Non

Disturbing conclusion

My friend tells me that ...

It struck me some while ago that, as much as this community talks about sex, we are generally entirely missing just basic information about normal sex. Totally uninformed in that foundation, we then jump to exotic esoteric sex or pop-pickup theories etc. Seems to me that we ought to have a basic sexual study book in our repetoire.

51VRVYZRMGL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Quote from pg 1 of the book Sex in America:

America has a message about sex, and that message is none too subtle. Anyone who watches a movie, reads a magazine, or turns on the television has seen it. It says that almost everyone but you is having endless, fascinating, varied sex.

But, we have found, the public image of sex in American bears virtually no relationship to the truth. The public image consists of myths, and they are not harmless, for they elicit at best unrealistic and at worst dangerous misconceptions of what people do sexually. The resulting false expectations can badly affect self-esteem, marriages, relationships, even physical health.

This is a book about sex in America, a true story about sex, based on scientifically accurate survey data. It is not an advice manual, nor is it a compendium that feeds out tidbits of sexual trivia. Instead, it is a book that offers the facts about Americans' sexual practices, putting them in a context that helps explain not only what we do but why.

- Trunk

p.s.

The above is not meant to imply that I don't appreciate quotes from such fine works as by Reginald Ray. :)

And honestly to the rest of us, I think we're doing the guy a disservice by indulging this stuff- it validates him in some strange way. Sometimes someone just needs to ramble to an empty room before a useless notion loses its appeal.

I strongly agree. If you research non's posts and topics he's started, it's the same thing over and over with no progress. I think we're just enabling his disturbed notions about the world. Enough already. Time to stop pandering to the guy, he rejects it and it may delay him from getting the real help that he needs. Blessings to him.

I think we shouldn't be so quick in forsaking him into his misery. He may bring up a viewpoint that others may share-- it is hard to be young in the modern world, with so much pressure on sex; the scene has changed in the past 50, even 30, years. But the principle has stayed the same, so we should keep encouraging him to be better.

There is already enough self-help advice in the thread that Non can think about for now.

My friend tells me that all women get off on pain, that a woman does not get off until she feels pain, and that's the difference between guys, and what makes it so hard, and why women always go for the bad guy.

In the end, bad guys win, good guys lose.

They're all masochists, without even being aware of it, which also probably makes them sadists.

This is very very wrong. Women do not get off on pain at all.

The reason women tend to go for the so-called "bad" guy is because women want a protector, a go-get-em-er type guy. They want a guy who is not afraid to fight, who is not afraid to break a few rules to get shit for the home, and so on. This instinct is from the old hunter-gatherer days, when it was common to have to fight to survive (not fight against nature, mind you, but fight against other clans and roving morons, in other words, you had to fight other humans, the brutality did not come from nature but only from the humans themselves and not in all tribes/locales).

The problem is that it's very easy to mistake confidence with aggressive anti-social brutality. Women want a confident strong guy but often they go overboard or their estimator is slightly broken, and instead of just calm confidence they get a wild, loose, uncontrolled guy who then abuses these women and so on. It's easy to confuse controlled calm strength with uncontrolled sociopathic brutality. If women had more brains, and understood themselves a little better, they wouldn't fall into this trap. But women struggle like men with ignorant ideas and bad conditioning.

So in reality women don't want a bad guy. They want a good guy. They just don't want a door mat. But they get confused when they judge the character. They sometimes think a biker guy who beats people up is what it takes not to be a doormat. Or they think if the guy is calm, it must be due to weakness. That's wrong judgment. Bad appraisal skills. Women are not really taught how to appraise true strength, so of course they can easily make a mistake.

Edited by goldisheavy

Another problem, IMO, is that western society and media tends to indoctrinate males into acting like wimps and putting women on a pedestal.

Over the last couple years I realized that some of my own "turn the other cheek", "let bygones be bygones" and "treat others as you want to be treated" way of doing things was really a form of passive aggressive "here I'll be nice, so please like me!". I'm still trying to work it all out of my system. The golden rule can be nice, but if it's taught in the wrong way you pick up one very subtle, and very bad forms of behavior.

Edited by Enishi

what you see in the world is only a reflection of yourself.

Where does that idea come from? I'd really like to know.

