Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Thank you Sifu Terry for the encouragement. I am very happy about this and really didn't expect it just a few minutes into my first session! It is lovely and makes the practise all the more magical :) it is so weird!

• Like 1

Hi, i recall reading earlier in this thread people mentioning entities, i was wondering if practicing the FP in anyway can protect you from such entities. I myself have been having to deal with some rather negative entities the last few years, they have probably been with me my whole life but i only came to be fully aware of what was going on two years ago. I wont bother going into detail.

Any way i came across this movie, @1:14 into the film this guy talks about an experience he had, he ended up seeing an entity but it was not negative in fact it had a blue aura, was peaceful and was making his friend laugh. Sound familiar?

I find it a coincidence that the lady telling her story just before him has a you tube account that is called phoenix rising.

http://putlocker3.com/movies/the-nightmare-2015/

I couldn't help but think the 8ft tall demon with glowing red eyes was awesome and i love the red eyed demon cat, made me laugh.

Hi Blue Phoenix,

I can only answer this part of your question:

i was wondering if practicing the FP in anyway can protect you from such entities. I myself have been having to deal with some rather negative entities the last few years, they have probably been with me my whole life but i only came to be fully aware of what was going on two years ago.

Answer:  It all depends on what you mean by "such entities".  And it all depends on how strong or weak that entity is.  Just as there are strong human beings and weak human beings (physically and emotionally), there are strong and weak spirits, or to use a technical term, discorporated or disembodied entities--ghosts, in other words.  Some are relatively harmless in their negativity; others can be very dangerous and even deadly to unaware humans.

If you are certain that negative or malevolent entities are following you around and have been for the past two years, as you say, you should find a priest or a spiritualist and see about having those entities dismissed or exorcised, if indeed they are actual verifiable entities, and not a product of delusion or paranoia (not to say that yours are either).

The only thing that I will say about Flying Phoenix Qigong's protective effects is quite basic:  Practicing FP Qigong--because it promotes excellent health and strong immunity and freedom from common illnesses-- will certainly protect you against low and lowest-level negative spirits who prey on humans with diseases, addictive personalties, and weak immune systems, and the usual depression, low-self-esteem and negative attitude towards life that comes with relative sickness--as opposed to confidence, positive attitude and expectations in life that come from being healthy, seeing Reality for what it is, and having a productive life-style.

FP Qigong training taken together with Bok Fu Pai Training as Sifu Garry Hearfield teaches it--or any complete and legitimate kung fu system--will certainly increase your natural defenses to a substantial degree against "negative discorporated entities."

Completing training in the Tao Tan Pai system (Taoist Elixir Method) --which is a formidable undertaking--will not only protect you against many types of entities but  also train one to dispel, dismiss, banish, and exorcise.

BP, since you say that you've become aware of these trailing entities over the past 2 years and believe that they've been following you for a longer period, I would recommend reading Dion Fortune's book "Psychic Self-Defense".  It's a seminal primer on the title subject.  And the advice given in that book works on many, many levels.

Good luck.  Keep up with your FP Qigong training, stay strong, and don't let any low level demons (in the flesh or off-the-earth get you down.  They can be dealt with.

Regards,

Sifu Terence Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Sifu Terry,

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions in detail - I'll let this train of conversation end there so the discussion can go back to a more practical basis as you requested.

Just wanted to say that re: the breath percentages, I certainly wasn't encouraging anyone to experiment in that regard (or planning on doing so myself), just hoping to gain a deeper understanding of the exact function of the breath sequences and role that they play in distinguishing the FPCK system and the unique energy/effects it creates from other yogic systems.

Aaron,

"...just hoping to gain a deeper understanding of the exact function of the breath sequences and role that they play in distinguishing the FPCK system and the unique energy/effects it creates from other yogic systems."

This type of understanding that you hoping to gain through asking questions is what can only be had by becoming proficient and developing real healing capabilities through diligent, persevering practice of the FP Qigong-- aiming towards mastery, AND then also becoming proficient in "other yogic systems" so that you can personally experience and naturally know the difference--instead of taking someone else's word for it--even mine.

