konchog uma

Yigong by Sifu Jenny Lamb

No i am not Jenny's spokes person, but she did emphasise several times in front of the entire workshop, that he asked he to sign off on, in her words 'Total Fabrication' a history that not even she had been taught...

And to me she seemed genuinely Sad...

So Sifu Jenny doesn't know the history herself.

Honesty at the expense of talking poorly about a "dharma brother" behind his back, to a bunch of beginner students? Essentially defaming another school and spreading rumors?

I wouldn't consider that speaking behind his back. She seemed to have just replied to a question in an honest way.

• Like 1

Honesty at the expense of talking poorly about a "dharma brother" behind his back, to a bunch of beginner students? Essentially defaming another school and spreading rumors?

Like I said, people will form vastly different opinions on what's presented here...some types of people will think this is an example of her integrity.

My opinion on how to behave with your friends and fellow teachers is obviously something else entirely.

All I can do is kinda be in awe of this world we live in sometimes. :lol:

Its quite strange how you seem to be trying to shift blame from max and his dodgy actions over to jenny! Are you sure you don't work for the Media? You would make a great propagandist engineer...

You seem to be implying that If someone lies, their friend and teacher who is Totally committed to Honesty, should just play along...

• Like 5

So Sifu Jenny doesn't know the history herself.

If I understood rightly she went back and got filled in on these details, after the whole Max thing flared up, and it is different to his claims...

The truth on the level we are discussing is malleable. But I certainly have my view of it, and you have yours. If we are more honest with ourselves, we can "see both sides of the coin". For instance, I can see your point that someone shouldn't go along with a friend's lies.

Nothing we're saying is really of any value...

Does posting this kind of thing make you feel above the rest of us having a discussion here?

I am above the discussion considering that I do not see it as vital to my well-being, nor do i see it as particularly important to me that I valiantly come to the defense of people that I don't even know. It's not about being below or above, or anything of the sort. It is not a matter of incredible importance. and yes I am enjoying reading about this considerng the heated discussion which you have entered into.

It's nice to have humor, and take a step back at things or else we start obsessing over the small stuff in life. You know it's the ego that's hurt when you start snapping at people unnecessarily.

Wow, here is a direct lie from Max.

Page 25 of pillars of bliss, paragraph 2.

"This ancient method has never been taught outside of monasteries"

lol, he learned it out side of a monastery, down the road with Jenny who teaches it out side of a monastery!

and more, page 26, paragraph 1:

"I have promised to reveal these teachings only when those who taught me said the time was right"

That is even funnier, as he never asked Jenny if he could teach her system, that she is the Lineage holder of, let alone promised her anything or had her tell him that 'the Time is right!"

I have Enishi Avatar in my head when I read this you know... this yellow chomping

worm with big big eyes: OM NOM NOM NOM.

Well share you some coke Kali,

I like the scene when Seth joins and spam in sentences while LuckySeven

start to move about the history of Yigong This gives this fastening action.

Both do have good appearance.

:D

:D It would be even cooler if Max would teleport over here and Hadouken me to the ground! I really would become his student... Lies and all :)

• Like 3

lol, he learned it out side of a monastery, down the road with Jenny who teaches it out side of a monastery!

Perhaps he was talking about before it was shared with Jenny? ;)

"I have promised to reveal these teachings only when those who taught me said the time was right"

That is even funnier, as he never asked Jenny if he could teach her system, that she is the Lineage holder of, let alone promised her anything or had her tell him that 'the Time is right!"

Maybe he's talking about his other (real) teachers...

Why do you feel the need to try and call Max a liar? What purpose does it serve, honestly? To make Jenny look more legitimate?

Another case of "when you point the finger at someone, there are three pointing back at you". Could be an example to learn and develop from, rather than taking this as 'scotty defending max' or 'scotty and i are having a debate'. :)

I am above the discussion considering that I do not see it as vital to my well-being, nor do i see it as particularly important to me that I valiantly come to the defense of people that I don't even know. It's not about being below or above, or anything of the sort. It is not a matter of incredible importance. and yes I am enjoying reading about this considerng the heated discussion which you have entered into.

It's nice to have humor, and take a step back at things or else we start obsessing over the small stuff in life. You know it's the ego that's hurt when you start snapping at people unnecessarily.

Your post was just unnecessary and tasteless.

• Like 1

:D It would be even cooler if Max would teleport over here and Hadouken me to the ground! I really would become his student... Lies and all :)

Be careful what you wish for.

I am tempted, though, to find out more. Curiosity killed the cat.

Edited by witch
  • Like 2

Wow, here is a direct lie from Max.

Page 25 of pillars of bliss, paragraph 2.

