Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

As the new year, I've been thinking about what I would like to practice next year.

I'm hoping I can get as near a definitive answer as possible to the following question.

If I can only practice for 20 minutes a day, maybe some days 20 minutes twice a day, is it worth learning/practicing Flying Phoenix?

I know more would be better, and increasing my times would be better, but would I get enough value on 20 minutes once or possibly twice a day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cosmic Soldier said:

As the new year, I've been thinking about what I would like to practice next year.

I'm hoping I can get as near a definitive answer as possible to the following question.

If I can only practice for 20 minutes a day, maybe some days 20 minutes twice a day, is it worth learning/practicing Flying Phoenix?

I know more would be better, and increasing my times would be better, but would I get enough value on 20 minutes once or possibly twice a day.

“Yes” :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Sifu Dunn for your responses to my previous questions concerning practice of meditations on Vol. 6. At the time I was unaware that these meditations were not part of FPCK. However they represent a core component of my chi kung work for the last 15 years. In fact, it was my search for a new copy of vol. 6 that led me to this site (if anyone has one they would part with please contact me). The old adage, "one door closes, another door opens," seems to be in play. I ordered and have been practicing vol. 1. Again, fantastic meditations, especially "monk bends bow" and "wind above the clouds." 

I do have a few new questions and a couple of "curiosities," I would like to share. I will try my best to keep questions focused on vol. 1 meditations. 

(1) re: monk bends bow and wind above the clouds. How many reps? Other 3 are > 5 mins.

(2) Given the intersection of FP and meridian theory, do individual meditations focus on identifiable meridians?

(3) In your previous answers you referenced a "theme" for one of the meditations. Are there themes for each of those on vol. 1?

Curiosities- Do not know other practitioners to hear of their experiences, so just tossing these out there.

(1) Every single performance of a meditation creates a truly individual experience, even after 15 yrs?

(2) My wife and I have practiced together from the beginning. Between meditations we generally have a brief exchange over the "focus" of our experience. Freakishly frequently we find our focus (e.g. lower spine) identical but our experiences individual. Is this "theme?"

Again, thank you for your answers. We incorporated them immediately. Also, will not forget to say "THANK YOU" to Fu_doggy and Sean Olmor. The proper attitude is gratitude! Thank you. miwizi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To The FP Qigong Community:

To further commemorate the 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY of this FLYING PHOENIX CHI KUNG discussion thread started by Lloyd McClelland on Dec. 4, 2009, I want  to share this recent email exchange I had with Sean Omlor, the founder/owner of www.thedaobums.com, thanking him for creating this virtual space that has furthered countless forms of eastern practices and connected hundreds of thousands--if not millions of seekers--with authentic sources and preservers of sacred martial, yogic and spiritual Knowledge--despite the fact that when it attained peak popularity far beyond any other thread in the General Discussion , verminous trolls donned sock-puppets and tried to divert traffic to scamsites that attempted to dupe and gouge the gullible to buy stolen videos of GM Doo Wai demonstrating advanced BFP Qigong Arts (that no one I can think of is ready for or can benefit from practicing) for tens of thousands of U.S. dollars (!!!  LOL)...thus causing the DB moderators to move the thread from the General Discussion section (accessible to all) to the Personal Practice Discussion where new FPCK subscribers now have to jump through several hoops and screen tests before they can post something to the FPCK thread--and where I have the liberty to delete any posting that derails the FPCK discussion in a dishonest or an unhealthy manner.  

At any rate, you'll see in my response to Sean's response, I wasn't aware that the discussions on other parts of the DB site had turned political in a tribal way (because I don't go far away from teh FPCK thread for lack of time and energy.)  Thus I told Sean that I backed his decision 200% to drop the hammer and lock out all alt-right supporters of Stable Genius from his blogsite.  Yeah, those supporters of the King of Trolls in the white house who just yesterday called the FBI "scum."  

All I can say is, the Tao Works in Mysterious Ways!

--and Happy Holidays to all:

Sifu Terry Dunn

Holiday Greetings!

