konchog uma

Yigong by Sifu Jenny Lamb

I mostly avoid comment on anything related to Max and Kunlun for a variety of reasons, but I will say this: the perception of Max as you describe as "some ultra super human being with some demonic powers or whatever" was a direct consequence of his marketing program. His early website, his video clips, posted stories of his history and childhood, all designed specifically to create exactly this "flawed perception." He may not have emphasized these things in personal meetings or seminars but it was the only information about him that he made available through his website to the general public. It was a misunderstanding created by Max himself more than any consequence of "fear, disbelief, fascination, and jealousy." I've never met him and I take you all at your word that he is a down to earth, regular guy with something to offer that many people find valuable. But he is also responsible for the hype and misconceptions that he created. At least, that's my read.

That hype was mostly generated by Chris who was in charge of the marketing and presenting Kunlun to the bums in the beginning. But you are right, it still doesn't excuse Max from letting his art be presented in that manner. But why does it need excuse? It was very successful in drawing attention, a lot of attention, to his teachings than it would have if it was presented as "another average joe teaches qi gong." People would be very reluctant to pay travel, lodging, and seminar fee for someone they think could be find down the block. IMO, if Jenny taught without the Kunlun hype, she wouldn't get half the students she receives. To compare, look at the KAP site, it looks like a cheap pop-up ad. But it hasn't been as successful as Kunlun.

A lot of the sensational stuff just seems like that to people who are not familiar with where Max is coming from. It's not flawed perception because the things shown and written on the website happen to be who Max is. From a person who comes from an entirely different context in life, all that seems crazy and threatening. So how do you attract beginners to such a practice without making them dismiss it as another qi gong exercise or new age pseudo art? It's a tricky balance. But I think the faith in Max's abilities in person by Chris and the early Kunlun team and the legitimacy and effectiveness of the practices made the whole thing work. It was in the lines of "just come see him, you'll see what we are talking about." In the past 3 years, Kunlun had become very successful in drawing practitioners of all levels. Most people on thebums approached Max with skepticism, but also a majority of people who have met him came back with a positive feedback and let the marketing hype slide, because they saw that he and the practice had the goods.

He is in a way beyond the normal human, but what I was suggesting with the post was the being such a way does not detach one from the day to day life but more of the opposite.

And it's not true that a lot of the misconceptions came from the website. It was more often generated by certain users here at the bums literally suggesting that he was a demon and a fraud with NLP techniques or something in those lines. It's worth noting that none of those people actually met him. It was just rumors.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 1

But why does it need excuse?

Not saying that it does, just saying that contributed to the perceptions being what they are.

And it's not true that a lot of the misconceptions came from the website. It was more often generated by certain users here at the bums literally suggesting that he was a demon and a fraud with NLP techniques or something in those lines. It's worth noting that none of those people actually met him. It was just rumors.

I was around then and I would disagree on this point. I think more of the misconceptions came from Max's presentation and less from the nay-sayers. To be truthful, all I can speak to is my own experience and that was a consequence of his marketing, not what others were saying about him. I really can't speak for anyone else so I'll let it go there. I just feel that Max is responsible for the way his person and his art were presented. If he is as you say he is, I'm sure he understands this and accepts the responsibility with aplomb.

Thanks for the follow up, L7S.

I have taken several seminars from Max in 2008. I do not find his marketing misleading in any way. Besides, Max never set himself up as a "spiritual master - he has exceptional powers and could had easily done so. He doesn't even like to be called sifu, which is a common courtesy title given to qigong and martial arts instructors.

I learned a lot from him and I found the practice amazing. It seems those who complains about him never met him or taken a seminar form him.

He doesn't even like to be called sifu, which is a common courtesy title given to qigong and martial arts instructors.

So much I know, if my knowledge isn't obsolete now and I didn't misunderstand (maybe someone can say more about this):

He is not allowed to be called a sifu regarding his mao shan lineage. A lot of the stuff he learned, he learned from people who didn't authorize him to fill that role.

Does anyone else do spontaneous adjustment meditation?

