voidisyinyang

Being Banned from Taobums

I've been away, but :lol::lol::lol:

Ahhh well be back later when you're all a little more spiritually evolved and small matters can be dealt with little to no drama :rolleyes:

In your face marketing, covert marketing, subtle marketing, whatever marketing... If what is being sold is good it shouldn't be a problem. Just some things to consider:

Critics:

-If the marketing isn't aimed at you or the same person over and over then there isn't any reason to call foul, you just happen o see it a lot and theres nothing wrong with that.

-People who don't know about it might want to know about it and might even benefit.

Supporters:

-If the person who has been told about the product or service has in no way shown he or she is interested in such things, then maybe it shouldn't be advertised to them. It's like telemarketing, they just pull some product or deal out of nowhere and offer it to you, and if you're not interested it will just be an annoyance.

False advertising is the real enemy, anyone here advertise falsely? :ph34r:

On another note: Thanks for all who have said something with the tao bum pai by the way, things have just changed a little, have to direct my energy elsewhere for the moment. sorry :( I had some cool ideas to make a site with cool animations too...

ANYWAY! LOVE AND PEACE

LIVE AND LET LIVE

etc... etc....

Well I just turned 39 years old! haha.

Thanks for all your contributions taobum posters.

You all rock.

http://conscious.tv/consciousness.html?bcp...tid=42663393001

Let's not be "Left in the Dark."

Happy Birthday Drew :lol:

I recommend you only put out SFQ links when someone asks for a practice method link, healing links etc.

Once in a while you tend to let one out accidentally :P without anyone asking for it and i can see how it might appear as spam to the moderators. On the other hand the mere fact that you can put the same link in your post every time as a signature regardless of whether it is solicited or not is somewhat contradictory.

I feel you mean no harm and do it solely because you want others to experience the things you have through master Chunyi Lin. Obviously what better a recommend to them, than that of which you are personally sure of!

I find your posts very informative and hope you are around. I would hate to see you leave.

You are one of the several names i immediately associate with Tao Bums and think you are very much a part of the community : )

Take note for the best :)

PS: The Gurdjieff portion of your book was gold for me! Appreciated.

Edited by effilang

Thanks for the great feedback on my book! haha.

Yeah I've got my cooking time set now as per the below video -- it is a bit paradoxical but this is definitely the secret missing key:

Happy Birthday Drew :lol:

I recommend you only put out SFQ links when someone asks for a practice method link, healing links etc.

Once in a while you tend to let one out accidentally :P without anyone asking for it and i can see how it might appear as spam to the moderators. On the other hand the mere fact that you can put the same link in your post every time as a signature regardless of whether it is solicited or not is somewhat contradictory.

I feel you mean no harm and do it solely because you want others to experience the things you have through master Chunyi Lin. Obviously what better a recommend to them, than that of which you are personally sure of!

I find your posts very informative and hope you are around. I would hate to see you leave.

You are one of the several names i immediately associate with Tao Bums and think you are very much a part of the community : )

Take note for the best :)

PS: The Gurdjieff portion of your book was gold for me! Appreciated.

Well I just turned 39 years old! haha.

Thanks for all your contributions taobum posters.

You all rock.

http://conscious.tv/consciousness.html?bcp...tid=42663393001

Let's not be "Left in the Dark."

happy birthday Drew :)

quite an interesting vid.. watching now. maybe u can start a new thread about it? i think others will find it interesting

Edited by mikaelz

Hello Stigweard,

It is my belief you did not really mean to bring in that example of the Chinese taxi driver accosting newly-arrived passengers. We know you were in China recently, and perhaps the memory is still pleasantly fresh in your mind.

On the off chance that a Chinese Taoist taxi driver were to browse this site, he may find that remark quite off-putting, even offensive. If my dad was a taxi driver, i would certainly raise an eyebrow reading that. With due respect, i hope you realize what i am trying to say.

Peaceful regards.

I gotta say the taxi drivers outside the train stations in China are a pain in the ass, the reason they wait there is so they can take you on an expensive magical mystery tour of the city because you're from out of town and(they hope)you don't know any better. Whenever I exit the station I go straight across the road and get one passing. Actually they can be exceptionally rude Cowtao, grabbing you and telling you there are no buses running and so on. Everyone in China agrees they are a pain in the ass except them and people with really heavy bags. The other taxi drivers are mostly all right though. 'Big up yourselves' decent taxi drivers! :D

By the way Mal whatever happened to Findley? I'm still jealous he got sent on a 'holiday' as you put it, why is it all the naughty kids at school get to go on the best school trips. He's sunning himself somewhere nice and possibly tropical...... while I'm freezing my ass off, the lucky bas***d!!! I bet he got a real nice 'packed lunch' too... there's no justice in the world :(

edit/ps: In one years time Drew you'll be able to post on the 'over forties' thread, there's a bonus if ever there was one! Happy birthday!