Inbox
x
AIbEiAIAAABECIvA8ZL06e2nywEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bob3RvKigwODZlNGM4YjAzNTVmNTdmMDE4YzI2MmE4MWUyOGNlMWNiZWU5ZTdjMAEZ7LLtQO3Z3UqoKhcWX-RDJFQj9w?sz=80

Terence Dunn <[email protected]>

Dec 5, 2019, 5:51 PM (6 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Sean

Dear Sean,

When you have a second, please take a look at the post I just made on the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung discussion thread on your blogsite.  As of yesterday, it has been active for ten years on www.thedaobums.com.

I cannot thank you enough for creating DB and managing it so well through thick and thin, and especially these part 3 horrible years of 45's regime in D.C. in league with the international alt-right movement (ie., neo-nazism).  But, nonetheless and nevertheless, you've done a tremendously valuable service for seekers of truth through yogic sciences throughout the English-speaking world.  You should always be proud of that.

Happy Holidays,

Sincerely,

Terry Dunn

AIbEiAIAAABDCMfc9YK5iILAYyILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKDIxM2M4NzcyZTc1MTA0MWJkMDA1MTYwNzM0ZTUzOTM4MTg5Yjg5YjUwASkQZcL7rNxGodACcAQoL6jk9ehK?sz=80

Sean

Dec 8, 2019, 11:13 AM (3 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me

Ten years. Incredible!

I'm so happy that this weird little forum I upkeep could be of any benefit and I'm sincerely honored by your kind words. Humble bow.

Also, yes, I'm pretty happy that I've gone rogue and began decisively kicking out right wingers. They don't give a shit about anyone IMO and I've lost patience trying to reason with them in my old age, LOL. Hopefully it facilitates a better vibe there.

Happy Holidays to you and yours as well!

Blessings,
Sean

AIbEiAIAAABECIvA8ZL06e2nywEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bob3RvKigwODZlNGM4YjAzNTVmNTdmMDE4YzI2MmE4MWUyOGNlMWNiZWU5ZTdjMAEZ7LLtQO3Z3UqoKhcWX-RDJFQj9w?sz=80

Dec 9, 2019, 10:26 AM (2 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Sean
cleardot.gif
Sean,

You should take many more bows--humbly, only if you must-- in the face of massive thanks and gratitude that I strongly suspect every initiator of a discussion thread on TDB and all subsequent subscribers would hold and want to express to you.

Btw, I am in absolute full support of you having gone "rogue" and acting decisively to kick right wingers and alt. right trolls off the site.  But I wouldn't call what you did having  "gone rogue."  As long as you limit your expulsions to those hopeless simpletons who are diehard supporters of 45, (who by definition must love and worship the evil that grips all of Russia and him and pose the greatest existential threat to this country and the liberal democracies throughout the world) you can call it "going rogue"--or anything else you want.   Besides the fact that it is your site and you can do anything you want with it, by it's name, the TheDaoBums, the blogsite is about Taoism--and the functional definition of which is: 

"Wisdom based on deepest universal ecological awareness."  (my definition)

--and, as Hui Neng, the 6th Patriach of Buddhism and the de facto creator of the Chan or Zen school, described the means to attain and maintain wisdom as:

"Calmness (meditation) and wisdom is like a Lamp and its Light."

So why would any right-winger or any-winger who supports the alt-right and donald trump, who is nothing but a monstrous id, and therefore the ultimate ZEN-less man, and why would anyone who supports any of 45's unethical, cowardly, immoral, blasphemous, un-Constitutional, atrociously venal, and treasonous policies, actions and declarations want anything to do with this site???!!!   Political beliefs and prejudices aside, these are just HOPELESSLY STUPID people who are not interested in learning or have the capacity to learn.  And if you observe them long enough, you'll see that the only way that they can learn is by experiencing extreme paradox (usually tragic in nature)--i.e., "Instant Karma," as explained by John Lennon in his song with that name.

