Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

PRACTICE RECOMMENDATION FOR ALL FP QIGONG PRACTITIONERS--BEGINNERS AND VETERANS ALIKE:

Practice the first seated "warm-up" meditation on Volume 2 of the Chi Kung For Health series for 30 minutes (with breathing sequence 5 60 80 40 30.

• Hold the "Monk Gazing At Moon" upper body posture for 5 minutes.

•Then begun the slow--very slow--"tweaking" of the forearms so that the palms turn 45 degrees away from you and then 45 degrees towards your face.

• Continue this for 25 minutes.

• Remember to end the mediation with 3 deep breathes.

I recently taught this meditation in this manner to my Tai Chi class and will do it again tomorrow. I can thus predict with confidence that if you do this meditation in this manner on a regular basis, you will make profound and healthful breakthroughs in your practice.

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 7

Sifu Terry, Thanks for the answers, they really help a lot. Unfortunately I have to stop most of the exercises for some time because and old back problem has come to the surface due to too much strain on my back. I'm quite sad about that but don't have another choice than taking proper rest. I hope to pick up FP as soon as possible again and keep going. Thanks again for all the insightful answers and your time spend here on the forums. Enjoy your day, Ben

Hi Ben,

I too have back issues and empathise with your struggle. Practising the third meditation on disc two (50-10-50) of the FP series (seated meditations) and also applying the earth posture and monk begs for rice postures to your routine my help as well. These steps have greatly helped my back issues while still maintaining the half-lotus posture. Since these are postures that hold the hands low, the pressure is off of the upper/middle back and can allow a person to keep focus on correct back form and being centered.

Best regards,

Robb

• Like 1

Hello Robb,

Thanks for you kind reply. Yeah back issues are really a pain to deal with.

In my case it seems to be a pinched nerve that is hard to get rid of. Sciatica comes and goes and sitting for longer periods is difficult but it's slowly improving.

I don't ever want to deal with this again so once my back is better I will take very good care of it so my practise never has to suffer again.

Many of the FP exercises really help train the right muscles for a strong and healthy back and do seem to help a lot with the alignment of the body so you can't really go wrong with them :)

I'm really excited to start learning Tai Chi as well in the near future when I'm able to.

Thanks again for the encouragement and whoever else is reading this : enjoy your day and don't forget to smile :)

Ben

• Like 1

I would like to share a typical routine which I practise daily. In the fall, this routine will incorporate the Tai Chi Ruler, which will be a wonderful addition.

"Morning"

[Warm-up]
-
Standing 1 min
Shoulder with stance 1 min
Wu Chi 5 min

Each session alternating warm-ups from disc one or disc three of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung
-

[standing Chi Kung]
-
One shoulder width standing meditation : [10-15min]
Monk Gazes at the Moon
Monk Holds the Pearl

One wide horse stance basic meditation:
Bending the Bows
Monk Holds Peach [10-15min]
Wind Above the Clouds x3

One Intermediate standing meditation:
Wind Through the Treetops x2
Moonbeam Splashes on the Water

Advanced Flying Phoenix meditation (What is the name of this form?)
-

One round of Tai Chi Chuan (Yang Style):
Short Form (Left/Right)
Long Form (Left/Right)

[seated Chi Kung]
-
One seated meditation warm-up (5 min):
earth posture
monk begs for rice
holding the ball left
holding the ball right
willow leaf palm left
willow leaf palm right
palms towards heaven
taoist prayer

One to two seated meditations (from Flying Phoenix Disc 2):
Meditation 1-3 (traversing per session)
Monk Serves Wine 1-3 (traversing per session)
-

"Evening"

[seated Chi Kung]
-
One seated meditation warm-up (5 min)

Advanced Monk Serves Wine 1
-

When time is pressing in the morning, a shorter routine is performed as follows:

Warm-ups (as listed above)

Advanced Flying Phoenix Meditation

One round of Tai Chi Chuan (as listed above)

One seated Flying Phoenix meditation from disc 2

• Like 1

PRACTICE RECOMMENDATION FOR ALL FP QIGONG PRACTITIONERS--BEGINNERS AND VETERANS ALIKE:

Practice the first seated "warm-up" meditation on Volume 2 of the Chi Kung For Health series for 30 minutes (with breathing sequence 5 60 80 40 30.

