konchog uma

Yigong by Sifu Jenny Lamb

Just wanted to make the observation that the OP was about Jenny Lamb and i think in 8 pages, one of them (thank you hundun) was in direct response to it.

I should not have even mentioned Max. It seems like everywhere his name pops up, opinions and controversy follows. I think he is like strong spirits (alcoholic), powerful but toxic in high doses. Sifu Jenny seems like water by comparison, when i listen to her and read her she is always saying "no thats not the point, enlightenment is the point" and she even said on her Q&A page to someone who was like "max blah blah blah..." she said "dont talk about max let him speak for himself i teach yigong not kunlun".

So my instincts tell me that the actual practices of kunlun are beneficial, but the energy of max seems to attract controversy (as well as snakes, bullets, knives, moving vehicles, etc). I don't think anyone should fault him for this, we are who we are, and if you were him, you would be him. I wouldn't want to walk a mile in his shoes thats for sure. But at the end of the day, i get a much better vibe from Sifu Jenny, who seems so driven by integrity that i am surprised she would let her diplomacy down and even say that stuff to Seths group. Even if it's true, she seems like the type to not want to generate the karma that drama brings.

Well, sorry everyone i should have taken Sifu Jenny's advice and kept her and Max separate and not compare and contrast them. To everyone who got involved in this mess of a thread i feel i owe an apology for not phrasing my OP in better terms.

Your scared of snakes?

:lol:

I think you are overblowing those stories. Max didn't say he was killed in those accidents, but almost nearly died in each instance. I actually know each story you are referring to. Max is over 50 years old and his life has been dedicated to the occult and the supernatural. He's been in the military and one of his hobbies is treasure hunting. He is friends with a guy who has regular contact with aliens (Alex Collier). He studied under a master who teaches spirit fighting. If your life is structured around these activities you are bound to have certain incidents occur.

There are stranger stories in the accounts of tibetan masters or in the Daoist cannon. Why are you so surprised?

dude, STOP IT ALREADY! when he was questioned about ACTUALLY DYING he even claimed that there was a death certificate in Japan from when he was killed by the car! i wasn't the only one there. i'm not over-blowing ANYTHING, and i'm a little bit bothered at the notion that i need to make up crap about Max. IT HAPPENED. DEAL.

So you want Max to do, as he did to Witch, someone at the seminar? I don't understand your line of thinking. You don't have understanding of how Max's energy works or its potential impact on a person who approaches with a malicious intent. What if it could potentially damage the nerves of that person for the sake of doing a demo? Why would Max take that risk?

1.) he could heal those nerves. 2.) he didn't damage Witch's nerves. 3.) he controls the strength of what he projects, it's not all or nothing.

this is getting ridiculous now. you really have no idea what i understand and how far i've gone.

Max doesn't scare me in the slightest. isn't that obvious? i'll gladly throw some stuff in his direction and see if his energy and lineage does to me what it did to Witch. nothing harmful, just like she didn't do anything particularly harmful. but just something a little annoying to say "come at me, bro." if he strikes back and hits, i'll openly admit it. even if i don't find it particularly impressive, i'll acknowledge it without criticism.

deal? or what's the problem now? i'm not strong enough to reach him or something like that? regardless of what you say, i'm going for it.

nobody pray for me. you'll just get in the way.

Please tell what you know about the nagas :excl:

oh i don't know anything except that years back on TTB there was some heated conversation about reptile beings and kunlun being connected.

I know nothing about it.

and i do know better than to dredge up that old nonsense in any way other than laughingly, so don't you bums go making a big mess of that little comment too!! hahaahaha

dude, STOP IT ALREADY! when he was questioned about ACTUALLY DYING he even claimed that there was a death certificate in Japan from when he was killed by the car! i wasn't the only one there. i'm not over-blowing ANYTHING, and i'm a little bit bothered at the notion that i need to make up crap about Max. IT HAPPENED. DEAL.

1.) he could heal those nerves. 2.) he didn't damage Witch's nerves. 3.) he controls the strength of what he projects, it's not all or nothing.

this is getting ridiculous now. you really have no idea what i understand and how far i've gone.

Max doesn't scare me in the slightest. isn't that obvious? i'll gladly throw some stuff in his direction and see if his energy and lineage does to me what it did to Witch. nothing harmful, just like she didn't do anything particularly harmful. but just something a little annoying to say "come at me, bro." if he strikes back and hits, i'll openly admit it. even if i don't find it particularly impressive, i'll acknowledge it without criticism.

deal? or what's the problem now? i'm not strong enough to reach him or something like that? regardless of what you say, i'm going for it.

nobody pray for me. you'll just get in the way.

It seems like this is a personal issue for you. I never mentioned anything about Max scaring you. Why does anything like that come into this discussion? What has "how far you've come" or your abilities have anything to do with what we are talking about? We were talking about the situation in which the guy challenged Max to demonstrate on him at the seminar. It didn't involve you. You should know that it is much easier to do damage to a person than heal him/her in any interaction. Witch was affected critically, doesn't have to be the physical nerves. You can't control the effects of your actions on a person's body, especially when its nature is subtle. And even if you make it minimal, why in the world would Max risk that to a person who is there with his wife and kid in the middle of a lecture? Don't you see the context beyond just "me vs. Max" thing you have projecting here?

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

"At the seminar I went to he claimed to be immortal. He said he had been pronounced dead twenty times. He mentioned something about documentation of this in Hong Kong, so he wasn't referring to past lives." --Todd

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/3829-max-and-the-sf-kunlun-workshop/page__view__findpost__p__38550

Yes, the goal of Kunlun is the Golden Dragon Body, or the returnable Rainbow Body. It's immortality or ending the cycle of rebirths, i.e. enlightenment. It's the main purpose of the practice.

