kathyli

Chinese official site for Taoist Master Wang Liping's 2009 public teaching

True, but until perhaps only rarely & very recently, most people have been trying to ESCAPE Red China, not become an actual CITIZEN of it. :lol: So, no one has really complained, lol. Most longterm ex-pats just settle for "permanent resident" status.

Also, while they technically don't honor dual citizenship, they don't really check, either.

That's the other thing about Chinese law. Sure, they retain the power to exercise it when desired, but generally their enforcement is pretty lax. There's just too many people and not enough bureacrats.

Anyhow, all of this pales in comparison to historical US policy towards ethnic Chinese. The Chinese Exclusion Act severely banned, restricted and relinquished rights for Chinese immigrants for a stunning 61 years from 1882-1943.Although heavy nationalist caps were still left in place:This pittance only gradually relaxed over the following decades.Interestingly, Bruce Lee was fortunate to have arrived in the US in 1959. Had he tried just 7 years before that, he probably would have been barred outright.

So, I think as the Chinese economy continues to grow amidst a sinking global ship, more foreigners will seek to ex-pat to China and their immigration laws will continue to relax as well. Just like the US did over the course of a century.

BTW, if people really wanted to learn LMP affordably, I don't know why they didn't just attend Kathy Li's workshop. I mean, that was about as affordable as it gets. And, I don't think there is any reason to study with the "top master" upfront, anyways. That's like trying to learn calculus before you can even do basic math.

I thought Bruce Lee was born here and that gave him the right of citizenship.

Of course, but since we are talking about foreigners getting chinese citizenship (foreigners getting the local's fees) this doesn't work because to apply you have to show proof or cancellation of your original citizenship.
Are there even any worthy benefits to being a citizen versus just a permanent resident in China?

If not, then I don't see why any foreigner would even want to give up his citizenship for that, given the choice. When they can probably strike a much better deal by retaining their current citizenship while being a permanent resident of China?

I think Kathy is more than qualified to teach beginners and on up to a certain point. After which, there are no teachers certified to take you further in LMP other than WLP himself. At that point, you might "have" to go see him for further instruction. But, there is no "need" to do that beforehand (although it can certainly be done).

Baguakid - I have no problem with anyone complaining about high prices, either. In fact, legitimate complaints are what usually lead to change. I'm simply providing a larger background and cultural context for their pricing. Fact is, Western countries have been strongly bullying and colonizing China since the 1800s with their opium trafficking there (and 100 million deaths). You cannot put a price on that. And even today, 95% of US press about China is negative. So, all this has not left much trust or a great taste in their mouth...

420px-China_imperialism_cartoon.jpg

Hell, considering the US's over-politicized playa-hating coverage of their recent Olympics, I wouldn't blame some if they didn't want to teach any Americans at all. But despite all that, WLP is actually very open to teaching Westerners. We are still all one in the eyes of God & Tao!

enouch - Good correction! Point being though, without that loophole, he probably would never had made it or stayed here due to our strict, anti-Chinese legislation.

Edited by vortex

Frankly Ken, for someone who's supposed to be a devoted follower of something as high level as Longmen Pai, you respond like a beginner who has no control over his emotions.

You could have taken a different path when responding here, one of information, patience. But no, you respond like an uncontrollable 10 year old.

Vortex, I completely agree with you on the policies and acts of the past of the West. Within the US look at the American Indians, Mexicans, Blacks, etc..

Hmm, yeah that was more than a little rude of Ken. But he is right: there are many other teachers you can learn from, who can give you more personal communication and also not charge you thousands of dollars. And maybe some of them are even comparable to Master Wang. :)

Actually this is how i respond to whiner like you. I am not a high level master so I don't need to be patient or be respectful to people like you who frankly don't deserve it anyway.

Frankly Ken, for someone who's supposed to be a devoted follower of something as high level as Longmen Pai, you respond like a beginner who has no control over his emotions.

You could have taken a different path when responding here, one of information, patience. But no, you respond like an uncontrollable 10 year old.

Vortex, I completely agree with you on the policies and acts of the past of the West. Within the US look at the American Indians, Mexicans, Blacks, etc..

Right on HouTian, so who is your Master, I have read your old posts and you seemed to have lied and tried to swindle money here for claiming to getting poeple to attend one of Master Wang's seminar, which proven to be fictitious. I hope your Master if you have one doesn't mind you calling him a swindler. :lol:

p.s. disclaimer here, I am not Master Wang's student, I am just one of the public who attended a seminar or two, hardly can be considered a student, a participant maybe.

Theres an old saying, The Master Is Reflected In The Students.

Edited by Ken

Kens on fire today ha ha ha :D Great to see

These minor Disagreements tend to get sorted Quickly. No matter what your cultivation level, Human Emotion is a part of everday life,Nobody is perfect,even taoist masters.

B)

These minor Disagreements tend to get sorted Quickly. No matter what your cultivation level, Human Emotion is a part of everday life,Nobody is perfect,even taoist masters.

I guess most people in the US don't understand that.

And i guess people still don't understand how bad is the economic crisis in USA right now

You are ridiculous, don't EVEN compare yourself to Master Wang..... Remember you are NOBODY, you don't deserved to be taught anything.