Does come from any particular religion? Carl Jung? What?

Another problem, IMO, is that western society and media tends to indoctrinate males into acting like wimps and putting women on a pedestal.

Yes, but the bigger factor here boils down to an elevated M/F ratio in the West due to extended peacetime and large influxes of male immigrant laborers. This is what allows such 1-sided programming to take place.

The gender ratio imbalance here has thus caused male sexual demand for women outstripping supply. Which then gives women high leverage and puts far higher selection pressure on men. As result, even the most repulsive, psychotic female today can get sex and commitment ON DEMAND - while many very decent men cannot.

You can see the opposite scenario in areas with high F/M ratios (war-torn Eastern Bloc countries, Black hoods where many of the men are dead or in prison, etc). So, a lot of this simply has to do with plain mathematics. If you have 10 eligible guys for every 7 eligible girls - the girls are simply going to have the choice regardless of all other factors. And the guys will simply have to really shape up to compete for them, "fair" or not.

Anyhow, since a lot of this is caused by the numbers, women who currently are overvalued shouldn't take too much personal credit for that and men feeling undervalued shouldn't take that too personally either. The playing field simply isn't level, is all. When the table turns again, things will simply reverse.

As far as the good/bad guy paradigm, to solve any paradox you really have to transcend it. IMO, the real key now is not whether the guy is good/bad anymore, but whether he turns her on...or not.

If a guy turns a girl on, then she will no longer care if he's "bad" (or "good").

If a guy doesn't turn a girl on, then she will not care if he's "good" (or "bad").

So, "forget" about being "good" or "bad," you must focus on turning her on.

If you can turn her on, then nothing else will matter...

And getting turned on is all that really matters to most women today.

The Old School Game of being "good" to a woman...and then trying to turn her on - is simply outdated and obsolete now. If she's not turned on, the only thing that being "good" to her will make you...is a good FRIEND. :D Which is OK too...just not if you actually want to ever have sex with her. ;)

Edited by vortex

Yes, but the bigger factor here boils down to an elevated M/F ratio in the West due to extended peacetime and large influxes of male immigrant laborers. This is what allows such 1-sided programming to take place.

The gender ratio imbalance here has thus caused male sexual demand for women outstripping supply. Which then gives women high leverage and puts far higher selection pressure on men. As result, even the most repulsive, psychotic female today can get sex and commitment ON DEMAND - while many very decent men cannot.

You can see the opposite scenario in areas with high F/M ratios (war-torn Eastern Bloc countries, Black hoods where many of the men are dead or in prison, etc). So, a lot of this simply has to do with plain mathematics. If you have 10 eligible guys for every 7 eligible girls - the girls are simply going to have the choice regardless of all other factors. And the guys will simply have to really shape up to compete for them, "fair" or not.

Anyhow, since a lot of this is caused by the numbers, women who currently are overvalued shouldn't take too much personal credit for that and men feeling undervalued shouldn't take that too personally either. The playing field simply isn't level, is all. When the table turns again, things will simply reverse.

As far as the good/bad guy paradigm, to solve any paradox you really have to transcend it. IMO, the real key now is not whether the guy is good/bad anymore, but whether he turns her on...or not.

If a guy turns a girl on, then she will no longer care if he's "bad" (or "good").

If a guy doesn't turn a girl on, then she will not care if he's "good" (or "bad").

So, "forget" about being "good" or "bad," you must focus on turning her on.

If you can turn her on, then nothing else will matter...

And getting turned on is all that really matters to most women today.

The Old School Game of being "good" to a woman...and then trying to turn her on - is simply outdated and obsolete now. If she's not turned on, the only thing that being "good" to her will make you...is a good FRIEND. :D Which is OK too...just not if you actually want to ever have sex with her. ;)

But you MUST be BAD to turn her on. Why? because sexuality is taboo and associated with harshness same as life, and authorities in this society is corrupt, such that rebellion is the only way, but of course people lose the idea and rebel simply to rebel instead of justice.

Edited by Non

But you MUST be BAD to turn her on.

Non, you're obviously not turning any girls on, so why are you claiming knowledge in how to do it?

Having been to a couple of Deida events in the past I would definately disagree. He used to live in Boulder which is not too far from Denver where I live.