"The only real truth is the experienced truth."

--one of my teachers somewhere along my Path.

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 3

Completing training in the Tao Tan Pai system (Taoist Elixir Method) --which is a formidable undertaking--will not only protect you against many types of entities but  also train one to dispel, dismiss, banish, and exorcise.

Dear Sifu Terry

Could you please explain what are all the stages required to make it up to such a level, how many people actually get there and how long on average they take?

Also, is it okay for me to focus for as long as I can on one exercise of Level 1 at a time for a prolonged time ? (with warm-ups of course)

I was thinking of doing each of the 5 for a month or so before moving on to the next one. Keeping the previous one(s) but for a much shorter time and doing the next one for long for another month, then the first two for a shorter time and the third for longer for a month and so on until I have concentrated on all this way. Or should I just do the whole DVD each time.

I have another question. I had never thought of healing and martial arts being learnt as one wholistic practice in the long run. Forgive my ignorance, but thanks to you I have been reading a lot and it appears to me that kung fu is not just about self-defence and fighting, it is complete? I read somewhere that it is all a question of learning to recycle energy and one completes the other. Does this mean that the martial aspect is inevitably to be learnt by an aspiring healer if (s)he wants to get very far ahead? Even if one day I practise healing, will it be in my best interest to eventually take up kung fu? Or am I getting mixed up with definitions and it is so broad that the line gets very thin somewhere along the path and all exercises ultimately aim at one (broadly speaking) final ideal result - mastering of energies? I am just trying to get an idea of this because I also read your words making a distinction between healing chi and martial chi, it is all slightly confusing.

I guess if one makes it that far, one has all the time in the world to ask questions from a clearer perspective and it is no use trying to understand too much right now, is it? Like what you said about knowing through practise?

I guess another scenario is that people may "branch off" once they are satisfied that they have found the exercises that feed their aim and don't necessarily need to go further than a certain point.

Funny, yesterday I saw a thick, impressive blue aura and today nothing. But no worries, it is only the 4th day :)

thanks and best wishes

Edited by Astral_butterfly
  • Like 1

Thank you for the reply i really do appreciate it.

Trying not to go into too much detail here as i don't want to side track this thread, the entity i saw two years ago appeared when i was finally overcoming a certain addiction, always get allot of attacks when im making progress against this addiction. I had gone longer than ever this time and one morning i woke up in sleep paralysis with a grey alien standing at the foot of my bed, is this a demon or is it an alien...what the hell do you class this thing.

Also i think i have a succubus/incubus messing with me...apart from the sexual imagery that i was being bombarded with and also feeling like something other than my own imagination was at play i actually woke up and felt like something was trying to pull my boxers down lol. Absurd as that sounds it was what i experienced, i feel bad now because an old friend years ago said a ghost touched his bum haha i thought that was funny but in hindsight he probably wasn't joking. 

So i don't know how the entities are connected i can only speculate do a bit of research, there have been other  experiences. I generate allot of blissful chi like sensation in my arm and hands. As i was waking up this one time it felt like my left arm was being drained, my eyes were still closed and i saw what looked like a reptilian in what i guess was the astral realm because of the trippy colors, it had a perverted grin on its face. Now i was still waking up so i can imagine that particular experience could have been my imagination...the other two especially the grey alien no.

I thought by overcoming these entities and spreading light into this world would be a good form of revenge, not that this is my only motivation. But practicing an actual system which allows me to banish them and help others sounds great. Of course i wont get ahead of myself, then again i do have an over abundance of fire hard not to get carried away sometimes :P

Another thing that gets me is the strange behavior of some people like they are possessed, makes me wonder how much people are manipulated by negative entities, its like im living in the twilight zone. I can imagine los Angeles is ripe with them, ironic.

Oh as for practicing Chinese martial arts im not sure i can find any where i live, colchester uk, apart from tai chi, wing chun and JKD. I want to start attending tai chi chuen classes, there is the taoist tai chi society near where i live.

