Encephalon

Harnessing Goose Bumps to increase chi flow

Sitting on my zafu last night watching Stephen King's "The Mist" with my fiance and kid, I was really able to utilize the goosebump phenomenon to accelerate some energy flow. I can't determine if these flows were following meridians or the nervous system, but since I've been doing energy work, the Goosebump effect has been amped up considerably. It feels so friggin' good that if I ever learned how to do it trigger it spontaneously, I would never get anything done. It's not quite a sexual response but a whole-body sensation that is just too pleasant to ignore.

I think this is why I posted my delight with the movie "District 9." It elicited so much grief that I was almost in control of this physical effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goose_bumps

Edited by Blasto

Sitting on my zafu last night watching Stephen King's "The Mist" with my fiance and kid, I was really able to utilize the goosebump phenomenon to accelerate some energy flow. I can't determine if these flows were following meridians or the nervous system, but since I've been doing energy work, the Goosebump effect has been amped up considerably. It feels so friggin' good that if I ever learned how to do it trigger it spontaneously, I would never get anything done. It's not quite a sexual response but a whole-body sensation that is just too pleasant to ignore.

I think this is why I posted my delight with the movie "District 9." It elicited so much grief that I was almost in control of this physical effect.

This is a sign of qi moving, yes? Anyone??

This is a sign of qi moving, yes? Anyone??

I sure would like to think so, but since I posted this, I have my doubts, although I have continued to practice the deliberate induction of goosebumps, and it shoots up my spine to the top of my crown. I can't do this more than once a minute, but I have acquired voluntary control of the reaction. It's far more overwhelming than it's ever been, and I chock it up to 2 years of steady Embrace Horse and nei kung.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could heal our grief and instigate chi flow at the same time by triggering deeply felt emotional responses at will?

goose bumps is the JING energy -- electrochemical -- clearing out the blockages -- so it's an early form of chi.

Chi is actually composed of the three parts jing, chi, and shen -- but it can be more of one or the other. Professor David Palmer's new book "Qigong Fever" details this well from the perspective of qi transmission -- in martial arts it's called Fa Jing, Fa qi, Fa Shen.

Anyway you get goose bumps usually from music that is emotionally inspiring -- opening up the heart chakra -- the Gypsies have a word for that type of music that gives you the chills -- usually it's high pitch singing along with a syncopated rhythm. So falsetto, yodeling or just high pitch female voice....

Proprioreception is the sensation of inner touch that is used in the Brain Port -- a new mind device used by special forces so you can see with your tongue for 3 dimensional vision, etc. In other words proprioception is the inner tingling sensation of the electrochemical energy which then gets transduced into electromagnetic brain energy.

So when you first learn to sense energy blockages you hold your hand maybe 6 to 10 inches from someone's body and then when your hand gets that tingling sensation it means the person has a blockage there. But when the third eye opens up then you will get an internal tingling sensation in the organ of your body as your third eye picks up the blockage in the other person's organ.

goose bumps is the JING energy -- electrochemical -- clearing out the blockages -- so it's an early form of chi.

Chi is actually composed of the three parts jing, chi, and shen -- but it can be more of one or the other. Professor David Palmer's new book "Qigong Fever" details this well from the perspective of qi transmission -- in martial arts it's called Fa Jing, Fa qi, Fa Shen.

Anyway you get goose bumps usually from music that is emotionally inspiring -- opening up the heart chakra -- the Gypsies have a word for that type of music that gives you the chills -- usually it's high pitch singing along with a syncopated rhythm. So falsetto, yodeling or just high pitch female voice....

Proprioreception is the sensation of inner touch that is used in the Brain Port -- a new mind device used by special forces so you can see with your tongue for 3 dimensional vision, etc. In other words proprioception is the inner tingling sensation of the electrochemical energy which then gets transduced into electromagnetic brain energy.

So when you first learn to sense energy blockages you hold your hand maybe 6 to 10 inches from someone's body and then when your hand gets that tingling sensation it means the person has a blockage there. But when the third eye opens up then you will get an internal tingling sensation in the organ of your body as your third eye picks up the blockage in the other person's organ.

Music has always been the most powerful trigger for me, but emotionally intense scenes in movies are very effective also. I mentioned "The Mist," but that scene in "District 9," where the lead is forced to kill the alien was such a grief-inducing moment that I could barely keep myself together. That's when I first began to consciously cultivate this experience, by reliving the scene in my head.

Grief moves energy. Big time. Interestingly enough, the Buddhist scholar Joanna Macy wrote a book in 1983 called "Despair and Personal Power in the Nuclear Age," a primer on how to process your grief without losing your mind, which is exactly what can happen to someone dealing with more than they can handle.