Level 2 and 3 have never been taught in public by Jenny. To my knowledge Jenny never taught level 2 in its entirety to anyone, let alone level 3. I'm not even sure she taught Max level 2.

Also we don't know the circumstances in which Jenny taught Max. I doubt Max went to a seminar.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

If I understood rightly she went back and got filled in on these details, after the whole Max thing flared up, and it is different to his claims...

Ah I see. So apparently Sifu Jenny's understandings of the origins of the practice is different from Max's. Either that or Max just made it up. The latter possibilities is just strange to me because the story is unnecessary. He had already published the first pillar of bliss book and it wasn't likely that Sifu Jenny would not see it. And the people who buy it wasn't buying it because it had an origins story. In fact, it seems he approached Jenny for approval. Why would you approach your teacher with a fabricated story about a practice you learned from that teacher, all the while knowing that there were still controversies happening as to your legitimacy (such as at thetaobums at the time)? Some thing doesn't line up.

Perhaps he was talking about before it was shared with Jenny? ;)

Never means never mate :) and if he meant before Jenny would he not just write it like that, its only a few extra words... Didn't want to strain his didgits? lol

also Jenny did not learn it in a Monastery either, she learned it in her teachers house...

Maybe he's talking about his other (real) teachers...

No, if he meant that he could have just said it. truth is truth. stop trying to twist it or make it more malleable than it is. Max has been directly dodgy with this sentencing. It is deliberately misleading, painting a false picture...

Why do you feel the need to try and call Max a liar? What purpose does it serve, honestly? To make Jenny look more legitimate?

more redirection Scotty? taking the spotlight off max and pointing it at me? :D

but Jenny really does not need any help looking legitimate, no its more that Max not being Honest annoys me, and his students who still try to pretend that he is not dodgy despite all the facts annoy me, and I want people to know the Truth. I completly don't mind people being his students, just don't try to re write history to make him a faultless saint... accept that he has been dodgy and move on...

Another case of "when you point the finger at someone, there are three pointing back at you". Could be an example to learn and develop from, rather than taking this as 'scotty defending max' or 'scotty and i are having a debate'. :)

I don't mind. I am out shortly to Occupy Melbourne...

• Like 1

also Jenny did not learn it in a Monastery either, she learned it in her teachers house...

...who is from the monastery (maoshan)?

I don't know...am legitimately asking.

stop trying to twist it or make it more malleable than it is.

Stop trying to make a tiny piece of the truth seem more concrete than it is!

more redirection Scotty? taking the spotlight off max and pointing it at me?

Well, whose path is more important to you: your own, or someone who isn't even here? The spotlight should always be on us. I have always been trying to point to the practices and to our own actions in the midst of this gossip fest.

no its more that Max not being Honest annoys me, and his students who still try to pretend that he is not dodgy despite all the facts annoy me

I am not pretending. I admitted before that he tells stories, and that some myth is involved in the sharing of practices. What you're seeing is actually people questioning what you consider to be "all the facts". We just point out that you don't have ALL of the facts, despite what you like to think.

If you are interested in working on your own path, instead of the gossipping route...I'd suggest you work on honesty in admitting when you don't have the whole picture.

For instance, I admitted that in regards to Jenny, by saying that I've never met her and shouldn't be jumping to conclusions based off of her website and what other people assert that she said.

Not saying I'm a good example to follow, but that action was a good example to follow.

Have fun at Occupy...wish I was occupying but my town is too small.

Your post was just unnecessary and tasteless.

Ooo look at me being a big baby because I didn't like someone else's post. Get over it.

• Like 1

People can all form their own opinions of various teachers. For instance, you have formed yours about Max. It's all good and this doesn't have to come between us. :)

Fair enough. :)

geeze, this thread is growing faster than i can keep up. and i don't have time to go through everything, so i just want to highlight one point and then move on.

Max saying he died isn't much of a big issue. Practitioners go through the death process at higher levels. There are people here who have teachers who have gone through death experiences. Tibetan lamas go through the bardo through visions also. It's not nonsense. Yes immortality is one of the main aspects of Kunlun, as with taoism and Kunlun's aim, the returnable rainbow body. I don't understand what shit he pulled. What Max did in the circumstance seems like the obvious thing to do.

dude, you're killing me. do you think i don't know about the death process? if that's what Max was alluding to, i would have said so, or i never would have brought it up at all. i was very clear:

the man said he could even ingest poisons, on the grounds that all energy is essentially the same. he claimed he was killed by a car, was killed by a snake, he fell off a mountain, was shot, stabbed, and a bunch of other crap that i can't remember.(i couldn't help but wonder how such a master could be so damn accident prone.) does that sound like the "death process" you're referencing?

it was bogus, bro. but i can't wait to see how your re-interpret this! :lol:

