Mak_Tin_Si

For dog lovers- becareful!

What buddha you talking abuot...??? Buddha do not kill.

Naturally, all dogs or things should be free to express themselves and

not be caged up. This point I agree. I can see from your Taoist perspective

that they do not have dogs. However, I also believe that it is still

possible to study the Tao and still have the company of dogs as your

friends. However, the relationship must be equally balanced just like

if you were out in the forest and all you had was a dog there to accompany

you. Its no different. The dog will help protect you from other

animals. You in return will protect the dog in other ways. Its a

beneficial relationship.

If you were to study in a temple where, the

only thing threatening you is evil spirits, then a dog has no purpose. So

of course keeping a dog around will only make you feel dirty. If

you don't clean up the shit, you will step on it. :)

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

Your "study of tao" is different than what I am talking about. What I am talking about is when you train under a master and a lineage, you have to learn and practise which raise your energy level to another stage. You can ask about how FAAT is different than QI to any of my students here on this forum. They will be able to tell you this. When you reach a certain level, you find that dogs are not comfortable to be with all the time. Yes, we are not AFRAID of dogs, of course, but we just don;t like them around with us, living.

There is an effect. Not a belief.

Mak Tin Si

Please explain the effect. Dogs have a keen sense of energy. Maybe its the dogs that

are not comfortable being around you with the high energy and not necessarily the other way around.

I haven't had a dog for a long time, so I"m not sure how he would respond to the extra

energy. I would think he would be suspicious. So from an energy perspective I can

understand this.

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

How can I explain "hot" to you when you do not know what "hot" feels like?

I just don't know how unless you do train under a master in taoism for a long time. But by then, you answer yourself already, why ask? If you have not felt it yet, then practise harder, it's just not time yet because you haven't reach that point yet.

How do you know I don't know what hot is or feels like? I simply said I have not been around animals or had a dog for a long time.

I had a deer come up to me a while back when I took a walk. For a deer to just come up to me

tells me he/she is curious of something. Most deers before would run when the hear a sound.

You don't need to explain, I know the reason. I just wanted to hear your perspective.

How can I explain "hot" to you when you do not know what "hot" feels like?

I just don't know how unless you do train under a master in taoism for a long time. But by then, you answer yourself already, why ask? If you have not felt it yet, then practise harder, it's just not time yet because you haven't reach that point yet.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

What buddha you talking abuot...??? Buddha do not kill.

:D

Hahaa, No, Buddha may not have killed but that is a favorite expression of mine :)

Was told a story along time ago by a Didi or a Dada, it was a confused telling of an old tale.

Told in a jumble of three or four different languages to try and get the point across!

Afraid I only (maybe badly?) speak english so it made for a very fun and interesting time.

So understand this re-retelling is based on a faulty memory, bad reinterpretation, missing hand gestures,

and names that would have been replaced for my own limited understanding!

Like Buddha. It's a name I knew so it was used, the real name is your guess! Use the name you like best,

It went something like this ~ ... and doesn't mention dogs or poo at all I'm afraid?

A long time ago buddha and his buddy were walking through a little old town. It was getting to be dark

and they had been out wandering for many days. They were tired and dirty, road sore and weary.

And each of them just looked like a dusty bedraggled mess of a man. Buddha says to his buddy, Slim,

"Getting kinda hungry. You?" Slim says,"Yea, sure could go for a cup of joe?"

They walked on down the block a ways and decided to knock on the door of this huge house.

All the lights were on in the place, this man was obviously not worried bout his electric bill.

The gate was huge and doors were lavishly painted. By the gate was a man standing guard.

They stopped and looked in through the gate. The guard just looked back not saying a word.

Hay, now, my man?" Says buddha, "I Think your friend up in the house might want to talk with me.

Just let him know that Buddha is here." and he smiled that charming disarming smile of his.

The man took a step back. Smiled. Then went up to the house. It wasn't far and when the man

opened the door they could easily hear all that was said. The man looked down the drive and started laughing.

"Buddha!?! Those ragamuffins !?! HAHAAHA!Ask them what they want!" Guard went back down

to the gate and asked them. "Tell him we'd just like a bite to eat and a warm bath", says Slim.

