sean

What are you listening to?

I've mentioned "buck dancing" a few times here over the years and it dawned on me that most Bums probably have never heard of it (except perhaps as a lyric in a Grateful Dead tune...)

Here's an example:

Just so happens that I know Arthur from the old days. He's best known as a clogger but he's mostly buck dancing here. The difference between clogging and buck dancing? Well, think "down & back" (clogging) vs. "out & up" (buck dancing).

• Like 2

I have never seen Arthur clog but he sure would be a great clogger. He's a great buck dancer too. And he has a pretty great fiddle player too.

• Like 1

I have never seen Arthur clog but he sure would be a great clogger. He's a great buck dancer too. And he has a pretty great fiddle player too.

Yep! The Carolina Chocolate Drops are awesome!!!

• Like 1

The Pilgrim, Chapter 33

EDIT: BTW, his daughter teaches dance in the small town where I live. I was also an extra in one of his movies. Small world...

Edited by Brian
After-thought

Substantial! I used to have the Happy Fuck You Songs CD...good stuff (if you like that kind of thing ^_^ )

• Like 1

Substantial! I used to have the Happy Fuck You Songs CD...good stuff (if you like that kind of thing ^_^ )

Line drop is very enjoyable. Sounds less dumb than Nino Bless on the same tetris sample too.

• Like 1

yeah I know...

Yeah, I know, Funk is no longer popular. But that is a very tight band with great sounds. They need a lead singer, like maybe a reincarnated James Brown or Wilson Pickett.

I'm not good with genres... would you consider this funk?

(from my hometown)