And as I have said both inwardly and outwardly ever since the early-1980's when faced with many types of people with all levels of intelligence, who want to study/train with me:  it's my good karma in this lifetime that I am able to quickly dismiss or avoid stupid people...because it is no use to try to teach them.  And anyone who's read Miyamoto Musashi's  "A Book of Five Rings", his elegant book on strategy that teaches what I call Martial Zen, and follows his simple and powerful 9 Precepts to attain power and enlightenment on the warrior's path to Knowledge, the Ninth precept is "Do nothing which is of no use."  And in exposing oneself trying to teach or reform stupid people, you yourself are violating that ninth precept and are being quite stupid yourself, and thus will suffer the inevitable consequences (fallout).  And all that is because of this fact:

"STUPID PEOPLE DON'T NEED TO MEDITATE...BECAUSE TO THEM, EVERYTHING IS CATHARTIC."

Quite honestly, I've not wandered far enough off from the FPCK thread to see what the alt-righters have been posting in other parts of TDB--other than a lot of binge-reading during the weeks following your announcement of your "reorganization" of the site.  I certainly agree with you  that the trumpeting by alt-right subscribers is not conducive to civil discourse or any meaningful discussion of the Spirit or of anything even remotely related to Taoism.

So may you continue to hose out your site of perverse obstructors (and worse) with exorcistic zeal in order to return Daobums to its original purpose of leading seekers to calmness (meditation) and wisdom.

Peace,

Terry

Dec 9, 2019, 10:27 AM (2 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Sean
cleardot.gif
P.S.  Besides, a certain percentage of those you've expelled from the site are no doubt Russian trolls.

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Seriously? That post is ridiculous, and it's simply going off the deep end without any justification or context, is unwarranted and has absolutely nothing to do with Qigong. I haven't read other parts of the forum only this thread, nor do I know what stable genius is past a quick google search I just did. I don't follow politics hugely and i'm not in the us, but some of my beliefs you could call 'right wing'. Which apparently makes me a nazi. Yet funny how i'm into alternative healing, Qigong, Inner Child work and many other things. It's disappointing to see such a post here.

The email exchange comes across as typical leftist looniness, as in comparing anyone who has right wing beliefs to 'nazis' which in itself shows a lack of any thinking or reasoning, just yelling nazi at everyone who disagrees with you.

Yet I bet the people who support the post above are the same ones who talk about 'tolerance' yet are the most intolorant of anyone disagreeing. If that's the way the forums going then it's already gone downhill.

It's not much of a stretch to think i'll most likely be banned for calling this out. Funnily enough banning everyone who disagrees with you, is much more nazi than alot of things you accuse everyone of being 'nazi'.

So looks like i'll just continue practicing FP by myself.

Edited by Benbeastmode
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Benbeastmode said:

Seriously? That post is ridiculous, and it's simply going off the deep end without any justification or context, is unwarranted and has absolutely nothing to do with Qigong. I haven't read other parts of the forum only this thread, nor do I know what stable genius is past a quick google search I just did. I don't follow politics hugely and i'm not in the us, but some of my beliefs you could call 'right wing'. Which apparently makes me a nazi. Yet funny how i'm into alternative healing, Qigong, Inner Child work and many other things. It's disappointing to see such a post here.

The email exchange comes across as typical leftist looniness, as in comparing anyone who has right wing beliefs to 'nazis' which in itself shows a lack of any thinking or reasoning, just yelling nazi at everyone who disagrees with you.

Yet I bet the people who support the post above are the same ones who talk about 'tolerance' yet are the most intolorant of anyone disagreeing. If that's the way the forums going then it's already gone downhill.

It's not much of a stretch to think i'll most likely be banned for calling this out. Funnily enough banning everyone who disagrees with you, is much more nazi than alot of things you accuse everyone of being 'nazi'.

So looks like i'll just continue practicing FP by myself.

You wouldn’t be banned for your beliefs, but your behavior, which is how a few members who hold such beliefs remain here by restraint of their tendency to say things like you just said.

Keep in mind that this forum belongs to Sean and this thread belongs to Sifu Terry, but they’re also open and it is Christmas time, so give yourself a chance to edit your above post as we are here to discuss Flying Phoenix and what is related to it, not hear your rant.