In my career as a transpersonal type psychotherapist I have treated people with addictions who did have negative energy entities which effected all the areas that Sifu Terry described in a previous post above. The drugs and alcohol create openings in the aura and that is where the entities enter, I have been told. Some of the entities were addicts before they died, so in the astral realm they are seeking to get high again, this time by entering someone else's energy field, once again, this is what I have been taught.

I also have first hand experience with this from over 40 years ago when I was just doing Transcendental Meditation for a few days and I ignored the warning  from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, founder of TM, when he said never meditate when you have just smoked marijuana. Soon after that one experience of pot plus meditation my thinking changed and there were some things about me that just had not been part of me before. However, at the time I did not recognize this had any connection to entity attachment until 3 years later when some friends told me about this psychic in Nebraska who did Mercy Release to get rid of entities. I mailed my request and the service was done and I experienced all of the changes that she told me would happen. I experienced the positive changes before I read her report on my situation. There is a well known Qigong master, Jenny Lamb,

who offers entity removal. The problem is that she is expensive and at times she recommends the person needs to come in person to her home in Colorado for a week of treatment. I just throw this out there. I do not know anyone personally who has tried her service but the testimonials are good. I sporadically have done her Yi Gong method and it is one of the most powerful things my medical intuitive ever tested in his career. A static position that results in so much chi flow that your body parts move on their own. As some readers know, I am not very sensitive to most subtle energies so I do not usually have experiences from energy work. But in the case of Yi Gong, I was shaking and baking!

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 4

Well there you go Tao Stillness. Whilst I may have great results from Flying Phoenix, the yigong posture did zero for me. I even went to workshops and practice workgroups but zilch happened. I tried it because it had dramatic results for lots of people but despite repeated attempts it did nothing for me! I tried it from Max Christensen's teaching, through an instructor locally. Apparently it is the same posture.

Incidentally apparenty he is good at working out entities too but I cannot certify this.

• Like 1

Aaron,

"...just hoping to gain a deeper understanding of the exact function of the breath sequences and role that they play in distinguishing the FPCK system and the unique energy/effects it creates from other yogic systems."

This type of understanding that you hoping to gain through asking questions is what can only be had by becoming proficient and developing real healing capabilities through diligent, persevering practice of the FP Qigong-- aiming towards mastery, AND then also becoming proficient in "other yogic systems" so that you can personally experience and naturally know the difference--instead of taking someone else's word for it--even mine.

"The only real truth is the experienced truth."

--one of my teachers somewhere along my Path.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Solid advice, I'll keep it in mind - thanks. I have a tendency to get carried away intellectualizing things occasionally :P

To Astral Butterfly,

I have been instructed in Jenny Lamb's Yi Gong and years later I have been instructed during a Skype session with Max for his Kunlun version of Yi Gong. Max has changed the hand position and thus it is not the same as Yi Gong and I never had any spontaneous movement from his Kunlun method so I gave it up quickly. I also found that Yi Gong worked almost 100 percent of the time when I did it while sitting in my Ken Edwards/Patrick Flanagan Nubian pyramid. But when I would do it over the years without the chi from the pyramid it would be hit and miss. The nice thing about Flying Phoenix Chi Kung is that the strong chi flow can be felt usually each time it is done, no hit and miss with that method.

• Like 4

To Astral Butterfly,

I have been instructed in Jenny Lamb's Yi Gong and years later I have been instructed during a Skype session with Max for his Kunlun version of Yi Gong. Max has changed the hand position and thus it is not the same as Yi Gong and I never had any spontaneous movement from his Kunlun method so I gave it up quickly. I also found that Yi Gong worked almost 100 percent of the time when I did it while sitting in my Ken Edwards/Patrick Flanagan Nubian pyramid. But when I would do it over the years without the chi from the pyramid it would be hit and miss. The nice thing about Flying Phoenix Chi Kung is that the strong chi flow can be felt usually each time it is done, no hit and miss with that method.

Thanks for this clarification Tao Stillness :) it helps me understand and not feel like there is something wrong with me for not feeling it!

Yes I am happy with FP too

BEWARE OF KAMMTTHANA!!   MORE DANGEROUS THAN DAESH!

