christoff

how to prevent nocturnal emissions?

Some disturbing misinformation in this thread. Trunk's last post clears it up. Additional clarification: the jing to chi transition is done by capturing and moving the motive energy (chi) of the seminal fluids (jing) into the MCO before ejaculation (or injaculation...also not retention of jing).

Jing is an energy contained within a substance, (sexual) chi is an energy derived from the vibrational motion, by means of sexual excitation, of those substances.

Have a very strong BS muscle if succeed with capturing and moving this chi do you seek.

Know how to slip it into your MCO if utilize fully (chi -> shen) do you seek.

Xeno, weren't you going to write an epic summary of jing cultivation and CCO for the bums? Maybe you should do a comprehensive summary rather than christoff...

Some day Lucky. Just hit 'n run informing in the meantime.

p.s. BS = bulbospongiosus. Resistance training is how it's strengthened. Lots of it. The chi weightlifting thread contains all the information required for any stage of BS training. Based on my experience, SKF cannot be done without a strong BS muscle, also based on my experience, it's (very) easy with a (very) strong one.

Edited by xenolith

Hello all,

I have been planning to write as mentioned but unfortunately still experiencing emissions so quite exhausted. Been doing deep breathing at night for an hour, massage of kidney points around feet, and taking herbs but still happening maybe once every 3-4 days.

I mean no offense to the posters, but I think I will try mantak chia's "seal the door" exercise as I would rather risk damaging my sexual tissues and feel powerful than have healthy sexual tissues but wake up every 3-4 days feeling sad, empty and exhausted and like I am having to start over.

Sorry for the post, but I am confused!

Christoff

Edited by christoff

Watch some Celine Dion videos on youtube right before going to bed. If that doesn't do it, read through the

entire 'Chicken or Egg' thread here on taobums.

;)

Hello all,

I have been planning to write as mentioned but unfortunately still experiencing emissions so quite exhausted. Been doing deep breathing at night for an hour, massage of kidney points around feet, and taking herbs but still happening maybe once every 3-4 days.

I mean no offense to the posters, but I think I will try mantak chia's "seal the door" exercise as I would rather risk damaging my sexual tissues and feel powerful than have healthy sexual tissues but wake up every 3-4 days feeling sad, empty and exhausted and like I am having to start over.

Sorry for the post, but I am confused!

Christoff

Intentions guide the energy. If you have trouble doing this, imagine the energy is spiraling throughout the body and the spine.

But most importantly, deep breathing and inner smile opens the channel for the energy to flow through.

Do not do forced physical blocking, because that is useless and you will get no benefits from physical injaculation.

Give your body some time to adjust internally. You're not going to change your habits over night.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

That was an excellent inspiring post Lucky strikes, thanks

Thank you also TheSongsofDistantEarth for the advice although as I am emotional person, not sure if Celine Dion songs will be working the best sometimes ;)

Actually reading some of the other threads and rereading this one I have realised something, hopefully I can explain. Balance is the most important. When we feel an imbalance, (like for me wet dreams), we then try to do everything that is the opposite (like "seal the door"). But instead of balancing the problem does the opposite and causes damage (like injaculation).

What we should be doing is not something to make us balanced, but just seeking a balanced state. Like in the same issue for me, I should be doing deep breathing and refining exercises instead of "seal the door". I am learning a lot here, thank you all again

Despite all the knocking on Master Chia's methods here I have to state that turning to his books have been one of the best things that have happened to me in the recent times.

The technical advise and the mental support I've got from him (through these books) has been a key thing in learning semen retention and I have no negative things to say about them. Only if youre too hot already you shouldn't maybe be doing the excercises that work with heated sexual energy. The cool draw I find a nice and, yes, cooling method.

OF COURSE it's not always so simple when dealing with humans who are kinda complicated by nature. Still if you follow the instructions you'll probably be safe. Master Chia gets my respect since he's the one who's helped me through the initial hardships of semen retention and nowadays I have no nocturnal emissions nor any need to masturbate.

It is advisable to do some type of more physical yoga and perhaps Tao Yin to support your progress. If you are not relaxed, your channels are not open to take the new-found extra energy that will flow from the testes and some complications may occur. Inner Smile and breathing in golden light should be a good way to relax, as well as gentle jogging.

Semen retention should be a natural step in one's spiritual progress and to try to do it too early might be problematic. I wouldn't say it stunts one's progress though, since it's all EDUCATION. If you experience unpleasantness, well, there's usually ways to cure the problems, Chia also gives some methods of clearing the blocked energy.

Finally I would say that it's possible these practises are harmful to some, but hey, life itself is very harmful for some.