"And maybe a bed for the night?" Says Buddha,"Thanks." The guard went back up the walk again.

They could see the man double over in laughter. And heard him hooping and howling as he slammed the door.

The guard came back a shrugged his shoulders and smiled. They walked on.

Slim thought that was a bit rude at the least. Buddha decided he should be blessed with "gold galore"

and riches beyond his wildest dreams.

As the past through town in the dark they started to pass by a little shack.

If it could be called that even? Some boards roughly nailed together to make a roof.

A skinny, mangy Cow was tethered out back. Buddha turned back to the house and knocked gently.

The door was answered by an old women as tattered and weathered as the dusty land she lived upon.

She was smiling and without hesitation bid them to come in. She apologized and said she was just making her meal

and offered them to share it with her. She brought them a chipped and cracked bowl of water for them to wash with.

Then brought them some soup. Hmm? She called it soup? It had a few grains of rice water and milk from the cow

and stuff that looked more like dried grass than anything else? They sat with her and started eating.

"Hey? That yer Cow?" says Slim. He was such an amazing conversationalist.

The lady just smiles then says "Yes. She is my life. All I have." She sips her soup from the chpped bowl.

The guests got her spoons. "We are all each other has. She keeps me alive and I keep her alive.

At night she comes in and sleeps inside with me. She keeps me warm and provides me with milk.

I feed her what I can find and keep the animals from her neck."

After they had eaten she spread out her matt for them to sleep by a little fire.

She slept on the dirt floor in a corner of the room. In the morning before the sun rose, they thanked her and left.

As they were walking by the house Slim turned and said "good bye, Cow." Buddha turned, waved, snapped his finger.

Life left the Cow and it dropped down, Dead. Slim was horrified as he walked down the road with his friend.

Adventually he turned and tackled Buddha like a linebacker. Buddha dropped like a leaf. Slim was Angry.

He wanted to know. How? Why? When she was so good to them sharing what little she had with them,

how could he kill her Cow??? When the Rich Dude just laughed at them Buddha gave him more riches

and yet he kills the Cow??? What The F??? ... He was very upset. Buddha, once he caught his breath

sat heavily on a dusty rock. He said" ya know, It is very hard for a rich man to become Enlightened.

Very, Very hard. Once you have a lot you want more, you want to protect it and add to it."

He was still panting. Slim was surprisingly strong? "When the Cows body fell to the earth?

At the same moment, indeed At that Very Moment the woman attained Enlightenment." He was still panting.

" You see, Slim??? That Cow was the one thing holding her back. Her one attachment? She treated us so well

with what little she had? That it seemed fitting for me to help her reach Enlightenment."

As they walked on Slim did understand. How a blessing could be a curse. How a curse could be a blessing.

How Buddha could kill a Cow.

The End :)

Ok. This is an old story with many versions, this one is told in the great folk tradition of making it ones own! So, um, no offense intended by my re-retelling of it, LOL! Just wanted to point out that yeh, sure we love our pets but at times the things we love can become our strongest attachments. We might all have to kill the cow at some point in our life ... whatever that might mean???

(No! Don't Kill Your Dog!!! That is Not What I mean!!!)

Stay well!

Shon

...And so Buddha killed the cow.

And slim got a pooper scooper :)

S'all good!

;)

I dont believe stepping in shit is bad luck ive heard some its good luck just the opposite!

How about little children in nappies that have shit themselves and its stuck in there pants for hrs sometimes (un-noticed) of course would you make a Fu and Bath for everytime your child shits itself?

Sure ive seen people in mental health rub shit in the face of the other patient which had Hep C and contracted it or got very ill is that bad luck of bad hygein and straight up dirty, stepping in dog shit and contracting Hep C now that would be bad luck even if they had shoes on? Im sure people wouldnt be happy getting shit thrown in your face would you?

I think your Taoist beliefs of Dog Shit is B.S to be honest and alittle over the top superstitious not to mention that if your gonna worry that you stepped in dog shit and get bad luck you cant live your life in FEAR everytime you want to do something in Taoist religion. I want to see a study done on this "Taoist Dog Shit stepping pattern". Come on man, dont you think its alittle over the top?

