, smell, and feel the Oneness of all life? Can you go outside and lay face down in the grass and smell the earth, knowing that this is your mother and of her you are a part? We are all made from stardust, that's all - merely ants on the globe from a distant perspective.

We all have the same needs, which manifest as wants and fears. You fear others because you consider yourself separate from others. In actuality there is an Essence deep within you that is immortal, and we all share it whether we know it or not. It just takes work to get down to it.

There is something that happens to a person when they've been earnestly walking the upward path for a very long time. There is a subtle shift in perspective that awaits you in which things are seen very clearly. Fear and isolation will be removed, as you will Know that all things work in concert; even those things seemingly unreconcilable.

Very best wishes to you on your path. Your sincerity and earnestness is the open door inward.