Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Hello to all FP Qigong practitioners,

Here is one of the most comprehensive and informative videos about the nature of the COVID-19 virus and pandemic.  The expertis Dr. Michael Osterholm, Dir. of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota.  More than 90 minutes in duration, but well worth watching.  Dr. Osterholm dispells many misconceptions about the behavior of COVID-19 and viruses in general, and about measures to prevent infection.

I posted this on March 1 on Facebook and post it again here for more people's benefit:

Be well and practice FP Qigong's Long Form Standing Meditation (as taught on Volume 4) to maintain peak immunity.   

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"HEALING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING."

--Grandmaster Doo Wai

"WE ARE AT OUR BEST WHEN WE SERVE OTHERS.  BE CIVILIZED."

Ira Byock writes: Anthropologist Margaret Mead was asked by a student what she considered to be the first sign of civilization in a culture. The student expected Mead to talk about fishhooks or clay pots or grinding stones.

But Mead said that the first sign of civilization in an ancient culture was a femur (thighbone) that had been broken and then healed. Mead explained that in the animal kingdom, if you break your leg, you die. You cannot run from danger, get to the river for a drink or hunt for food. You are meat for prowling beasts. No animal survives a broken leg long enough for the bone
to heal.

"A broken femur that has healed is evidence that someone has taken time to stay with the one who fell, has bound up the wound, has carried the person to safety and has tended the person through recovery. Helping someone else through difficulty is where civilization starts," Mead said.

We are at our best when we serve others. Be civilized.

~ Ira Byock, *The Best Care Possible: A Physician’s Quest to Transform Care Through the End of Life*

Posted by Rob Brezny on his superb western astrology website, www.freewill.astrology

••To bring this back to Flying Phoenix Qigong:

Art below titled "Forever Happy" painted by my young prodigy friend, Alexandra Nechita, when she was 13 yrs old!
--posted because this is the only artwork that came to mind that depicts a femur!

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 8

Hi guys

Im wantung to start FP via the dvd set "celestial healing"

Ive looked high and low for this dvd and its proving difficult, amazon had a copy i missed but now its going for $105 which is allot more than the $42 it was originally.

Can anyone point me towards somewhere to buy this dvd, im in UK  btw. Failing that which other dvd will work for me to get started in these practices?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Jay78 said:

Hi guys

Ive looked high and low for this dvd and its proving difficult, amazon had a copy i missed but now its going for $105 which is allot more than the $42 it was originally.

Can anyone point me towards somewhere to buy this dvd, im in UK  btw. Failing that which other dvd will work for me to get started in these practices?

Thanks

Sifu Terry can also bring you in to his group streaming sessions and arrange to help you get your FP practice started.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jay78 said:

Have you looked on Sifu Terry's official Flying Phoenix website? It's very simple to order from there.

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

At the bottom you can see the 5 DVD set special offer which I guess you are after. Since you live overseas in the UK, it will be more cost effective to order this bunch in order to save postage in long term.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2020 at 8:34 PM, orange said:

I have a question on Sifu Terry's advice on using a chair.  Is it okay to lean against a straight back chair, or should one sit more towards the front of the chair without leaning and without any back support?  Thanks

Hi Orange:

Answer:  it doesn't matter if you sit on the forward part of the chair or sit against the straight back of the chair.

Just as it doesn't matter for those who can sit in half-lotus whether they do the seated Monk Serves Wine meditations seated upright  away from a wall or a prop or seated upright with back flush against a wall or a piece of furniture.  The MSW seated meditations are very accommodating.  As long is one's back is upright and kept still, it doesn't matter if the back is supported by a prop or not.

Good practicing.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

HELLO TO ALL MY STUDENTS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE U.S. AND OVERSEAS!:

I hope that this finds you and your loved ones in good health and calm, well-informed and adapting comfortably to the necessarily new lifestyle of sheltering in place against the COVID-19 pandemic.