In this case, the above exchange with Sean and Sifu Terry was because of multiple scams and trolls who infiltrated his thread, which is why it is now his PPJ to allow more control over it and filter nonsense out.

Stick to the subject of Flying Phoenix and if you have an issue with the above, post where it is appropriate or talk with Sean himself, not here. This is Flying Phoenix, not your platform for disapproval.

And just so we are clear: if you intend to retort with, "Then why did he post that political statement above?!" it is his thread and he posts what he wants, and in the interest of this thread, Sifu Terry determines that Sean's actions to ban alt-right members is because they are one in the same to him as the scammers and weirdoes who are disrupting this thread, just like they did with the rest of the forum.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Thanks 3

You say that but that's not what i'm seeing in the initial exchange OR in this response, which is basically 'don't speak up or you'll be banned'.

Or 'it's christmas so be a good boy and just be quiet'.

And the retort you talk about is definately warranted. You can't say 'this post is here to discuss FP, not hear your rant'. And I agree, but it should also apply to Terry, who made a post not related at all, quite insulting to quite a few people and reading it several times is not just directed at some 'so called trolls'.

I appreciate FP, and what Sifu Terry is created and i've been doing it over a year.. but it doesn't mean because he's a 'master' or whatever that i'll accept that kind of post without calling out what I find insulting and unwarranted. And it's double standards to just tell me to 'stick to FP'.

And 'it's his thread to post what he wants'.. but lets see, if I opened my own thread and spoke out about the opposite then obviously the above post says i'd be banned simply for disagreeing. Too bad i've seen way too many times people disagreeing with leftist ideology and simply being called trolls and gotten rid of.

If I had come in and posted this out of nowhere you'd have a point. But no, i'm not editing my posts nor censoring myself. And if you talk about this thread, I read the WHOLE thread when I come here, and it's ridiculous to say the few trolls like Silium or something from what I remember to just be like 'oh they're alt right' 'anyone who disagrees with this is stupid, stupid people don't need to meditate' and other insulting things contained in the original post.

It all is coming across like those sjws screaming at the sky about how bad Trump is when he got in.

And just to see if I was correct, I did some searching and found this

And I seriously haven't heard such a snivelling faggot in a long time as Sean just reading half of that post. I should have known when I noticed the gender neutral bs appeared in the forum.

So great, just delete my account and my posts and i'll purge this site from my browser history.. cos THAT above thread and all this is exactly most of the things fucking up the world.

Edited by Benbeastmode
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Benbeastmode said:

You say that but that's not what i'm seeing in the initial exchange OR in this response, which is basically 'don't speak up or you'll be banned'.

Or 'it's christmas so be a good boy and just be quiet'.

And the retort you talk about is definately warranted. You can't say 'this post is here to discuss FP, not hear your rant'. And I agree, but it should also apply to Terry, who made a post not related at all, quite insulting to quite a few people and reading it several times is not just directed at some 'so called trolls'.

I appreciate FP, and what Sifu Terry is created and i've been doing it over a year.. but it doesn't mean because he's a 'master' or whatever that i'll accept that kind of post without calling out what I find insulting and unwarranted. And it's double standards to just tell me to 'stick to FP'.

And 'it's his thread to post what he wants'.. but lets see, if I opened my own thread and spoke out about the opposite then obviously the above post says i'd be banned simply for disagreeing. Too bad i've seen way too many times people disagreeing with leftist ideology and simply being called trolls and gotten rid of.

If I had come in and posted this out of nowhere you'd have a point. But no, i'm not editing my posts nor censoring myself. And if you talk about this thread, I read the WHOLE thread when I come here, and it's ridiculous to say the few trolls like Silium or something from what I remember to just be like 'oh they're alt right' 'anyone who disagrees with this is stupid, stupid people don't need to meditate' and other insulting things contained in the original post.

It all is coming across like those sjws screaming at the sky about how bad Trump is when he got in.

