witch

Ladies Only--Witch's lefthand path for kundalini

that is an excellent exercise. i would also rub my hands together until they get hot and then place them over my kidneys and rub....feels so good.

also wearing the colors dark blue and black are good for the kidneys...

I used to do that exercise but have forgotten it and will now resume it. It does feel wonderfull and it makes me instantly more confident and seems to boost my willpower or something related. Is it good for the kidneys in general to be warm?

yes...do a search on kidney belt warmers....most you see are for extremes of temperature but old school practitioners will wear kidney belts all the time which can be just a sash or scarf around the waist.

a medical qigong doc i know wears his ex wife's tube top around his waist...which never fails to cause giggles when he would pull up his shirt in a resteraunt.

also the japanese elderly wear kidney belts

you DO NOT want your kidneys to feel or get cold....

you get the most out of sex with a wuxing-compatible partner (and it means knowing your chart and your auspicious and inauspicious phases of qi and the partner's phases accordingly, and not falling for someone who takes from you on the level of qi regardless of his intentions, nor for someone who you take from more than he can give without being depleted. For instance, someone who falls for Fire every time may be of the Wood phase with no Water in the chart, it's easy and even inevitable -- but it is very unhealthy, and the best whole-body experience will not happen with such a partner in a million years. But come a partner who has plenty of Water in the chart but misses Wood, it will be seventh heaven naturally and spontaneously, with no "work" done. Balancing two destinies in dual cultivation is what dual cultivation is all about -- without having a partner whose chart and yours mutually balance each other it is just so much harder, or in some cases -- as in Wood missing Water and attempting dual cultivation with a Fire partner also missing Water -- outright impossible. The single best bedchamber trick is to find a partner whose phases of qi are balanced by yours while balancing yours. This is a matter of either luck -- which was the case in the case I described -- or meticulous Chinese-astrological screening, which unfortunately is hard to pull off). So this answers your "high energy partner" hypothesis with a yes and a no. Not just high energy, the energy of the right kind of qi -- and that's "right kind for you," not some generic kind.

Wow Taomeow, :blink: Amazing what you write here and too bad people disregard easily this. I wish I had this knowledge a couple of years ago, I lost a great relationship and learned this the hard way. I am a Wood/Water person (my lucky elements are Fire/Earth/Metal) and my ex girlfriend was Earth/Metal. We completed each other except Fire, we both lacked Fire, but whenever there was Fire present in our relationship there were real fireworks in bed. Too bad I didn't know how to balance the relationship.

My actual girlfriend is a normal Fire and excessive Metal person, the Fire is good but her excess Metal is killing my Wood :unsure: ; I don't know how to balance this relationship to keep things rolling... maybe just putting more Fire into the equation? We both lack Earth.... what would be your advice?

And Witch, you too are great, I just put my girlfriend on a Fish Oil diet :lol:

Edited by steam

Thanks, Steam! :) You just gave me an idea... I used to do bazi charts and give relationship advice (among other things) based on the five phases analysis, but it was often frustrating for me because I can't really tell people to dump each other in a current relationship, now can I?.. even though the chart reveals that they are pretty much killing each other, qi-wise?.. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure... so I was thinking dating service, but there's some basic taoist education involved before anyone would really get interested?.. So I woke up today thinking, I could write a book on practical everyday applications of the five phases theory to pretty much everything, and dedicate a chapter to dating/relationships. I could explain how to do-it-yourself it so that the process of practical application is as straightforward as Witch's "take this and this amount of fish oil" -- well, maybe a little different... but I think I could make it fun... So now my New Years' resolution can be writing this book in the next three months... but everybody else's New Year's resolution would have to be buying it?.. :lol:

but everybody else's New Year's resolution would have to be buying it?.. :lol:

I'll buy a copy, no, make that ten! :lol: Really!

Is it possible to reverse-engineer one's Chinese astrological chart? I don't know the time or parentage - (I was a give-away baby) of where and how I was born and none of the records available have this information. All of the above is a total black-box.

Thank you, Little1, cool! :)

Is it possible to reverse-engineer one's Chinese astrological chart? I don't know the time or parentage - (I was a give-away baby) of where and how I was born and none of the records available have this information. All of the above is a total black-box.

In this situation I would be able to reconstruct some of it by asking many questions, but it would still be an approximation. There's other methods that can be used when natal info is not available, but all of them would have to be used in person -- palm and face reading, body markings reading, etc..

Is it possible to reverse-engineer one's Chinese astrological chart?

It is quite possible. I can put you in touch with a very, very gifted astrologer.

