sean

What are you listening to?

Hi Marblehead, "That was not enough! They killed it with music!"

Yeah, I know.  That slapped me aside the head the first time I read it many years ago.  Music was my first love and it still exists today.

And actually, Nietzsche spoke to this too.  I know that Nietzsche was speaking to the formalized music of his day with little variance from an established standard, which, of course, restricts creativity.

Although Chuang Tzu spoke very little to this I think he was speaking to the same thing.  But mostly music used in rites, rituals, and ceremonies.  Very structured with no allowance for creativity.

But he also spoke negatively about the creation of the sixth pitch so I have never come to a conclusion regarding his opinion of music.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Did this last week, I'm still listening to it (does that count?)- using a Tonewood amp on "plate" echo, low volume:

sometimes I don't know why I like my own stuff, but if I do anyway, I keep it.

Edited by Mark Foote

Yes, you may be right...

I just "googled" the track on YouTube and listened on the speakers - but didn't watch the video.

This is better, I think: -

However, it raises the possibility of an interesting discussion that I'll pick-up in my PPF (in order to avoid thread-hijacking... :) )

:)