And just to see if I was correct, I did some searching and found this

And I seriously haven't heard such a snivelling faggot in a long time as Sean just reading half of that post. I should have known when I noticed the gender neutral bs appeared in the forum.

So great, just delete my account and my posts and i'll purge this site from my browser history.. cos THAT above thread and all this is exactly most of the things fucking up the world.

Nice knowing you. 

Back to Flying Phoenix, everyone. Don't be this guy here if you want to participate in this thread or be a member of this forum.

At this morning's FP Qigong class  at Eastover, I had veteran workshops students visiting form NYC and I tailored the practice to their relatively more advanced level, emphasizing the longest moving meditations in the FP Qigong system (standing and seated) and doing  MGM and MHPeach further ground, deepen and focus the cultivated FP Healing Qi.

I.  Warm-up

A.  Toe-circling walk

B.   Silk-Weaver's Exercise

C.   Warm-up #3 -  Alternating Snake Creeps Down Exercise from Tai Chi For Health DVDs

D.   Wave Hands Like Clouds in wide horse stance (feet paralle).

II.  Standing Flying Phoenix Qigong 

A.   Moonbeam Splashes on Water -- 2 rounds

B.   Monk Gazing At Moon

C.   Monk Holding Peach

D.   Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditatiion  (aka, Long Form Moving Meditaiton on Vol.4)

III.   Seated Monk Serves Wine Meditations

A.   22- movement Long Form seated MSW meditation  (unpublished) - 2 rounds

B.   Monk Serves Wine #10 (does not conform to numbered MSW meditation son the DVD series.)

Good practicing.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 3

Really disappointed with the political speech.

No place for me.

Also, believe it is correct to kick off people who just want to promote themselves.

I Like the descriptions of which exercises and the order in which they are presented. I try different ordering constantly.

Monk Holding Peach seems to attract me, follow it up with the long form.

In any case, this forum is one of the best things going  in the community. Congratulations and thank you to all who provide meaningful input.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I was 25 years old and in the first year of my career I worked alongside a 71 year old child psychiatrist. I figured that at her age she must by now know a thing or two about people. Plus, when I drove to work every day I had to pass by the New Hampshire state psychiatric hospital and I noticed the  the children's portion of the state hospital was named after my  co-worker. One of the first women to become a child psychiatrist in the U.S. So one day in 1973 she wanted to pass on some sagely advice. She took a drag on her cigarette and said, "young man, if you want to get along with people remember these three things: don't talk religion, don't talk politics, and don't tell anyone who you are sleeping with."

Now that I am 71 years old and have had my share of interacting with people I find that Dr. Anna Philbrook's advice still rings true. 

• Like 7

Hi, what is the minimum recommended number of repetitions for bedning the bows? I recall it being 18, is this correct, doing this many i have to say my legs get a bit sore which is strange since i stand up all day at work.

Perhaps i should do two sets of 9.

Also how does one know how much one should do as a bare minimum, is it not different for everyone?

• Like 1

Respectfully, the rabid and spastic political rants hurt the FPCK "brand" imo. I just can't imagine why anyone should invest so much energy in hating a guy who is an expert psychic vampire? It's like, wake up that's his job--to steal your energy. Now I'm supposed to want to learn a system that hasn't helped the "Master" to not act like a garden variety ignoramus when it comes to politics. Trump is a symptom of a much deeper problem and it goes beyond partisan politics. Think about it, everyone hates Trump, it's not exactly hard but perhaps avoiding getting sucked into the negativity proves difficult for the man on the street. But a Master? Come on.

I just find there's a lot of bad vibes in this thread at times and I quit FPQG because of it. I'm sorry but Terry Dunn comes across as really ungrounded in some of his postings here.  

Hopefully that helps someone. Take it as constructive criticism from a customer.

• Like 1

Kindness and benevolence. Frankness and friendliness are qualities of the basis of the Universe and that means they go a long way to cultivate our Qi. I think there are nicer ways to express our perceptions of a man who has devoted so much of his life sharing such an ancient and potent healing method during this darkest of ages, Kali Yuga. It takes goodness to recognize goodness. A true spiritual warrior exists to stamp out evil. I would not throw out the baby with the bath water.

