zerostao

What made YOU laugh today/tonight ?

As there's a lot of confusion over the COVID pandemic and community spread The Daobums Health Executive have produced this handy and informative graph:

225654974_3656040531162034_3445992006562416428_n.jpeg.e69280515acd3cdb5a6939d501ce01b5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

.....   so that's where all those rabbit eggs come from  !

how-to-track-the-easter-bunny-1585856297

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Sean McCallif  -local comedian and topical commentator , on his weekly show  ...  the last few weeks it  has  started off  as nearly every other news or topical commentary show does - about  the pandemic and lockdowns .

The show starts , Sean looks very concerned and serious ;

"  Yes, we all know how  annoying it is an how it has taken over all aspects of our lives . It keeps returning and I have to say I am sick of it ! Its actually becoming boring now !  There is so much hype and focus about Australia ..... what about other countries  people think its so important , it rules their lives ! But ... dont get angry , calm down ..... it isnt THAT bad  if you think about it  ..... you can do something , you are not powerless .

Get off your butt and stop  sitting there winging ..... get up and change the channel ..... the Olympics are not on EVERY channel .

• Like 1

Some cats have to  get dressed up in silly clothes ;

file-20200128-81416-1bjupq6.jpg?ixlib=rb

and others don't have to 

190923-cat-pet-stock-cs-1052a.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/29/2021 at 2:24 PM, Nungali said:

.....   so that's where all those rabbit eggs come from  !

how-to-track-the-easter-bunny-1585856297

hmm... not sure that's how it happens.

I'm guessing it's more akin to...

6069f678d5c8b_eastereggsnowyouknow.jpg.98087b057cd7aa49c51a9a1a878e95e2.jpg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Apech said:

Hey I've found the ultimate self-help manual:

230694823_4817772028252185_8282846837029214699_n.jpeg.b44c5533b57dc81c2e6b16cefd5135d6.jpeg

Author name: "The effortlessly annoying cat" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I tried to be less annoying  ..... but it didnt work . 

I went to town , thinking  ' I have been hermiting a lot lately, I should get out and be a bit more social. I saw a guy I know sitting with a woman I wanted to know , so I went over to them , I was heartily greeted and introduced and noticed they had a script. 'Whats that ?"

" Its a play, we are doing a play, you should join in ." Now, I have been in plays and rites with this character before , we used to work close together , but it had been a while . Well, this sounds like fun , okay then .  Then others in the play started to rendezvous there . Some I knew, some I didnt . 

Me; "What's this play then ? "

" Its a Shakespeare play  ' Venus and Adonis . "

" :huh:  I dont recall that one ."   < looks of disdain > , then I am told "Actually, its a poem ."    Me " Ah, no wonder I didnt recognise it as a play ."   < dirty looks >   .... Okay , if I am going to do this I need to wind it in a LOT , I knw people get annoyed by my observations , comments,  sarcasms , etc etc . So this time  I will really try hard not to be an 'arse hole '    :)

But I DO need to know a few preliminaries  :  " Who is the director ? "   < thinking it is my friend as he is taking a lead role in explaining everything , and he answers ; " We are all taking it turn to be the director . "

Ummm , what , how is that going to work , formula for chaos !   I mean, I have done this before with him, in a SERIES of rites , a different director for each one , but not different directors in the one 'play' .  But I kept my  comments to myself and said " Oh ? OK then ."

'Who is playing which roles ?"

" We are going to swap that around too ."

" Oh ?  Okay then . "

The we go to this house to practice , and start script reading , they dont have a sript but are just reading verses of a poem , you know what poems are like, they go on and one about the same theme , a LOT of work is needed to convert one to a play , but I say nothing . Then they skip over one bit because 'this bit will be mimed by puppets . "

Me;  "Puppets ? "

Director who is not the director ; "  Yes, puppets . Although the woman that said she will do the puppet show in this art has not produced any puppets yet . "

Me; " Oh, okay. " ... they go one . Another woman says , "I am doing this bit accompanied by music , and goes and gets everyones favourite instument ; a piano accordian  ;   < bad wheezing chord ' Shakespear Shakespear Shakespear ' , another bad chord , ' Shakespear Shakespear Shakespear ' and so on , then she gets the idea not to play a chord, just the wheeze between lines , like she is taking a breath in to say the line .   I say nothing .

The there is an oration to a horse , they loved horses back then, so it goes on and on  for pages . Young Hipster guy, who had been giving me a dirty look ( but a bit hard to tell as he sorta looked like that all the time  )  says " I am doing this bit ... and ... I  am going to do it sitting on a horse ."

:blink:   Well, I guess I broke my promise to mysef here a bit ... I had to ask  ;  " Do you have a horse ?"

" No  ...... but I am going to do it on a hobby horse  .  "

I wait ... no, its not a joke, he is giving me a stern look , sorta daring me to say anything .  I dont .  Then he  " But I dont have the hobby horse yet ."  So he grabbs a broom and starts 'galloping ' around the lounge room on a broom reciting Shakespear of a script .

No, I am not making this up  ( although when I look back on it I ask myself 'Dd that all really happen ? "  ) Now I am keen to continue as I want to see this 'performance' ; a Shakespear  play poem, accompanied by bad piano accordian, with puppets and a hobbby horse .

Anyway, to shorten the pain (story) , the following fortnight  I am told  (by the nice woman , who  was the one sitting with my friend ) that the venue had changed , there is confusion about some things  (she admitted to me in private she wasnt sure what was going on and they where struggling to find direction ) and errrm ... lets meet at cafe for coffee .  Sure ! :)    but she is uncomfortable , then my friend turns up, he is uncomfortable , then eventually blurts out " I am sorry, but you have been kicked out the play . "  

:D  

He said  the women complained  because  , him; "  ... and I quote them already ;  'We already have enough dicks in this production.'

Hmmmmm ... I wonder what would have happened if I had walked into that forst practice, looked around and said ; " Gosh, there are far too many   vaginas in this room, we need to get rid of some ! "    ?  

I guess I am just too much of a big mouth smart arse  .... I should never have asked someone that declared they are bringing a horse on stage ....... if they had a horse  .   Me and my big mouth  !

I still want to watch this fiasco ... but I doubt it will get to a performance .

• Haha 4

senior-man-happy-playing-riding-his-hors

His ears up-prick’d; his braided hanging mane
     Upon his compass’d crest now stand on end;  
     His nostrils drink the air, and forth again,
     As from a furnace, vapours doth he send:
       His eye, which scornfully glisters like fire,
       Shows his hot courage and his high desire.        

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

That's really cute, Nungers.  I can understand wanting to do it, I just don't understand all those other people who showed up to watch it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, manitou said:

That's really cute, Nungers.  I can understand wanting to do it, I just don't understand all those other people who showed up to watch it.

I can . I would show up to watch you do it      :) 

5 hours ago, manitou said:

Shirley you used your timer for this.

Dont call me Surely ! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT11Cwu2hBYDmBXs9w6LQb

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nungali said:

I can . I would show up to watch you do it      :) 

Too late.  That would have been 65 years ago.  Me and a girl named Melanie used to ride broomsticks for hours and whinny.  We got priiiity priiiity good at the equine utterances.