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

I see nothing more than a failure by the moderators to set clear, consistent and prominent guidelines for the members to follow. And at this point, to do anything other than fix those guidelines would be an inappropriate response.

Let's not start "counting pieces of flair" here, mmkay?

-bXHPqj3NcI

Edited by Martial Development

By the way Mal whatever happened to Findley? I'm still jealous he got sent on a 'holiday' as you put it, why is it all the naughty kids at school get to go on the best school trips. He's sunning himself somewhere nice and possibly tropical...... while I'm freezing my ass off, the lucky bas***d!!! I bet he got a real nice 'packed lunch' too... there's no justice in the world :(

Findley, bening the only person I have had to ban, is away till the 22/02/2010. I actually sent him an email asking if he would like to come back for new year but no response. Hopefully he is somewhere nice.

Yes happy birthday Drew, sorry about the present :unsure:

I see nothing more than a failure by the moderators to set clear, consistent and prominent guidelines for the members to follow. And at this point, to do anything other than fix those guidelines would be an inappropriate response.

Next time I'm polishing my crystal ball I'll ask it to give me clear consistent guidelines for everything that could possible happen here.

Try adding something useful to this http://www.thetaobums.com/Moderation-Guidelines-t11707.html if you really want to help <_<

Let's not start "counting pieces of flair" here, mmkay?

Next time I'm polishing my crystal ball I'll ask it to give me clear consistent guidelines for everything that could possible happen here.

Try adding something useful to this http://www.thetaobums.com/Moderation-Guidelines-t11707.html if you really want to help <_<

@Martial Development ... My good fellow we are servants here doing the best we can. If you bothered to check out http://www.thetaobums.com/Moderation-Guidelines-t11707.html you would see that we have developed some damn good guidelines to work by. But here is our challenge: As part of our assuming our roles as moderators, we have promised to all the members to be as light-handed and invisible as we can (obviously that is currently not the case <_< ).

In an ideal world (and admittedly I am a bit of an idealist) the folks of this forum should be self-regulated and there would be no need for us at all (wouldn't that be nice). So here is a challenge for you:

Instead of a whole bunch of prominent rules shoved in people's faces, what initiatives could we enact for TaoBums that would foster and promote each members ability to become more self-regulated (i.e. their ability to moderate their own behavior) in their contributions to this forum??

I think if Drew is stuck on an auto - repeat with no particular concern as to whom he is dealing with, it's perfectly fine to take the needle off the record. He gets a bit auto sometimes.

"Drew, it's not ok to go auto all over us."

Really, what's wrong with saying that?

Sense of propriety, elbows off the table, sometimes, dudes.

Stig, Mal and Trunk,

You guys are doing great! Thank you for your dedicated service to the Bum's. I guess every now and again we all need to rant and get some stuff off our chests and bring it out in the open. It's a good thing even though it causes some anxiety and a bit of heartburn.

I moderate a figure drawing session with artists, nude models, lighting and all sorts of stuff to make life interesting. Just last week I finally had to sit down and write some rules and get some order back. Almost every person in the group made a point to thank me, even the ones who were causing some of the trouble.

I have walked a mile in your shoes and just want you to know that your efforts to make TTBs a fascinating, informative community on the web are noticed and appreciated. :)

Findley, bening the only person I have had to ban, is away till the 22/02/2010. I actually sent him an email asking if he would like to come back for new year but no response. Hopefully he is somewhere nice.

The only person you banned!! Well now that just tops it! Not only does he get a nice holiday but he also gets a cult status as the only person you've ever banned!! Man.....this is so unfair.... :(

Unhappy.

I like drew's posts, even the ones that could qualify as spam, and i think he's innocent in his intentions, and he will never change, he's not the kind of guy that you tell what to do, maybe adjust a bit, but not change, i like that, also the tone and energy of his postings never struck me as negative or temperamental, there are many others that deserve warnings for the kind of energy they bring on the forum, which is now more relevant, to me drew is a nice guy that has offered more than many people put together on this forum, so he has his things he likes to do often, that's part of his persona, and he's the least re-action-ist guy that i saw around, actually i learned quite alot, even thou at first he struck me as overly mental, his sincere effort and curiosity makes him one of my favourite posters here...................................................................................

:D

I stand by my statement, that you can't make a fair rule against spam without providing a definition. To call something "spam" in 2010, is merely to say you don't like it.

Yo,

BuyMyProduct.com

Yo,

BuyMyProduct.com

Yo,

BuyMyProduct.com

Yo,

BuyMyProduct.com

Yo,

BuyMyProduct.com

Yo,

BuyMyProduct.com

Yo,

BuyMyProduct.com

Yo,

BuyMyProduct.com

Yo,

BuyMyProduct.com

Yo,

BuyMyProduct.com

Doing that in the Lobby in every thread on this public forum is spam.

That's the real issue here - the lobby posting of above style product pitches, which he was starting to do.

If he can do it, anyone can do it, and it will make this site look like a dead site that has been taken over by spammers.

