konchog uma

Yigong by Sifu Jenny Lamb

I agree K. ...and I think our answer to this is Lao Xie, Christopher Matsuo! That is just my humble opine.

Who are these people and what's your answer?

IME/IMO the answers 'used to be' = 'had to be' painted on and souped up and something totally different (hehe) from anything the person seeking answers knew. IMO/IME we 'know' 'too much' which is why unreserved reality is a pre-requirement for any path whatsoever.

In complicated times, I suggest keeping it simple:-)

Now when i learned Kunlun, I got to peruse through the teachers hard drives, and unfortunately saw a file on the original planned story for How Kan met Max. It was probably filmed by Mantra if I am remembering it right, but It is completely different to the current online story of how Kan met Max. To me this is proof I unfortunatly can not show anyone, that both Kan and Max are both happy to be completely fraudulent.

The origional planned story had Kan as a blackbelt student of some martial artist in Japan, sitting with his teacher watching a Demo from Max.

Now Max is on stage, and 'volunteers' from the audience are getting up to try to attack him, but his powers are too real and they instead roll around on the floor... It showed the footage of this 'obviously' staged event. Kan then says his teacher gets outraged and tells him to go up their and break Max's spine {or some such drastic thing} and It goes pack to the performance footage, where Kan gets up on stage, tries to attack Max, but rolls around on the floor just like a golden Bamboo demo. Kan then tries a few more times before submitting and asking to become Maxes student.

All this was described conversationally, by Kan and Max, in an interview setting, with flashes to footage from the event. It was obviously going to be a public release.

I think Max wised up to general public opinion, around MMA fighters punching Golden Bamboo masters in the face. He probably realised that if he released that footage, he would have people other than gullibale students who just roll around from his 'energy' actually trying to punch him in the face. He backed out just quick enough. He Initially wanted people to believe that he really could stop attackers with energy, which is partially seen even in his movie, with all the allusions to actual combat scenarios...

So he is a sneaky lucky man who just missed becoming the next Golden Bamboo laughing stock.

Any way that story I watched with my own eyes is totally different to the last 'How Kan met Max' story. There is no way out of it. He and Kan are Liars.

But, they may still be good teachers, even Great. Just a bit challenged on the integrity Level. :o:D

Seth, I don't understand where you see the inconsistency? If you are referring to Kan's interview on PA website, how Kan mentions the shaman telling him about Max, it was during his travels where the shaman foretold of him meeting a profound teacher. As for the actual meeting, Kan tells a very similar story to the one about attacking Max because of his teacher's orders. At one of Max's seminars, Max told the same story. So it's been consistent...I don't know where you are seeing all this blatant lying..? There seems to be a misunderstanding.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 2

BTW, both practices may arise purely spontaneously and in right order though it is very rare, like the original Wu Dragon. Hint

The right to transmit the gemstone belongs solely to one in whom it arises that is not constrained by lineage or tradition.

The real meaning and source of the practices is very great -something almost beyond comprehension. It is useless to argue about who is wrong till that root is found, then everything will become very clear.

Can you explain more, taooneusa?

• Like 1

You don't choose the ring, the ring chooses you.

Can you explain more, taooneusa?

You don't choose the ring, the ring chooses you.

Edit: lol, what I wrote sounded more hostile than I meant. Hehe, I think using movie taglines to explain esoteric principles is a bit silly.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

It's not silly at all. At our cores we are super heroes and practice qigong so that more of these qualities shine through.

Supergods: What Masked Vigilantes, Miraculous Mutants, and a Sun God from Smallville Can Teach Us About Being Human

http://www.amazon.com/Supergods-Vigilantes-Miraculous-Mutants-Smallville/dp/1400069122/ref=pd_sim_b1

The Seven Spiritual Laws of Superheroes: Harnessing Our Power to Change the World

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Spiritual-Laws-Superheroes-Harnessing/dp/0062059661/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1318737240&sr=8-3

Edit: lol, what I wrote sounded more hostile than I meant. Hehe, I think using movie taglines to explain esoteric principles is a bit silly.