“We do believe that Kammaṭṭhāna currently possesses the means to inflict widespread balance in the collective subconscious of an American city. However, we are doing absolutely everything in our power to prevent that from happening.” -- Sec. of Homeland Security Rand Beers

“The danger of total enlightenment is very real,” Beers added. “And we must be prepared.”

This extremist Buddhist sect is truly "extremist" because of its extreme confidence and faith in its power to spread higher consciousness through the most invasive and virulent weapons known to man: meditation, also known as quiet sitting. These radical meditators have threatened to "bring about the end to all Western pain and anxiety, to all destructive cravings, to all greed, delusion, and misplaced desire", and most ominously, Kammatthana has singled out the United States for its “blatant disregard of karmic balance within the universe” and vows to bring the "entire United States to its knees in deep meditation.”

SO BEWARE OF TIBETANS IN OCHRE-COLORED ROBES AND SANDALS CARRYING A SINGLE PINK LOTUS FLOWER!!! IMMEDIATELY REPORT ANYONE FITTING THIS DESCRIPTION TO THE POLICE, FBI, AND DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY--OTHERWISE YOU WILL SUFFER PERSONAL APOTHEOSIS ("DIVINIZATION") OF THE MOST THOROUGH KIND!!! 

But never fear: President Obama has already dispatched a fleet of Predator drones to bomb their sanctuary in Tibet. We'll see how their samadhic state and higher jhana's deal with Hellfire missiles homing in (courtesy of Raytheon) on their incense, bells and chanting.

http://www.theonion.com/article/buddhist-extremist-cell-vows-to-unleash-tranquilit-34623

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi Sifu Terry

Just another one please.

I have a problem with tiredness. I had done one week at the office at lunchtime in a meeting room. It went very well. But after that I couldn't make it because I was snowed under with work.

At home, I get up at 5:45 as it is, to get my child and I ready for the day and if I want to do FP at home I would have to get up at 4h30. In the evening I cook and clean and look after my child till I collapse (my husband works from 6:30am to 8pm on average so he can't help me). You did say it is not good to do when tired, but will it be of any use at all if I get up extra early every morning? Or will progress just be slower?

I do recall you said to do it at the same time every day so I have to make up my mind because for me it is FP or nothing. And I can't stand the idea of nothing, I have to progress!!!

I have so much to wrap up at work because I have to close all my projects what with it being year-end and all the invoicing going with it! No way I can commit to doing it at lunch every day under these circumstances!

So can I do my 4:30 wake-up and still succeed?

Thank you!

A_B

Edited by Astral_butterfly
  • Like 1

i will say that in grad school  40 yrs ago  i found that regular tai ji practice increased my energy level making it seem that i was more effective in the time i was working  i believe that FPCK  if practiced with attention  to  your  energy might well act in a similar manner ...  don't over do ...

• Like 4

There's also the "waker upper" (MSW3), maybe you could open with it to give you a boost of energy so you can then focus more fully on the rest of your practice?  Although I'm not sure what the effect of using it regularly to compensate for lack of sleep would be.

• Like 3

Flying Phoenix under worst possible circumstances (right after dinner, dead tired, stressed out, crappy focus etc.), is still great Chi Kung. This is certanly not true for all styles.

If you do what you can in the weeks, shorter sessions when you find time, and longer sessions to reach saturation in the weekends, there is room for progress. This has been true for me.

If you persevere, the exercises on the third and fourth dvd´s are more concentrated and requires less time.

Good luck!

• Like 3

To astral butterfly, in one of my previous posts months ago I talked about times when I was only able to get a few hours of sleep but had this chi infused tea from a chi kung master calling her system Qinway Qigong. When I drank that tea I did not feel any tiredness during the work day and I felt lots of energy. So in your situation, I would get up earlier to do the FP if I had that tea since I would not be tired at work, so I could afford to give up one hour of sleep. I have also mentioned in previous posts that FP takes more time to do than other methods of chi kung that I have done and therefore I have not had the time to continue with it. There are other chi kung methods that are powerful and healing and take very little time. I suggest this in case anyone would think that if they cannot do FP, then they would not be able to do chi kung at all. The other side of the coin is that with the other chi kung methods I have not felt that unique envelope of chi that surrounds the hands and arms and feels like I am cutting through water on some of the movements, or my hand when moving feels this resistance of a cloud of energy which I have felt regularly from FP.

