konchog uma

Yigong by Sifu Jenny Lamb

Witch, if i recall, tried to energetically connect with him and drink some of his energy at a distance, i believe. she got a bad vibe from it, and it freaked her out a little bit. she never met him, and she never attacked him. so that incident doesn't meet the standard that Seth is looking for.

I think it more than freaked her out. The story goes a bit deeper than that.

with respect to using energy to fend off attackers, Seth is absolutely right. Max admitted himself that it doesn't work that way, after he was challenged by a martial artist in SF. i was there.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/3829-max-and-the-sf-kunlun-workshop/page__view__findpost__p__38534

What would you have done?

every statement i made about the man is true. i don't harbor any ill will (although my posts from 2007 are pretty agro), but why is it so hard for Max's supporters to acknowledge that things were a little sketchy in the beginning and has since grown?

Because there isn't. All the negativity about him comes from thetaobums. People who are disappointed in him conjure up their own projections. The "sketchness" has died out, because most of it has been misunderstandings.

"i wasn't there to get blissed out. i was there to seek the guidance of a true master. someone who could look right into me and know where i've been, and know what i need to reach the highest levels. someone who could share wisdom or tools to help me with some of the issues that arise with my patients. someone who could make me a better servant to others."

I found this quote from the thread. Seems like you went to the seminar looking for something or someone. And inevitably was disappointed...where's the sketchiness?

If some guy in the middle of a lecture stood up and asked me to give him internal bleeding I would just tell him I can't. And if he calls me a fraud for that, I would say ok. Go ahead, call me what you want, walk out, but I'm not going to hurt you when I'm lecturing on compassion and enlightenment.

the guy who tried to start a fight was a student of wong jack man and a martial artist.He arrived with his wife and son. The event was a free lecture on the topic of enlightenment.Not a martial arts demonstration or open challenge match. The guy got up to fight and disrupted an event for enlightenment, this was very very rude. He marched out after Max said that he would not fight.The mans wife stayed behind with her son and finished the event after her husband marched out. you lied and exaggerated several times in your post.

Rubbish, in Taoist circles it is totally acceptable and there is a long history of people getting up and challenging Masters. In the old days, and Max likes to present himself as being 'old school', {"Im not a very New agey guy" - Lama thunderbolt movie - possibly not an exact quote, but close enough} Martial artists took over a whole school by defeating the Teacher.

In today's very 'newagey' circles a challenge would be "very very rude" because in Newage stuff, we are all meant to feel good all the time, and Challenge is totally unacceptable to our ego's. lol

Max teaches his snake palm Bagua, claims to be a martial artist, demo's flashy chi take downs on his movie, gets challenged to a fight by someone who is not a student, backs out claiming "it don't work that way!" but apparently it does, as he allegedly gave the Chi Smack down to Kan.

If I have too, and he agree's, next time he is in Aus, I will try to lay the smack down on him :) And he does not have to worry about my channels, they be strong, and if he worries about my internal organs, well I practice steel shirt, so they should be able to take his empty force...

• Like 1

are you being juvenile, or just making humor

when you challenge to fight it's your own ego you put to the test.

I don't think you understand me... :)

I think Max is dodgy, but I do not necessarily believe that he is a bad Teacher, but I feel mistrustful about him...

But, if he really can overcome me with his chi, as he claims he did to Kan, then I really want to be his student. Unfortunately there is only one way for me to know for sure, and that is by me trying to bop him one, while he Chi's me to the floor. lol

I am a competent Martial artist, I can get around 998 kg in my punch, going on last time I hit one of those measuring pads, [assuming that it was accurate]

So no, I am not being that humorous, and I dont really see the big deal of two martial artists having a few rounds... Taoists are unperturbed by challenging or by being challenged.

So its not really a massive Ego thing for me either, and If I KO him, well I will be a little disappointed but not that surprised {wont be the first time}, but if I find myself rolling on the floor suddenly in agony, well Freaking Awesome! And he gets himself a devoted new student...

Edited by Seth Ananda
  • Like 3

you take kindly to threats of violence?

I actually subscribe to pacifism as a general rule, but I am a Martial Artist, and do not consider knocking someone out in a competition that bad.

I would not have feelings of hate or particular aggression. If he refused, well I would not fight an un consenting person but that would be disappointing.