It is quite possible. I can put you in touch with a very, very gifted astrologer.

and what am I, chopped liver? :unsure::lol:

I would be interested to find out HOW the gifted astrologer is going to do it -- will he/she talk shop with me?

you'd probably sell a hundred copies to taobums alone :lol:

Edited by joeblast

Thanks, Steam! :) You just gave me an idea... I used to do bazi charts and give relationship advice (among other things) based on the five phases analysis, but it was often frustrating for me because I can't really tell people to dump each other in a current relationship, now can I?.. even though the chart reveals that they are pretty much killing each other, qi-wise?.. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure... so I was thinking dating service, but there's some basic taoist education involved before anyone would really get interested?.. So I woke up today thinking, I could write a book on practical everyday applications of the five phases theory to pretty much everything, and dedicate a chapter to dating/relationships. I could explain how to do-it-yourself it so that the process of practical application is as straightforward as Witch's "take this and this amount of fish oil" -- well, maybe a little different... but I think I could make it fun... So now my New Years' resolution can be writing this book in the next three months... but everybody else's New Year's resolution would have to be buying it?.. :lol:

I would be glad to buy that book! I was thinking the same for using the PUA/seduction technology connected to the wuxing charts analysis which would be much more healthy and accurate than all the bullshit I found in PUA, but this is just an idea that I may not be able to pursue, maybe someone else will do it...

Anyhow I begun to be aware of the 'energy flow' in the relationship, and splitting for the better of both is one of the solutions but no matter what happens there is a rule in relationships that I want to follow: "Always leave someone better than you found him/her".

And if we choose to stay in the relationship, no one ever taught what happens after "they married and lived happily together ever after"....

and what am I, chopped liver? :unsure::lol:

I would be interested to find out HOW the gifted astrologer is going to do it -- will he/she talk shop with me?

Well, no offense, but I think I myself might actually know more 4 pillars astrology than you, and I don't consider myself anywhere NEAR the same level as my good Hindu friend, and he is nowhere NEAR the level of some the better astrologers that he knows.

If you're interested, email or PM me.

Well, no offense, but I think I myself might actually know more 4 pillars astrology than you, and I don't consider myself anywhere NEAR the same level as my good Hindu friend, and he is nowhere NEAR the level of some the better astrologers that he knows.

If you're interested, email or PM me.

prove it, pretzel boy.

I would be glad to buy that book! I was thinking the same for using the PUA/seduction technology connected to the wuxing charts analysis which would be much more healthy and accurate than all the bullshit I found in PUA, but this is just an idea that I may not be able to pursue, maybe someone else will do it...

Anyhow I begun to be aware of the 'energy flow' in the relationship, and splitting for the better of both is one of the solutions but no matter what happens there is a rule in relationships that I want to follow: "Always leave someone better than you found him/her".

And if we choose to stay in the relationship, no one ever taught what happens after "they married and lived happily together ever after"....

Yay, seduction technology! It didn't occur to me, but then yes, of course, why not.

I've seen situations where a chart is not balanceable bewteen two people and requires three or four (children) -- as in my own, where the children's Fire has to melt the father's Metal to get me some Water I need. I can't use my own Fire (though I have more than enough) because his Metal controls my Wood, whereas our children's proprietary Fire phase controls Metal, but incidentally they have a Water deficiency and Water controls their phase, which results in an interesting family scenario -- children must obey their mother but not their father for energies to run smoothly. :lol:

Thanks to all prospective buyers, I love you and my New Years' resolution is growing stronger by the minute. :)

Me too. While I can't imagine I'd be doing charts to chose partners, I use feelings for that, you really do seem to get a lot of good guidance from your practices. So I'd definitely be interested in reading a book by you.

I am an expert on fish oil.

Any experience with this? High strength liquid fish oil Looks good but has this intresting combination of "No added artificial colours or flavours" with "Great tasting fruit punch flavor" :huh: I don't really mind what it tasts like unless it's truly hidious :lol:

My fish oil intake is pretty much is 1~3 1000Mg caps a day with a good multivitamin before a meal (as long as I'm eating at home and remember to take them) I basically buy whatever is on special in the chemist/supermarket and the ethicalnutrients stuff is readily available at chemists in Aus unlike Carlsons.

You may also enjoy this Arthritis Australia Position Paper on Fish Oil basically Research suggests the dose needed to reduce the joint inflammation associated with arthritis1 is 2.7 grams of omega-3 (EPA and/or DHA)

Me too. While I can't imagine I'd be doing charts to chose partners, I use feelings for that, you really do seem to get a lot of good guidance from your practices. So I'd definitely be interested in reading a book by you.

Nice, thanks!