Thanks, Drew. These are valuable insights you have shared. I'm indebted.

Edited by Blasto

I had this same question lol.

Just since my training I've felt goosebumps longer and more under the skin.. it can be very settling now.

Anyway was just wondering.

well.. I have a friend who told me to use the feeling of goosebumps to keep the body cool, while doing a 'electrogravitic kundalini burst' where you sort of pulse energy up the spine, starting from the gonads, and up into the brain, causing an adrenaline rush, heat, dizziness if your not used to it, and a feeling of power. You also have to be relaxed, almost as if it's actually caused by a spontaneous relaxation of the kundalini. Relaxing also sorta uncoils the DNA and causes the cells in the body to become like a gel (which stores or keeps energy in or at least keeps it from escaping as heat). While doing this you also use the goosebumps to keep the body from heating up too much (because with energy is released as heat with increasing entropy). Keeping the body cool.

If you get really good enough... u can cause a pulsating adrenorgasm as he calls it. He says it's the key to eh... 'manifesting' objects but he does with some a set of hummed sounds that cause the adrenorgasms automatically, and its kinda secret so I can't tell you but it has to do with the YHWH being a set of sound, each letter being a certain frequency of the solfeggio tones but converted to RA scale.

eh... maybe that's a bit too much info.

Edited by Non

haha omg i do the exact same thing!

Whenever i'm not doing my regular meditation i am at my desk watching something, but always mindful of the Qi.

As soon as i get goosebumps i channel it all down to my LDT. - It feels like i gather all the Qi from my skin and a warm current flows towards my LDT.

Goosebumps definitely help! Be mindful of them and take advantage.

• Like 1

I get the same thing, lots of goose bumps flowing all over my body, sometimes as waves of energy at other times static. Twitching of minor muscles in the lower half of the body is sometimes related to the shivers. For sure their is a distinction between shivers and different emotional energy. Sometimes I put these sensations down to other beings or human sources. Very interesting phenomenon.

well.. I have a friend who told me to use the feeling of goosebumps to keep the body cool, while doing a 'electrogravitic kundalini burst' where you sort of pulse energy up the spine, starting from the gonads, and up into the brain, causing an adrenaline rush, heat, dizziness if your not used to it, and a feeling of power. You also have to be relaxed, almost as if it's actually caused by a spontaneous relaxation of the kundalini. Relaxing also sorta uncoils the DNA and causes the cells in the body to become like a gel (which stores or keeps energy in or at least keeps it from escaping as heat). While doing this you also use the goosebumps to keep the body from heating up too much (because with energy is released as heat with increasing entropy). Keeping the body cool.

If you get really good enough... u can cause a pulsating adrenorgasm as he calls it. He says it's the key to eh... 'manifesting' objects but he does with some a set of hummed sounds that cause the adrenorgasms automatically, and its kinda secret so I can't tell you but it has to do with the YHWH being a set of sound, each letter being a certain frequency of the solfeggio tones but converted to RA scale.

eh... maybe that's a bit too much info.

What's the RA scale?

i get this too :)

wow

I think the time tht i remember the ost was during alying meditation (i was really tired from work and the gym, so i did lying instead of standing)

Was feeling really good and got a wave of goosebumps, but the wave passed over me much much faster than usual, not in an un pleasent way but just far quicker, also afterwards i felt the feeling linger in csome areas, I assumed at the time that the feeling was quicker becasue iw as very loosed and relaxed, and the lingering areas still had some tension

...it has to do with the YHWH being a set of sound, each letter being a certain frequency of the solfeggio tones but converted to RA scale.

Hi Non,
You sure you're not talking about the Tree of Life tones instead of the Solfeggio tones?

glad you asked -- I found this article with more details:

http://www.visionmagazine.com/archives/090...ures_Sound.html

Further technicalities

http://www.rodcdavis.com/6.3_Ra_Music_write_up.pdf

Which leads to this "black box" infrasound healer

http://www.little-back-box.org/

What's the RA scale?

Edited by drewhempel

Quote from Yoda - "About hair, have you tried Yudelove's hair breathing? Just breath in through any and all hairs on the body." thought it may be of some intrest.

taken from (http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=1290&hl=Yudelove.)

If you search Google book's you will find "Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy: Transforming Your Body, Mind, and Spirit, By Eric Steven Yudelove"

Before sleep each night I apologize for all my wrong doings, and ask any being capable to please help me avoid reincarnation, usually I get sharp palpable shocks throughout my body during the process. I believe its linked to emotions such as deep and sincere sadness/grief.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Hi Non,

You sure you're not talking about the Tree of Life tones instead of the Solfeggio tones?

Adeha

I dont know what the tree of life tones are, sorry.