These guys are rather unusual - Mongolian Rock

They got stuck in Sydney due to quarantine 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

These guys are rather unusual - Mongolian Rock

They got stuck in Sydney due to quarantine 

Love them! 

Reminds me of these guys from Japan, Ningen Isu... these three retirees shredding hard.

Japanese Millenials:  Man!  Our Elders are really draggin our culture down!

NIngen Isu:  Oh really?  Hold my sake!

More distinctly now, the connections emanate with even more accute distinction, due to the physical isolation.

Where connection abides... no amount of physical distance can create true separation or diminish authentic connection.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2020 at 1:46 AM, silent thunder said:

This morning, these two, looped, playing concurrently...

along with this one @ 20% volume in the background

Here is a different 'take' on rain  (in Indonesia ) .

Golden Rain -   I did a gamalan workshop years back and got to play in one , the guy that directed the workshop ( the head of the gamalan orchestra of Sydney Uni ) was very proud of this piece , it was written by his teacher and won acclaim .  However we never tried to play it !   Phew !   The beginner piece we did was complex enough for me .  Each part for the individual isnt that complex , but when it comes together  .... WOW !    ( I chose the two largest gongs to play .... being more of a bass/ rhythm/beat  type )

• Like 1

Golden Rain -   I did a gamalan workshop years back and got to play in one , the guy that directed the workshop ( the head of the gamalan orchestra of Sydney Uni ) was very proud of this piece , it was written by his teacher and won acclaim .  However we never tried to play it !   Phew !   The beginner piece we did was complex enough for me .  Each part for the individual isnt that complex , but when it comes together  .... WOW !    ( I chose the two largest gongs to play .... being more of a bass/ rhythm/beat  type )

Outstanding complexity!

Absolutely love it.

That brings back such memories!

I played in a Balinese Gamelan throughout college. I played gangsa.

You struck the keys while using the other hand to follow behind and damp the key you just struck. When the tempo picked up it was insane!

Never played anything like your teacher's composition... WOW!!!

• Like 1