David LOVES and ADORES the Divine Feminine in all it's glory and all it's manifestations. I would recommend any of his books.

A couple of years ago I went to a kava kava ceremony he and his group were having. We danced and danced for ourselves and each other and meditated for hours.

I was kinda taken aback when he threw in with the PUA crowd. Still trying to parse that out but his original writings are gold for men and women who want to understand each other based on polarities of energy.

I have a pre publication manual of exercises of his that was never published called, "The Way of the Superior Lover." A lot of stuff was Taoist based like the breathwork and running orbits.

I once saw him teach a young guy, maybe 20, how to be PRESENT with a woman. That is definately an energy skill. I could feel the shift from the back of the room when the guy was able to embody that. Those of us females who could feel energy swooned. Any man who can be consciously present in the face of feminine energy in all it's myriad expressions in the now is a wonderful and sexy magnet for feminine desire. Women CRAVE that in a man and it has not one iota to do with pain.

David's work is not for the shallow, superficial guy looking for a quick fuck. It can be twisted to be used in that way but it would be like eating junk food. You will never be satisfied or nourished by the power, mystery, and love of a good woman until you learn to plum the depths of Consciousness and learn to be fully Present. It's a difficult spiritual practice meant for the mature and good of heart.

Until then a man will only attract those women who can meet him in the depth or in the ankle deep shallows of his spiritual practice.

Some quotes for you:

"The secret to having more beautiful, deeply felt sexual pleasure - and to feeling the trust and enduring support of our loves - is to become more conscious."

Amara Charles

For Her: "The light of your heart's deepest longing, offered through your whole body, is your deepest force of attraction. Your surrender and offering of love's divine light is also the source of your life's art, your devotional gift to all beings, and the only way to live open as your heart's deepest pleasure. Would you rather live any other way?"

David Deida

For Her: "Eventually, you are only willing to settle for a man whose heart-opening guidance you trust *more than yours*. You are only willing to settle for a man to whom you can surrender, knowing that through his sure claim, divine love guides you open more deeply and consistently than you have been able to open yourself."

David Deida

"Man’s basic unhappiness, his perennial restlessness, is because in forgetting how to make love he’s abandoned his original divine authority and lost sexual control of himself. His emotional or psychic degeneracy manifests as sex obsession. All men, without exception, are sex obsessed. This means compulsive sexual fantasising, chronic masturbation (even when living with a partner), sex repression leading to anger and violence, and the universal symptoms of chasing wealth and getting lost in work. Busyness and wealth-gathering compensate for being an inept lover and are cover-ups (in both sexes) for the inability or fear to love."

Barry Long

"In the very throes of orgasm, give and receive love with your partner completely, through your whole body and through your open eyes gazing deeply into your partner's. There is nothing to hide and no need to have a 'private' orgasm behind closed eyes. Occasionally you may want to close your eyes during orgasm, especially if you are just learning to feel the energies flowing in your body. But as a general rule, keep your eyes open during orgasm, deeply but easefully gazing into your partner's eyes."

David Deida

I'm not convinced by those quotes from David Deida. I can still find flaws.

1st quote: just pretty words. is he high on something? But there you have basically subliminally just appealing to emotions, and with 'soothing words' for a woman who's been through victimization. Which supports a brutal reality of sexuality and life.

2nd quote: Basically saying that since Woman cannot trust herself she must only choose the guy who she can trust more than herself, because there's the idea that women can't think for herself, stand up for herself and can't make decisions for herself, and therefore trust herself. The male is always the aggressor, the dominant, the strong one, and that women are the weak, the passive, and the submissive.

Of course this really has nothing to do with yin/yang but the choices of society, and genetics due to the how we came to develop ourselves as a species (which society is very much involved in too). You see some animals are not so black and white as the males being the stronger, the more dominant, etc. In fact they just live as they are. Sometimes roles seem to be reversed. Some people just can't let go of duality, and yes that includes yin and yang concepts, and of chosen gender roles like "men are better smarter and stronger than women" and "men are evil and violent, and agressive while women are the weak, submissive, good, etc"

Again supporting a brutal life and sexual reality, of also, men being stronger and better than women, who are always victims. It might be ok perhaps if it's just in the context of 1 specific situation but if he believes that women are always victims, and that men always have to be brutal and warring and that life is nothing but hardship, and women as victims....