This again is short notice, but not as short as last weekend!:    My next live-streamed Qigong  class will be this Sunday, April 5 at 4:00 pm EST.  This class, which will continue on every Sunday at 4pm is called:
  1. "Tao Tan Pai + Flying Phoenix Qigong For Peak Immunity, Stamina and Rapid      Recovery from Fatigue"--
  2. as it will be a combination of the two powerful and very different Taoist monastic systems of Qigong that I preserve--Taoist Elixir Method ("TaoTan Pai") and Flying Phoenix Qigong--that I specially designed over the past month to effectively increase immune levels, stamina, respiratory power (that's what Qigong means) and was developed for first-responders and medical workers.  This program is a fine-tuning of an earlier program that I developed and successfully delivered way back in April 2016 for Montana's Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) to all its social workers and first-responders working in the highest burn-out niche in all of social work--Child Protective Services. 
Those of you who have taken my Tao Tan Pai and Flying Phoenix Qigong classes and workshops in Los Angeles, Lenox, St. Paul, and NYC know that these practices impart tangibly energizing and profoundly rejuvenating effects in very short order.  And up to a certain age that varies from person to person, practice of specific Flying Phoenix Qigong meditations will allostatically reverse signs of aging--smoothing skin and returning grey hair to its previous root color.  My good friend at the Yale School of Public Health who has been vetting my programs since last June gave me this publishable review of the Flying Phoenix Qigong:

"Flying Phoenix Qigong practice significantly elevates parasympathetic tone.
90 minutes of practice of this Qigong is restorative in real time and over time afterwards."    
         - Yetsa A. Tuakli-Wosornu, M.D., M.P.H., IOC Dip. Sp. Med.  Assistant Clinical Professor, Yale School of Public Health Department of Chronic Disease EpidemiologyInternational Olympic Committee (IOC) Working Group on the Prevention of Harassment and Abuse in Sport;  World Obstacle Course Racing (FISO) Safeguarding Committee; International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA) Medical Committee

And most recent Proof of the Qigong pudding are these two spontaneous testimonials given by my dear friend and student, Rori Kanter, six months apart.  Rori is a sprite and hard-charging 82 year old whose doctor gave her a most amazing evaluation after she practiced 6 months of Qigong, as explained in the second clip:
            April 29, 2019    https://vimeo.com/333813234
            Nov. 4, 2019      https://vimeo.com/372632471

As some of you already know, the Tao Tan Pai Qigong system--created in the Tang dynasty and 24 generations old--is powerful and restorative in and of itself, happens to be a fantastic foundational catalyst for Flying Phoenix Qigong. That is, the TTP-31 Meditations enhance the restorative effects of Flying Phoenix Qigong and makes them even more salient.  Thus this ongoing course will cover the following:  
                                          -- 
A.  Tao Tan Pai Short Form Power Yoga (Exercises Nos. 1 thru 4 and No.18 of the TTP Basic 31 Meditations);  Tao Tan Pai "Shen" Exercises;  "The Six Stars Standing Meditation"

B.  Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Qigong -- Standing and Seated Meditations in equal      
      proportions of time.  Over time, we will cover everything in Volumes 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7 of my 
      Chi Kung For Health DVD series.  To learn more about the DVDs, visit:  

To warm up on your own before this session starts at 4pm, I recommend that you practice:
1.  the "Toe-Circling Walk" that I teach at the start of every class (since 1987);
2.  Any Tai Chi form that you remember from my past classes or know from a different tradition or teacher, 
3.  The Silk Weaver's Exercise (easy to do Qigong) as shown here on my Facebook Product Page:

FEES:   The fee for this class is the same as for my community classes at Eastover Estate:  
              $35 for one class or $240 for a series of 8 sessions.  

Please send your payment via Paypal or Zelle to this email address:  [email protected]

PLEASE MAKE YOUR PAYMENT BEFORE 2PM TOMORROW
The Meeting ID for the April 5 class is:   638-772-745
 Once payment has been confirmed, you will be sent a Password to enter the meeting.

To access the webinar:    enter www.zoom.us into your browser.
                                             Then click the "Join a Meeting" tab at the upper right side of the Zoom homepage.
                                             Then enter your password when prompted.

If you wish to pay by check or m.o., please mail it to this address and notify me by email with an attached photo of your check:

Terry Dunn
c/o Eastover Estate
430 East Street
Lenox, MA  01240

We had a very good turnout for our inaugural session last Sunday--despite the fact that I gave everyone only 5 hours' notice beforehand!  

