GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

11 minutes ago, OldDog said:

The confusing statement has to do with Daoist meditation and alchemy.

Within the center of the heart-mind, there is another heart-mind. In this heart of the heart–mind, there is a resonance (intent) which precedes words.

It refers, as I understand it, to a kind of spiritual intelligence that develops within but apart from understanding gained through words or experienced through emotions. 

I am still pondering this idea but it has a certain appeal. This is largely the subject matter of The Thread of Dao, by Dan G Ried, where he goes into great detail comparing and contrasting what he calls proto-daoist texts. 

First hinted at in the Upanishads about 600-900 BC

1 hour ago, OldDog said:

The confusing statement has to do with Daoist meditation and alchemy.

Within the center of the heart-mind, there is another heart-mind. In this heart of the heart–mind, there is a resonance (intent) which precedes words.

It refers, as I understand it, to a kind of spiritual intelligence that develops within but apart from understanding gained through words or experienced through emotions. 

I am still pondering this idea but it has a certain appeal. This is largely the subject matter of The Thread of Dao, by Dan G Ried, where he goes into great detail comparing and contrasting what he calls proto-daoist texts. 

I'll take your word for that but I have no intention of researching it.

On 6/5/2018 at 11:13 AM, Stosh said:

"Enlightenment,  is the event which happens , when one recognizes,  that one is really very tired of considering ones-self unenlightened, and decides to stop." 

That's just a new age pacifier dished out for those who aren't there and aren't going to get there either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

That's just a new age pacifier dished out for those who aren't there and aren't going to get there either.

It worked for Gotama..

10 hours ago, Stosh said:

It worked for Gotama..

No it didn't.  I know how it works, and that isn't it.

Are you implying that statement came from him?

1 minute ago, Starjumper said:

No it didn't.  I know how it works, and that isn't it.

Are you implying that statement came from him?

I thought you were 'old school Taoist' the kind chasing immortality, divining with oracle bones , and contracting sphincters ,and kicking things ,  for various reasons .

What would you personally know of enlightenment? which is beyond the gods and not even Taoist? 

• Like 1

I'm not chasing anything, I already am an immortal, and I had my enlightenment experience over twenty years ago.  You go run along now and continue playing in your dream state with the other bozos @Stosh

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I'm not chasing anything, I already am an immortal, and I had my enlightenment experience over twenty years ago.  You go run along now and continue playing in your dream state with the other bozos @Stosh

Sounds like the 'new age' soup of ideologies to me , since enlightenment leads to nirvana  which is the cessation of being involved with samsara , as an immortal, you've forever excluded yourself from that possibility. Try just picking one tradition.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Sounds like the 'new age' soup of ideologies to me , since enlightenment leads to nirvana  which is the cessation of being involved with samsara , as an immortal, you've forever excluded yourself from that possibility. Try just picking one tradition.

I see your 'ideologies' are the result of lots of reading, you are confused.   I represent a pure Taoist tradition that goes back around 4000 years, you know nothing of my tradition, nor of Taoist nei kung, worm.  Enlightenment for me is ongoing, and is unfolding as being a cessation of being involved with bozos on forums.  Any one who believes that immortals aren't enlightened is like way stupid.  We're done now.

Edited by Starjumper

10 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I see your 'ideologies' are the result of lots of reading, you are confused.   I represent a pure Taoist tradition that goes back around 4000 years, you know nothing of my tradition, nor of Taoist nei kung, worm.  Enlightenment for me is is ongoing, and is unfolding as being a cessation of being involved with bozos on forums.  Any one who believes that immortals aren't enlightened is like way stupid.  We're done now.

I'm saddened that you feel this way , I've always liked you , and still do. I thought you were in the mood to roughhouse. My bad. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I'm saddened that you feel this way , I've always liked you , and still do. I thought you were in the mood to roughhouse. My bad. Sorry.

It's nice of you to say that, but forums are too yang to do roughhousing and theres too much crap slinging going on around here by some of our favorite morons, I think you know who; and dragons are too simple minded to appreciate it.  I always liked you too and was a bit dismayed by your responses.  Anyway, I originally came on the forum to advertise my place here, which appears to be worthless, and I tire of interchanges on forums.  My goal is to meditate and practice more.  Ya'll have a nice ass day now.

45 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

It's nice of you to say that, but forums are too yang to do roughhousing and theres too much crap slinging going on around here by some of our favorite morons, I think you know who; and dragons are too simple minded to appreciate it.  I always liked you too and was a bit dismayed by your responses.  Anyway, I originally came on the forum to advertise my place here, which appears to be worthless, and I tire of interchanges on forums.  My goal is to meditate and practice more.  Ya'll have a nice ass day now.

Ok, but consider this,  new agers , they want what everyone wants. They want people to be nice and honest and genuine , they want a rich life , where they can see meaning.  They would really like to have support which points them in a good direction etc, but the old paradigms don't resonate with them. They do credit the ancient time tested paths with potential legitimacy but , cant bring themselves to see with the same level of credibility , the old thought forms. 

Brahma now needs to be understood as a symbolic representation of spiritual actualities rather than a 'being'.. and so forth. What you have to offer them is a bridge of sorts , between old and new. Instead of wanting them to somehow grasp things in the same way of 4000 yrs ago, bring the vision forward to where they are at now. Embrace them in the way so they can see what you do, and then y'all can both thrive. The toughest role is always that of the teacher. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Thanks for the chuckles Stosh and Starjumper.

What's so funny, philosopher?  That the troll got trolled?   Well I guess I assed for it. 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2018 at 3:45 AM, Marblehead said:

"Choose the life that is most useful, and habit will make it the most agreeable." - Francis Bacon

Hi Dada-da,

aacdfd4f14561dc274e6cf3886d4ac3a.jpg

495784200-fa65c6beb8263d2c8044e3e5b6e2c9c4.jpg

- LimA

• Like 1

"If you take care of the small things, the big things take care of themselves. You can gain more control over your life by paying closer attention to the little things." - Emily Dickinson

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

If you take care of the small things, the big things take care of themselves. You can gain more control over your life by paying closer attention to the little things." - Emily Dickinson

Emily's take on TTC63?

Deal with the difficult while yet it is easy;
Deal with the big while yet it is small.

Therefore the Sage by never dealing with great (problems) Accomplishes greatness.

; )

• Like 1

That's what I thought when I first read it.  Doesn't matter though.  Still valid regardless of who says it.

"The world has never had nor does it now possess stability, notwithstanding the complaints of some unfaithful and wavering souls. But, in truth, whatever takes place is well-pleasing, for the divine wisdom has ordained it. Without His command and will, not a leaf can stir, and whatever occurs is conformable to wisdom. All must be contented with it, nay eagerly desire it. However, in some cases, such as when the sweetness of reunion gives way to the bitterness of separation and, likewise, when, by the decree of remoteness, nearness and meeting are banished--this causes sighs of sorrow and grief to be upraised and the tears to flow. Otherwise, the matter is as some of the philosophers have cited from the words of Hermes: 'It is impossible for the realm of creation to be better than it already is.'"-Baha’u’llah 

(Reminded me of the Zhuangzi when I read it)

• Like 1

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

• Like 1

"This is your world

your the creator

Find freedom

'Cuz you can do it"

"There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend."

------Bob Ross

• Like 2