3rd quote: Uh... ok he's telling me to keep my eyes open all the time? What difference does it really make? I think he's just trying to sound pretty with pretty words? yea ok that's good, keep your eyes open and make a connection with your partners eyes, but he's saying that no matter what you want to keep your eyes open? I mean really if I want to I will, if not, I won't. It would have been better to suggest keeping the eyes open to experience certain things, instead of telling me that I must always keep my eyes open "or else..."

And yea it's a nice and pretty idea to 'give oneself' to your partner. But you can't give up everything, including trust.

Edited by Non

But you MUST be BAD to turn her on. Why? because sexuality is taboo and associated with harshness same as life, and authorities in this society is corrupt, such that rebellion is the only way, but of course people lose the idea and rebel simply to rebel instead of justice.
Well, I guess that depends how you define "bad?" How exactly do you? Causing undeserved harm to yourself or others?

I personally don't think the 2 are synonymous. Because, you could be really bad...yet not turn a girl on. And in that case, she will just be disgusted by you. Seriously, try chopping a rabbit's head off in front of some chicks...and then see where that gets you. I'm not saying there couldn't be some overlap here, but ultimately I don't think they are the same thing. I mean, you could also be "good" and turn a girl on as well. Meet some chick at a charity event and that could add to your appeal.

I will say though that one HUGE advantage that "bad" guys have over "good" guys though is that have NO QUALMS feeding women pathological lies just to tell them whatever they want to hear. "Rub my thighs & tell me lies!" Whereas a "good" guy IS going to turn a lot of women off by being very BLUNTLY HONEST. Womanizers and politicians are often both spin-doctoring BS artists - because both their jobs demand it. :lol:

Edited by vortex

Well, I guess that depends how you define "bad?" How exactly do you? Causing undeserved harm to yourself or others?

I personally don't think the 2 are synonymous. Because, you could be really bad...yet not turn a girl on. And in that case, she will just be disgusted by you. Seriously, try chopping a rabbit's head off in front of some chicks...and then see where that gets you. I'm not saying there couldn't be some overlap here, but ultimately I don't think they are the same thing. I mean, you could also be "good" and turn a girl on as well. Meet some chick at a charity event and that could add to your appeal.

ok. well, i guess it depends on the context as well. if it's considered 'cool' and a socially accepted norm, it can be bad as hell, but it will be 'bad-ass'. that's 'bad'.

It also stems from the fact that there;s a lot of ignorance and truth hidden, and that mainstream society views some good things as bad, and some bad things as good. Bad = good, and vice versa.

Control the media, and you control people's minds.

Edited by Non

David Deida lets it rip in Byron Bay, bringing great humor, wisdom, and light to the perennial issues surrounding love, intimacy, sexuality, and spirituality. This 12 part series presents the entirety of the professionally produced video Spirit Sex Love, which offers a lively demonstration of David's teaching methods and an introduction to his teachings on sexuality, spiritual growth, and true intimacy.

Something to consider. Let it sit with you without judgment, critical anaylsis...with a mind of learning and reception not a knee jerk reaction.

Guest paul walter

I'm not convinced by those quotes from David Deida. I can still find flaws.

Non, through all your posting you have systematically proved you know the status quo relating to the male/female (I take it you really mean sexually attractive 'college' type girls) thing in society. You offer exhaustive opinion as to how this and that is impossible, will never happen etc. You carefully leave out your own sexist attitudes and lust for a good fuck (well almost) in most 'discussion' on your posts. If you could start from the premise that your lust/sexual repression is affecting you terribly and that given the chance you would gladly screw every girl you could that would be the beginning of a discussion that could perhaps lead you out of your impass. It would at least expose your hypocrisy in being holier than thou and pretending the purity of the eternal feminine is the only thing you wish to get off on. I imagine somewhere on some feminist/agony aunt forum there is some girl saying the same things about men you are saying about girls.