I look forward to seeing you all again and welcoming many first-timers. 

Again, my apologies for this relatively short  notice about this Sunday's class.  But this was due to a massive WiFi outage since last Monday at Eastover Estate--due to a mighty lightning storm.  The WiFi is still not repaired, but I have a beautiful alternative location arranged as backup if it is not repaired by tomorrow.

Peace and Health to us all,

Sifu Terry Dunn
(310) 384-7205

"Calmness (i.e., meditation) and Wisdom is like a lamp and its light." -- Hui Neng, 6th Patriarch of Buddhism, founder of the Ch'an School (Zen).
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How much difference do you think it makes sitting half lotus as opposed to just cross legged or even sitting normally in a chair?

I think i am damaging my knees sitting in half lotus, so i have started doing yoga to open my hips and also trying to do the splits :wacko:

Hopefully i can get flexible enough to sit comfortably in lotus position as i love not only fp but just mindfulness meditation, it would be nice to be able to sits for hours at a time comfortably.

Any advice on getting that flexibility would be much appreciated, on the bright side at least i can now do more reps of the longer seated meditations although meditation 3 on dvd 7 will be awakward if i am to take the normal seated posture.

• Like 1

Just finished a two and a half hour flying Phoenix session outside with the full moon. There’s something special about practicing under a full moon in general but especially with flying Phoenix. It’s blows me away every time. Whole body buzzing.
Anybody else get a session in tonite? 

• Like 3

To all FP Qigong practitioners:

Over the past two Sundays,  we got off to a great start with my weekly series of live-streamed 2-hour concentrated Qigong lessons on the Zoom platform.  The first series takes place every Sunday from 4pm-6pm EST. If you're interested in participating,

Here is the registration info for next session on Sunday April 12:   

• Registration URL:  https://us04web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIqd-mupzMvX8QwnSn4NZW1M046AcjEMQ

• Zoom Meeting ID:   867-006-985

• Send $35 fee via Paypal to [email protected]  (or $240 for a series of 8 two-hour sessions) 

to receive the Meeting Password.

(*The Registration URL page above has an extensive and detailed description of the powerful combined content of the 2-hour sessions:  1 hour of Taoist Elixir Method (Tao Tan Pai) Basic 31 Meditations followed by 1 hr of FP Qigong practice.)

For those of you who aren't familiar with Tao Tan Pai  Kung Fu or TTP Qigong (the other ancient Taoist monastic Nei Kung system that I preserve, along with about 10 other 24th generation instructors), this video shows 8 of the 31 Basic Tao Tan Pai Meditations (there are 6 more higher levels to this Nei Kung system), plus the Tao Tan Pai Cane Form at the end, which is a valuable basic Kung Fu Form that I started teaching 6 years ago as prerequisite warm-up regimen before any type of Qigong practice that I teach.

I hope to see many of you at future streaming sessions. 

(Subscribers also get ongoing access to the recordings of each Zoom session that they attend).

Be well and take care to observe all COVID-19 precautions.

Sincerely,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimanai.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, LightShadowDao18 said:

Just finished a two and a half hour flying Phoenix session outside with the full moon. There’s something special about practicing under a full moon in general but especially with flying Phoenix. It’s blows me away every time. Whole body buzzing.
Anybody else get a session in tonite? 

Hello LightShadowDao,

Glad to hear that you used FP Qigong to get in sync with the full moon.

Yes.  Full moon nights is the perfect and optimal time to practice the FP Qigong system--any part of the system to any extent.

I practiced the five  90-second meditations on Vol.5, then the FPHHCM Long Form Meditation, then Moonbeam.  And then 3 of the 9 Advanced FP Standing Meditations--a higher  level of FP Qigong that requires in-person instruction and supervision, in the same way that Tai Chi requires.

Note and enjoy the lasting restorative effects after each practice has concluded.