• Like 2

Traditionally, those who trained seriously in an art--especially rare and exclusive ones like those of the Doo Wai family--one didn't just learn the techniques, you learned virtues. Sifu Terry is merely expressing the virtues of his lineages, which means he isn't interested if someone is put off by his values, it means they don't subscribe to those values he imparts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, theurgy said:

Respectfully, the rabid and spastic political rants hurt the FPCK "brand" imo. I just can't imagine why anyone should invest so much energy in hating a guy who is an expert psychic vampire? It's like, wake up that's his job--to steal your energy. Now I'm supposed to want to learn a system that hasn't helped the "Master" to not act like a garden variety ignoramus when it comes to politics. Trump is a symptom of a much deeper problem and it goes beyond partisan politics. Think about it, everyone hates Trump, it's not exactly hard but perhaps avoiding getting sucked into the negativity proves difficult for the man on the street. But a Master? Come on.

I just find there's a lot of bad vibes in this thread at times and I quit FPQG because of it. I'm sorry but Terry Dunn comes across as really ungrounded in some of his postings here.  

Hopefully that helps someone. Take it as constructive criticism from a customer.

However you choose to read Sifu Terry's wish to post his views on the political issues that hurt this forum for two years related to the Caligula of 2016 doesn't mean that Sifu Terry can't call a pile of dog shit a pile of dog shit.

Yes, a pile of dog shit is a symptom of an owner who is irresponsible and a symptom of a society that doesn't enforce rules and consequences for the shit, but there is a pile of dog shit and pretending that one can transmute it as a master into a T-bone steak means you don't understand what mastery is in the internal arts: seeing waterfalls, rocks, and trees as waterfalls, rocks, and tree, just like seeing dog shit in the White House. 

What you are expecting is a saint, but masters of the internal arts don’t need to subscribe to that view.

Back to Flying Phoenix, as we diverge from this lesson on historical limitations of training that is now easily available out of the DVD set.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 6:18 AM, BluePhoenix133 said:

Hi, what is the minimum recommended number of repetitions for bedning the bows? I recall it being 18, is this correct, doing this many i have to say my legs get a bit sore which is strange since i stand up all day at work.

Perhaps i should do two sets of 9.

Also how does one know how much one should do as a bare minimum, is it not different for everyone?

Usually people do 18, but that doesn't stop you from doing more. Doing a set of 9 isn't bad, but if you go slow enough, you can get away with much less than 9. The key from what I understand isn't the repetitions, but getting the body comfortable to move at a speed of a shifting sand dune without strain and in complete harmony. 

• Like 2

Thanks Earl, if someone could write down the minimum recommended number of reps/minutes for each meditation that would truly be great, i already have the percentages written down in a book...perhaps i should make a grimoire, if only i could illustrate to make it look cool and ...

... if only the meditations could be illustrated so you could look at that instead of the DVDs but of course that must be impossible with some of the meditations... perhaps a flick book could be made using frames from the DVDs :huh:

That is how early qigong was learned when there was no teacher around. The books had drawings of figures and then later photos.

I think that serves the purpose of memory but only after the formed is learned correctly, and once it is learned correctly there is no need for pictures. I recall my friend and I in 1979 learning tai chi from a book with photos. When we eventually showed up for a few free tai chi lessons with a live teacher we really embarrassed ourselves when he asked us to show him the form. He was kind enough not to laugh. He just said, "let me show you what tai chi is supposed to look like." Watching him do the form was like seeing a blade of grass swaying in the wind. Whereas my friend and I looked like mechanical robots. The flow of the movements can never be learned from still shot photos.

The best way I learned Flying Phoenix was to just stay with one form doing it along with the dvd until it was memorized. I had the breathing patterns written on a sheet of paper and they were eventually memorized after so many repetitions of doing the form along with the dvd. Then after doing the form solo for a week I would go back and do it along with the dvd to correct any small deviations. My guess is that some people just want to learn so many of the FP forms too quickly so they can get to the next dvd and this would make it difficult to memorize what needs to be remembered. But those people blessed with something close to a photographic visual memory are the quick learners and the lucky ones. 