Also, the simple point is if females (all of them!) are so what you say they are, that men are so this and that, that society is based on dynamics like this and the space lizards are controlling us, then I suggest leaving the world of men and women and living up to your insights. I have, you can too. Might hurt less than continually trying to plug a round hole with a square peg (pardon pun). There are mountains waiting with your name on it. Trust me being a monk might be better than being in the middle of all the temptation and 'failing'-at least your nervous system might get a rest (no dope, no porn...). Give up while you can (if you do I can assure you very strange things will happen in your life-like meeting and talking to those female things). Your nervous system/brain won't take much more and you may get near the tip-over point if you go any further. How's the therapy, still happening? Best, Paul.

Non, through all your posting you have systematically proved you know the status quo relating to the male/female (I take it you really mean sexually attractive 'college' type girls) thing in society. You offer exhaustive opinion as to how this and that is impossible, will never happen etc. You carefully leave out your own sexist attitudes and lust for a good fuck (well almost) in most 'discussion' on your posts. If you could start from the premise that your lust/sexual repression is affecting you terribly and that given the chance you would gladly screw every girl you could that would be the beginning of a discussion that could perhaps lead you out of your impass. It would at least expose your hypocrisy in being holier than thou and pretending the purity of the eternal feminine is the only thing you wish to get off on. I imagine somewhere on some feminist/agony aunt forum there is some girl saying the same things about men you are saying about girls.

Also, the simple point is if females (all of them!) are so what you say they are, that men are so this and that, that society is based on dynamics like this and the space lizards are controlling us, then I suggest leaving the world of men and women and living up to your insights. I have, you can too. Might hurt less than continually trying to plug a round hole with a square peg (pardon pun). There are mountains waiting with your name on it. Trust me being a monk might be better than being in the middle of all the temptation and 'failing'-at least your nervous system might get a rest (no dope, no porn...). Give up while you can (if you do I can assure you very strange things will happen in your life-like meeting and talking to those female things). Your nervous system/brain won't take much more and you may get near the tip-over point if you go any further. How's the therapy, still happening? Best, Paul.

oh yea, the therapy thing. I did try but the one I went to was a social anxiety type program but the therapists decided that I needed a more general psychological program because my case is too complex. So when I get to that I'll see about it. Though I'm still hoping that I can either just commit suicide one day or just live without having to spend such a hefty amount of money on "western psychology." Alternative therapy is also quite expensive too, and who knows if they'll actually work. And well I haven't really searched again as of late.

and yea the whole female thing has basically messed me up so bad. Hell I can't even MAKE FRIENDS with any female, or haven't been able to, and it's been very hard and can be very hard. Extremely so, more than anyone else. That alone is enough to make me just give up. Maybe if I at least had some friends, but yea.

And I'll try doing the volunteer thing again, but man time's running short and I just feel like giving up. I'm really even too unhealthy to even begin doing much for myself, let alone feel up to it.

Whatever, when I get to it, have time or am desperate enough and can't see any other way out.

That woman thing is just so crippling I dont even think I can or am able to change. I'm just so unhealthy and unable to change myself. It's nature saying I am inherently no good at anything, it's God, and heaven telling me I am no good at anything. Look at my history, I can't change such a TORTUROUS past, that even a good future can't make up for it. It is so belittling.

I am up to a point that this means I am no good for this world. I can't be, Im not mentally stable enough and even if I tried, I just couldn't because to even get there I need a degree of mental stability, which I don't have in the first place. I can't help anyone else if I can't even help myself. So yea, BLA BLA BLAH, hopeless and helpless. And nothing could change this. unless it's losing my virginity?

Edited by Non

Guest paul walter

Whatever, when I get to it, have time or am desperate enough and can't see any other way out.

Good attitude :lol: . Anyway if you ever get to the stage where you want to stop suffering quite so much I can help with a quick, cheap, foolproof, lazy man's way to help overcome trauma and stress and to help make your life bearable-if that's what you want. Just PM me if you think you could make a decision to commit to the above. Paul.

PS Wouldn't be too sure about doing the suicide thing cos of karma/rebirth issues. You might want to stick around and work them out in case you get it worse next time.

Davids books, Way of the Superior man and Dear Lover are excellent reads, another really good one is Instant Enlightenment That's a goggle books link so you can take up the chalange to "pick a chapter, any chapter and begin now." :D

Like Trunk mentioned not only do we love to jump to the weird esoteric aspects of sex, we also like to forget about Love.