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 3

Good to hear something about the meditations on Volume 5. I have posted in years past how I think those 90 second meditations get the least amount of comments on this thread. They were always one of my favorites because I am partial to chi kung methods that are quick and easy but also very effective. Eric Isen, medical clairvoyant, once gave a detailed report about what he saw each of those movements doing from Volume 5 just by knowing the name of each one of them. It was very impressive and encouraging to learn what they will do. 

This might be a good time for me to dig out that volume and relearn them. 

Edited by tao stillness
to add more information
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Shiva33 said:

Hi all. Been a long time. Just found this interesting mass group meditation vs Schumann resonance of Earth article.

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2020/04/massive-meditation-event-may-have-been-seen-on-earth-frequency-measurements/

“Since April 4-5, there has been a peak in the Earth’s geomagnetic field, increasing the power of Schumann Resonance to the highest point of 76. What is interesting to note is that this peak coincides with the global mass meditation that has took place on this date. During this period many groups of people (over 2 million), including Unify and Global Peace Meditation, held mass meditation. The reasons for various groups included earthly ascension, world peace and making positive changes caused by the Coronavirus.

During this period Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi asked 1.3 billion Indian citizens to turn off electricity and pray. The peak was recorded by a Russian Space Observing System website that records Schumann’s resonance. The Schumann resonance diagram shows data from the Earth’s magnetic field surrounding the earth.”

espqBYp.jpg 

Amazing how mass meditation can directly influence mother Earth!

Hello, please move this post to another thread or open your own topic. Sifu Terry has requested that we remain on topic as much as possible for the Flying Phoenix thread. 

Sorry about that. Thought FP practitioners may find it especially interesting since FP has such an effect on people and animals that are close, what the effects may be in a mass FP meditation. Should have added that part.

I have noticed during the lock down that the extra quiet and calm (mostly) environment around me is helping my FP, I'm more in tune with the slow movement and inner calm. Less car pollution coming through the windows is a bonus too.    

Edited by Shiva33

1 hour ago, Shiva33 said:

Sorry about that. Thought FP practitioners may find it especially interesting since FP has such an effect on people and animals that are close, what the effects may be in a mass FP meditation. Should have added that part.

I have noticed during the lock down that the extra quiet and calm (mostly) environment around me is helping my FP, I'm more in tune with the slow movement and inner calm. Less car pollution coming through the windows is a bonus too.    

While the sentiment is appreciated, a recommended group practice are Sifu Terry's streaming sessions, as noted above. 

All students are encouraged to join in at least one session! I personally happily woke up to join at 0400 my timezone to join and benefited immensely. 

• Thanks 1

Hello guys,

I practise FP now since 1 Week.

I do the #1 and #2 standing meditation in the morning and the #3 and #4 seated meditation in the evening.

Alltogether about 40mins or longer.

The things I noticed so far:

- I can feel a tingling sensation in my palms while practise

- I sometimes get in a very deep state I only know from trancework (losing the sense of body and get a very wide expanded awarness)

- My dreams are more realistic (sharper, clearer, feels like there is more energy in my dreamstate and not so dull as usual), I have more lucid dreams, I am often semi lucid and can make desicions although I am not fully lucid. I only do the practise since 1 week, but I had lucid or semi lucid dreams almost every night since. I don't know if this is really from FP, but I didn't changed anything else in my routine.

Things I hope I do get from the practise:

- having more energy and don't feel so tired throughout the day

- more peaceful and calm mind

- more positive emotions / more peacful emotions

- better digestion or stabilizing weight (I am very underweight)

Edited by Tobi
  • Like 5

On 4/7/2020 at 9:48 PM, LightShadowDao18 said:

To the FPCK Community:

This is a reminder that tomorrow and every Sunday from 4pm-6pm EST is my live-streamed 2-hour concentrated Qigong class that syngergistically combines one hour of Tao Tan Pai Basic 31 Meditations training followed by one hour of FP Qigong training.  

Here is the registration info for next session on Sunday April 19:   

• Registration URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUrfumuqTwiGdN_6IvtvhgsO_BVohFy89dR

• Zoom Meeting ID:  816-9067-7837

• Send $35 fee via Paypal to [email protected]  (or $240 for a series of 8 two-hour sessions) 

to receive the new Meeting Password tomorrow.