That being said, those practices by any name are extraordinarily healing! Like wow man! So I want to learn from Jenny Lamb (Yigong), and also from Chris Matsuo's DVD (Kuan Yin Magnetic Qigong). Is DGS out of stock of that DVD right now?? All I see is 3for1 haha $300 indeed

Aside from Easterninternalarts.com's info page, are there any resources besides seminar with Jenny herself for learning her yigong? I have googled such things, but you resourceful type bums might know of something that I didn't find, because basically all I found was the Q&A page on her site.

i don't think the kuan yin magnetic qigong dvd was ever made available as a single teaching on the site. you have to contact them directly. send a message to [email protected], and make sure they have it in stock. the cost is $108.00, which covers shipping as well. the quality is not great, but it's good enough. in fact, the information that's shared about the practice is not very great, either, but it's good enough. i guess i just have a very high standard because there is more garbage being peddled in the esoteric arts than in most other arenas. but even though there are gaps and ambiguities in the video, i still find the practice enjoyable and beneficial. i don't think it's the safest of practices for newcomers (crown practices can cause a lot of problems without proper guidance), but that's for others to determine for themselves, i guess.

as far as learning Sifu Jenny Lamb's Yi Gong, study the video, subscribe to her school's page on facebook (she has written some very good essays that are focused on what matters most: being a great student), and listen to her interviews on youtube. there are a number of them. she is very intelligent, clear, and no-nonsense. no fantastic, too-good-to-be-true stories. and she emphasizes cultivating and trusting in your own connection to the divine, not relying on some other person's transmission. if you do the work, and apply the techniques, you'll get the results.

hour 1:

skip ahead in the video above and listen to 26:00-32:30 right now. you'll get a REALLY good sense of who she is and where she's coming from. she's amazing.

hour 2:

in my opinion, Sifu Jenny Lamb is a true master.

enjoy your journey.

• Like 7

i don't think the kuan yin magnetic qigong dvd was ever made available as a single teaching on the site. you have to contact them directly. send a message to [email protected], and make sure they have it in stock. the cost is $108.00, which covers shipping as well.

oh okay i failed to comprehend that from the other threads. Thank you! In light of fiveelementtao's warnings about mixing and matching systems, I think I will work with Sifu Jenny's vids for a good long while and not worry about dragon gate sanctuary right now. But i thank you all the same!

as far as learning Sifu Jenny Lamb's Yi Gong, study the video, subscribe to her school's page on facebook (she has written some very good essays that are focused on what matters most: being a great student), and listen to her interviews on youtube. there are a number of them. she is very intelligent, clear, and no-nonsense. no fantastic, too-good-to-be-true stories. and she emphasizes cultivating and trusting in your own connection to the divine, not relying on some other person's transmission. if you do the work, and apply the techniques, you'll get the results.

thank you, i really enjoyed the 5 minute segment you pointed out in that 100th monkey interview! She seems very pragmatic and level headed. I like her a lot!

I don't have a facebook account, largely because of their unscrupulous information-handling practices, and certain gems hidden in the fine print of their EULA. But i can always write to easterninternalarts and see if they have copies they could send me.

in my opinion, Sifu Jenny Lamb is a true master.

enjoy your journey.

Thank you, and thanks for answering my questions so nicely. I am still waiting for my DVD so i have time to listen to some interviews :)

Something I should have addressed earlier...

I like fiveelemnttao's approach to his modern Teutonic shamanism class. From what I can tell, he's been very up front about where it is coming from. He's been very up front about his integrating his knowledge of Chinese systems in the search for a universally applicable system, his meditative experiences, his scholarly research, as well as his "oral traditions" of looking at known mythologies and looking at the practice points illustrated in them.

It is up front. It is honest. "Yes. We're talking about stories. But you know what? The stories tell us something. Let's see what we can practice from them."

That is good and I fully support that.

His Teutonic stuff is almost entirely made up...the rest of it is connecting the dots when there really is no connection. He claims that his ancestor spirits guided him, but anyone with a discerning eye can tell otherwise.

He has posted fraudulent history here regarding ancient symbols and this tradition.

The HUUL breath mantra is just red phoenix level 2 stolen and modified a bit. Where is the acknowledgement? Where is his certification to teach and modify Kunlun methods?

Moreover, where is his certification from his maoshan teacher? From what I understand, the teacher disowned him and told him not to teach!

This isn't even touching the "Celestial Neigong" stuff, which is absolute crap.

Just my opinion. I wanted to share it earlier, but felt a kind streak run through me despite this man's bitterness towards me in the past. Now that he has felt the need to freak out on me again, I feel totally fine with stating my mind about his PRODUCTS.

Not willing to discuss this further. :) My apologies for addressing an amateur system in the midst of discussion regarding a couple of real teachers.

