Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

No you have no idea what I have, so dont try the ive been doing it longer than you I must know more cause ive proved that theory to be completely false MANY times over! wink.gif

So many holes in your comments, people will see through you eventually, take my word for it....

What I teach out is what GMDW asked for me to teach out, dont hate the player, Hate the GAME!!!

Waiting for clips, 17th level master of FP??? xxx

Oh and your REAL NAME? Hhaha u still over weight? wink.gif

LMAO

Exactly!! rolleyes.gif

No clips yet>??? No name yet???? LMAO

Garry if you don't have anything to add to the this forum don't post. Some if not most have benefited from my posts. Again I apologize for insulting you. If you have a need to be superior be superior. I know what I know and I can explain it and others benefit.

"The poor student utilizes his teacher's influence.

The mediocre student admires his teacher's kindness.

The superior student grows strong under his teacher's teachings."

Garry lets get back to sharing our knowledge of the Doo family healing art.

• Like 2

Hello All,

In general, does GM Doo Wai recommend a general dietary regimen to complement each of the family arts? Or does he usually tailor recommendations to each student?

I've really enjoyed the cooking videos he has put on YT and I think diet is a pretty crucial ingredient in all training regimens, but not often discussed.

Is there any advantage of consuming chicken vs. red meat? I've recently become very fond of drinking chicken broth as a breakfast drink, a few studies have backed up its use as a recovery aid.

Cheers,

Rene'

Hello All,

I thought you might enjoy this, a great talk on the growing field of plant neurobiology:

Stefano Mancuso - The Roots of Plant Intelligence

Very interesting that there is electrical activity in plant roots that is very similar to voltage patterns normally associated with EEGs - plants are picking up more from us than we probably suspect.

At a minimum, I'll be sure to give pep talks to all my plants :)

Cheers,

Rene'

One more :)

Is it OK to rub general tonic acupoints like ST36 between FP exercises? Or will this disrupt the flow of energy being induced by the exercises?

Thanks in advance,

Rene'

Sifu Terry,

How many levels of the 5 are you authorized to teach by GM Doo Wai?

I only asked that since I didn't know if the 5 DVD's represented all of the FP or just one level.

Thanks

Terry's DVDs are level one from my knowledge.

Level 2 you can get from http://www.flyingphoenix.us/.

These are the only levels that have been opened to the public via DVDs.

Well Silum I know who you are and im no way your little brother, you can call me SIHING, AND no I wont take your apology and YES the people will see who you are very soon my FRIEND!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Hows your Imperial meditations coming along by the way????? lmao ;)

If the student is lazy, its there fault no one else's....

:) NOW lets get back to sharing.....

Rene,

GMDW taught me a what he says a very old folk healing method using Ginger on certain points and ST36 was on of them, same in YKM but we use tui na, acupuncture and moxi. :)

Sifu Garry

Hello Sifu Garry,

Very cool! Thanks for sharing that bit.

Cheers,

R

• Like 1

2) Monk Gazing At Moon (60, 40, 20)- the only med in entire system done with eyes open

Hello Sifu Terry,

I just realized when I began studying the LFFPHCM (vol. 4) that no mention is made on the DVD of practice with the eyes closed, but I'm assuming practice is with eyes open. Am I correct in my assumption? You have mentioned in the past that MGM is the only med done with eyes open in the entire system, so I had to ask.

Best,

Rene'

PS I hope all is going well with you work

Rene,

GMDW taught me a what he says a very old folk healing method using Ginger on certain points and ST36 was on of them, same in YKM but we use tui na, acupuncture and moxi. :)

Sifu Garry

Interesting Sifu! I know there is a meditaion for health that is the same as FP Monk Holding a Pearl (except it's seated) and can be done using ginger also. GMDW says to ingest the ginger for 108 days while doing the med!

Good Yang builder!

Interesting Sifu! I know there is a meditaion for health that is the same as FP Monk Holding a Pearl (except it's seated) and can be done using ginger also. GMDW says to ingest the ginger for 108 days while doing the med!

Good Yang builder!

This sitting FP meditation called monk holding a pearl with the breath control percentages is a very good core meditation. I have been doing it for years with and without the ginger. It is very calming and generates very good chi.

• Like 1

Hi Soma,

Sounds like you're in for a really nice, organic getaway to Taiwan.

Practice of the FP Qigong is something you can take everywhere. And certainly to a strawberry farm in Taiwan. FP Qigong practice will create a greater structural sensitivity so that you can feel the subtle macroscopic flows of energy of the earth. In other words, if you focus on horticulture and how natural elements interact to allow plants to flourish, you will develop deeper feng-shui abilities.

I wrote this on the back jacket of one of the FPQ dvd's: "The secret of the FP Qigong lies in its simplicity, and simplicity is what makes things flourish."

How you impact plant life is totally up to you. Normally, when we were training with the GM, we impacted plant life all the time by way of making and using the myriad of herbal formulas that are part of the White Tiger tradition.

