Sign in to follow this  
Biff

Is Master Chunyi Lin going bald?

Chunyi Lin says if you want to find out if someone is a real master just see how long they can sit in full-lotus.

I've been meaning to ask you... Does this idea work both ways? If somebody is able to sit in full-lotus for four hours, does that necessarily imply the person is a master?

I've done it for an hour, and it hurt like nobody's business; but I'm not a fourth of a master yet to be quite sure.

Side Note: I do feel a lot more in my legs now than I did before. It's like by closing them up so tight for so long the blood (+Qi) had to find the natural routes to give my legs as much as possible.

Edited by Capital

Qigong is a poor 5 alpha reductase inhibitor for most. Certainly less than, say, green tea. And, of course less than finasteride, which is not as effective as dutasteride. Also, to my knowledge, SFQ does not involve any hair qigong methods of cultivation (which do exist). But this isn't really what you are interested in Biff. Is it? You are a very sensible person. I respect that. Just remember, love-intelligence has a different dimension of knowing (far richer).

Logic remains on the surface, intuition penetrates to the core. Sound familiar?

Chunyi Lin tells this funny story about how this rich important man was super depressed and none of the doctors could cure him. So they brought in a qigong master. "Oh looks like you are having a problem with your menstruation." said the qigong master very calmly. The rich man go so mad that his depression vanished and he was forever healed.

Good story. I knew a traveling Qigong master who was asked to see a local man in dire straits--dangerously, hysterically happy. Treatment? While the patient was laughing, the master snuck up behind, and just smacked him silly!

He had lots of great stories like this. When seeing patients in his local office, he would sometimes drag out his laptop and play the mp3 love theme from Titanic while staring at them from across the room.

Oh, BTW - Drew,

About a decade ago I did a bit of training in Qinway Qigong. We would do modified Bigu on an apple a day and Yin-Yang Tea. I only lasted about a month at the time due to intense work schedule (seeing 50 patients a day), but some fellow students lasted 6 months plus. I have never recommended that course to anyone, but you would find immense value in it.

In TCM, hair quality is derived from multiple factors. Jing derived from genetics. Gu qi derived from food. The amount of oxygenated and iron rich blood (Zhong qi). Kidney vitality which is a direct result of storing sexual energies or depleting them rapidly. And healthy marrow production.

If he is someone who eats very little, the amount of gu qi will not be as strong. If he eats vegetarian, the amount of red blood cells will be decreased. If he worked his ass of in his youth, he could have depleted jing early on. His family could have poor jing retention or weak genetics. Often "healers" find their path in life because they were given a poor lot off the bat and had to look long and hard to find the means to make themselves stronger...

To increase the "yang" vibrational level, sometimes you have to deplete the "yin" or corporal structures.

There is always a toll to whatever actions we take. Perhaps he was a horrible bastard in his last life and now he has to work his ass off to repay some of the karma? If you buy into karma....

If you take the evolutionary stance, we came from some sort of primate genetic template. They are extremely covered in hair, in case you don't have observational skills. If we are "evolving" through the use of cultivation techniques, doesn't that mean that the higher we humanize our DNA that we should actually become less hairy?

I don't think a thick head of hair is a direct reflection of a persons ability as a teacher, medical practitioner, martial artist or qi gong facilitator. IME, its actually the opposite.

:)

• Like 1

It's a good question. I recommend reading "Opening the Dragon Gate" on Wang, Liping. He starts his training by being put into full-lotus position by his masters. I think at first it's an hour -- he's young so he's more flexible. Then it's a couple hours. Then he had to do four hours -- and they TIE him into the full-lotus position for 4 hours. This is like a post-death experience!! After this he is tested by being able to sense movement on the water in front of him -- even though his vision is blocked. So his third eye is already opened up -- but, of course, his teachers were transmitting energy to him.

It depends on how you sit in full-lotus as well. You can sit with the feet not fully on the thighs -- the ankles should be up on the thighs for it to be real full-lotus. And then even more preferable is for the bottom of the feet to be turned facing upwards.