• Like 1

oh i don't know anything except that years back on TTB there was some heated conversation about reptile beings and kunlun being connected.

I know nothing about it.

and i do know better than to dredge up that old nonsense in any way other than laughingly, so don't you bums go making a big mess of that little comment too!! hahaahaha

It certainly sounds like a mess. :lol:

aliendance.gif

What about the coffee shop story, where Kan wouldn't pay for his Cappuccino and went invisible using Golden Dragon Body or something?

Ok that's not the story. Kan's body dematerialized in the coffee shop unwillingly.

You're acting like a troll.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

What about the coffee shop story, where Kan wouldn't pay for his Cappuccino and went invisible using Golden Dragon Body or something?

Whoa now, that's not the coffee shop story I heard!

I heard he was just standing in line/standing around, got his coffee, but his hand started to disappear in a spontaneous energetic way. His coffee fell through it, some woman saw his arm and screamed. His hand came back, the mess got cleaned up... and everybody went on with their lives :lol:

Maybe the coffee was too hot and he dropped it and blamed his arm turning invisible so he wouldnt have to clean it up or pay for it?

Funny how things happen when you least expect it huh, anyone capture it on film, does the store have CCTV camera's usually most shops would have them? Love to see it!!!

Ok, nonlinear input time: :lol:

I got an image of a Gollum-like creature bent over.

Well, I don't think Max (might allegedly) tell tall tales or play pranks for ego, fame, sex or money. I think deep down, he may do it for acceptance and love. Otherwise, he may feel insecure as some sort of oddity. So, he may subconsciously feel like he has to overcompensate and entertain the audience to "earn" their love, sort of like a circus freak.. And if that means embellishing some crazy stories, well...you must give them what they want to win the crowd, right?

Of course, the kicker is that it's all unnecessary. It'd be like Michael Jordan inflating his stats. Whyyy...WTF?? :lol:

Well, this may all be completely off-base, just throwing it out there for kicks!

Just wanted to make the observation that the OP was about Jenny Lamb and i think in 8 pages, one of them (thank you hundun) was in direct response to it.

I should not have even mentioned Max...Well, sorry everyone i should have taken Sifu Jenny's advice and kept her and Max separate and not compare and contrast them. To everyone who got involved in this mess of a thread i feel i owe an apology for not phrasing my OP in better terms.

Props for posting this anamatva.

There is a major lesson to be learned from the Kunlun drama that I can't put my finger on...

In the meantime, some ironic humor:

My sense is the board will make a gradual transition from talking about the huge characters connected with the practice(Max, Chris, Han etc) to actually just focusing on the practice and then just focus on peoples experience with the practice.

So..I think all this bickering will be over with by 2008.

Note the date on that post...

And from that same thread, some words of wisdom:

I often watch pigeons out of my window - their group dynamics are no different than this thread.

I actually appreciate this - it just reminds me that although we're talking about haughty subjects we're just animals grunting narrowly meaningfull sounds (or making marks with black on white pixels).

Edited by Creation

It seems like this is a personal issue for you. I never mentioned anything about Max scaring you. Why does anything like that come into this discussion? What has "how far you've come" or your abilities have anything to do with what we are talking about? We were talking about the situation in which the guy challenged Max to demonstrate on him at the seminar. It didn't involve you. You should know that it is much easier to do damage to a person than heal him/her in any interaction. Witch was affected critically, doesn't have to be the physical nerves. You can't control the effects of your actions on a person's body, especially when its nature is subtle. And even if you make it minimal, why in the world would Max risk that to a person who is there with his wife and kid in the middle of a lecture? Don't you see the context beyond just "me vs. Max" thing you have projecting here?

Okay. bored now.

and while Max seems to have some sort of spiritual vendetta against Witch, i didn't get so much as a hiccup from throwing a couple of black pyramids his way, even yelling into the aether, "Come at me, bro! Cut all the nonsense! Come at me!"

guess i'm lucky he's feeling all compassionate and forgiving tonight. or something.

i'm out. like i said. bored now. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hundun

I predict this thread will die down by the year 2012. :lol:

Hi Scotty, long time bro, I thought you were a Kunlun teacher or representative sometime ago?

Yo...yea I took the course and had a certification for a while.

Okay. bored now.

and while Max seems to have some sort of spiritual vendetta against Witch, i didn't get so much as a hiccup from throwing a couple of black pyramids his way, even yelling into the aether, "Come at me, bro! Cut all the nonsense! Come at me!"

guess i'm lucky he's feeling all compassionate and forgiving tonight. or something.

i'm out. like i said. bored now. :rolleyes:

Yeah, maybe you aren't as advanced or powerful as you think you are as someone suggested before. You sound a lot like Starjumper, but a little more mature.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

deal? or what's the problem now? i'm not strong enough to reach him or something like that?

Yeah, maybe you aren't as advanced or powerful as you think you are as someone suggested before.

you're right on time! :lol:;)

i think my point has been made, but you go ahead and keep clinging to the belief in your teacher's super powers, which he loves to show off, but is too moral and reserved to demonstrate, except when spiritually touched by a witch, apparently.

Max might be great teacher to some of you, but you guys really can't defend the man against his own words. you might get the last word in this thread, but you haven't won the debate.

i've had some ridiculous teachers in my life. i love them and appreciate them, but that doesn't make them NOT ridiculous. and likewise, being ridiculous did not disqualify their genuine skill.

let your flawless, spotless image of Max fall, and what remains is STILL a great teacher who changed your lives. what remains is the only thing that ever really mattered anyway.

just stop trying to re-write history or discredit everyone who has ever leveled a criticism at the man, and you won't hear another peep from me on the issue.

• Like 3