• Like 3

Seth, I don't understand where you see the inconsistency? If you are referring to Kan's interview on PA website, how Kan mentions the shaman telling him about Max, it was during his travels where the shaman foretold of him meeting a profound teacher. As for the actual meeting, Kan tells a very similar story to the one about attacking Max because of his teacher's orders. At one of Max's seminars, Max told the same story. So it's been consistent...I don't know where you are seeing all this blatant lying..? There seems to be a misunderstanding.

Well then, If that is the case, I am sorely mistaken and confused as to how I got this impression. So I will now go and eat my Boot. I wanted to insert a pic I have of a boot but i cant figure out how one does that.

Well, I still think he is a little Dodgy though. First there is Jenny's experience with him making up the Kunlun history, but a bigger second, Is If he really wants us to believe that he 'energied' Kan into submission, well that is too much for me to swallow. I call Fraud.

I do not believe for an Instance that Kan really tried to attack him, or that they did not know each other before that footage was taken.

But my opinion counts for nothing. The only way we can solve this, is to find some Fighter who is happy to punch a hippy in the face, and have him challenge Max. If he fall over from the awesome Max chi, well, i'll eat my boot again...

Now on the fraudulent teacher thing... I am not necessarily 100% against it. He may still be a Really Really good teacher. I can't comment on that, I have never met him.

When a Shaman palms out some chicken gizzerds as part of his healing, I consider it just his way of getting his patients mind on side, to maximize healing potential, and minimize the patient getting in the way of himself... I have no problem with that... B)

• Like 4

bit confused

theres an 's' on the end of teacher and drive.

should they not have been pluralized?

If you haven't met Max and did learn Yi Gong from Jenny, then

who are you referring to as "teachers" and

what do you mean by "hard drives"

Um the teacher is Doug, he is one of Max's Kunlun teachers, and he let me look through his hard drive, at a ton of Max's footage...

• Like 3

His Teutonic stuff is almost entirely made up...the rest of it is connecting the dots when there really is no connection. He claims that his ancestor spirits guided him, but anyone with a discerning eye can tell otherwise.

He has posted fraudulent history here regarding ancient symbols and this tradition.

The HUUL breath mantra is just red phoenix level 2 stolen and modified a bit. Where is the acknowledgement? Where is his certification to teach and modify Kunlun methods?

Moreover, where is his certification from his maoshan teacher? From what I understand, the teacher disowned him and told him not to teach!

This isn't even touching the "Celestial Neigong" stuff, which is absolute crap.

Just my opinion. I wanted to share it earlier, but felt a kind streak run through me despite this man's bitterness towards me in the past. Now that he has felt the need to freak out on me again, I feel totally fine with stating my mind about his PRODUCTS.

Not willing to discuss this further. :) My apologies for addressing an amateur system in the midst of discussion regarding a couple of real teachers.

Scotty I have formally reported you to the mods for this post and have requested that you be temporarily or permanently banned for what I consider to be conscious, deliberate and malicious attack on my integrity and character... I am not the only person who has "freaked out on you" recently. Perhaps you have contributed to mine and others' reactions to you lately. You really need to take a look at yourself.

• Like 4

Yup. I am critical of you as a teacher, and even more critical of your PRODUCTS...if this is deserving of any moderator action, then so be it! I can handle that and will not fight against it.

But if it is, then I will feel obligated to point out where others are critical of teachers/products as well!

And I will also point out how you have "consciously, deliberately and maliciously attacked my character" here:

95% sure? So, Max lied to me? Is that what you are saying?

Dude, you really need to check yourself. You admit that you don't know. Your uneducated unresearched opinion is worthless in comparison to the opinion of the two people involved here who are Sifu Matsuo and Max. You THINK you know but you haven't bothered to check with the teachers involved here?

I had the same suspicion as you but I personally asked Max before saying anything publicly.

What you are doing is calling me an idiot, and your teacher and Sifu Matsuo liars...

For you to publicly differ with Max's stated opinion is nothing short of disrespect. And you are clearly doing it to somehow make yourself look superior to Sifu Matsuo. Disgraceful.

If you were my student and you did something like this, I would stop teaching you and I would tell other teachers to not teach you either...

If you want to make progress on your path, Scotty, I strongly suggest you get some serious lessons in humility and pull your head out of your rear end.

I was right to put you on ignore. So back you go.

I find your actions to be extremely offensive to the lineage...

Now, put me on ignore like you said you were going to do, so we can let this go. Such a waste of time.

Well then, If that is the case, I am sorely mistaken and confused as to how I got this impression. So I will now go and eat my Boot. I wanted to insert a pic I have of a boot but i cant figure out how one does that.