But even still if you are in pain, etc. then it's not meditation. Real meditation means your body is relaxed and you are not moving. In fact at this point the body should be FULL OF ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS -- the center of the hands and feet pulse with chi energy -- and top of the head also pulses with chi energy. And then you do not feel your body anymore -- because it's so full of electromagnetic energy -- and it's just like deep sleep only you maintain consciousness and everything turns to light. And then your third eye opens up.

That's just the beginning of REAL MEDITATION. I reached it only once! For me to reach that I relied on the "small universe" practice -- but you want a good space where you can RELAX -- because the goal is alchemical creation of electromagnetic fields. Then you can sit in full-lotus longer and be relaxed. It's called "nirvikalpa samadhi" or the Emptiness in Taoism.

I remember when Jim Nance said he had reached the Emptiness only 3 times. He was not yet a qigong master. But for him to train to be a qigong master Chunyi Lin said that Jim Nance had to sit in full-lotus two hours straight -- no break -- every night for 3 months straight -- and Jim Nance could not miss one night of practice. Now that was just his beginning training -- just to reach nirvikalpa samadhi and Jim Nance was also getting the energy transmissions from Chunyi Lin. So when I reached the point of nirvikalpa samadhi the paranormal abilities were too strong and people around me were freaking out and I couldn't control my energy -- it was too dangerous -- and so I stopped practicing and my channels closed up.

If I have a steady supply of jing energy then I can sit in full-lotus for several hours nonstop -- but the energy transmissions (jing going in and chi going out) quickly become too intense -- too deep a level of trance -- to do in public. That's why TANTRA is considered the fastest path because females NATURAL SUBLIMATE THEIR ENERGY and can have MULTIPLE CLIMAXES -- so you easily can increase the cycle of energy exchange. A typical male will not be able to do that. With each cycle the jing energy is converted more and more to chi and then to shen energy. But this is why it is said that finding a real tantra partner is rare -- although both Chunyi Lin and Wang Liping are married and sit in full-lotus 4 hours every night -- but they did their initial training away from females.

I've been meaning to ask you... Does this idea work both ways? If somebody is able to sit in full-lotus for four hours, does that necessarily imply the person is a master?

Yeah sounds awesome. I read her website and she says that Americans eat too much chicken. Since her third eye is open she actually sees chickens around people who eat too much. haha.

Oh, BTW - Drew,

About a decade ago I did a bit of training in Qinway Qigong. We would do modified Bigu on an apple a day and Yin-Yang Tea. I only lasted about a month at the time due to intense work schedule (seeing 50 patients a day), but some fellow students lasted 6 months plus. I have never recommended that course to anyone, but you would find immense value in it.

• Like 1

More on hairy weird animal stuff.

Just for a minute there at the beginning I thought he said 'on the crack'. His beard put me right off...

Interestingly some say that castrated men never loose their hair. Not sure if that is ultimate retention but I do wonder why....

http://ezinearticles.com/?Hair-Loss-Preven...ld?&id=7520

So I'm sure the method this police chief uses to keep his men in check has them a full head of hair until death!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2lLpupaT_I

parishilton.jpg

Would you let her SUCK YOU OFF Drew? bet she got some Jing in her thing....

Edited by Biff

So I wonder, is this balding a result of energy imbalance? Or is that not even to be considered?

It should be considered, but genes must also be considered as others have said.

Taoist practices should make us more youthful...but that is rarely the case, due to everyone not practicing in the right way.

So, THIS is how TTB is gonna look? Wow. It looks so, strange...then again, I took my ambien, and should be in bed asleep. How bizzarre.

My only hope is that they (they? WHO are THEY?) don't replace all the great Bums here with Tao Bums Bots, just posting crap, and crap, and more crap.

We've gotta have the real Tao Bums, not Tao Bots, posting the same damn stuff in every thread.

We need something original!!! And, .....uh--Master Chunyi Lin needs his hair back!!!!

HAhahahahahaha!!!

you know, the field mouse is swift, but the owl flies at nite!

Full-lotus always cures my insomnia -- whenever my brain is racing -- just go into full-lotus and.... the magic kingdom appears.