So I believe that's the only issue here, and my vote is: no spam - unsolicited (not the topic), content-empty, repetitive, product pitches - in the lobby. Maybe Drew would agree.

Edited by Tao99

The only person you banned!! Well now that just tops it! Not only does he get a nice holiday but he also gets a cult status as the only person you've ever banned!! Man.....this is so unfair.... :(

Unhappy.

Findlay's been banned! Why?

I don't see that Drew's that far out of line really. He was probably in full lotus and giving people orgasms at the time and therefore not responsible for his own actions. Its annoying when people try to spam but its really obvious as well. Caveat emptor and all that.

Findlay's been banned! Why?

Oh Apepch7 do pay attention in class! This was a long time ago..... he said lots and lots of 'F' words.....he was told to stand in the corner awhile and behav' but he couldn't contain himself any longer :D

And now he's like Ferris Bueller in 'Ferris Buellers day off', only he gets a lot more time off.

Anyway this morning I tried out those LUCIDITY techniques -- I didn't have the "cook timer" which you're supposed to sleep with in one hand. That's a little too weird.

But I focused on staying aware while my body fell asleep -- feeling for the "lead curtain" to cover my body as sleep paralysis set in.

Just like lucidity states -- at night this doesn't work because the hormones aren't right.

But early morning it worked great -- you get both high melatonin and cortisol levels.

I definitely had some great and really psychedelic lucid dreams. I visited Tony Wright and he was showing me these models of civilization from 1,000 A.D. (not quite 100,000 years ago but anyway).

Then I was telling him about qigong and full-lotus and then I saw this really bright violet light which I shot at him as energy.

Anyway I was later outside with an ex-girlfriend who was running around (as she was a professional athlete of sorts)... but then my dream was lucid so I could run even faster!

There was this wild hog and so I chased it down and tamed it - just like in Avatar! And it rolled on its side and I was massaging its gums - - like cats like -- but the wild hog had huge fangs.

Still we bonded emotionally together -- it was all warm fuzzies.

I had a few other pretty weird stuff that made me realize I was dreaming.

Still I tried having an OBE but my higher frequency energy was strong enough -- or maybe my lower frequency. The vibrations weren't strong enough.

I'm not quite sure that the lucidity OBEs are the real thing -- but he seems pretty detailed about it -- and he says to make a magnetic ball which then pulls your spirit body out of your physical body.

That makes sense as the chi is what powers the spirit or shen body.

I stand by my statement, that you can't make a fair rule against spam without providing a definition. To call something "spam" in 2010, is merely to say you don't like it.

I hear you and agree that a clear definition of what spam is for TaoBums is vital. Here's a draft definition:

Spam (electronic)

Spam is the abuse of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.

Forum spam consists of links to external sites, with the dual goals of increasing search engine visibility, and generating more traffic for these commercial websites.

Spam posts may contain anything from a single link, to dozens of links. Text content is minimal, usually innocuous and unrelated to the forum's topic, or in a very old thread that is revived by the spammer solely for the purpose of spamming links.

For TaoBums, posts that contain links to external sites that are unsolicited or have no relevance to the topic at hand will be considered and treated as spam.

Whilst forum spam also, by definition, includes links posted in the user's signature, it is the policy of TaoBums that, within reason (determined by the discretion of the moderators), all members are allowed to post links to external websites in their signature.

Actually I was trying to do that this morning. You can watch those "lucidity" videos on youtube -- they're posted on a thread on ats somewhere as well.

Essentially if you ask Susan Blackmore -- a shrink -- she'll say it was just your left temporal lobe being deactivated for some neurological reason and therefore you're sense of Self was messed up creating a fake spatial sense.

But then if you tried smoking some salvia most like you would also fly out of your body -- and salvia is still legal in most states. I'd be careful with that though as it's the most powerful psychotropic as far as dosage goes.

Anyway sometimes it is possible to wake up while having a real Outer Body Experience. I did this once -- but I had fallen asleep while in full-lotus yoga position. So that's a bit different.

Still I had a girlfriend tell me she had an OBE -- I'm sure it's possible -- without necessarily building up tons of meditation energy. It depends on what type of meditation you do -- or what cycle of sleep you wake up in, etc.

He was probably in full lotus and giving people orgasms at the time and therefore not responsible for his own actions.

Man, if I had a penny for every time that I'd inadvertently spammed under just those circs..

c'est la vie and all.

Drew happy birthday. I appreciate your posts, your passion for SFQ, and tales of your unique life style :).

but the Lobby is a Hi, how are you, Handshake, kind of place. Anything that smacks of a sales pitch is going to bother some people away, maybe scare away potential members. Its nothing you intended but enough new people have PM'd about it to bother the Moderators.

For the sake of everyone who enjoys your presence here just moderate your SFQ messages in the lobby. Please

Yours

Michael

Yeah talk about legal loop holes.

Man, if I had a penny for every time that I'd inadvertently spammed under just those circs..

c'est la vie and all.