Davids books, Way of the Superior man and Dear Lover are excellent reads, another really good one is Instant Enlightenment That's a goggle books link so you can take up the chalange to "pick a chapter, any chapter and begin now." :D

Like Trunk mentioned not only do we love to jump to the weird esoteric aspects of sex, we also like to forget about Love.

Yea he talks to things like love.

But he still has that harsh 'bad' and 'wanton' polygamous or whatever promiscuous macho lustful unrefined and crude attitude here and there, that I just don't really agree with. And you'll find a lot of that in recent modern western influenced spirituality and new-agey material having been infiltrated.

I guess Im just a different kind of guy. I have trouble relating with people because for one I'm just very different. It's kinda hard being a young adult, especially when I was in high school and into all the wacked out new-agey/spiritual/subquantum ether new physics new biology stuff and "alternative thought." Now Im 23 and I still have found it hard to fit in, being that also I'm not into the sort of harsh reality and "unnatural" social activities most of the college students these days are into.

And a lot of poeple here are just into HARDCORE MACHO SADOMASOCHIST BRUTALITY POLYWHATEVER IMPURE FUCKFESTS WHERE EVERYONE CHEATS AND THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS SERIOUS RELATIONS AND SEEKING ADRENALINE PAIN AND EXCESSIVE DOPAMINE junkie stufforwhatever

or into the bohemian scene-kid, or douchebag kind of things and being a jerk and stuff.

bleh.

but of course I'm just the only most crazy lunatic in the entire cosmos. worse than f-in george bush or any other pedophile that actually gets women being thrown at them, but if I try extremely hard i only propel them at warp speed away from me.

Edited by Non

It's kinda hard being a young adult

I'd say it's bloody difficult just being human, so don't feel alone in that. Everyone is crazy in their own way and just trying to find their way. It's not easy to get there, unless you are Chang Tzu :lol:

No drives, no compulsions,

No needs, no attractions:

Then your affairs

Are under control

You are a free man.

Easy is right. Begin right

And you are easy

Continue easy and you are right.

The right way to go easy

Is to forget the right way

And forget that the going is easy.

I'd say it's bloody difficult just being human, so don't feel alone in that. Everyone is crazy in their own way and just trying to find their way. It's not easy to get there, unless you are Chang Tzu :lol:

Really well said.. I've been seeing it the same way lately

And Non, have you tried maybe going to a town event? yoga class? I say yoga class cause you'll know theres atleast a bridge you can work with. Also keep in mind getting to know people can be alot easier when your not trying.

Non, do you honestly believe that a woman (or anybody for that matter) would actually enjoy being with somebody who made them suffer or caused them pain? Unless you are talking about somebody who is disturbed here, in which case I don't know why you would want to be with that person anyway, people in general want to be around somebody who makes them feel GOOD. Who makes them feel happy and confident about his or her self. That's what most people want. Think about it, do you enjoy being around people who cause you pain? Probably not...but hey who knows. Like some other people have been saying here, the reason girls like to be around these jerks or assholes sometimes is because at least these guys have some sort of spine. Some sort of confidence. And that is better than a "nice guy" people pleaser with absolutely no backbone. It's like choosing between the lesser of two evils. They don't go for jerks because of the pain these guys cause or because of their jerkish or asshole like behavior itself. It's about the confidence. Now of course you can be a good person and not be a people pleaser. You can follow the golden rule and still not be a people pleaser. You can be a good guy and still stand up for yourself and have a spine. That is the guy that a woman really wants. Hell, it is the kind of person that anyone, man or woman, would like to be in a relationship with or be around.

Edited by thuscomeone

Now Im 23...

If you were born in 1986 that explains everything. Fire tiger. Well nothing better than Vipassana for you to cool your fire down and open a path that you'll fully enjoy. That's my recommendation for you.

Good luck.

If you were born in 1986 that explains everything. Fire tiger. Well nothing better than Vipassana for you to cool your fire down and open a path that you'll fully enjoy. That's my recommendation for you.

Good luck.

Cool! Is it that simple to say the year and get a recommendation on path? I'm always a curious one when it comes to signposts. I'm also tempted by the complex;-) Do you do consultations on 5 pillars? I was thinking of asking Taomeow too.

However, if my goal is to escape these definitions - does it help to know anything? Or better help just to change?

Confused :blink:

With thanks!