(*The Registration URL page above has an extensive and detailed description of the powerful combined content of the 2-hour sessions:  1 hour of Taoist Elixir Method (Tao Tan Pai) Basic 31 Meditations followed by 1 hr of FP Qigong practice.)

For those of you who aren't familiar with Tao Tan Pai  Kung Fu or TTP Qigong (the other ancient Taoist monastic Nei Kung system that I preserve, along with about 10 other 24th generation instructors), this video shows 8 of the 31 Basic Tao Tan Pai Meditations (there are 6 more higher levels to this Nei Kung system), plus the Tao Tan Pai Cane Form at the end, which is a valuable basic Kung Fu Form that I started teaching 6 years ago as prerequisite warm-up regimen before any type of Qigong practice that I teach.

(Subscribers also get ongoing access to the recordings of each Zoom session that they attend).

Be well and take care to observe all COVID-19 precautions.

Sincerely,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I came out of the fourth streaming session Sifu Terry has hosted earlier today at 1600 EST, which is 0400 my local time--and again, it was well-worth the effort of rising up early to join in today!

Honestly, I highly recommend everyone jump in to at least one or two sessions to not only learn something new such as his first hour of silk weaving exercises and Tao Tan Pai, but to deepen their Flying Phoenix practice and meet other practitioners of Flying Phoenix.

Additionally, I raised the possibility that group practice energy, which is always felt when people gather and practice FP, might be the same thing I personally felt in the stream session. I can't verify it, but it's very similar. 

Hope to see you all in another session later on. Please register in advance--those 2.5 hours of instruction and then Q and A are totally worth it. Beginners and advanced students alike will all benefit from joining sessions. 

• Like 5

Happy World Tai Chi Qigong Day to all.

This is a very last minute notice:

At the very, very last minute--and I do mean last minute: I agreed to do a presentation at  the WTCQ Day online Summit and then participate in a panel discussion with 3 other Qigong experts--Dr. George Love, "Monk" Yun Ruo, and Chunyi Lin. I've only heard of  Chunyi Lin, who's the creator Spring Forest Qigong.  Should be interesting.  This event is free to the viewership. Donations are welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/events/578677116076281/

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Hello to all in the FPCK Community,

Today I just launched a new email Newsletter providing schedules and updates on all my Livestreaming courses, classes and workshops when this pandemic ends, and a variety of information and resources about FPCK, Taoist Elxir Method Qigong, Yang Tai Chi Chuan and all the arts that I practice and teach.  Subscription is free.

This is the subscription page (just pick the $0/month, free subscription plan):

https://terencedunn.substack.com/p/coming-soon

And here is today's inaugural issue:

https://terencedunn.substack.com/p/welcome-to-our-launch

See you this afternoon at 4pm EST for Class #5 of my concentrated 2-hour Qigong For Health series, which has the accurate and detailed subtitle:   

"Tao Tan Pai + Flying Phoenix Qigong For Peak Immunity, Stamina, Stress Management, and Rapid Recovery from Fatigue and Exhaustion for First Responders"

Be well and take care to stay safe.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Sifu Terry, I wanted to comment on your roundtable with those other qigong instructors. 

George Love is a famous qigong instructor in Florida who has many qigong teachings videos on Youtube. His style to me looks a bit advanced.

The Monk is Arthur Rosenfeld who I recently became acquainted with via email and reading about him online and watching some of his interviews. He is known mainly for his tai chi work and I was surprised to find out he is also an author so I recently obtained 3 of his novels because they have to do with martial arts and I don't know of other sources for good martial arts stories. 

And you already are familiar with Chunyi Lin. I was fortunate to have my employer send me to one of his workshops to learn Spring Forest Qigong back in 2007. So that is quite a powerful group of teachers assembled for that roundtable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, centertime said:

hello is there going to be a next time?

As mentioned above in Sifu Terry's post, subscribe to the newsletter to get e-mail updates or check in on the site link to see whenever new streaming sessions occur, which are every Sunday 1600-1800 EST

We will repost from the newsletter to this thread too, but we encourage you to sign up for the public and free newsletter. 

23 hours ago, centertime said:

a little bit late for Europeans.

He's working on new schedules for European and Asian time zones.