All old school Taoist martial artists, would accept a challenge... :lol:

Im a Martial artist and a spiritual person (Daoist) ordained and all, I said the same thing about max years ago and been banned trying to warn people about his demo's. I also said he can try his Chi on me and I wont even attack only because im open to this type of stuff and believe things like this could be true only because of things Ive witnessed by my teachers. I myself cannot do this stuff but would love to be part of the experiment! Does that make me egotistic? If Max can do this so easily and the person wants to experience it I advise max to take the person to another room and give it a shot no need for an attack just let the person stand there and receive his energy. I agree with Seth as Ive been teaching CMA since 1992 and have had many challengers at my Kwoon in the past, I dont like to fight but if attacked or put down in anyway sometimes its best to have that challenge even with rules!!!

Most enlightened Taoist were Martial artist in the past, Taiji founder, LHBF founder, Bagua, Mao Shan, Wudang, Wu Tai Shan, Kun Lun all knew some type of martial art / spiritualism as it goes hand in hand as it is found on internal energy for health, healing and to protect the temples.

Sifu Garry

• Like 2

not all Taoist practice fighting.

that does not mean they were unsuccessful in their aim of immortality or enlightenment

But Max does, or so he claims.

And I am not threatening him, I am a very gentle and good natured being most of the time. Challenging someone is a consensual arrangement, and remember that he himself claims to have challenged people to get up and attack him, like at the event where he supposedly 'Chi whipped' Kan.

He also demonstrates controlling 'ATTACKERS' on his movie. So there must be some reason to do this right? He can either do it or he can not and is a Liar.

Why are you finding this so hard to follow?

1. He claims to be able to do it, with his demo's and his how i met Kan speel.

2. I don't believe him.

3. If he comes to Australia, I, in a friendly way will say, "with your permission, I would like to try and punch you!" :)

4. If he can do his stuff, as he claims I will be one happy little cookie! :D

• Like 3

No, Seth is right here. Traditional schools in China were always backed up through force and skill, and like the man said, the ability of a master to respond to a challenger from a different school was the watermark in which the effectiveness and thus the longevity of a school was judged. The only way to test the true power of your system was to try it out against someone else's. Hard to have a school survive when all the students see the master getting his ass whooped and change to a new school. It is considered a matter of pride and dignity for them really. In the old days kung-fu was not just something cool you could learn, it was something on which your very life depended on.

IMO if this Max fellow chooses to demonstrate martial ability and quasi-psychic capabilities so blatantly, then he is to expect this sort of thing and live up to it. It seems that he wants the hype but not the bad strings that go along with such a thing. I wonder what his old master would have thought of this.

• Like 3

I think it more than freaked her out. The story goes a bit deeper than that.

she didn't attack him. she never even met the guy. her personal experience doesn't meet the criteria we're talking about, no matter how deep you wanna believe the story goes.

What would you have done?

personally, i would never have made such a claim! :lol: but seriously, read the post. what i wrote is exactly what he said.

"in this art, if you don't believe in it, it will not work."

"i'm not a martial artist."

"it doesn't work if someone's swinging at you."

"it works with kunlun people. but it may not work with other people. most of the time it doesn't."

you can try to call me a liar if you like, but those are his words. you're welcome to re-interpret them through some cognitive gymnastics that make it more palatable for yourself, but i choose to to examine his words at face-value.

Because there isn't. All the negativity about him comes from thetaobums. People who are disappointed in him conjure up their own projections. The "sketchness" has died out, because most of it has been misunderstandings.

then PLEASE be very clear and specific about what i have misunderstood.

"i wasn't there to get blissed out. i was there to seek the guidance of a true master. someone who could look right into me and know where i've been, and know what i need to reach the highest levels. someone who could share wisdom or tools to help me with some of the issues that arise with my patients. someone who could make me a better servant to others."

I found this quote from the thread. Seems like you went to the seminar looking for something or someone. And inevitably was disappointed...where's the sketchiness?

do you really NOT see what you're doing here? my criticism does not flow from the fact that he didn't meet my standard; it flows from the fact the he did not live up to his own claims and the claims of Chris T. so no, there's no sketchiness in the ONE comment you chose to quote while ignoring EVERYTHING ELSE that is BLATANTLY CLEAR. :rolleyes:

If some guy in the middle of a lecture stood up and asked me to give him internal bleeding I would just tell him I can't. And if he calls me a fraud for that, I would say ok. Go ahead, call me what you want, walk out, but I'm not going to hurt you when I'm lecturing on compassion and enlightenment.

first, this isn't about what YOU would do; it's about what actually happened. second, he didn't didn't simply say he can't; he said it doesn't actually work that way, that the energy affects students, but doesn't really work on non-students. then he named a number of other masters for whom that was true as well. you're painting a very different picture from what actually took place.