Mine was nice and spirally and gentle for the first time yesterday. That was nice, I am going to do that practice regularly, it is a really awesome mirror to see how your own energies move in!

Also got "I Am That" in the mail from amazon, which Sifu Jenny recommends reading 100x on her site.

She recommends it one hundred times :)

she doesn't recommend reading it one hundred times

nevermind

• Like 1

Also got "I Am That" in the mail from amazon, which Sifu Jenny recommends reading 100x on her site.

She recommends it one hundred times :)

Well I recommend NOT reading it 1000 times!!! How about that? Harharhar! Owlned!

Are you referring to the book by Nisargadatta Maharaj?

Excellent book - if you like it you may also want to check out Sri Ramana Maharshi, same basic approach to spirituality.

Are you referring to the book by Nisargadatta Maharaj?

Excellent book - if you like it you may also want to check out Sri Ramana Maharshi, same basic approach to spirituality.

yes thats the one :)

thank you for the recommendation!

Well I recommend NOT reading it 1000 times!!! How about that? Harharhar! Owlned!

haha i think i will listen to Sifu Jenny mister Owlnage

and then if i have any regrets i will tell you so you can say "i told you so!" or something similarly awesome

haha i think i will listen to Sifu Jenny mister Owlnage

and then if i have any regrets i will tell you so you can say "i told you so!" or something similarly awesome

More like "I told hooooh so!".

wow.. i am absolutely amazed these discussions are still going on. LOL....some things never change!

My first visit to TB in quite awhile...

I wanted to post clips from a DVD presentation from Sifu Jenny Lamb at the 2011 Awakening and Transformation conference at ECETI. DVD is only $15 and her lecture covers topics she had not previously publicly addressed. Its awesome, and intense.

approximately 90 minutes

I think you can order via paypal... here is a link. or you can email

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FJJW97WV3KJ6Y

Video Clip from DVD

Jenny Lamb 2011 Awakening & Transformation Conference P2

LOVE!

pamela

Anything that annoys you is "for" teaching you patience. Anyone who abandons you is "for" teaching you how to stand up on your own two feet. Anything that angers you is "for" teaching you forgiveness and compassion. Anything that has power over you is "for" teaching you how to take your power back. Anything you hate is "for" teaching you unconditional love. Anything you fear is "for" teaching you courage to overcome your fear. Anything you can't control is "for" teaching you how to let go and trust the Universe. ~ Jackson Kiddard

wow.. i am absolutely amazed these discussions are still going on. LOL....some things never change!

My first visit to TB in quite awhile...

I wanted to post clips from a DVD presentation from Sifu Jenny Lamb at the 2011 Awakening and Transformation conference at ECETI. DVD is only $15 and her lecture covers topics she had not previously publicly addressed. Its awesome, and intense.

thank you for the vid link! Thats awesome! Sifu Jenny is amazing

I just did Jenny's seminar here In melbourne, and it was very very good smile.gif

Her take on the Max situation was Interesting. She has great love for him, called him a Dharma brother from other lives...

But he told her he had written a book and said he would bring it around for her to see, and never did. Then she realised that the main part of it was her stuff, as people kept finding her and saying, this is what Max teaches, why are you not more acknowledged? [in my copy of pillars of bliss, he acknowledges Jenny Wu as 'my sister in the Kunlun tradition who taught me to push forward'] {my observation is - where is the Credit for her being the actual lineage holder of the spontaneous form?}

Then eventually when Max wanted to reprint, he sent a student round to show her the planned print, and they said we will give you credit as the lineage holder, but we need you to sign off on the what we have written. Jenny read it and said sorry I can not Lie, ever so I can not sign off. The history here is a total Fabrication, and If I lie for Max, I create bad Karma for both him and me, which I will not do. So she seemed a bit sad, and said her hands are tied. She loves Max, but cannot support his Lies.

Now when i learned Kunlun, I got to peruse through the teachers hard drives, and unfortunately saw a file on the original planned story for How Kan met Max. It was probably filmed by Mantra if I am remembering it right, but It is completely different to the current online story of how Kan met Max. To me this is proof I unfortunatly can not show anyone, that both Kan and Max are both happy to be completely fraudulent.