I recently retired from my career and thought I would now have hours a day to devote to chi kung. I was very wrong about that since I now have a family for the first time and therefore my time is not my time due to the demands of a household. Feel free to PM me for details if you so desire.

• Like 2

Hi Sifu Terry. How does FP clear out blockages and stagnant energy in the traditional sense of TCM? To elaborate, many of the medical qigong systems deal with the free flowing of qi through the various meridian channels of the body. As a result their forms often have breathing synchronized with various hand movements. Dragon & Tiger Medical Qigong is a perfect example of this synchronization where each hand movement is actually tracing a major meridian.

But so far with my training in FP, the postures are primarily static and when the hands do move they don't necessarily follow the main meridians of the body. I was hoping you would be able to elaborate on how FP accomplishes healing.

Thanks.

Edited by yuyumonk

Really enjoyable question and I look forward to the answer from Sifu Terry.

I recall more than once on this thread Sifu Terry stating that Flying Phoenix does not follow the precepts of TCM, it works differently.

Dear Astral Butterfly,

Looks like you are living through your horse years :-)

Bending the Bows  provides real "horse power" for your assistance during the day, and can be a valuable investment against fatigue.

I am saying investment, because it takes some time to fully manifest.

Just sparing 30 minutes in each morning, and doing it diligently for at least a couple of months will start to bring  a radiant, light and powerful physical structure. The initial discomforts come due to incorrect posture, but pain is a good teacher and will help you find the correct posture, and also you will have the FPCK energy as your guide from the start. 

Just persevere, and try to be as light, relaxed and alert during the exercise, and do it every day if possible. You might not need any other meditation for some time.

I wish you the very best, and good luck.

Edited by cihan
  • Like 3

To astral butterfly, in one of my previous posts months ago I talked about times when I was only able to get a few hours of sleep but had this chi infused tea from a chi kung master calling her system Qinway Qigong. When I drank that tea I did not feel any tiredness during the work day and I felt lots of energy. So in your situation, I would get up earlier to do the FP if I had that tea since I would not be tired at work, so I could afford to give up one hour of sleep. I have also mentioned in previous posts that FP takes more time to do than other methods of chi kung that I have done and therefore I have not had the time to continue with it. There are other chi kung methods that are powerful and healing and take very little time. I suggest this in case anyone would think that if they cannot do FP, then they would not be able to do chi kung at all. The other side of the coin is that with the other chi kung methods I have not felt that unique envelope of chi that surrounds the hands and arms and feels like I am cutting through water on some of the movements, or my hand when moving feels this resistance of a cloud of energy which I have felt regularly from FP.

I recently retired from my career and thought I would now have hours a day to devote to chi kung. I was very wrong about that since I now have a family for the first time and therefore my time is not my time due to the demands of a household. Feel free to PM me for details if you so desire.

Thank you very much for this, I am really grateful for any help. I will pm you!!!

A_B

Dear Astral Butterfly,

Looks like you are living through your horse years :-)

Bending the Bows  provides real "horse power" for your assistance during the day, and can be a valuable investment against fatigue.

I am saying investment, because it takes some time to fully manifest.

Just sparing 30 minutes in each morning, and doing it diligently for at least a couple of months will start to bring  a radiant, light and powerful physical structure. The initial discomforts come due to incorrect posture, but pain is a good teacher and will help you find the correct posture, and also you will have the FPCK energy as your guide from the start. 

Just persevere, and try to be as light, relaxed and alert during the exercise, and do it every day if possible. You might not need any other meditation for some time.

I wish you the very best, and good luck.

Thank you very much Cihan!! very good to know this!

Are the 30 minutes inclusive of the warm-up or should one do the warm-ups and do the bending the bows excercise for 30 minutes?