Trixter Streetcat

kunlun book questions

Funny! :lol: From what I've read so far it feels like it's good to be cautious especially if it could lead to health problems. I'm just not going to go there right now. I'm in no rush for any of this. Thanks to everyone for the great advice. Joe.

imho, I wouldnt let something like that hold me back from trying a practice, especially if I didnt have an established routine or practice I've fallen in love with yet. :)

imho, I wouldnt let something like that hold me back from trying a practice, especially if I didnt have an established routine or practice I've fallen in love with yet. :)

Guess I'm built differently. There has been two Kunlun books and inbetween the first one and the second one students practiced what was written. There has been lots of hands on practice :lol: in regards to retention, if no one was able to follow through or if students had problems and turned to other techniques that worked better I would have expected an update in the new Kunlun book. It just seems to me with something like this that can cause health problems there should be an update. I've been reading doing more reasearch and it's a big issue. it may be an old practice but there's something obviously wrong with it and doesn't benefit some men. I told you I have a problem with things like this. What if i just had the book and hadn't read the great advice here from students, or was too stupid to ask and couldn't recognize if I was doing myself harm? So I will wait for the updated version. I'm meditating and shaking with Keeney in the meantime. Joe.

Edited by farmerjoe

to each his own, brother :) me personally, if I've gone and dug up the information, why would I worry if it was in print or not? not trying to coerce you one way or the other!

Edited by joeblast

Alchemy is no joke, there are always risks. You think turning your body from what it is now into pure energy might NOT involve some very drastic transformations? If you are scared of wolves, dont go into the forest. A zen master said something like, "better not to start, if started, better to finish." I hear my brain cracking and ripping daily, if that sounds like something you cant take, then wait for another teacher, another book, or another lifetime. I find this semen retention for 3 months worry truly laughable, sorry people. 20th century medical doctors dont even know what jing or chi is, how could they possibly offer up a balanced or knowlegable opinion? They dont know what cultivation is, what the transformations are, what an ethereal body looks like.

Any spiritual practise done half-way or in fear can fuck you up good, but many of us feel the call too strongly to worry about potentialities. You can trust that your body wants to evolve you, and the shocking transformations are for your good, and that meditations such as emptiness and kunlun1 which are non-forceful, are the safest variety.

As you wish :) I have a tendency to try to get to the bottom of things, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. Just trying to be helpful, sounds like we might not have been on the same page concerning topic. Anyway, best of luck in your journey!

I have a new question.

is it seriously contraindicated to do kunlun L1 more than once a day? I've been having a hard time staying in position for long, which I fear might be hindering the process. I've done it once already this morning. would it be too bad to do it again this evening?

thank you for replies...

I have a new question.

is it seriously contraindicated to do kunlun L1 more than once a day? I've been having a hard time staying in position for long, which I fear might be hindering the process. I've done it once already this morning. would it be too bad to do it again this evening?

thank you for replies...

What aspect of the position do you find dissicult? and what position do you want to move into instead?

From my experience you can do K1 several times a day - just make sure you close down thoroughly each time.

just a newbie, but I'd vote to stay in the position as long as comfy and just move/reposition as you feel like.

I have an urgent question about kunlun practice so i am putting it here.

What do you do if someone can't sleep after doing kunlun?

I showed someone who has not been to the workshop how to do the Travelling Hands lying down, with a close of right over left hand. The sensations during the move where of uncomfortable ticklishness, which is typical for her while doing energy work.

I tried to get on the Kunlun forum but am having trouble.

thanks

C

That's my opinion. I've only had it work once so far.

Cool. I've tried a few times, but I always "give up" by changing posture, rolling over and going to sleep (I don't often sleep on my back) How long did you hold the posture for?

I'm not sure...10 minutes? Maybe time doesn't matter. The key (I think) is relaxing your body and drifting off to sleep in the posture.

I use tons of different pillows to make it as easy as possible. Under the knees to keep the kua from shortening and pulling on the low back. Under the low back to slightly lengthen it. Under the shoulders and neck to open the chest, and allow the head to drop back a little bit so that the spine is all in line. Then under my elbows to make sure the hands are in the right place...then I also kind of rest my fingers on my torso so that they stay in the mudra without me trying to keep them in it.

After all of that preparatory work, then relaxing and passing out. Then effortlessly in the hypnagogic state, it happens. For me, I "saw" an astral hand and forearm come into my crown and press on something in my chest. But if you're looking for something to happen, you're not going to enter that state of mind.

Fun stuff. :lol:

I have a new question.