• Like 3

Haha i like you analogy, i was thinking of practicing infront of a mirror with my laptop in front of me that might help. Although doing these form imperfectly you still get benefits.

I have tried the golden flying phoenix sitting meditations, very subtle in places but when you do it right it almost seems like you catch the chi or find it...not sure how im ever going to remember those forms though.

I have said this before, it seems to me to be impossible for one man, such as Doo Wai, to have memorized all of those forms from his family lineage. I just do not believe it is humanly possible to do that considering that he also had to memorize a different breathing pattern for each form. And there are levels upon levels of his tradition. And that is just for the chi kung forms. He also mastered Kung Fu. It would be interesting to ask him directly how he accomplished such a feat considering that he was not raised in a temple. 

I never strive for perfection when I learn any chi kung form. I strive for doing it to the best of my ability. I think the pressure of learning anything perfectly would actually choke the flow of chi, messing up the Yi.

If you ever get the chance to do the golden flying phoenix you will be impressed by some of the movements he does, however i find it confusing because of the way he is sitting and what he is wearing it is hard to tell where his dan tien is. When he puts his right hand in left it seems to be at belly button level.

Also when he does willow leaf palm the lower arm is not at dan tien level but just below or level to the other arm, but i guess thats just how the form is.

I know what you mean. I have some of his sitting meds and I have not even bothered to learn them because there is just too many unknowns with his purely demo videos probably created just for the students he taught in person as reminders of the forms. I am not sure what the Golden Flying Phoenix series is however. I have his seated ones from the San Gong series. I think that is the name of them. Or San Yee Gong perhaps. 

• Like 1

Its just one DVD with three meds, all with the same breath sequence 50 40 30 20 10. The first med is called cloud in heaven, the other two im not sure because its so distorted.... its kinda of funny his voice sounds demonic in parts.

So greatful for being able to practice these meditations pity i cant thank him in person.

Edited by BluePhoenix133
  • Like 1

Possibly it is a case of "lost Questions, " possibly it's a case of inappropriate questions, " possibly it is a case of my impatience. However the take away is the same. no info concerning my questions. I am both new to this blog and to blogs in general, leaving me little direction on obtaining new info. I will repost my questions and hope for the best. Thanks to all, for all. miwizi

Thank you Sifu Dunn for your responses to my previous questions concerning practice of meditations on Vol. 6. At the time I was unaware that these meditations were not part of FPCK. However they represent a core component of my chi kung work for the last 15 years. In fact, it was my search for a new copy of vol. 6 that led me to this site (if anyone has one they would part with please contact me). The old adage, "one door closes, another door opens," seems to be in play. I ordered and have been practicing vol. 1. Again, fantastic meditations, especially "monk bends bow" and "wind above the clouds." 

I do have a few new questions and a couple of "curiosities," I would like to share. I will try my best to keep questions focused on vol. 1 meditations. 

(1) re: monk bends bow and wind above the clouds. How many reps? Other 3 are > 5 mins.

(2) Given the intersection of FP and meridian theory, do individual meditations focus on identifiable meridians?

(3) In your previous answers you referenced a "theme" for one of the meditations. Are there themes for each of those on vol. 1?

Curiosities- Do not know other practitioners to hear of their experiences, so just tossing these out there.

(1) Every single performance of a meditation creates a truly  unique experience, even after 15 yrs?

(2) My wife and I have practiced together from the beginning. Between meditations we generally have a brief exchange over the "focus" of our experience. Freakishly frequently we find our focus (e.g. lower spine) identical but our experiences individual. Is this "theme?"

Again, thank you for your answers. We incorporated them immediately. Also, will not forget to say "THANK YOU" to Fu_doggy and Sean Olmor. The only proper attitude is gratitude! Thank you. miwizi

•  
  • Like 1