Make sure to make some maps of your adventures in strawberry fields so that others can follow your travels. And then you can tell everyone as a guide later on whether indeed nothing is real, whether it's anything to get hung up about, whether they're forever. ;)

Best,

Sifu Terry

P.S. If you are interested in enhancing the growth of plants or other forms life around you with your internal energy, it is best to diligently practice the FP Qigong to a high level of cultivation--to the point where you instrinsically and instinctively know with certainty that you can heal others. As I've described in an earlier posting, I discovered the power of the advanced levels of the FP Qigong when one day in the mid-90's I was sitting across the table from a friend Carl Baci, a successful Hollywood actor and screenwriter, and when I casually brushed Carl's hand, the FP energy spontaneously jumped across to him and he lit up with a vibrant, sun-like glow and a huge smile developed from within. He was startled and amazed. (He had been down for a while because his girlfriend Theresa had a form of cancer in her shoulder muscles for a long time. Too bad she wasn't there.) All this is to say that let your healing capabilities catalyzed by the FP Qigong evolve naturally and allow them to make the FP energy power and effectivenss known to you. As long as you understand the true potential of the FP Qigong system from the discussion on this thread, and practice correctly, you will see positive results.

The actual teaching of specific healing techniques using FP Qi, of course, needs to be done in person so I can see the degree of cultivation, quality of your energy, and ability to manifest the energy in tangible forms through mental focus--just as in the teaching of advanced martial techniques.

Thanking you Terry Sifu for a brilliant and inspiring reply :)

Like I said in a PM... I am a Noob in the practise of TFP and only ask genuine questions with sincerity. ;)

All the best!

Soma :)

EDIT:

Strawberry Maps ? :D

The Strawberry's already rate very high on a Brix meter...I cannot wait to try some other external methods of "collection" on the plot whilst learning the internal mate ;)

Edited by Somamech

Rene,

Sifu Garry

Yes, Sifu Garry is correct here. Use of ginger daily for long periods up to 108 days (no limit, actually) is a very basic hygienic practice to cleanse the blood and to stimulate the effects of the FP Qigong.

Similar to what Sifu Garry has disclosed about YKM's use of tui ni, acupuncture and moxi for healing: in my years of training with GM Doo Wai, I was taught use of herbs, diet, Qigong, and his Tui Na (no moxi).

Outside of kitchen herbs like ginger for basic and gradual cleansing and healing: are much, much more powerful meditation aids: we use alcohol-based herbal tinctures in conjunction with FP Qigong and with other of GMDW's Qigong methods. For 3 of us training in the 8 Sections Combined system (BDG), the GM had us prepare herbal formulas that were rolled up into balls using honey (they actually looked like rabbit pellets :wub: )--and they really did their trick. The most basic meditative aid contained 5 herbs (4 roots and 1 fruit ground into a green powder), which is very, very powerful in its meditative effects. But this herbal formula cannot be disclosed on a public forum because preparation of it and use of it must be closely supervised for the sake of safety. I might have mentioned earlier in this thread that one student in our circle in the 90's very, very unwisely combined his use of this meditation tincture with his recreational use of controlled substances. This led to him having severe black-outs and fainting spells that were attributed by doctors to brain lesions (that showed up in MRI scans) and that required opened-skull exploratory surgery. But when they opened the skull of this student and did the exploration, they couldn't find anything. At first no one knew what could have caused the lesions and then caused them to disappear. I instantly knew exactly what happened and how it happened because I knew that he had combined drugs with the tincture and I knew (and know) how the tincture "wore off". I disclose this episode to explain why this and all herbal formulas in the FP Qigong and BFP tradition cannot be disclosed on a public forum. Even in the private oral tradition, not every one of my students in FPQ will learn how to use tinctures. It's just not for every student.

I hope this additional context gives you some perspective on the depth of the FP Qigong system.

Sifu Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Sifu Terry,

I just realized when I began studying the LFFPHCM (vol. 4) that no mention is made on the DVD of practice with the eyes closed, but I'm assuming practice is with eyes open. Am I correct in my assumption? You have mentioned in the past that MGM is the only med done with eyes open in the entire system, so I had to ask.

Best,

Rene'

PS I hope all is going well with you work

Hello Rene,

No, no, no, no: The LFFPHCM on Volume 4 is to be done with eyes CLOSED!

To learn it, you of course have to have eyes open to view the teacher either on the DVD program or in person. But once the entire form choreography is learned, the practice of this capstone form is with eyes closed. With this moving meditation, practice with eyes closed will deliver the fullness of FP energy cultivation, and make its subtle energy effects not-so-subtle. On the other hand, doing the meditation with eyes open will drastically dilute the effects of the practice.

I will check the DVD. If I don't at least give the verbal instruction that the Form is to be done with eyes closed, then I made a gross error in the production. But I'm pretty certain that at somepoint towards the end of the program, I state the the meditation once learned is to be done with eyes closed.

I probably should have emphasized this key instruction much more on the DVD because I recall the final demo of the meditation at the end of the program is done with my eyes open. People viewing theis eyes- open practice would naturally get the wrong idea.

My apologies for the confusion!

Bottom line: practice THE LF_FPHHCM with eyes CLOSED. :closedeyes: :closedeyes:

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

Sifu Terry,

How many levels of the 5 are you authorized to teach by GM Doo Wai?