I do it up to five times a day. I lean back in the chair when my back or something hurts. This is formless nei gong, which means once the energy if flowing you can get in any position you want. At seminars people a lying down, flopping around, dancing, talking in tongues, whatever.

C

Farmer joe knows what he's doing, even if he's not sure about that yet. ;) We are all different and our inner guidance is the most important thing always to our own development. The "best" practice isn't always the best...it was just the best for some people.

Thank you Scotty! Joe.

I don't think it is contraindicated to practice more than once, probably better for you as long as you are grounding and closing down at the end. I asked a similar question about times of day and you can practice anytime. I asked this question because I also could not do the whole hour due to back problems so now I do 2 half hour sets with close down at different times on days when I make time for it. I think we will build a tolerance but my upper back definately hurts and I wish this was not so. I also do not think just sitting back is activating the energy anymore so I think it is much better to remain in the position, personally I don't believe the kunlun is being activated by just sitting back, otherwise it would say to do this in the book and then I could watch a movie and be doing kunlun for 2 hours. There is some intense energy working through the group at the seminars, and that is why some are rolling on the ground, but I don't think this is the typical experience for people at home every night when they practice. Just my opinion, I love this stuff and want to work to up to 2 hours a day at some point, but I wish there was a way to loosen up my upper back. Maybe massage I don't know.

I didn't read all the replies here, but here's a few things that really helped me in the beginning.

It is recommended that you do exactly what your instincts dictate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Practice Times

5 am - 7 am - For health. Yang Qi for healing.

1 pm - 3 pm - Forbidden time to practice. Too hot.

7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - Good time for Kunlun. (balancing)

11 pm - 1 am - Time of spiritual powers. Daoist magick. Good time for Red Phoenix to develop abilities. More cooling time.

2:00 am - 4:00 am - Connect with living things outside of this world. All the Masters are up at this time. Also, if you are curious about things outside of our normal perception...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kunlun is a spontaneous practice- the more you let go, the faster the progress. It could be renamed "The practice of letting go". And the most important parts of it are smiling and relaxation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

keeping an indirect mind, the one breath circulation, and keeping the mind within the heart is the key laugh.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

most important when doing kunlun, PLAY, PLAY, PLAY my friend, we say cut off your head, feel with every part of your being, do some laughter type method before practice, also what helps people who are too in the mind, think about this, when you play with a woman, you know what i mean, you are in that kunlun mind, in the moment, ecstatic, orgasmic,

use this feeling, generate it, like you had a beautiful woman on your lap, connected together in union, like yam yum posture you see in thankas of tibet, then combine this feeling with deep slow rotating movements of your waist going clockwise, make the room illuminated by candles, bright light distracts you laugh.gif

---

its important to relax your mind in the childlike state before practice, the falling down is when the adult mind has had enough of its own personal stimmulation, and basically gets kicked out so that the boy can merge with the higher element in your heart not your mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its quality of what your doing, not quantity

"Two things Max always stresses:

1. Smile "Max also said that the difference between enlightenment and not is a smile."

2. Keep a child-like mind.

If you enter the practice with this state of mind, and look at it like "playing a game", I really think you'll have a much better experience.

Of course, we all have inner "demons", emotional blocks that we have to face. The practice will bring this out, as well. Still, even in these moments, trying to smile through it helps a lot. You eventually realize the absurdity of these blocks and will probably end up laughing in bliss. In the end, there is such a great feeling of clarity and peace.

Hope you find the strength to try again with a fresh state of mind.

Either way, smile."

(Dakini)

The following are only my opinions, I'm not qualified to instruct.

I've practice Kunlun in just about every position. After a certain point, the initiating position is no longer needed. Kunlun is a downward flowing letting go. I have always been able to stop it if I wish, which is the beauty of the practice, but with such beautiful ecstatic flows, I don't want to. smile.gif

Hope this helps a little bit.

Michael smile.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RP is very much associated with 'manifestation' - so you're meant to do it in a good mood, relaxed, non-forcing. This is also what I heard from other third eye practices. In K1 it matters less, since you're unleashing an internal pre-heaven energy which is pre-good/bad...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Max has indicated that it is very cool to do KL on day and RP another.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"you decide when you wake up." (Max)

I do remember max saying that you don't want to make your practice routine, Like some thing you only do from 2-4 every day. It should be more of a spontaneous thing.

Know why you are practicing, and remember and reintend that before your practice session. Probably the most important thing. I've heard this from several sources including Max.

Edited by ddilulo_06