•Then begun the slow--very slow--"tweaking" of the forearms so that the palms turn 45 degrees away from you and then 45 degrees towards your face.

I recently taught this meditation in this manner to my Tai Chi class and will do it again tomorrow. I can thus predict with confidence that if you do this meditation in this manner on a regular basis, you will make profound and healthful breakthroughs in your practice.

Sifu Terry Dunn

This has been more of a challenge than i expected. There have been more than the usual number of interruptions of this meditation... what does that have to do with anything? I have only completed 4 sessions. Was unable to hold/execute the forearm tweeking movement for 13 - 15 min the first couple of times ... shoulders gave out. Finally today I managed a 30 minute session although that included the 5 min breath regulating session. So in fact I was 5 min short of the half hour session as described by Sifu ...

Maybe tomorrow I will complete a 'full' practice of this interesting challenge.

charlie

• Like 1

nailed it 30 min practice >>> now I just need to do about 30 days consistently to see where it leads.

must comment ... for me there has been nothing as powerful nor as quick acting as the standing long form FP. I continue to have intense sessions both right side and mirror image with this power house practice. The flow of qi still guides those sessions and intention focused on the dantien breath/storage is just unexcelled. If you keep following FPCK disk 4 is the ultimate.

do it twice a day ... every day

along with your tai chi or nei gong

thanks Sifu Terry Dunn!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Thank you Sifu Terry Dunn for this recommendation. I tried it for the full 30 minutes and "endured" it the first time. But I have to be honest, it was rather difficult for me, because after about 20 minutes my shoulder and arm muscles were a little bit sore and aching. Maybe I will try 15 minutes sessions before adding up to 30 minute sessions.

I have also a question, which I hope might not have been already asked somewhere here: Do I have to do the breath sequence again after one repetition of "Wind above the clouds", or can I just go on doing more repetitions?

Best greetings,

Julian

Dear Sifu Terry

I recently saw a post on facebook where you mentioned FP as a means to immortality.

Is this to say the FP system cultivates the light body ( Rainbow body , golden dragon body) ?

Edited by Shen-Joy Self healing
  • Like 1

I would like to share a typical routine which I practise daily. In the fall, this routine will incorporate the Tai Chi Ruler, which will be a wonderful addition.

"Morning"

[Warm-up]

-

Standing 1 min

Shoulder with stance 1 min

Wu Chi 5 min

Each session alternating warm-ups from disc one or disc three of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

-

[standing Chi Kung]

-

One shoulder width standing meditation : [10-15min]

Monk Gazes at the Moon

Monk Holds the Pearl

One wide horse stance basic meditation:

Bending the Bows

Monk Holds Peach [10-15min]

Wind Above the Clouds x3

One Intermediate standing meditation:

Wind Through the Treetops x2

Moonbeam Splashes on the Water

Advanced Flying Phoenix meditation (What is the name of this form?)

-

One round of Tai Chi Chuan (Yang Style):

Short Form (Left/Right)

Long Form (Left/Right)

[seated Chi Kung]

-

One seated meditation warm-up (5 min):

earth posture

monk begs for rice

holding the ball left

holding the ball right

willow leaf palm left

willow leaf palm right

palms towards heaven

taoist prayer

One to two seated meditations (from Flying Phoenix Disc 2):

Meditation 1-3 (traversing per session)

Monk Serves Wine 1-3 (traversing per session)

-

"Evening"

[seated Chi Kung]

-

Advanced Monk Serves Wine 1

-

When time is pressing in the morning, a shorter routine is performed as follows:

Warm-ups (as listed above)

Advanced Flying Phoenix Meditation

One round of Tai Chi Chuan (as listed above)

One seated Flying Phoenix meditation from disc 2

This has been more of a challenge than i expected. There have been more than the usual number of interruptions of this meditation... what does that have to do with anything? I have only completed 4 sessions. Was unable to hold/execute the forearm tweeking movement for 13 - 15 min the first couple of times ... shoulders gave out. Finally today I managed a 30 minute session although that included the 5 min breath regulating session. So in fact I was 5 min short of the half hour session as described by Sifu ...