Well, I still think he is a little Dodgy though. First there is Jenny's experience with him making up the Kunlun history, but a bigger second, Is If he really wants us to believe that he 'energied' Kan into submission, well that is too much for me to swallow. I call Fraud.

I do not believe for an Instance that Kan really tried to attack him, or that they did not know each other before that footage was taken.

But my opinion counts for nothing. The only way we can solve this, is to find some Fighter who is happy to punch a hippy in the face, and have him challenge Max. If he fall over from the awesome Max chi, well, i'll eat my boot again...

Now on the fraudulent teacher thing... I am not necessarily 100% against it. He may still be a Really Really good teacher. I can't comment on that, I have never met him.

When a Shaman palms out some chicken gizzerds as part of his healing, I consider it just his way of getting his patients mind on side, to maximize healing potential, and minimize the patient getting in the way of himself... I have no problem with that... B)

:lol: :lol:

Max does a lot of those demonstrations, and it's not something that's totally out of the line from what I've seen at the seminars. There's a video of him doing demonstrations in front of Jenny somewhere too. As for random people attacking him, I think Witch here at thetaobums tried something in those lines. I don't exactly know the details, but I think it was pretty ugly.

Yea, but none of these stories are a major concern for me. The practice works, Max seems to know what he is talking about, and they are based on legitimate lineages. He talks about stuff way more out of your imagination than just subduing another person with energies. For me they just leave room for possibilities, whether they are true or not, as with anything, I'd have to experience it myself.

Yup. I am critical of you as a teacher, and even more critical of your PRODUCTS...if this is deserving of any moderator action, then so be it! I can handle that and will not fight against it.

But if it is, then I will feel obligated to point out where others are critical of teachers/products as well!

And I will also point out how you have "consciously, deliberately and maliciously attacked my character" here:

Now, put me on ignore like you said you were going to do, so we can let this go. Such a waste of time.

Too late. This is over the line when you made it personal. You just don't know when to stop, Scotty or own up when you screw up. Had you kept it in context, that would have been fine. But, these kinds of personal attacks are not cool and you clearly don't know the difference. I'm on a mission to get you banned. You don't know the difference between honest disagreement and personal attacks. IMO, you need to go.

• Like 3

He has posted fraudulent history here regarding ancient symbols and this tradition...

Can you support these claims besides that they look fishy?

Calling you out is not screwing up, regardless of whether I'm banned or not (for telling the truth about your products and your history). You need to take your own advice!

Since I'm already wasting enough of my time on fiveelementtao, I am not willing to look up old posts to support my claims.

They are there, if you search through his old posts.

My claims are not "fishy" at all...they are absolutely true regarding him and his products.

Other teachers can be slandered, called "liars" and have a whole bunch of false claims said about them (such as that evil reptiles are involved with them)...how is it that NOTHING is allowed to be said of fiveelementtao's products?

Something to think about, for those who have a bit of honesty.

EDIT: whoops, read your post wrong, lucky. But I guess the answer is the same for now: I can support my claims, but am unwilling to at the moment.

Edited by Scotty

Guess what, "fiveelementtao"...

Your post which started this (which was actually a personal attack and contained insults) is now reported, too. :D

Witch, if i recall, tried to energetically connect with him and drink some of his energy at a distance, i believe. she got a bad vibe from it, and it freaked her out a little bit. she never met him, and she never attacked him. so that incident doesn't meet the standard that Seth is looking for.

with respect to using energy to fend off attackers, Seth is absolutely right. Max admitted himself that it doesn't work that way, after he was challenged by a martial artist in SF. i was there.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/3829-max-and-the-sf-kunlun-workshop/page__view__findpost__p__38534

you'll notice later in that thread that Chris basically called me a liar and denounced my skill as a practitioner, but as soon as i let him know that i had recorded the lecture, he wished me well and immediately backed off.

also, to add more clarity to the discrepancy, i had a brief back-and-forth with Scotty over this issue a year ago:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/15012-verdesi-sfqguidance/page__view__findpost__p__199826

notice that the videos i linked as evidence are no longer online. neither are almost ANY of the videos from back then. this is only my opinion, but i believe it's because the story has changed and the old narrative cannot be explained away. there used to be dozens of videos and interviews from 2008, and now they are scarce.

every statement i made about the man is true. i don't harbor any ill will (although my posts from 2007 are pretty agro), but why is it so hard for Max's supporters to acknowledge that things were a little sketchy in the beginning and has since grown?

• Like 2