So, THIS is how TTB is gonna look? Wow. It looks so, strange...then again, I took my ambien, and should be in bed asleep. How bizzarre.

My only hope is that they (they? WHO are THEY?) don't replace all the great Bums here with Tao Bums Bots, just posting crap, and crap, and more crap.

We've gotta have the real Tao Bums, not Tao Bots, posting the same damn stuff in every thread.

We need something original!!! And, .....uh--Master Chunyi Lin needs his hair back!!!!

HAhahahahahaha!!!

you know, the field mouse is swift, but the owl flies at nite!

Just for a minute there at the beginning I thought he said 'on the crack'. His beard put me right off...

Interestingly some say that castrated men never loose their hair. Not sure if that is ultimate retention but I do wonder why....

http://ezinearticles.com/?Hair-Loss-Preven...ld?&id=7520

So I'm sure the method this police chief uses to keep his men in check has them a full head of hair until death!

parishilton.jpg

Would you let her SUCK YOU OFF Drew? bet she got some Jing in her thing....

What happened to YT embedded video :-( What's the code on the new forum?

I don't think a thick head of hair is a direct reflection of a persons ability as a teacher, medical practitioner, martial artist or qi gong facilitator. IME, its actually the opposite.

PS: Biff, on winpro's note. I have come across more often as an explanation than anything else, that these masters die young because of the extensive healing they do which requires them to receive a lot of the negative energy.

...Just remember, love-intelligence has a different dimension of knowing (far richer).

Logic remains on the surface, intuition penetrates to the core. Sound familiar?

Yes Yes and Yes

:) :) :)

There can be a multitude of reasons for hair loss. Steriod use, stress etc. Having read accounts in various literature and personal testimony of people 'reversing' grey hair I wonder if the same had been done for balding. I would assume the TCM approach would be balanced Qi Gong and or various herbs.

I have read many times that Master Chunyi Lin from www.springforestqigong.com is very high level (having learned from Dr Yan Xin and his teacher) and has even gone without food and water in a prolonged state of Bigu. Even that he has levitated and is the same level as other Taoists like Pak John of Mo Pai and Wang Liping of the Dragon gate Sect - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Gate_Taoism.

Generally speaking TCM assumes that hair loss is a result of too much yang/heat or a kidney deficiency. The approach to resolve this problem is then addressed by attempting to re-balance yin and yang in the body. One would probably make the assumption that a high level Qi Gong or Nei Gong practitioner would have perfect balance of these energies or even have merged them and have them in complete control. So I guess Master Chunyi Lin has a bald issue for some other reason.

Chunyi_Masked_E3_200.jpg

Is that a little baldness there? I could be wrong. Does it even matter? To the newbie there has to be a little discernment. It seems most people here judge a method by how quickly it works or how powerful it feels. I can eat a box full of donuts that taste real good, give me instant energy and fill me up. But are they good for me? I go to and get advice on nutrition but whom do I choose? everyone has all these 'certifications' and so many say I can get ripped in 4 weeks. I guess in starting I would probably not take nutritional advice from a fat whale with a prolapse.

So I wonder, is this balding a result of energy imbalance? Or is that not even to be considered?

Biff you say that Chunyi Lin is at the same level as John Chang, has he conjoined the yin and yang energies together ?.

sabretooth.

Edited by sabretooth

Chunyi Lin did the 49 day cave meditation in full-lotus nonstop taking no food, no water and no sleep. http://springforestqigong.com is his website. He works with the Mayo Clinic, the top hospital in the world. There's a list of video testimonials of people he had healed of serious diseases on his website.

Biff you say that Chunyi Lin is at the same level as John Chang, has he conjoined the yin and yang energies together ?.

sabretooth.

sabretooth.

I have no idea if he is at the same level. I was merely stating that my perception is, Drew had indicated such. I could be wrong and Drew might not have been saying that at all. The two schools are totally different but merging of Yin and Yang is plain alchemy and can be achieved with stillness. It's the beginning of the real process really. No special method required. You would need to reserve Jing because we are reversing evolution inwards now. When I say Jing, I'm not talking about man beans either because that is not Jing. It has Jing but it isn't Jing. That's why I say retention is bullshit because most people who go on about it have no idea what they are talking about and even worse, no idea why they are doing it.