Maybe tomorrow I will complete a 'full' practice of this interesting challenge.

charlie

Good Work, Charlie!

It was precisely because I remembered that doing this "Basic" preparatory FP seated meditation is so demanding and does much to release internal tensions in the body mass that I was moved to recommend its practice for 30 minutes. I remember that when I first did this one and the 50 30 10 preparatory meditation (involving the raising and lowering of the arms similar to the first movement of Tai Chi--but done at super-slow, "sand dune" speed), in the first week of daily practice, it was quite painful and even excruciating! But then come the second week of daily practice and all was frictionless and the very definition of corporeal BLISS! In other words, y'all out there who haven't done 30 Minutes of the Seated, Forearm-Tweaking Version of Monk Gazing At Moon, it's time to do it. And don't be wimps, for it gets better...much better.

Best to All,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Sorry Si Hing, Haven't been on here :) feels good lol

Its true what you wrote about SYG & FP unless you have done both there is no way to tell but we can only go off the teaching methods for instance 18 levels 4 stages a per level starting with a seated static, standing static, standing moving small that is repeated then longer set. So its very Tao in its progression from stillness & mind work in static then to find the stillness during the moving meditations. Like a baby needs foundation to stand then walk…. :)

Hope everyones doing good and becoming their own FP?

Regards

Sifu Garry

That's OK, Sihing Garry. Welcome back! I've been extensively buried these past many weeks in new work endeavors. So good to see your posting and what I take as a reminder:

Thank you, Si-hing, for putting the all-important mundane-and-cosmic question in such straightforward terms:

"Is everyone becoming their own Flying Phoenix?"

--i.e., is everyone training seriously hard enough so that everyone is literally becoming and manifesting the healing, enlightening, and yes, APOTHEOSIZING yogic process we call Flying Phoenix Spiritual Mastery or Work ("Fei Feng San Gung")? First sign of development is the visible bright blue aura around your body that will show up on a video camera (especially old fashioned videotape!).

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S. There are very few complete yogic arts available today where this phrase is functional and meaningful: "Practice makes perfect." --And functional on the spiritual level as well.

Edited by zen-bear

Sifu Terry Dunn

When applying this meditation, it normally takes me forty minutes to complete from breathing sequence to the finishing of thirty repetitions. Is it true to assume that these meditations are to be completed as slow as possible, even slower than seen on the video? My general inward feeling is to perform them so very slow, almost to the point of being visually difficult to see any movement.

• Like 1

Dear Sifu Terry

I recently saw a post on facebook where you mentioned FP as a means to immortality.

Is this to say the FP system cultivates the light body ( Rainbow body , golden dragon body) ?

Dear Shen-Joy,

Thank you for your question. My meaning of that post was to remind all that Flying PHoenix Celestial Healng Qigong is a complete Qigong and Meditative system that besides ensuring health and longevity will facilitate one's spiritual evolution towards At-One-Ment with the Universal Power or Godhead, if that is one's predilection and karma. Whereas new age calisthenics--what I call "downstream hokum©" made up by hacks calling themselves "masters" and "modern Chi experts" are not only useless, but their bologna-combined-with-Cheez Whiz belief systems and philosophical sewage promising enlightenment and immortality attached to the useless exercises will set earnest seekers and students of the Tao backwards, waste their time and resources, delay and prevent the realization of their genetic talent and their spiritual potential, and perhaps even shorten their lives as opposed to prolong them.

Attaining "immortality" in the Taoist sense of the word or Complete Liberation and and becoming a Buddha is not a matter of doing this yoga or that Qigong exercise. As my first spiritual teacher and occasionally visiting ally, the late John Davidson, former senior student of Share K. Lew, stated (posted earlier on this thread):

"The wrong person with the right exercise will still come to no good end (--nor will he be able to manifest the full potential of the exercise). But the right person even with the wrong (or incomplete) exercise, will still (be guided to) make it work and become empowered."