The origional planned story had Kan as a blackbelt student of some martial artist in Japan, sitting with his teacher watching a Demo from Max.

Now Max is on stage, and 'volunteers' from the audience are getting up to try to attack him, but his powers are too real and they instead roll around on the floor... It showed the footage of this 'obviously' staged event. Kan then says his teacher gets outraged and tells him to go up their and break Max's spine {or some such drastic thing} and It goes pack to the performance footage, where Kan gets up on stage, tries to attack Max, but rolls around on the floor just like a golden Bamboo demo. Kan then tries a few more times before submitting and asking to become Maxes student.

All this was described conversationally, by Kan and Max, in an interview setting, with flashes to footage from the event. It was obviously going to be a public release.

I think Max wised up to general public opinion, around MMA fighters punching Golden Bamboo masters in the face. He probably realised that if he released that footage, he would have people other than gullibale students who just roll around from his 'energy' actually trying to punch him in the face. He backed out just quick enough. He Initially wanted people to believe that he really could stop attackers with energy, which is partially seen even in his movie, with all the allusions to actual combat scenarios...

So he is a sneaky lucky man who just missed becoming the next Golden Bamboo laughing stock.

Any way that story I watched with my own eyes is totally different to the last 'How Kan met Max' story. There is no way out of it. He and Kan are Liars.

But, they may still be good teachers, even Great. Just a bit challenged on the integrity Level. ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

Hello Seth Ananda,

This is my first visit to this tread because I know Sifu Jenny Lamb has a very good reputation...and i decided during this mercury retrograde period to try and catch up and learn about what other Qigong and kung fu teachers are doing.

I know this is in reply to a 3-year old posting, but nonethelss, I'm sorry to hear that there is the type of problem a Yigong teacher not properly acknowledging the lineage holder and source of the knowledge that's being taught and published. There is karma behind that, obviously, and Sifu Lamb has obviously taken the high road, which is always the wisest and safest.

Good that you take a strong stand in reporting the truth about the situation. Based on the quality of your other postings on the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung thread, I trust your observation and reportage.

Best to you and Sifu Lamb,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear

Hello Seth Ananda,

This is my first visit to this tread because I know Sifu Jenny Lamb has a very good reputation...and i decided during this mercury retrograde period to try and catch up and learn about what other Qigong and kung fu teachers are doing.

I know this is in reply to a 3-year old posting, but nonethelss, I'm sorry to hear that there is the type of problem a Yigong teacher not properly acknowledging the lineage holder and source of the knowledge that's being taught and published. There is karma behind that, obviously, and Sifu Lamb has obviously taken the high road, which is always the wisest and safest.

Good that you take a strong stand in reporting the truth about the situation. Based on the quality of your other postings on the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung thread, I trust your observation and reportage.

Best to you and Sifu Lamb,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

I can only assume that Max was trying to use untruth for the sake of effectiveness. Sometimes people can or have to be tricked into success, and that might be his philosophy. This would to some degree match what was explored in that recent movie with the 'fake' guru. (Forgot the title.)

Also, something I could not verify in any more detail, but was told a few years ago by someone quite reputable who shows a mix of acknowledgement and criticism regarding Max (I could sum it up as 'differing viewpoints regarding philosophy and practice'), is that "Kan is a known con artist in Japan". I didn't know why I didn't inquire further back then. I guess because I thought that if someone makes a singular statement like that, I don't put much relevance into it. Maybe exactly because regardless of how much insincerity is involved in what Max did/does, I did witness that it yields results.

Some more things were said, but those, too, had little relevance in downplaying the results Max achieved.

Edited by Owledge

I'm sorry to hear that there is the type of problem a Yigong teacher not properly acknowledging the lineage holder and source of the knowledge that's being taught and published. There is karma behind that, obviously, and Sifu Lamb has obviously taken the high road, which is always the wisest and safest.

There's also karma behind telling people they have entities attached to them, and charging like $4,000 for a removal, like Jenny Lamb does.