What exactly are your statements? Couldn't find any coherent opinion in those threads.

i'm not asking you to look to my opinions, as those are just opinions. i'm asking you to look to the actual events as i articulated them. like i said, i had the entire lecture recorded and listened to it as i wrote those posts. i didn't embellish or change a single word in any of the quotes i made. i'm okay with people thinking i'm a jerk at times, but one thing i am not is a liar. that's an issue of integrity which i DO take personally.

not all Taoist practice fighting.

According to Max, he was trained in Wudang, and they DEFINITELY practice fighting.

he claimed that he was trained in 3 schools, remember? Wudang, which was criticized as too militaristic; Mao Shan, which was feared and criticized for their practice of Thunder Magic; and Kunlun, which was criticized for being too esoteric. and he brought all three together.

he also claimed that he was one of four masters who were allowed to leave the temple every 100 years, and he was the last one still teaching, because he'd made a promise to one of his dying masters. it's all very romantic, but NONE of that is factually true, which is why Sifu Jenny Lamb could not and would not sign off on it.

again, this doesn't mean he doesn't have anything to offer. i know first-hand that he does. but what i stated above is NOT a misunderstanding on my part.

after my thread in 2007 bitching about the whole thing, i went through some real shifts as a result of Max's transmission. it took a few days to ramp up, and it really penetrated me after about a week. i give thanks for that. and my feeling about Max are not what they were back in 2007. but the factual statements i made back then are still true. and my greatest frustration was that his real gift was beautiful enough, so i didn't understand the need for all the hype and storytelling.

whatevs. i have no ill will towards Max or any of his students. but so long as folks attempt to rewrite history, i will continue to step forward and speak what i know. because for some of us, it DOES make a difference.

Edited by Hundun
  • Like 3

Hmmmmmm.....

I dont know. In these things you have to be very careful. To those who know (in the neichia community) distance and privacy are things that really dont exist. Ive had a master from another school break my laptop twice after issuing such a challenge. he even did a distance strike on me right in my eye which i had to respond to(and respond i did).

Its 1 thing to call his bluff but its quite another to question his alchemy and thus his internal power. Which is really what you are doing because the inner power comes from the spiritual alchemy.(you have to know where he went wrong in his alchemic training)

Now i beleive that the energy Max is talking about is the bliss energy from the kunlun practice that can be projected but thats a magentic energy not electric energy. Now his vibration is another story. Me personally i can zap someone from 14in away but to be considered as having distance power you have to be over 3 feet.

Max has juice I know that.

Edited by templetao

Hmmmmmm.....

I dont know. In these things you have to be very careful. To those who know (in the neichia community) distance and privacy are things that really dont exist. Ive had a master from another school break my laptop twice after issuing such a challenge. he even did a distance strike on me right in my eye which i had to respond to(and respond i did).

Its 1 thing to call his bluff but its quite another to question his alchemy and thus his internal power. Which is really what you are doing because the inner power comes from the spiritual alchemy.(you have to know where he went wrong in his alchemic training)

Now i beleive that the energy Max is talking about is the bliss energy from the kunlun practice that can be projected but thats a magentic energy not electric energy. Now his vibration is another story. Me personally i can zap someone from 14in away but to be considered as having distance power you have to be over 3 feet.

Max has juice I know that.

*sigh*

NO, questioning his alchemy is NOT what i'm doing. in fact, i thought i was actually ACKNOWLEDGING his alchemy by expressing (albeit very generally) the shifts that his transmission made in me.

but there's no real way to know what actually happened with Witch. she didn't attack him. she never even met him. and we know little-to-nothing about what internal practices SHE engages in. her experience might have had nothing at all to do with Max. THAT'S why it doesn't fit the criteria.

Seth and i BOTH have juice. tons. so do a number of other teachers and practitioners on this thread. that's not the point.

okay, i'm going to bed.