Attaining Immortality--however one wants to describe it: attaining sainthood in western spiritual traditions, becoming an "Immortal" in Taoism, or an "Arhat" and "Bodhisattva" in Buddhism--in the eyes of God is determined and attained by one's Works and sacrifices made to perform those Works during one's lifetimes--the latter being absolutely essential because it is the only way that one attains spiritual assistance from the other side during one's lifetime from spirits one has helped and healed, one's ancestors, allies, karmic guides, and greater Powers. In the Chinese martial tradition, those spiritual allies are the past generations of masters/"lineage holders" and in the case of monastic traditions, the guardians of their temples.

For there are many high-level masters, and I have come across more than a couple in the past 40 years (-and all in southern California, as a matter fo fact) who with truly awesome and formidable metaphysical powers, chose the dark path--to do evil-- and utilized their highly cultivated powers to serve their own selfish and pathetically mundane and churlish goals dictated by their glandular systems.

It's taken me 2/3 of my life to understand from had-won experience that anyone can make a deal with the Devil, even high-level masters. And when high-level masters succumb to the Dark Side, their spiritual failure is all the more grievous and grave. As the standard was so clearly and colorfully spelled out in the precepts of the Tibetan Gurus centuries ago:

Performing meritorious actions in order merely toattain fame and praise in this world is like bartering themystic wish-granting gem* for a pellet of goat's dung; andthis is a grievous failure. [1]*The wish-granting gem of oriental myth, known in Sanskrit as the Cintamani, like Aladdin's magic lamp, grants any desire which its possessor formulates.

--translated by W.Y. Evans-Wentz, "Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines"

If such feeble Do-Gooders working short-sightedly only towards worldly fame and reward are considered grievous failures--meaning that they will be descending in a spiritual regression as opposed to ascending, and that their karma is full of only grief-- just think what special Hells the charlatans and phonies working towards the same are in for. And then go an intuitive step further and "see" the karmic retribution coming for those black magicians who use their powers to deprive others of their spiritual blessings, fruits of their labors, and life force.

Again, as I had posted in Year One, this is why the great philsopher Mencius advised:

"Do not seek in your vitality (i.e., one's health exercises) what you do not find in your heart."

A reminder to the wise--that I'm beginning to feel needs to be posted here at least once a year. Maybe more. Because the decision to REAL is made more than once.

Thanks again for your post.

Sifu Terence Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I don't often read this mega thread, but I'm glad I did today.

The above post is a gem.

Thank you Sifu Dunn.

• Like 2

When applying this meditation, it normally takes me forty minutes to complete from breathing sequence to the finishing of thirty repetitions. Is it true to assume that these meditations are to be completed as slow as possible, even slower than seen on the video? My general inward feeling is to perform them so very slow, almost to the point of being visually difficult to see any movement.

Hello RLDawson,

Taking 40 minutes to do this not-so-basic Basic Meditation is an excellent practice that you've nicely employed. Yes, the standard of practice is to move so slowly such that the movements are practically imperceptible. Hence I think it was GM Doo Wai who described the speed of movement as "approaching the speed of a shifting sand dune." This alchemic process (combined with the esoteric breath-control sequences) develops profoundly healthful mind-body integration and "frictionless movement and body mechanics.

If you haven't already, continuing to practice in the manner you've described will most certainly facilitate deeper and deeper levels of "absorption" like you've never experienced before.

Keep up the good practice and let the thread know what you're experiencing.

Best,

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

Dear Shen-Joy,

Thank you for your question. My meaning of that post was to remind all that Flying PHoenix Celestial Healng Qigong is a complete Qigong and Meditative system that besides ensuring health and longevity will facilitate one's spiritual evolution towards At-One-Ment with the Universal Power or Godhead, if that is one's predilection and karma. Whereas new age calisthenics--what I call "downstream hokum©" made up by hacks calling themselves "masters" and "modern Chi experts" are not only useless, but their bologna-combined-with-Cheez Whiz belief systems and philosophical sewage promising enlightenment and immortality attached to the useless exercises will set earnest seekers and students of the Tao backwards, waste their time and resources, delay and prevent the realization of their genetic talent and their spiritual potential, and perhaps even shorten their lives as opposed to prolong them.