There's also karma behind telling people they have entities attached to them, and charging like $4,000 for a removal, like Jenny Lamb does.

$0, $4 or $4000, karma doesn't care, just people do.

$4000 is for 7 days 24 hours all inclusive intensive care by Jenny Lamb in her house, if I'm not mistaken.

Did someone who went for a treatment with her complain? Or just those who 'considered'.

I didn't talk to her, but in her articles she's quite clear about all possible kinds of entities, ie. not just 'ghosts sucking up your powers' but also self-created thought forms etc.

I don't know what she tells to those who contact her exactly but if you have details about potentially unethical behaviour, why not post the details? Otherwise it's just the old 'how does (s)he dare to charge so much' game.

• Like 2

Nah it's honestly just a 'how dare she charge so much' thing. The economy sucks, these people are apparently hurting...it takes the lowest kind of person to take advantage of someone in that situation.

I don't charge thousands of dollars if I let someone stay at my house, or if I help them out. Lets start thinking clearly here!

• Like 1

I can only assume that Max was trying to use untruth for the sake of effectiveness.

Not that it's an excuse, but I believe Max wasn't the only one involved (ie. there was also marketing/production side), could it be he just didn't 'care' as much as he should about the final product? Pure speculation on my side, just read couple of old threads that's all.

none of my business/moving forward:

Is it ethical/are there carmic consequences, for practicing from the original Kunlun book that contained the 3 levels passed on from Sifu Lamb, but 'not authorized'?

Or was that my 'good karma' to be exposed to those teachings that way.

I'm split on the issue...tearing the hair.

Nah it's honestly just a 'how dare she charge so much' thing. The economy sucks, these people are apparently hurting...it takes the lowest kind of person to take advantage of someone in that situation.

I don't charge thousands of dollars if I let someone stay at my house, or if I help them out. Lets start thinking clearly here!

Those people have plenty of other options for a treatment, she's not the only one, there are others charging more and of course many more charging much less. Price is just one of the criteria for demand matched with supply. Skill...location...time...methods used...beliefs...'reviews'

(I have read a post from her about one treatment and it didn't sound like 'good business', she sounded exhausted. If that post was from her heart, I'd completely understand her price.)

When I read what she charges (but who knows I didn't contact her I don't know what she would charge in my case), I couldn't bother less, I was more intrigued that she comes from 'daoist background' but practices buddhism...'so what's really working',.different people = different criteria

Edited by Leif

There was a poster last summer that said it was $12,000.....I had Drew ask SFQ master Jim Nance about this and he just laughed and said he just works with energy blockages.....Seems a lot cheaper. Also Jenny Lamb told a poster on here that he had an entity....Michael Lomax told the person that his Neikung would eventually burn through it.

I'm not saying Jenny Lambs system is bad - I've never tried it. Flying Phoenix Qigong master Terry Dunn has recognized his and Jenny Lamb's system as complete medical Qigong systems........My intuition tells me you can add SFQ and Lomax's system to that list as well.

• Like 2

IF you believe you have entity attachment, please see if there is a Bodhi Meditation near you. Some advanced practionaers there may be able the help you free of charge. Bodhi Meditation was found by Mr Jinbodhi (Jinputi).

Some of the best gifts aren't wrapped pretty. Worthwhile practices are sometimes beautifully taught by shady self-proclaimed tricksters big on braggadocio and short on ethics. No matter. When you get your Yigong / Kunlun package in the mail you've got a few choices. If you never ordered it and it arrived by mistake, throw it in the garbage or take it to Goodwill. If it seems intriguing, well then, go ahead and tear off all that useless paper and look inside already. The only thing you've got to lose is your mind.

Just one thing: Please don't get on Taobums and offer your critique of the giftwrapping your package came in. Don't say how you would of preferred purple or that someone put the bow on crooked. That stuff is distraction pure and simple. Focus on the thing itself and you'll find out soon enough whether it's something you want.

Liminal

• Like 3

Jenny Lamb seems llke a cool person.

But wouldnt it be wicked if she just went like vader on max and booked a one way ticket to Hawaii with her trusty broad sword in hand. :D

Edited by thamosh