I do...

Your "study of tao" is different than what I am talking about. What I am talking about is when you train under a master and a lineage, you have to learn and practise which raise your energy level to another stage. You can ask about how FAAT is different than QI to any of my students here on this forum. They will be able to tell you this. When you reach a certain level, you find that dogs are not comfortable to be with all the time. Yes, we are not AFRAID of dogs, of course, but we just don;t like them around with us, living.

There is an effect. Not a belief.

I agree, there is an effect, and I can feel it, about not having dogs in particular.

I think your Taoist beliefs of Dog Shit is B.S to be honest and alittle over the top superstitious not to mention that if your gonna worry that you stepped in dog shit and get bad luck ...

There's another Taoist system for dealing with dog shit, and it's REAL Taoism. It comes to us from a long line of thousands of years of careful sages and martial artists. It's called being observant. WATCH wear you step. You can just say Fuk a Duk to Poo FUs. But for the religious who might be gazing up at the sky while walking along, busy busy thinking thinking; rather than observant, anything goes, the fuferpooferU could help you feel better, $80.

May the fu be with you, and with your spirit, Amen, Happy new Years, and pass the FAAT.

Edited by Starjumper7

Please explain the effect. Dogs have a keen sense of energy. Maybe its the dogs that

are not comfortable being around you with the high energy and not necessarily the other way around.

I haven't had a dog for a long time, so I"m not sure how he would respond to the extra

energy. I would think he would be suspicious. So from an energy perspective I can

understand this.

Dogs love it. If I come to someone's house with a dog, dogs just submit to you and start looking for attention. You can belly rub them in 10 minutes. :)

I love dogs. Little bundles of pure unconditional love and acceptance.

I did only say that TAOIST do not raise pets. It is because normal people are not same as taoist. Taoist want to be pure and get to another stage in nature, like maybe immortality or something simular, which means no pets allowed around. For normal people, who cares.

Please listen to my post (read) careful. I said TAOIST, not all people in china. You guys are really getting out of track here man. I just said about dog poo, now people are so off track to saying dogs are not good? what the..?

The dog can't take someone's purity. Covering a person from head to toe in dog's poo won't take his purity either. Before stepping into dog's poo you cut wood and carried water; after stepping into poo you cut wood and carried water. With a smile on your face... :)

P.S. wow, I used ";" for the first time in at least 2-3 years. That is really exciting... i should do that more often.

Before stepping into dog's poo you cut wood and carried water; after stepping into poo you cut wood and carried water.

Shit also contains Tao....

Dogs love it. If I come to someone's house with a dog, dogs just submit to you and start looking for attention. You can belly rub them in 10 minutes. :)

I love dogs. Little bundles of pure unconditional love and acceptance.

I'm happy for your success ; :D I love cats. If I use intent and "throw" energy at them when I'm doing kung fu they will move from where they are sitting (really weird) Mine won't cross a circle either, also really weird.

I find dogs a bit too friendly, I like an animal that will ignore you :)

This thread is really cool... it's like fu vs poo B)

Do you think when chimps fling their poo at pepole they're trying to attack them on a level beyond the physical?? :blink:

And what makes it so that poo becomes so much more unlucky when it's been released from the body? (other than the smell :lol: )

I mean we all got poo inside our intestine and it's not really effecting us ( I would guess), could it be that when it comes into contact with the air outside its energy structure changes to one which brings bad luck?

Or does our intestine somehow seal this unlucky energy so it can't get out?

Edited by baloneyx

I'm happy for your success ; :D I love cats. If I use intent and "throw" energy at them when I'm doing kung fu they will move from where they are sitting (really weird) Mine won't cross a circle either, also really weird.

I find dogs a bit too friendly, I like an animal that will ignore you :)

This thread is really cool... it's like fu vs poo B)

I like cats better too... Dogs are, well, stupid but lovable (I know, I know, dogs are smart ;-).

One of my sister's dog likes to come in my room and have at my cat's "buffet" of cat poo in the litter box.

I had to put up a gate so the dogs won't enter. Talk about a Shit Eating Grin on the dog as she's leaving.

Then she goes and licks my sister's face..... ha ha ha

Edited by Baguakid