Anyway.... I'm assuming your really referring to the Ying Yang gong demo. You don't need 'level 4' Mo Pai. The strong and the weak force combined make qi and if it does not have any attributes then you have what feels like electricity. Stillness alone can give you this ability if you create the right condition in the body. If your teacher is worth his/her salt, they can make you feel any stage in the body. It's the old way of teaching, specifically with Nei Dan methods. Teacher shows you the technique and then sends their energy to show you what it should feel like in the body. It's great. I'm not talking lineage transmission here BTW.

There are many types of energy you can transmit not just the electrical. If you get hit with fire and you feel it burning inside haha. I have been hit with just too much energy, I collapsed and convulsed (it was corrected :-)) that was some time ago now. On the Ying Yang gong etc I have seen more then one 'cutting the the karmic strands' route so it's not unique to Mo Pai. There is a Buddhist method that moves the Dantien up and fuses it with the heart rather then sending it down. Well... engough talking crap....

I find Master Chunyi Lin interesting... that's why I asked.

Chunyi Lin did the 49 day cave meditation in full-lotus nonstop taking no food, no water and no sleep. http://springforestqigong.com is his website. He works with the Mayo Clinic, the top hospital in the world. There's a list of video testimonials of people he had healed of serious diseases on his website.

I am not doughting him being at a high level of energy developement,my question was has he conjoined the yin and yang energies together.

Is that something he teaches?.

sabretooth.

Well Chunyi Lin says that with reverse breathing the yang of the upper body is able to join with the yin of the lower body. So he teaches that. As for any higher level alchemical terms -- he's quoted out of the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" trans. by Charles Luk -- the very end of the book. I had brought the book to class but it was in my backpack and I never took it out. Chunyi Lin then said he had recently experienced a very high level of meditation where everything looked like white snow -- like on the t.v. I think -- anyway the exact wording he used was exactly the same as is stated at the very end of Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality -- right before the new yang physical body is created. I asked Chunyi Lin if he had created another yang physical body and he said that when he was inside meditating later people told him they saw him physically outside. Chunyi Lin said he knows masters in the mountains who have the golden aura to create the yang physical body.

I am not doughting him being at a high level of energy developement,my question was has he conjoined the yin and yang energies together.

Is that something he teaches?.

sabretooth.

Wow.

After reading these posts I never realized that Lao Tzu and Bodhidharma were such low-level practitioners.

laotzu.jpg

Lao_Tzu.jpg

031031LaoTzu.jpg

bodhidharma.jpg

bodhidrma3.jpg

img_bodhidharma.jpg

sabretooth.

I don't mean to be "That guy" that starts the never ending conversation but.. Just because you pass the level you conjoin both energies it doesn't make you stronger then any qi gong practicioner out there.

I don't mean to be "That guy" that starts the never ending conversation but.. Just because you pass the level you conjoin both energies it doesn't make you stronger then any qi gong practicioner out there.

Well than...please explain your logic, because I've read posts before where you wrote there are qi-gung masters as powerful as Chang! I think a lot of respect goes out to those who have united the yin/yang gong because of the objective element involved. They can demo there skills anytime,as opposed to healing which is much more subjective. Yet what is greater than allieviating pain and misery?

Well than...please explain your logic, because I've read posts before where you wrote there are qi-gung masters as powerful as Chang! I think a lot of respect goes out to those who have united the yin/yang gong because of the objective element involved. They can demo there skills anytime,as opposed to healing which is much more subjective. Yet what is greater than allieviating pain and misery?

Ofcourse respect is do to that accomplishment.. But surely your not implying that 50 or so years of qi gong (whatever Qi gong they might've practiced) is just and only subjective.. Right? Plus even if I wanted to I won't display my source for that info.. I mean hell you can find it in kosta's jazzed up books.

Plus John is higher then level 4.. So is it so beyond logic to say there are qi gong "Masters" stronger then level 4? Level 4 is unique.. But I would'nt say its stronger then an entire system just because of that.

Nice chatting.

Sign in to follow this