The book would have a chapter on relationships and then other chapters on wuxing principles applied to choosing a diet, a practice, a business investment, and so on. Choosing partners by feeling is what most of us do, but the feeling takes the path of least resistance -- e.g. you go for the phase of qi it's easy for you to support, not the one that's hard to come by, but it's the one that's hard to get (because it's missing from your chart!) that you really need. So if I go with the feeling I go for Fire, because it's easy and natural for Wood (my phase) to be set on Fire... especially dry Wood (not enough Water or missing Water)... Likewise, Fire guys will be drawn to me because Wood is their nourishing phase... so the feeling part will be there, will be mutual -- and will be wrong. Surprise... but not really, because most marriages result from feeling and more than half fall apart, so feelings can mislead in more than half of all cases, while primal energies... hmm, never. :)

I would be interested in that as well. Along with the infamous Taomeow Cookbook. :)

Infamous indeed. :) Maybe I'll try combining them...

That's sort of why it's interesting to me. For some reason I just seem resistant to prognostication but you got me reading The Eranos I Ching and your explanations are very compelling.

It would be a great read, but I'm guessing probably much more than a 3 month project. I suspect you would end up like Master Huang and spending many years on this project.

{I like cooking too :D }

I think the fatty acids are a great addition to anyone who wants to work on their k development just because they help with maintaining the myelin sheath on nerves which facilitate communication in the body. Kundalites go through a "rewiring" of their nervous system so this supplement helps. It is like the nerves are being upgraded to carry more the more refined energy and the higher voltage of k.

Dr. John Lee at a lecture in Mendocino noted that the nerves responsible for the myelin sheath require progeterone to do their job- this was at a lecture he gave in Mendocino in 1995. He was trying to explain why many of his patients using progest reported a decrease in their arthritis-bursitis conditions.

Interesting to me that his patients reported generally improved health, and so do patients given physiologic doses of hydro-cortisone, or physiologic doses of thyroid hormone (physiologic meaning dosage amounts close to what the body produces naturally). Dr. Michael Shame (I think it is) in Marin was part of a team examining folks exposed to a Chevron plant release, and he found that while all the symptoms went away within a few months (runny nose or eyes kind of thing), the immune systems of the people exposed were still hyper a year after the event. Dr. Shame figured there was a relationship between the depressed health and the repression of normal thyroid function by a hyper immune system, and he saw health improvements in patients who were only borderline low thyroid.

reminds me that I think I forgot my progesterone today... how many guys out there use progest, or similar? I started using it for achy joints in a coastal town, but I think it gives me energy.

Any experience with this? High strength liquid fish oil Looks good but has this intresting combination of "No added artificial colours or flavours" with "Great tasting fruit punch flavor" :huh: I don't really mind what it tasts like unless it's truly hidious :lol:

My fish oil intake is pretty much is 1~3 1000Mg caps a day with a good multivitamin before a meal (as long as I'm eating at home and remember to take them) I basically buy whatever is on special in the chemist/supermarket and the ethicalnutrients stuff is readily available at chemists in Aus unlike Carlsons.

You may also enjoy this Arthritis Australia Position Paper on Fish Oil basically Research suggests the dose needed to reduce the joint inflammation associated with arthritis1 is 2.7 grams of omega-3 (EPA and/or DHA)

That fish oil brand looks ironically low-grade.

The dosage of fish oil by capsule size doesn't really tell me anything. Specifically how much EPA and DHA are you getting? It should say on the label.

That fish oil brand looks ironically low-grade.

<snip>It should say on the label.

:huh: oh I see, I think. Where I said I'm taking "1~3 1000mg caps" thats my "cheapest I can find in the supermarket" fish oil tablets. It is low grade/generic, not the liquid stuff below, which is quite expensive so I have never brought it. Perhaps that was the confusion. I actually currently take 2 High strength capsules, the 1~3 was an just a general example, but what I take is only "high strength" because they are physically bigger capsules (1500Mg)

Data below from the 1st link

Ethical Nutrients Hi-Strength Liquid Fish Oil Each 5 mL

Equiv. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)1.9 g

Equiv. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)927 mg

Vs

Carlson Laboratories Very Finest Fish Oil Lemon Flavor5ml

EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 800 Mg

DHA (DOCOSAHEXAENOIC ACID)500 Mg

basically 2x the strength if I'm reading them correctly at 5 am. My partner just came to bed and woke me up :lol:

But to get the energy to rise it must be thwarted at the base.

Very nicely said. This is a totally awesome thread.

Witch, do you suppose algal DHA supplements could be substituted for fish oil in your diet? I'm a veggie and am already taking a bit of the algal stuff, but to match your recommendations, I'd need to take a lot more.