EDIT:

is it just me, or did anyone else notice how it was all about healing, love, and integrity when he didn't demonstrate real skill in-person, yet the supporters are all QUICK to sign off on a psychic attack against a woman who just wanted him to ejaculate? a woman that he likely doesn't even know exists, given that they've never met or spoken. you wanna take all that on faith, that he threw some wicked shit at Witch, but he's too good a person for a genuine, IN-PERSON, OBSERVABLE demo?

yeah, whatever. :lol:

Edited by Hundun
  • Like 3

dude, you're killing me. do you think i don't know about the death process? if that's what Max was alluding to, i would have said so, or i never would have brought it up at all. i was very clear:

the man said he could even ingest poisons, on the grounds that all energy is essentially the same. he claimed he was killed by a car, was killed by a snake, he fell off a mountain, was shot, stabbed, and a bunch of other crap that i can't remember.(i couldn't help but wonder how such a master could be so damn accident prone.) does that sound like the "death process" you're referencing?

it was bogus, bro. but i can't wait to see how your re-interpret this! :lol:

Ok, so the death process isn't a strange story to you. Ingesting poisons and detoxifying them with your energy is a well known Daoist practice. I have tried it to a certain degree with my body too abeit on a very minimal scale.

I think you are overblowing those stories. Max didn't say he was killed in those accidents, but almost nearly died in each instance. I actually know each story you are referring to. Max is over 50 years old and his life has been dedicated to the occult and the supernatural. He's been in the military and one of his hobbies is treasure hunting. He went to China when there weren't many foreigners allowed. He is friends with a guy who has regular contact with aliens (Alex Collier). He studied under a master who teaches spirit fighting. If your life is structured around these activities you are bound to have certain incidents occur.

There are stranger stories in the accounts of tibetan masters or in the Daoist cannon. Why are you so surprised?

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

This is why some teacher not give their name and their history of their lineage.

Else is go to competition about who has the greater lineage or who has the greater

ancestor. They giving the teachings that you judge for yourself and see for yourself

what they bring by your own practise.

It sometimes is sad as one of my teacher told to not know the name of their great benefactors only feeling them still alive and wandering somewhere in China or disallowed to tell the name of their teachers like Sun Wukong. Those who follow the way of the teaching of Lao Zi are to avoid Ranking and Award.

And this is how it is practised: No history, no name = no trace.

Think Oddyseuss said he is "nobody"- Other Cyclops asking: Who hurt you?

blind Cyclops : Nobody!.

Q

Very eloquently put. Anything less could further condone perpetuating egoic structures which would lead to a contradiction. The evidence is seemingly clear.

is it just me, or did anyone else notice how it was all about healing, love, and integrity when he didn't demonstrate real skill in-person, yet the supporters are all QUICK to sign off on a psychic attack against a woman who just wanted him to ejaculate? a woman that he likely doesn't even know exists, given that they've never met or spoken. you wanna take all that on faith, that he threw some wicked shit at Witch, but he's too good a person for a genuine, IN-PERSON, OBSERVABLE demo?

yeah, whatever. :lol:

So you want Max to do, as he did to Witch, someone at the seminar? Witch wrote here herself that what happened to her was very critical and she hasn't been able to fully recover. Why would Witch lie to us? She's disapproved of the retention practice in the book from day 1. I don't understand your line of thinking. You don't have understanding of how Max's energy works or its potential impact on a person who approaches with a malicious intent. What if it could potentially damage the nerves of that person for the sake of doing a demo? Why would Max take that risk?

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Just wanted to make the observation that the OP was about Jenny Lamb and i think in 8 pages, one of them (thank you hundun) was in direct response to it.

I should not have even mentioned Max. It seems like everywhere his name pops up, opinions and controversy follows. I think he is like strong spirits (alcoholic), powerful but toxic in high doses. Sifu Jenny seems like water by comparison, when i listen to her and read her she is always saying "no thats not the point, enlightenment is the point" and she even said on her Q&A page to someone who was like "max blah blah blah..." she said "dont talk about max let him speak for himself i teach yigong not kunlun".

So my instincts tell me that the actual practices of kunlun are beneficial, but the energy of max seems to attract controversy (as well as snakes, bullets, knives, moving vehicles, etc). I don't think anyone should fault him for this, we are who we are, and if you were him, you would be him. I wouldn't want to walk a mile in his shoes thats for sure. But at the end of the day, i get a much better vibe from Sifu Jenny, who seems so driven by integrity that i am surprised she would let her diplomacy down and even say that stuff to Seths group. Even if it's true, she seems like the type to not want to generate the karma that drama brings.

Well, sorry everyone i should have taken Sifu Jenny's advice and kept her and Max separate and not compare and contrast them. To everyone who got involved in this mess of a thread i feel i owe an apology for not phrasing my OP in better terms.