I would add that if you try to block lustful thoughts from your mind you are blocking the energy in your body, which will cause problems. The only way to deal with lust is to transform it to bliss. The same energy can be very productive and smoothly flowing once channeled in the right direction, which is UP.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH FEELING HORNY. USE THAT FEELING FOR HIGHER THINGS.

One thing more.. nutrition. Especially when beginning semen retention you should definitely stop eating meat, fish, cheese, garlic, mushrooms, onions, red chillies and everything that's hard to digest. White sugar can also be a stimulant. Don't eat too much, rather too little, since everything that puts load on your intestines can make you oversexed.

Seek knowledge on the subject, there's a lot of holistic information available. Taoism knows these things, Ayurveda knows these things.

Life is holistic, it's not only about the meditation technique you're using or the master you go to.

DONT BE AFRAID OF YOUR SEXUAL ENERGY. IT'S YOUR FRIEND BELIEVE ME.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

The King has some good advice above.

I didn't read every post by everybody. But, I'll just share my own experience to whatever degree I'm able to lucidly at this time at night.

The first month of my new years resolution of 1995, I had two emissions, and the second month I had one emission. After that I had none.

First of all I had a goal in mind. I wanted to transform the externalized form of desire to an internal form that could be satisfied without repression per-say but by realizing that the outer form was a microcosmic expression of a macrocosmic reality. That of form (penis) and emptiness (pussy). We don't have to get into that. We can use the idea of creativity and receptivity. Or space and light. Even yin and yang, sure that's fine as well. X and Y chromosome?

So, merging is a natural urge, we want to become one with paradigm opposites as a way to experience wholeness, we do in the fulfillment of any desire, it's all sex really, food, sleep, movies, etc. But, through first conceptual understanding, one can see that all dualities exist within the one that see's dualities. You. So, I decided that by turning my sexual urges from outward to inward I could realize the basis of desire itself, which is a sense of lack, a feeling of unwholness.

First of all I stopped going to movies, and stopped watching T.V. because these expressions feed the desire to find happiness through product, through external means, as that's the meaning of life according to capitalism. I only did yogic practices, meditation, chanting, hatha yoga, selfless service at a nearby ashram in Oakland, CA. I stopped looking at women below their eyes entirely. Everytime I thought of a women sexually, I just reminded myself that true happiness comes from within. Because all an outer object can do is reflect our inner potentiality to the degree that we are aware of it.

So, through meditation and such practices I also started mentally focusing the energy to go upward through the central channel located in conjunction with the spinal column in the physical body, using breath and mental focus utilizing contemplation of the nature of desire. I would contemplate how infinitely open my crown chakra was like a beacon for higher consciousness. I would contemplate the meanings of the different chakras and read lots of books by realized saints from India or other spiritual traditions of antiquity. Only books by monks, not scholarly works, but directly the works of monks from different traditions. Those that practiced transformation internally and experienced the fruit of it. As our mental and physical company creates our destiny, because mind becomes what it focuses upon and thus action follows the impulses of our mind.

So, I would read these different explanations and their logic and reasons, integrate that information with my own life. Thus would come a real understanding of why I was doing it in the first place, then just practice all the time, no matter where I was or what I was doing, at work in a restaurant, as that's what I did for about 15 years of my life, to walking down the street and I socialized very little. Just apply, apply, apply internal alchemy. I had one conscious desire, to know the Truth. I didn't socialize unless they were people after the same Truth and I didn't look at women below their eyes. I wanted intensely to know the nature of sexual energy and the hidden power that it could hold for me as I had read in spiritual books from Eastern tradition monks.

I won't bore you with every detail of my unraveling. But, as the intensity became more subtle through contemplation, it slowly turned into bliss, and thus it stopped becoming expressed externally as it was experienced internally as a kind of cosmic union between finite and infinite, like a drop of the ocean realizing that it indeed was not a drop and never was. My ejaculation stopped being a physical one out of the tip of my penis and it became a spiritual one out of the top of my head, filling my heart and my entire being as well as my entire field of perception. I would be filled with great heat and would experience "Bhastrika Pranayama", deep strong breathing through my entire being quite often, or different types of "Kumbaka" or retention of breath both inward or outward where it just stopped and my entire being became transparent and completely still even if there was movement around, I would experience movement as stillness. I could experience great joy at will, or calm peace at will, and I loved everyone and forgave at a moments notice.

So, I would experience bliss of different types throughout every day and the heat of this bliss would burn the sexual fluid into spiritual energy in my being. I slept much less, I had incredible dreams, I was very aware and lucid of subtler activities within my being, and saw directly the causes of various shortcomings and neuorotic behavior patterns. I would transform them into virtues by applying the knowledge that all these different limitations themselves came from a deeply rooted sense of limitation that identified with a body that was born, will have experiences and will die. My sexual energy and experience became all sorts of spiritual experiences, visions, inter-dimensional travelings that helped day by day loosen this knot of limited identity. So, I stopped having night emissions and stopped thinking of sex all together, even by accident. The most that would happen would maybe the word "sex" would enter my mind sometimes. But, I would just shake it off and move on, seeing it as a delusion based upon an idea of separation that was not really true.