Attaining "immortality" in the Taoist sense of the word or Complete Liberation and and becoming a Buddha is not a matter of doing this yoga or that Qigong exercise. As my first spiritual teacher and occasionally visiting ally, the late John Davidson, former senior student of Share K. Lew, stated (posted earlier on this thread):

"The wrong person with the right exercise will still come to no good end (--nor will he be able to manifest the full potential of the exercise). But the right person even with the wrong (or incomplete) exercise, will still (be guided to) make it work and become empowered."

Attaining Immortality--or sainthood--in the eyes of God is determined and attained by one's Works and sacrifices made to perform those Works during one's lifetimes--the latter being absolutely essential because it is the only way that one attains spiritual help from the other side during one's lifetime from one's ancestors, allies, and karmic guides. In the Chinese martial tradition, those spiritual allies are the past generations of masters/"lineage holders".

For there are many high-level masters, and I have come across more than a couple in the past 40 years (-and all in southern California, as a matter fo fact) who with truly awesome and formidable metaphysical powers, chose the dark path--to do evil-- and utilized their highly cultivated powers to serve their own selfish and pathetically mundane goals dictated by their glandular systems.

It's taken me 2/3 of my life to understand from had-won experience that anyone can make a deal with the Devil, even high-level masters. And when high-level masters succumb to the Dark Side, their spiritual failure is all the more grievous and grave. As the standard was so clearly and colorfully spelled out in the precepts of the Tibetan Gurus centuries ago:

Performing meritorious actions in order merely toattain fame and praise in this world is like bartering themystic wish-granting gem* for a pellet of goat's dung; andthis is a grievous failure. [1]*The wish-granting gem of oriental myth, known in Sanskrit as the Cintamani, like Aladdin's magic lamp, grants any desire which its possessor formulates.

If such Do-Gooders working short-sightedly only towards worldly fame and reward are considered grievous failures, just think what special Hells the charlatans and phonies working towards the same are in for. And then go an intuitive step further and imagine the karmic retribution coming for those black magicians who use their powers to deprive others of their spiritual blessings, fruits of their labors, and life force.

Again, as I had posted in Year One, this is why the great philsopher Mencius advised:

"Do not seek in your vitality (i.e., one's health exercises) what you do not find in your heart."

A reminder to the wise--that I'm beginning to feel needs to be posted here at least once a year.

Sifu Terence Dunn

This is most wonderfully written. Those who practise "New Age" material are building a house on a foundation of sand.

"If one desires to become someone, they will miss out on the opportunity of becoming no one."

Thank-you so much for posting this.

• Like 1

That's OK, Sihing Garry. Welcome back! I've been extensively buried these past many weeks in new work endeavors. So good to see your posting and what I take as a reminder:

Thank you, Si-hing, for putting the all-important mundane-and-cosmic question in such straightforward terms:

"Is everyone becoming their own Flying Phoenix?"

--i.e., is everyone training seriously hard enough so that everyone is literally becoming and manifesting the healing, enlightening, and yes, APOTHEOSIZING yogic process we call Flying Phoenix Spiritual Mastery or Work ("Fei Feng San Gung")? First sign of development is the visible bright blue aura around your body that will show up on a video camera (especially old fashioned videotape!).

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S. There are very few complete yogic arts available today where this phrase is functional and meaningful: "Practice makes perfect." --And functional on the spiritual level as well.

I would be becoming a phoenix and practicing if i was not so ill, i can barely do anything...i know a phoenix has to die first before it is reborn but i really dont think im going to get any better, im so fed up.

I would be becoming a phoenix and practicing if i was not so ill, i can barely do anything...i know a phoenix has to die first before it is reborn but i really dont think im going to get any better, im so fed up.

Bluephoenix,

I'm sorry to hear that you are very ill and seemingly suffering in despair. I know it's hard to have hope or be optimistic when the body is wracked with pain, and the nervous system and senses are numb so that colors, tastes, sounds and even touch are not as vibrant.

I have taught FP Qigong to post-operative surgery patients in a major medical center in Los Angeles for several years 1999-2002 (along with Tai Chi from 1996-2002) and the FP Qigong successfully replaced pain-killing drugs, thereby accelerating the healing process and the patients' recovery.

I can't make any promises, but if anything is worth a try, the FP Chi Kung certainly is.

No matter what your condition, I believe that the FP Qigong should alleviate pain and discomfort to some degree. If you have one or more of the DVD's, do what you can to practice to them. And feel free to contact me by PM if you have questions.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Thanks i really appreciate it, ill make more of an effort today, but yeah when your not feeling much it does seem a bit pointless.

I hope it will pass and that you will recover quickly, I wish you courage.

Aurélien

• Like 1

:D I really appreciate the support, i managed to beat it before thought i was cured, using a probiotic called symprove but i fell back into addictions and ate stuff i should not have...even still i was fine for a few months then it came back pretty bad and the probiotics dont seem to be working this time. Perhaps it was something else, im just going to have to stick with them be strict with what i eat and patient.

Anyway i dont want to turn this into a pity part :P

Dear Shen-Joy,

Attaining Immortality--however one wants to describe it: attaining sainthood in western spiritual traditions, becoming an "Immortal" in Taoism, or an "Arhat" and "Bodhisattva" in Buddhism--in the eyes of God is determined and attained by one's Works and sacrifices made to perform those Works during one's lifetimes--the latter being absolutely essential because it is the only way that one attains spiritual assistance from the other side during one's lifetime from spirits one has helped and healed, one's ancestors, allies, karmic guides, and greater Powers. In the Chinese martial tradition, those spiritual allies are the past generations of masters/"lineage holders" and in the case of monastic traditions, the guardians of their temples.

For there are many high-level masters, and I have come across more than a couple in the past 40 years (-and all in southern California, as a matter fo fact) who with truly awesome and formidable metaphysical powers, chose the dark path--to do evil-- and utilized their highly cultivated powers to serve their own selfish and pathetically mundane and churlish goals dictated by their glandular systems.

If such feeble Do-Gooders working short-sightedly only towards worldly fame and reward are considered grievous failures--meaning that they will be descending in a spiritual regression as opposed to ascending, and that their karma is full of only grief-- just think what special Hells the charlatans and phonies working towards the same are in for. And then go an intuitive step further and "see" the karmic retribution coming for those black magicians who use their powers to deprive others of their spiritual blessings, fruits of their labors, and life force.

A reminder to the wise--that I'm beginning to feel needs to be posted here at least once a year. Maybe more. Because the decision to REAL is made more than once.

Sifu Terence Dunn

People doing evil are acting in the illusion of self, thinking the they are doing right thing for the "I", "me", "mine".

This is not so different form playing with qigong forms to have more power, health ecc..

The mind is still creating that illusion, no more than a thought

Actually there's no "I" that is doing forms, no one that posses the body or health, this is an illusion that must be seeing through.

• Like 1

If you wish to see charlatan chi kung just do a search engine for SRC4U and download the free software trial that will send chi to any condition. But do this experiment. Put in the info and it will give you the hours you need for a session. Cancel that session and put in same info and it will give you a different amount of time for that session for the same person and the same condition. To me, this means it is just a random thing, in other words, fake!

The creator who proclaims himself as "Supreme Grandmaster" replied to my objections about this randomness stating that the software measures over a million variables by reading your energy field. Sure!

• Like 1

If you wish to see charlatan chi kung just do a search engine for SRC4U and download the free software trial that will send chi to any condition. But do this experiment. Put in the info and it will give you the hours you need for a session. Cancel that session and put in same info and it will give you a different amount of time for that session for the same person and the same condition. To me, this means it is just a random thing, in other words, fake!

The creator who proclaims himself as "Supreme Grandmaster" replied to my objections about this randomness stating that the software measures over a million variables by reading your energy field. Sure!

Wow. It is plain naive to believe that a piece of software can read energy. If a person walks through the forest and sees a bear trap, does that person willingly step into it? Apparently so. :(

Thank-you for sharing this information, it was very amusing, but the experiment will not happen here. :D

The bear trap begins when someone who is American and very young calls himself, Supreme Grandmaster.

And the man who runs the publishing company that prints his dvds seems really unstable as seen by his rant on YouTube, his fake name is Ashida Kim. It's sad that such a valuable healing art like chi kung is not spared from greed and delusional people feeding their egos and bank accounts.

• Like 1