You are ridiculous, don't EVEN compare yourself to Master Wang..... Remember you are NOBODY, you don't deserved to be taught anything.

i belive you must be really stupid

who that hell do you think you are

i don't like people that use to said that i am ridiculous, or that i can not compare myself to Wang Liping

so do you mean i am less worth as a person that Wang Liping? And who that hell are you to say to me i am nobody!? So i should just jump from a high house?

And who that hell are you to say:

that i am not deserved to be taught something? are you God to judge me and said these things you had said?

be carefully because the way you judge God going to judge you!

In my opinion to save all that money to just meet Liping Wang, is not wise, why not just stand alone in the woods or just listen to the rain, you will find uch good feelings that you don't need any Wang Liping or such high price teacher, i belive you have just forget how great life is just to live it , and i belive you have just forget how great is to save money just in case things happens like the crisis in USA or things like that!

Not sure what you are babbling about. What does this have to do with God?

Do whatever you want man, whatever you want.

gghhaaaaaaa :lol::lol::D:D

hihihihihih

yes belive it or not everything have to do whit God God is everywere you can in fact call God for Tao if you want :D

Guys guys guys just want to say find a genuine martial art and or qi gong teacher in your area, and you will feel so happy and whit the thunders and rain to listen what more you need :rolleyes::D

i belive God had put these genuine martial arts and qi gong teachers in your area to learn from them first instead of to pay so much money for a teacher like Wang Liping that live so far away!

ps. to relax :lol:

ps. to remember rain :lol:

Not really, too much fire burns out the kidneys...

A verifiable epidemic over here in the West.

Better do some more tree qigong, Ken! :D

How many people here will go to the workshop in JInhua? My colleague will go.

For the Daoism (Taoism) seekers,

1. Chinese official site for 2009 Taoist Master Wang Liping's public teaching in China:

http://www.3qing.org/Activety/index.aspx

2. The google English translation for the above site:

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev...history_state0=

3. More information in English:

http://www.dao-de.org/dragongate/news/news.html

Master Wang Liping welcomes anyone to directly speak to him any concerns about himself and his Daoism system during his public teaching in Jinhua.

If you have questions, please use following information to contact the organizing committee. Jinhua Taoist Association (homepage, http://www.3qing.org/).

Jinhua Taoist Association of Zhejiang Province, Chinese Taoist culture and health summer camp the first phase of the organizing committee.

Teacher Zhou,

Phone: 13566761665,

E-mail: [email protected],

Mailing address: Immortal Huang palace of Jinhua Double Dragon scenic area, Jinhua City, Zhejiang Province. 21023.

Great news vortex!

I look forward to hearing more about this in the future.

Is this Laozi Academy something Kathy Li and other American students of Master Wang are doing or is it a collaborative thing? Is it located in Atlanta or does it even have a physical location?

It is really good news.

A new greeting from Master Wang Liping congratulating the recent establishment of an official Longmen Pai outpost in the USA:

Great news vortex!

I look forward to hearing more about this in the future.

Is this Laozi Academy something Kathy Li and other American students of Master Wang are doing or is it a collaborative thing? Is it located in Atlanta or does it even have a physical location?

Yup, it is the branch that Kathy Li is spearheading here. I guess the "physical location" would be Atlanta, but that's just my assumption.

I think Vortex has made some good points there.

Besides, if you read the Dragon Gate book, it's pretty clear there that the training is anything BUT easy or confortable or designed for anyone to have a bite at it...

Do not believe so much what is written in books.

I like and believe these sort of teachings a lot more:

The Dragon Gate book looks to me catered to feed the emotional mind. Jedi-like tricks and fantasy are not the real deal.

Do not believe so much what is written in books.

I like and believe these sort of teachings a lot more:

The Dragon Gate book looks to me catered to feed the emotional mind. Jedi-like tricks and fantasy are not the real deal.

i don't know man, ask the ones that went to worshops :rolleyes:

besides, the Cleary translation is sloppy

i don't know man, ask the ones that went to worshops :rolleyes:

besides, the Cleary translation is sloppy

The translator of the book into Russian was present at the Moscow seminar I attended. (It was the second version, the first translation by someone else was thought of as sloppy by people who read both Russian and Chinese and know WLP, and the second one was highly regarded by them.) She told me about how and why she'd undertaken the task. She is a Sinologist, an elderly, well-regarded translator of Chinese texts. On a trip to China a number of years ago, she chanced upon visiting a taoist monastery where the monks impressed her with their attitudes and abilities, so she asked them what system they were practicing. This, they told her, giving her WLP's biography! She said she spent a few years contemplating the book before translating it. The interesting part of the account is that a bunch of "professional" monks apparently know better than to consider this book a work of fiction. :)

• Like 1

The book is based on his true story - but obviously has been condensed and dramatized into a more readable narrative.

From firsthand accounts though, it appears that there's been plenty of other impressive anecdotes and feats he casually performs that could easily fill another book in itself. In fact, I'd love to read a book written by students about their interesting experiences with him...

The really sad thing though is that he had kept a meticulous training journal spanning years...that he had to destroy once they all started traveling (at least according to the book). I still can't believe what a tragic & immeasurable loss to humanity that was. :(

I mean, if I could ever read his personal training diary...! :blink:

Edited by vortex