I've come to a different understanding of the entire thing at this point of my life, but that can be talked about some other time. I went through this period of my life about 14 years ago. It was a phase and it was a very important phase in my life and spiritual questing.

I recommend it for anyone and everyone who wishes to realize deeper states of their own existence.

My syntax has changed since then, but I tried to write this in the spirit of my understanding as it was then and what worked for me at that time.

I wish you many blessings on your endevor and may you experience it's blessings through and through!!

:)

Oh, I forgot to say that when I got that energy to turn internally very strongly. The erections stopped being so powerfully focused on externalizing the energy. Like my inner interpretation of the experience of erection stopped being so centered around ejaculation. It started to feel really pleasurable to just have a strong and hard erection. At times when I meditated, it would forcefully push upward into my navel. Muktananda talks about this in Play of Consciousness. But, it would push upward very strongly but wouldn't feel like it needed to inject anywhere or release anything. I remember contemplating the pleasure of the energy itself when I first started, but over time, it would just be that way and not feel the need to externalize. My interpretation of the energy completely changed from go out, to just be.

thank you for sharing, its truly motivating and wonderful to read, and extremely useful for me in this period of my life... :)

Vajrahridaya,

Thank you for this, this is very inspiring to me, I was nearly lost hope after having 3 emissions in the last 4 days.

I did read your post twice and noticed even more the second time.

Also congratulations it must have taken a lot of self discipline.

Christoff

Christoff,

It has been noted by somebody here on TTB that a simple cooling off your genital area at night helps a lot. For me, it definately helps. Even more, I have noticed that recently I have only had nocturnals when I used a too warm blanket. So now I'm trying to cover my back and chest leaving genitals open.

Christoff,

It has been noted by somebody here on TTB that a simple cooling off your genital area at night helps a lot. For me, it definately helps. Even more, I have noticed that recently I have only had nocturnals when I used a too warm blanket. So now I'm trying to cover my back and chest leaving genitals open.

Ah yes, this is a good idea actually. I've also heard that running hot as one can stand water over the genitals and scrotum while feeling extremely horny really helps to dissipate the energy through the body.

It's just the way it is.

i'm not trying to rub anyone the wrong way, but i think i know where this view comes from. DS?

i'm not trying to say he's not right, he is.

it's just that, according to his words, 'there's more than one way of doing things'.

yes, the 'yuan jing' is what we use in alchemy.

but also, 'yin jing' and 'yang jing' can be both used to strenghten the body and the Qi.

and this can mean ALOT, sometimes it makes all the difference...

back to the original question, for a beginner that wants a SURE WAY: the Deer Technique.

L1

I was nearly lost hope after having 3 emissions in the last 4 days.

Ejaculating every day is harmful. Stop it. Instead, you should do testicle breathing. Sit down for 10 minutes every day and do the exercise. It is a simple exercise. Everybody can do it. I do testicle breathing myself and i enjoy it.

Ok finally I am writing some of the things I have learnt, starting with my "old thought - new thought". I am listing:

old thought - I have to do 5 different exercises a day in order to prevent nocturnal emissions

new thought - I am needing to do less, let go, and trust my body

old thought - have to retaining as much semen as possible

new thought - the goals are not retaining but refining what you have retained, which is taking dedication

old thought - each time I lose semen I become weaker like old man

new thought - semen loss is a natural process, and can be necessary at some times

old thought - the more jing I have, the healthier I will be

new thought - The more in touch with the Tao (empty) I am the healthier I will be.

Now, strategies that are seeming strongly recommended:

self acupressure especially kidney points http://www.thetaobums.com/Accessable-Self-...sure-t9276.html,

deep breathing and meditation for an hour especially at night

Next, strategies that are seeming less common but useful (I am not sure):

1 - warm hands, rub kidneys

2 - simple squats with light weights

3- flick ears until hot twice a day

4. testicle breathing - mantiak chia link??

5. bridge breathing http://www.precisiondocs.com/~altaoism/Add...ading.htm#Furey

• Like 1

Dear Christoff,

quoting from Master Nan Huai Chin:

"To solve this problem and make it so that the semen does not leak out, you can cultivate the flying bird form of exercise.

Every day before you go to sleep, stand up with your heels two inches apart. The first step is to tighten the muscles in your buttocks without contracting your anus: if you do that for a long time it may cause hemorrhoids. Simultaneously, pull in your lower abdomen. The second step is to take both hands and make the motions of a bird flying. Slowly in a natural manner lift them up. Your movements should be gentle and your mouth should be smiling slightly. Your shoulders should be relaxed. Both hands should be out on either side of the body, not extended toward the front or the back. Lift your hands very naturally, the slower the better. At the same time you raise your arms raise your heels, matching the upward movements.

The third step is to lightly close your mouth when you lower your hands, and at the same time slowly lower your heels in a synchronised way. When you stand up use the strength of your big toes. Remember that throughout all of this your form must be beautiful and gentle, the more gentle the better. The point of emphasis should be on the tips of your fingers. When you raise your hands there will be a spontaneous flow of energy to your fingertips. Once it reaches your hands and turns the energy will pull them and they will naturally come down.

At the beginning you should do it ten times every evening before retiring. You can slowly increase the number of repetitions"

of course, do your best at meditation too

Good luck!

Edited by ngtest

Thank you everyone for your recent suggestions.

I am feeling stronger, the most helpful thing I did so far was seeing a chinese medicine practioner who said it wasn't my kidneys weak but my spleen and heart not communicating. Or, "earth not strong, fire burning water". He said I worrying too much, thinking too much, and taking things too seriously!

The deer exercise sounds good, what is it? He also said to practicing the bear exercise, so I will finding a book.

Cheers

Thank you everyone for your recent suggestions.

I am feeling stronger, the most helpful thing I did so far was seeing a chinese medicine practioner who said it wasn't my kidneys weak but my spleen and heart not communicating. Or, "earth not strong, fire burning water". He said I worrying too much, thinking too much, and taking things too seriously!

The deer exercise sounds good, what is it? He also said to practicing the bear exercise, so I will finding a book.

Cheers

any form of meditation will really help with that, whether you're doing deep abdominal breathing or visualizing yourself purifying with bright white purifying light entering you or doing a mantra or simply sitting and focusing on awareness. the key is to concentrate and continue practice daily, twice a day, as often as possible. consistency. you'll be ok :)

what has worked for me is this......

I started making magnesium water (magnesium chloride mixed with water...equal parts).....

I was using this as a health tonic........you rub it on your body and you absorb the magnesium through the pores.....

magnesium is very healthy for many reasons.....

needless to say i started rubbing it on my genitals before going to bed (it stings a bit) and i got the added surprise that my nocturnal emissions stopped.....

magnesium is a relaxer.....

needless to say i follow the tibetan school of meditation.....

read the padmasambavha thread in this forum for more info....on the teachings....

I do some mantak chia microcomsic orbit meditations every night and morning.....

it is very important to send the chi from the head to the heart at the end.....

i hate to say this christ, but semen = energy and the loss of your semen = loss of energy, no two ways about it

and you need energy in order to perform higher spiritual practices or open up your psychic/clairvoyant abilities

you are either doing the practices wrong or .. i hate to state the darker scenario..

there may be a negative entity / though-form interfering with your practices.. cos the more energy you build up in your body, the more powerful your spiritual defenses are and these negative entities may be trying to obstruct the build-up of your energy..

negative entities will seek to remove your spiritual defenses so they can feed on your soul energy thus the need for them to obstruct the build-up of your energy through seminal loss..

i will recommend chanting some mantras and visualizing some hindu/buddhist/taoist/christian higher beings to chase away any negative entities from yourself

hindu - lord ganesha

tibet/buddhist - vajrakilaya

christian/catholic/muslim - archangel michael

taoist/chinese - lord guan yu

so you see, there are higher beings in every faith who specialize in the duty of protecting souls from evil.. google them for their mantras.. good luck..

BOL

P.S. trust me.. these higher beings possess more than enough power to remove negative entities and every faith has them.. :)

Ok finally I am writing some of the things I have learnt, starting with my "old thought - new thought". I am listing:

old thought - I have to do 5 different exercises a day in order to prevent nocturnal emissions

new thought - I am needing to do less, let go, and trust my body

old thought - have to retaining as much semen as possible

new thought - the goals are not retaining but refining what you have retained, which is taking dedication

old thought - each time I lose semen I become weaker like old man

new thought - semen loss is a natural process, and can be necessary at some times

old thought - the more jing I have, the healthier I will be

new thought - The more in touch with the Tao (empty) I am the healthier I will be.

Now, strategies that are seeming strongly recommended:

self acupressure especially kidney points http://www.thetaobums.com/Accessable-Self-...sure-t9276.html,

deep breathing and meditation for an hour especially at night

Next, strategies that are seeming less common but useful (I am not sure):

1 - warm hands, rub kidneys

2 - simple squats with light weights

3- flick ears until hot twice a day

4. testicle breathing - mantiak chia link??

5. bridge breathing http://www.precisiondocs.com/~altaoism/Add...ading.htm#Furey

Edited by bodyoflight