I only asked that since I didn't know if the 5 DVD's represented all of the FP or just one level.

Thanks

Hello Ralis,

Sorry to take so long to reply. I just logged back on tonight; my work and obligations allow me to check into this thread and try to respond to questions only once a week at best.

In answer to your question: There are 6 DVD's and they represent a little more than 1/2 of the Flying Phoenix System. (I called the various DVD titles as containing "Basic" meditations (Vols. 1, 2), "Intermediate" (vol.3) and, "Advanced" (vol. 4, 5, 7) only to organize the ONE LEVEL of FP qigong by the difficulty and length of the movements in the various exercises.

For example, the DVD series teaches a total of 10 seated "Monk Serves Wine" mediations.

During my 6 yrs of training with GM Doo Wai, I was taught 24 seated MSW meditations, the 3 seated Warm-up meditations on Vol.2 and one basic but longer, 24-movement seated meditation that is the most complex of all the MSW meds, but not the most advanceed. I also learned advanced standing FP meditations beyond what I titled as the Long Form Standing meditation (in Vol.4), but have decided not to published them. (They are not the same as the material on the videos distributed on www.flyingphoenix.com.)

As to how much of the Flying Phoenix Qigong system I was officially authorized to teach by GM Doo Wai: I was authorized in writing by GM Doo Wai on March 25, 1994 to teach everything that I know that is called "Flying Phoenix" and/or "Monk Serves Wine"--as I choose. You will find a copy of the Grandmaster's letter on my website at this link: http://www.taichimania.com/3-25-94_GMDW_FP_ltr%28redacted%29.jpg

(It's hard to find this link on my Chi Kung For Health DVD catalog page because it's in small red print near end of the top paragraphs just before the DVD listings).

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Thanks for the question.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

can anyone explain the best way of preparing the ginger ?

is it by making ginger tea

can anyone recomend a good chinese herbal medicine book ?

Edited by ronko

can anyone explain the best way of preparing the ginger ?

is it by making ginger tea

can anyone recomend a good chinese herbal medicine book ?

From here:

http://www.redwingbooks.com/

Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica THIRD ED REVISED

By (author) Dan Bensky

http://www.redwingbooks.com/sku/ChiHerMedBen

Chinese Herbal Medicine: Formulas and Strategies 2E

By (author) Volker Scheid

http://www.redwingbooks.com/sku/ChiHerMedStr

...are two of the best books out there that I know of and have been an industry and educational standard for at least 20 years, perhaps longer.

Hello Rene,

No, no, no, no: The LFFPHCM on Volume 4 is to be done with eyes CLOSED!

To learn it, you of course have to have eyes open to view the teacher either on the DVD program or in person. But once the entire form choreography is learned, the practice of this capstone form is with eyes closed. With this moving meditation, practice with eyes closed will deliver the fullness of FP energy cultivation, and make its subtle energy effects not-so-subtle. On the other hand, doing the meditation with eyes open will drastically dilute the effects of the practice.

I will check the DVD. If I don't at least give the verbal instruction that the Form is to be done with eyes closed, then I made a gross error in the production. But I'm pretty certain that at somepoint towards the end of the program, I state the the meditation once learned is to be done with eyes closed.

I probably should have emphasized this key instruction much more on the DVD because I recall the final demo of the meditation at the end of the program is done with my eyes open. People viewing theis eyes- open practice would naturally get the wrong idea.

My apologies for the confusion!

Bottom line: practice THE LF_FPHHCM with eyes CLOSED. :closedeyes: :closedeyes:

Best,

Sifu Terry

Hello Sifu Terry,

Many thanks for the clarification, I might have missed your instruction for closed-eye practice in the video - you might emphasize this in the future on the bullet points "Final practice is done with eyes closed", this IMHO would help remind students the importance of practicing with the eyes closed.

Bottom line, FP is a rare treasure, thank you Sifu Terry for giving us this access.

Best,

Rene'

Sifu Terry -

Ralis asked a good question and you provided an excellent answer. Net-net, the material on the Flying Phoenix DVD's represent only a portion of the FP system. There are additional meditations, herbal recipes, etc.

So, I have some questions on behalf of all of us who are "distance learners": After we have finished learning all of the FP meditations on your DVD series, and after we are practicing them for a sufficient period of time to gain proficiency with them, what do you recommend as a next step in our learning process? Or, do you recommend a next step? And if yes, how would we proceed? Are you planning on adding any additional advanced FP meditations to your DVD series?

Thanks,

Lloyd

• Like 2

Ginger is a yang herb that blast open the meridian, when you have a headache you can make it a tea or add it to a Jook with vegies or meat, you can drink the broth or eat the meat etc.

But that is no big secret just common knowledge in all Traditional chinese martial arts not only in BFP!

Hi

sifu Terry I have read all pages of the forum.And in your earlier posts you said that we can exercise another yogic art during fp,what about solar joga.The reason I'm asking this is because the fp is fast acting and powerful the solar joga teacher said if the exercise [FP] is not rising violent or suddenly kundalini energy then is ok Ican start the solar joga.

Thank you