father against son and son against father

and they will be lifted up, being solitaries."

Ā 

GoT #16

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

"Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."
"I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe."
-- Richard Phillips Feynman

Ā 

Ā 
"I seem to be a verb."
-- Buckminster Fuller

Ā 

Ā 
"God has no religion."
-- M. Gandhi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, redcairo said:
"I seem to be a verb."
-- Buckminster Fuller

Ā 

Ā 

I just wanted to repeat that.Ā  I have said the same thing about Tao.

Ā 

• Like 1

Raja yoga, samadhi, unmani, manonmani, amaratva, laya, tatva,Ā sunya, asunya, parama pada,Ā amanaska,Ā advaita, niralamba, niranjana,Ā jivanmukti, sahaja and turiya denote the same state of being.

Just as with salt dissolved in water becomes one with it, so the union ofĀ AtmanĀ andĀ ManasĀ (mind) is denominated samadhi,
When the breath becomes exhausted, and mind becomesĀ PraliyateĀ (still, reabsorbed), they fuse into union called samadhi.

Ā 

This equality, this oneness of the two, the living self and the absolute self, when allĀ SankalpaĀ (desire, cravings) end is called samadhi.

Ā 

ā€”ā€‰Hath Yoga Pradipika, 4.3 - 4.7

Ā 

• Like 1

"There are some ideas so bad only an intellectual could believe them."

Ā 

-- George Orwell

• Like 1

"Cheap spirituality" - I love that phrase.Ā  I put it up there with fake Asian sprituality, "Kung fooey".

Democracy:Ā  The rather naive notion that the greediest of people, working from selfish motives, if left to pursue their interests unimpeded... will somehow work to the benefit of all.

Ā 

Oligarchy:Ā  Born of Democracy.

• Thanks 1

The greediest of people will keep doing what they do regardless of the government they have in their pockets.

Ā 

• Thanks 1

"It is known to him to whom It is unknown; he to whom It is known does not know It. It is unknown to those who know, and known to those who know not." ~Kena Upanishad

Ā 

'The one who thinks he does not know is profound, and the one who thinks he knows is shallow. The former deals with the inner reality, the latter with appearance.' Zhuangzi. (Lin Yutang)

• Like 3

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation." - George Washington

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1