I am a competent Martial artist, I can get around 998 kg in my punch, going on last time I hit one of those measuring pads, [assuming that it was accurate]
Nice, that'd put you at just 30 lbs shy of 2230 lbs by Cain Velasquez.. :D

Anyhow, Max's playful demos are basically just to show how he can transmit influence over a distance and trigger kriyas, in those open & willing enough. Kriyas can also be triggered by touch and just on your own. And they can always be stopped at will, if you wish. So, these are more healing, than martial, demos.

The only martial aspect of them is that if someone has enough internal energy to transmit over distances...then they likely have a lot of good peng energy and structure were you to actually physically touch and cross hands with them. So, they can still be an indirect indicator of martial ability.

• Like 2

she didn't attack him. she never even met the guy. her personal experience doesn't meet the criteria we're talking about, no matter how deep you wanna believe the story goes.

personally, i would never have made such a claim! :lol: but seriously, read the post. what i wrote is exactly what he said.

"in this art, if you don't believe in it, it will not work."

"i'm not a martial artist."

"it doesn't work if someone's swinging at you."

"it works with kunlun people. but it may not work with other people. most of the time it doesn't."

you can try to call me a liar if you like, but those are his words. you're welcome to re-interpret them through some cognitive gymnastics that make it more palatable for yourself, but i choose to to examine his words at face-value.

I don't get what you expect Max to do in that situation.

do you really NOT see what you're doing here? my criticism does not flow from the fact that he didn't meet my standard; it flows from the fact the he did not live up to his own claims and the claims of Chris T. so no, there's no sketchiness in the ONE comment you chose to quote while ignoring EVERYTHING ELSE that is BLATANTLY CLEAR. :rolleyes:

Are you upset that Max didn't beat the guy to a pulp with snake bagua in front of his wife and kids in the middle of a lecture on enlightenment?

first, this isn't about what YOU would do; it's about what actually happened. second, he didn't didn't simply say he can't; he said it doesn't actually work that way, that the energy affects students, but doesn't really work on non-students. then he named a number of other masters for whom that was true as well. you're painting a very different picture from what actually took place.

What happened seems to be this. A guy stands up and challenges Max during a mid lecture. Max says a bunch of things so that they wouldn't have to fight. The guy seemed to have made up his mind that he was either going to be hurt or validate in his mind that Max is a fraud. So one way or another the guy leaves. Problem resolved and the seminar can go on without a lawsuit or anyone getting hurt.

he also claimed that he was one of four masters who were allowed to leave the temple every 100 years, and he was the last one still teaching, because he'd made a promise to one of his dying masters. it's all very romantic, but NONE of that is factually true, which is why Sifu Jenny Lamb could not and would not sign off on it.

Sifu Jenny has never said Max is a liar, if she thought that she would say so to make sure people don't fall for his stuff. She just refuses to take part in what he currently teaches or give her name to it. Her personal reasons are likely to her own.

but what i stated above is NOT a misunderstanding on my part.

after my thread in 2007 bitching about the whole thing, i went through some real shifts as a result of Max's transmission. it took a few days to ramp up, and it really penetrated me after about a week. i give thanks for that. and my feeling about Max are not what they were back in 2007. but the factual statements i made back then are still true. and my greatest frustration was that his real gift was beautiful enough, so i didn't understand the need for all the hype and storytelling.

Good. So he did help you. Everyone wins.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

No, Seth is right here. Traditional schools in China were always backed up through force and skill, and like the man said, the ability of a master to respond to a challenger from a different school was the watermark in which the effectiveness and thus the longevity of a school was judged. The only way to test the true power of your system was to try it out against someone else's. Hard to have a school survive when all the students see the master getting his ass whooped and change to a new school. It is considered a matter of pride and dignity for them really. In the old days kung-fu was not just something cool you could learn, it was something on which your very life depended on.

IMO if this Max fellow chooses to demonstrate martial ability and quasi-psychic capabilities so blatantly, then he is to expect this sort of thing and live up to it. It seems that he wants the hype but not the bad strings that go along with such a thing. I wonder what his old master would have thought of this.

Max doesn't live in a temple with a group of students. It would be incredibly stupid to fight random people who come to challenge you at seminars that have nothing to do with martial skills. If some teacher did that an alarm would go off in my head to get the hell out of there. It seems like you aren't even aware of the incident we are talking about.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes