Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

No prob, and thank you, that's the name that sort of resonated with me sometime ago and so on the web that's what I'm called. ^_^

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Edited by Shen555

Hi Dai Si Hing "Big Brother"Terry

Made this for you tonight not to hijack the thread but to change the shitty mood here, and show you what the Bak Fu Sunn Yee Gung that I do from Sifu is like. This is level 1 part of!!!

Enjoy brother and chat soon!

Sifu Garry

Thanks so much, Si-hing Garry!

Wonderful demo clip. Thanks for lifting the mood of the discussion with your new video. It's a beautiful and powerful moving meditation and the music is superb. And nice lighting, too. Congrats!

Si-hing Terry

• Like 1

Zenbear, can you elaborate on how dvd students, after practicing volume 4 long form meditation, can APPLY the healing energy developed by this form?

Hi Dai Si Hing "Big Brother"Terry

Made this for you tonight not to hijack the thread but to change the shitty mood here, and show you what the Bak Fu Sunn Yee Gung that I do from Sifu is like. This is level 1 part of!!!

Enjoy brother and chat soon!

Sifu Garry

Hi Si-hing Garry,

Thank you so much for posting your excellent, beautiful demo of the BF Sunn Yee Gung. It's a pleasure and comfort to have your contributions to this thread of the non-Flying Phoenix Meditative arts that are also under the Bok Fu Pai tradition's umbrella because it lends perspective to the Bok Fu Pai system as to its breadth and depth. (I have a hunch that GM Doo Wai has forgotten more authentic martial art than he has taught to both of us combined!). Nice Skyping with you tonight and catching up.

All the best,

Si-hing Terry

Sifu Terry: I saw on White Tiger Kung Fu website that they are selling Flying Phoenix dvds of your Grandmaster teaching Flying Phoenix and they claim that the earlier dvd series are not necessary since the advanced meditations on their new dvd can be used without the previous series being practiced since the new dvd meditations are more powerful. I notice they no longer even sell the earlier dvd series. What do you think about skipping the foundation series of Flying Phoenix meditations?

Steve Mehlpost-86937-133557603958_thumb.jpg

Hello Steve-in-the-Tao-Mist,

Sorry for this long delay in answering your email. As you may have noticed, there’s been another round of heated discord on this thread due to objectionable comments made by “Sillum”. Fortunately, this time a moderator stepped in and instructed “Sillum” to stop posting comments to the discussion.

I have not seen the claim made on the white tiger kung fu website that you mentioned, but I take your word for it that it’s there.

Answer to your question:

If what you say is true, then I'm appalled, bewildered, bemused to the point of shaking my head— :wacko: --that anyone with any level in ANY martial art, let alone someone claiming to be a serious student of Grandmaster Doo Wai can harbor—let alone publish on the internet--such an obviously false, misleading, transparently stupid and idiotic belief that even on the surface defies common sense and insults intelligence. In general, it’s ridiculous and absurd to declare that the basic foundational practice of any internal energy art or martial art is not necessary to master and that the advanced level can be practiced effectively without first establishing the fundamentals. What art—martial or otherwise—do you know of where one can do that? Skip the “Basics” and just do the “Advanced”?

Answer: none.

Indeed progress and attaining highest mastery of Chinese internal arts in most traditions boils down to constant refinement of correct fundamentals enabling the student to evolve through the 4 stages that I described in the first year of this thread: inactivity within inactivity, inactivity within activity, activity within activity, and finally, activity within inactivity.

Here are some more specific key facts disproving (and hopefully correcting in the mind of readers of this thread) that website’s absurd and ludicrous statement that the Basic Flying Phoenix Qigong meditations "aren't necessary" to practice before practicing the so-called “Level 2 Advanced FP Meditations” (!):

1. The so-called “basic” FP Meditations taught in my DVd series are not basic at all because the Long Form Standing Meditation formally called “Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Meditation” (taught in Vol. 4 of my Chi Kung For Health DVD series, btw, is the MOST ADVANCED meditation form in the entire FP Qigong system. None of the nine (9) standing moving meditations in the so-called Level 2 Advanced FP Meditations are as complex, as long, or as subtle as the “Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation” on Volume 4 which, as the capstone form of the entire FPCHCM system, bears its name. As I stated previously on this thread, GM Doo Wai taught that the capstone to the FP Qigong system is the Long Standing Meditation (on Volume 4); that is an undisputable fact. He taught that once this Long Standing Meditation was being practiced correctly, then one can greatly curtail or even stop the practice of all preceding basic standing FP meditations (Monk Gazing At Moon, Monk Holding Peach, Monk Holding Pearl, Wind Above Clouds, Wind Through Treetops, Bending the Bows,Moonbeam Splashes on Water). This Long Standing Meditation Form is what his advanced students, Kevin Ulmer and Bob Eberhardt were practicing all the time in the early 90's (when they were helping the GM for 5+ years teach the Los Angeles group of students that I had organized). To declare the practice of all the above-named FP Meditations as being “basic” and “unnecessary,” and that only practicing the Level 2 Meditations would suffice for the entire FP system is ludicrous and an insult of GM Doo Wai’s teaching of this art.

2. Based on my experience of teaching FP Qigong for the past 16 years and of practicing it for the past 21 years: Correctly practicing and mastering just the “Basic” standing and seated Flying Phoenix meditations (as seen in Volumes 1, 2, 3 and 7) will enable the practitioner to do miraculous healings—identical to those demonstrated by GM Doo Wai to me and my classmates from 1991 to 1997. I have GM Doo Wai on videotape in 1991 (in between his demo's of the advanced seated meditations) making this same statement to me. I may soon post this video footage on my website as the most authoritative testament as to how “not basic” the Basic FP Meditations are. For as I have explained repeatedly on this thread--and as my students always discover for themselves through correct practice--the energizing effects of the FP Qigong are cumulative and regular long term practice develops a superabundance of the distinctive, tangible FP Healing Energy that first promotes vibrant good health and youthfulness, and secondly, imbues one with healing power.

3. The height of irreverence: The more I think about it, the more outrageous this “not necessary” declaration is. It expresses seething and asinine irreverence to the creator of the Flying Phoenix Qigong system and the entire Bok Fu Pai system, Taoist monk Feng Tao Teh (Feng Do Duk in Cantonese). The declarant is in fact insulting the legacy and spirit of Feng Tao Teh; for his published opinion that the "first level" of FPCK isn't necessary to practice is in effect calling Feng Tao Teh a fool who was wasting his time, his yogic genius, and his divine inspiration/spiritual channel at Ehrmeishan by creating useless things for humanity.

--and by that same implication, the declarant is also saying that all the instruction published in my DVD series, all the FP training that I’ve been actively conducting since 1997, and everything that I’ve posted on this discussion thread since Jan. 2010 is useless material that students of FP Qigong don’t need. He thus believes that beginners can simply forego it all and gain complete knowledge of the entire FP Qigong system from practicing to the Advanced Level 2 Meditations on DVD featuring GM Doo Wai—which, btw, includes no seated meditations whatsoever.

4. Anyone with any Chinese martial art level or even a beginner with objectivity will recognize that Flying Phoenix Qigong, in the words of my friend, Sifu Jonathan Wang, is a "very sophisticated Qigong system."

http://www.beijingkungfu.com/Instructor-Sifu.html

And common sense will tell you that in order to learn any authentic Qigong system--but especially a powerful and sophisticated Qigong like Flying Phoenix--one has to learn the system starting with the basics.

5. To finally debunk the ridiculous notion that the “Basics” of Flying Phoenix Qigong (i.e., the exact exercises that GM Doo Wai taught) are not necessary before practicing the Advanced Flying Phoenix Qigong, I have to post this set of almost ridiculous rhetorical questions:

(a) Do you think a beginning student in kung-fu during his first year of training can effectively master Sifu Hearfield's Omei Bak Mei system by starting with his most advanced form? Or—

(b ) Likewise, do you think an absolute beginner can derive anything positive at all from trying to perform the Southern Shaolin 5 Animals Kung Fu Form (500+ movements progressing through these animal styles in this order: dragon, tiger, snake, leopard, and crane) by mimicking a video performance of this form without first mastering each of the 5 styles of Animal-acting through practice of the individual animal forms, which has been the way this form has been taught throughout history?

(c ) Do you think anyone can derive any benefit at all by practicing the Eighth Section of the Eight Sections of Energy Combined style of kung-fu without mastering the first seven Sections or the six preparatory nei-gung exercises?

(d ) Similarly, do you think any Tai Chi practitioner can develop the Tai Chi Kung Fu by starting the practice of Ta-Lu (a 4-corner stepping Push-hands drill) or San-shou, without first having developed high skill in fixed-step Push-hands?

<<Easy answer: Back in 1990, I asked Master Benjamin Lo this same question during a week-long summer retreat in La Honda, CA. His short answer: “No. Useless.”>>

Saying “yes” to any of the above is the same perverse and retarded thinking behind the belief that the Basic level of the FP Qigong is not a necessary to learn first before the practicing the Advanced FP meditations.

Sifu Garry Hearfield and I have the same films of GM Doo Wai performing them, which other proclaimed students of GMDW are trying to sell on their DVD’s. Based my experience of regularly practicing the Advanced Level FP, I can opine that a beginning student cannot adequately learn the Advanced FP meditations and derive maximum health benefits from them without having learned at least the basic FP Meditations in Vols. 1 through 4 of the CKFH dvd series. The exception would be somebody like “ridingtheox” of Arizona, who posted that he was able to enjoy immediate high-energization and rejuvenation by practicing just the Long Form Standing Mediation on Vol.4 (because he had 20+ years of Tai Chi training and was a teacher himself.)

There aren’t adequate invectives to paint those sewing confusion through lies (or, as someone had sugar-coated, a “different perspective”) and trying to undo my work or Sifu Hearfield’s work as teachers and preservers of authentic ancient traditions. “Perverse” and “retarded” aptly describes their thinking, and “asinine” colors the spirit of these pathetic monkeys who so casually spew thoughtless, arrogant and insidious falsehoods. But this just is par for the course in terms of the most ignorant, dark and bizarre side of the martial arts subculture, best summed up as:

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.”

Steve, thanks for your email. As exasperating as it is for me to have to spend time commenting on such malarkey that sews only confusion in the minds of earnest students, I've accepted the fact that that's part of my duties in preserving the FP Chi Kung.

Bottom line: Steve, if you can make use the Advanced FP Meds performed by GM Doo Wai marketed by the website you had mentioned or by anyone else, that's great. I am not discouraging you or anyone from purchasing these “Level 2” FP Meditations. On the contrary, I constantly encourage advanced Qigong practice at its appropriate time.

And this is my honest assessment of when roughly that “appropriate time” is: to correctly learn and practice the Advanced FP Moving Meditation that has breathing 50 40 30 20 as demonstrated by GM Doo Wai on the Level 2 DVD, without having first practiced the Basic FP Exercises (Vols. 1 – 4), I would estimate that one would need the equivalent of 8 to 10 years of Tai Chi (or other internal arts) training under superior instruction.

And I would say something almost identical about a beginner trying to learn the “Advanced” Standing Long Form Meditation taught on Volume 4 (with breath sequence 90 60 5 50 40): A beginner--other than a yogic genius--cannot possibly pick up this complex moving meditation and derive its health benefits from it without attaining proficiency in the preceding eight (8) Standing FP Meditations

When first used the the Level 2 FP Meditation footage of GM Doo Wai for my personal practice, even with some 20 years of experience in the Doo Family internal arts at that time, I found it most challenging and difficult to learn such advanced Tai Chi-like moving meditation. Because the Level 2 training is valuable and worthwhile for those ready for it, I may at some point produce a full-length DVD that teaches all 9 of the Level 2 Advanced FP Meditations. But because so few DVD users have reported progress in mastering the Advanced Long Standing Meditation taught on Vol.4 since its release in 2004, I feel no great urgency to produce a detailed instructional dvd on the Advanced Standing FP Meditations.

I hope this answers your question and clarifies any misconceptions you might have had about how to properly train in Flying Phoenix Chi Kung.

Best Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

When I used the Level 2 FP Meditation footage of GM Doo Wai for my personal practice, even with 21+ years of experience in the Doo Family internal arts, I found it most challenging and difficult to learn such advanced Tai Chi-like moving meditation. And because the training is valuable and worthwhile, I may within the 18-24 months produce a full-length DVD that teaches all 9 of the Level 2 Advanced FP Meditations.

Hey Dunn Sifu,

never seen you so enraged to bash the importance of Basics into the head of your students. The longer one train the basics the more one has the perception for what is advance. And yes I have done something advance before and it was a bad idea

as I had insuffcient Qi for such thing, well that time I could learn my own stuff and get bored and learned 2 other stuff from a more advance form because the teacher teached it and the students took long to remember them and I memorize them when I did my own new form which I learend, for fun I try them and they were advance but they emptied the build up Qi. Sick for a weak and learned, the advance form is real

and do not do them without stable basics.

Best,

Q

• Like 1

Crazy world we live in !

Referring to the long post, from Sifu Terry, above.......

We have a frankly amazing system of Chi Kung, in Flying Phoenix. I've been practicing various high level systems for almost twenty years, and this is the best. I have been a professional healer for 18 years, and healed over 20000 people. I know a good healing system when I see one.

Nobody is forced to practice it. We all have free will.

Amazingly, There are still those who want to bash and criticise. Once, I used to feel angry, and want to tell the 'truth' to anyone who would listen. Ego, even about things I really cared about, such as animal rights, veganism etc. Now I just smile and walk away. Each to their own, live and let live. We all get there in the end.

The most incredible thing of all, though, is we have direct access to Master Terry Dunn here, who takes the time to answer questions and engage with anyone who makes demands on his time. Knowing how busy I am, I think thats pretty impressive. Most masters don't go that far.

And he still has to write long replies, as above, justifying things to people,when he could be doing more important things.

I don't want this to sound to sycophantic. Its not meant to be sound that way. Its just annoying that people show so little respect. I always say that respect is earnt, and I while I treat everyone with compassion, I don't necessarily have to respect them. I think Sifu Terry has earnt respect on this board, for his patience and willingness to help everyone.

Anyway......thats it !

• Like 2

Hey Dunn Sifu,

never seen you so enraged to bash the importance of Basics into the head of your students. The longer one train the basics the more one has the perception for what is advance. And yes I have done something advance before and it was a bad idea

as I had insuffcient Qi for such thing, well that time I could learn my own stuff and get bored and learned 2 other stuff from a more advance form because the teacher teached it and the students took long to remember them and I memorize them when I did my own new form which I learend, for fun I try them and they were advance but they emptied the build up Qi. Sick for a weak and learned, the advance form is real

and do not do them without stable basics.

Best,

Q

Hi Q,

Thanks for personally affirming and corroborating my point about the mastering fundamentals. I raised the shit-storm objecting to the "basics not necessary" notion because beginners can really get off on the wrong foot and cause themselves a lot of problems--besides going nowhere and not progressing--if they get carried away with being importune and impatient and wind up delving into advanced materials that they're just not ready for (in any art).

If one has a healthy balanced approach to studying the Chinese internal arts and one trains hard and diligently and respects the tradition carrying the particular internal art, this saying becomes functional:

"When you are ready, the Knowledge will be made available to you."

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Thanks 1

I want to train, teach and heal myself and others. I will most likely no longer post myself. I have really nothing to say beyond that anymore, except this. Enjoy and love your training, be happy. I'll keep doing the best I can as well.

Sifu Terry Dunn,

I was curious as to your beliefs, and perhaps the beliefs of GM Doo Wai, on negative entities (negative attachments, souls, demons, etc) in relation to FP Chi Kung, tai chi, and chinese martial arts in general. I'm especially interested in factors such as incorrect movements, breathing, and the such if those apply as well, like skipping the basics for example.

Thanks!

LaDankSkunk

Edited by LaDankSkunk

Zenbear,

Wondering if you agree or disagree with this earlier post of Sillum's?- "The average FP meditation takes about 4 months to mature. After you reach maturation you are just spinning your wills. Your chi will not get any stronger." thanks-

Hi Q,

Thanks for personally affirming and corroborating my point about the mastering fundamentals. I raised the shit-storm objecting to the "basics not necessary" notion because beginners can really get off on the wrong foot and cause themselves a lot of problems--besides going nowhere and not progressing--if they get carried away with being importune and impatient and wind up delving into advanced materials that they're just not ready for (in any art).

If one has a healthy balanced approach to studying the Chinese internal arts and one trains hard and diligently and respects the tradition carrying the particular internal art, this saying becomes functional:

"When you are ready, the Knowledge will be made available to you."

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Dunn Sifu,

especially the FP makes it very clear that one need the basics.

There are even moves which are called Basics in the "Basic FP" and each move is opening one part.

As I could feel myself the Long Form will make the Qi flow and I find in those part the basics which I worked not enough or movments which where not included in the basics were hindering the flow in the Long Form.

These are the parts which I were move more slow than shifting a dune- as the Qiflow becomes unstable. Too much speed and the Flow breaks down and I can start from the beginning when one use the Qi from the FP and not other sorts of Qi. The more stable the Qi the faster one can move without stopping the build up current which is speed up strengthen in each movement one do.

So this why I also add the opinion to exercise the FP Basics "well".

Best,

Q

Well said Q. Great point on the value of practicing the Flying Phoenix basics from your own experience.

I will also add: At this point in my practice (month 31) I truly cherish the FP "basic" exercises, just as much as the "advanced". Also, I've found doing them in the same sequence as taught on Sifu Terry's DVD's are particularly energizing.

There are certain basic exercises I enjoy immensely, including the very first basic seated meditation, the third basic seated (which on the surface appears to be quite simple) and standing Monk Holds Peach, which at this stage of my practice has become sublimely peaceful.

The really nice thing about putting in the hours on the basics is that it's very likely you will never want to let them go, not even a little bit. Not because of any sense of task, but because you truly enjoy them.

Good practicing!

Fu dog

To all,

The subject of this discussion thread started 2.5 years ago by Fu_Dog in Florida, who I hope to meet in person sometime soon, is found here at this link:

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Thanks for following and your contributions of questions and comments.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Zenbear,

Wondering if you agree or disagree with this earlier post of Sillum's?- "The average FP meditation takes about 4 months to mature. After you reach maturation you are just spinning your wills. Your chi will not get any stronger." thanks-

Hello Growant,

As you can safely presume based on several past postings I made about comments posted by Sillum (--just do the statistics): I strongly disagree with his statement that you quoted above.

But I want to say as a preface here that it really takes a lot of nerve--plus something off the scales in terms some magical blend of arrogance and ignorance--to declare on an open forum that the only active instructor of FP Qigong in the world over the past 20 years besides GM Doo Wai, i.e., Yours Truly, has been "spinning his wheels" for 19 of those 20 years and that all his students over these years had long ago max'd out :excl: :excl: in terms of their energy getting any stronger with any practice beyond four months :o :o because according to the most erudite Sillum, each of the FP Meditations that this teacher taught "expired" after 4 months in terms of their potential to cultivate internal energy.:lol::lol:

I will cite one fact that alone should harpoon Sillum's statement as the idiotic rant of a deranged person--or else teh most churlish attempt to divert FP practitioners from working on essential basics and have them instead game around with Advanced Level practices that they're not ready for:

I started learning the FP Qigong in late 1990 when GM Doo Wai was 63 years old. In the first year, the Grandmaster on one fall day in a space of about 2 hours performed 16 of the 24 FP Seated Meditations (Monk Serves Wine) one after another without doing any of the breath control sequences, which I videotaped on professional equipment. At the end of the long demonstration, he gave me the breathe control sequences for each of the 16 meditations from memory without looking at any notes or reference. In other words, the GM Doo Wai practiced each one 16 Flying Phoenix seated mediations as if he had been practicing them all regularly for each of his 56 years up to that time. [Yes, that's 56 years (63 yrs - 17 yrs) that he had been practicing the Basic FP Qigong Meditations, GM Doo Wai took on the mantle of "Grandmaster of his Family inherited Bok Fu Pai system at age 17, as I stated earlier in this thread]. So why would GM Doo Wai have perfect body memory and recall of all the Basic Seated "Monk Serves Wine" Meditations if all of them had matured by the time he was 17 years old and were of no further benefit to himself?? :wacko:The erudite Sillum has boldly declared to the world through this discussion thread that Grandmaster Doo Wai was "spinning his wheels" for at least 56 years. Now that's what I call reverence for the grandmaster that Sillum professed to esteem and for the Bok Fu Pai system that he so proudly touted that he is expert in. :excl::o

The first eight of the sixteen Monk Serves Wine seated mediations that he demonstrated for me that day appear on Volumes 2 and 7 of my Chi Kung For Health DVD series.

If I needed to prove how wrong and ridiculous this declaration of a 4-month "maturation" period (which he means as "expiration" period), I would ask all FP Practitioners throughout the world, from CA to NYC, from to AZ to AK, from MI to Florida, to Canada, the U.K., Ireland, France, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Turkey, Brazil, India, Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc., etc., (who are willing to answer) if they are presently continuing to derive energizing and rejuvenating effects from each FLying Phoenix exercise that they have practiced for more than 4 months (at a rate, say, of 10 to 15 minutes every other day per exercise).

But since there is NO NEED WHATSOEVER for additional facts or testimonials to support a deservedly scathing critique of the Sillum statement, because it is actually meaningless in almost every respect and dimension, I get to nip this time-wasting dirty bomb of a ludicrous lie at the bud, and not have to waste anybody's time by inviting corroborating opinions from FP Practitioners following this thread.

Life is too short. Time and energy is of the essence. And we do not want to waste them responding to idiocy. So I will do it this time for everyone. I don't mind doing it because I'm using this opportunity to repost salient facts about the Flying Phoenix Qigong System to remind readers of the truth of this art and to keep everyone on track with their pursuit of correct practice. My colorful thesis in answer to your question follows below.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

Hello Growant,

I really didn't want to have to reply to that particular comment, and was hoping that it would simply wither and die on the virtual vine and that no one would ever notice it.

But no such luck. Since you raised it, I will strive to answer your question here...

The opinion expressed by Sillum is so meaningless on its face that it really can't be acknowledged as a rational statement. If you hadn't asked about it, I would have continued to ignored it and would have forgotten about it as yet another absurd, detracting and confusing generalization by someone who has never practiced the FP system. I really don't want to dignify this nonsensical, transparently self-serving generality that just by its wording doesn't warrant an answer.

But since you asked, here is my answer:

1. First of all, he says the "average FP Meditation". There is no such thing as an "average FP meditation"!! How do you compare the sedentary meditation "Monk Gazing at Moon" to moving meditations "MoonBeam Splashes on Water" or the Long Form Standing Meditation in Vol.4???" Or even the much shorter "Wind Above Clouds" or "Wind Through Treetops"? It can take a beginner 4 months just to learn and memorize the movements of the Long Form Standing Meditation. So the statement is meaningless with its supposition that there is such a thing as an "average FP Meditation"

2. Secondly, he says the average FP meditation takes about 4 mos. to "mature." What the hell does "mature" mean in the context of this Qigong training, or any qigong system that you know of? What, after "maturation" one doesn't ever have to practice the FP Mediation anymore...that' it's useless and can be forgotten?(!)

Well, if that's the case, why has this art been preserved for seven generations now? Has every generation in GM Doo Wai's lineage taught their students to do the FP Meditations and then stop after 4 months and to forget them??

Is what sillum is touting is the traditional manner of teaching of the Flying Phoenix Qigong within the Bok Fu Pai tradition--i.e., do each Meditation for 4 months and then that's it??? If it was, then the FP Qigong wouldn't have made it past the first generation of GM Doo Wai's martial ancestors. It wouldn't even be in existence toeday if what the erudite Sillum stated was true.

And if what the erudite Sil Lum saying is true, why did GMDW have all his senior students of 8+ years (when I was starting my training with him in 1990) doing the Long Form Standing Meditation, Moonbeam, Wind Above Clouds, and Wind Through Trees regularly and then teaching us)?

**I have never heard of any Qigong exercise "maturing" as if the exercise itself were a piece of fruit. WHAT "MATURES" OR IS REFINED IS THE HUMAN BEING PRACTICING IT, HIS/HER ENERGY BODY AND MIND. And obviously, every person, depending on their age, physical, emotional and spiritual make-up and how hard and how well they practice, cultivates himself or herself--in mind, body and spirit--to varying degrees. I don't know...maybe Sillum's been watching too many movies and thinks that the Flying Phoenix Celestial healing Chi Mediations system is incubating "Alien"--so that after 4 months, the little monster tears out of the practitioner's breastbone and hits the street. I only wish that he would do so--so I don't have to spend any more time like this breaking down his vapid, ignorant, and BFP-tradition-insulting statements.

3. I might agree with that statement of deriving maximum energization from a basic FP Meditation after 4 months--with the qualification that one is practicing that "average FP Meditation" 15 minutes a day every day for 4 mos. He didn't qualify his statement with how much training is involved...so again, his statement is meaningless.

But if one did practice daily for 15-20 minutes Per Meditation and correctly for 4 months, one could very well maximize one's body's utilization of any one of the FP Meditations. But that utilization and "access" to greater levels the FP Healing energy would only INCREASE with time and more practice.

***And as I stated on a couple of occasions in this thread, the Flying Phoenix System is so sublime and divinely inspired/engineered a Chi Kung that once correctly learned and established, one can simply do the breath-control sequence of a particular FP Meditation and derive all the energizing and rejuvenating effects of ALL of one's previous practice.***

And does this effect/acapbility comport with sillum's statement? No, because because sillum's statement is sheer idiocy.

This you will only find out for yourself. Don't even take my word for it. The FP Qigong art produces results as I have described in this thread and the art itself is self-explanatory. AND THERE IS NO TIME FUSE AS TO WHEN THE BENEFITS FROM FP PRACTICE (YES, EVEN PRACTICE OF THE SO-CALLED "BASIC" FP EXERCISES) RUN OUT!

4. As for sillum's incredible generalization that after 4 mos. of practicing each one of the FP Meditations, that no more energization and healing effects can be derived from practice, and that the practioner would be only "spinning his wheels", I have a few things to say:

A. That may be Sillum's experience in his own training which shows his make-up is of such dross that even a sublime Qigong like FP cannot transform him after 4 months of training in each of the FP meditations. Yes, it's the Peter Principle applied to Qigong and sillum has a very, very low ceiling--i.e., he is unteachable and untrainable to himself.

B. But from all his past posts of equally meaningless tripe, it's obvious that he has never practiced the FP Qigong system correctly and competently--if at all.

C. After 21 years of practicing FP Qigong, I find greater and greater energization, refined Consciousness-expansion from my regular ongoig practice, greater empowerment in healing force of the distincet Flying Phoenix flavor and colour. I regularly practice the Standing Long Form Meditation (Vol.4) and the Advance Seated (Monk Serves Wine) meditations in Vol. 7, as well as the "Level 2" Advanced FP Meditations. Then, fortunately, I get to regularly practice all of the basic standing and seated FP Meditations because I teach them in my classes. And i enjoy continuing access to an every increasing reservoir of FP Healing Energy when I do healing work.

On top of FP Qigong training, my practice of 2 other internal systems in the Bok Fu Pai tradition (10,000 Buddhas Meditation System, and Eight Sections of Energy Combined) continually refines, expands and deepens the quality of my FP Practice. I say this to remind the readership that the FP Qigong system can be practiced for a lifetime parallel to any other complete Qigong system, such as the Tao Tan Pai internal system, which I also teach (and which I learned 15 years prior to learning the FP Qigong).

For sillum to declare that there is a 4 mo. time-fuse on the effectiveness of each of the FP Meditations is pure horse manure. Qigong is a living art that's sustains higher living; it isn't a box of lettuce that wilts rots in a few weeks. But that's the level of appreciation that sillum gives to Flyng Phoenix Qigong and to the BFP tradition.

D. From my teaching experience: my students since 2002 (when I redoubled my efforts to teach FP Qigong and set up a separate class for it) are still feeling increasing benefits from their ongoing practice. That's ten years now. And according to the erudite sillum, all my students have been spinning their wheels with me? 4 months, huh? Well, I think I have a few formidable students who would take extreme exception to that sillum comment and all that it implies.

Ok. I think that's enough.

Thanks for raising this question, Growant. I'm glad I went through this thought process to answer it. Bottomline: my answer is that the sillum "4 months" statement is ridiculous, absurd, serving some very wierd and unfathomably negative agenda, and widely insulting to the Bok Fu Pai tradition once again.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

I don't know...maybe Sillum's been watching too many movies and thinks that the Flying Phoenix Celestial healing Chi Mediations system is incubating "Alien"--so that after 4 months, the little monster tears out of the practitioner's breastbone and hits the street.

LMFAO I almost spat my drink over the computer...hahahhaa farggin classic :wub::lol:

• Like 1