sean

What are you listening to?

Amazed at this Harold Budd album -- no effects, just piano:

I'm often fascinated with music that sounds so close to disintegration that it almost isn't music anymore.  I know this isn't most people's cup of tea, but I find these silences spellbinding.

• Like 1

I'm often fascinated with music that sounds so close to disintegration that it almost isn't music anymore.  I know this isn't most people's cup of tea, but I find these silences spellbinding.

beauty!

beautiful, you probably know the Canto Ostinato

• Like 1

Yeah, I just read that a few minutes ago.  A not-nice surprise.

Edited by Marblehead

That's a nice integration of styles.

Actually, I wanted t see more of the lady belly dancing.

Edited by Marblehead

Have you heard the disintegration loops by William Basinski ?

• Like 1

Blue Eyed Snake -  re: Canto Ostinato actually no - but I do now! - thank you...

Karl - yes, I do like Basinski's work.  I only discovered him last year.

I go through cycles (no pun intended) in my listening habits -- I must be back in that strange experimental / minimalist / drone / soundscape zone again, where overall texture and color is the main feature rather than the traditional elements of melody, harmonic progression, and rhythm.  I listen to classical at least 75% of the time, but these musical detours also fascinate me. 

• Like 1

Blue Eyed Snake -  re: Canto Ostinato actually no - but I do now! - thank you...

Karl - yes, I do like Basinski's work.  I only discovered him last year.

I go through cycles (no pun intended) in my listening habits -- I must be back in that strange experimental / minimalist / drone / soundscape zone again, where overall texture and color is the main feature rather than the traditional elements of melody, harmonic progression, and rhythm.  I listen to classical at least 75% of the time, but these musical detours also fascinate me. 

I came across Basinski several years ago. I can't listen to much of it as it sounds very melancholy to me. It seems to mirror the decay in the Western world.

• Like 1

Trying to learn the terrific 5 minute outro solo on this piece by Camel-Ice