Baguakid

Dr. Baolin Wu / White Cloud Monastery

Anyone know or study with this guy?

http://whitecloudqigong.com/wu.php

I have his book "Qigong for Total Wellness" and it's actually really good. It talks specifically about 9 palaces qigong. I'm only beginning using this method. So far, it seems pretty comprehensive. He gives a good background to the practice and includes a great meditation all in the hopes laying the proper foundation. And the practice itself is very simple. The best things in life always are :D

I have his book "Qigong for Total Wellness" and it's actually really good. It talks specifically about 9 palaces qigong. I'm only beginning using this method. So far, it seems pretty comprehensive. He gives a good background to the practice and includes a great meditation all in the hopes laying the proper foundation. And the practice itself is very simple. The best things in life always are :D

I see, I have his video tapes on the 9 palaces qigong and have visited his office when I was in California.

The tapes were ok but there were always students walking or standing in front of the camera as they are recordings of a seminar he gave. So, it takes some patience to view it all. I think he knows his stuff though.

I see, I have his video tapes on the 9 palaces qigong and have visited his office when I was in California.

The tapes were ok but there were always students walking or standing in front of the camera as they are recordings of a seminar he gave. So, it takes some patience to view it all. I think he knows his stuff though.

I agree, he's a well versed individual. And from what I can tell he gives true practices. For example, he says that ear flicking exercises can be used when you feel a cold coming on to prevent it all together. I tried it earlier this week, and I'm still cold free! :D Woo hoo!

Just want to revive this post because I'm really curious to see what other people on this forum have to say about him. Anybody? :lol:

Hey,

I was reading his site that talks about solar qi kung is that a type of sun gazing during Qi Kung or more visualizing the sun? The information is on his 9 palaces section on his site!

Also where can u get his dvds?

Ape

Hey,

I was reading his site that talks about solar qi kung is that a type of sun gazing during Qi Kung or more visualizing the sun? The information is on his 9 palaces section on his site!

Also where can u get his dvds?

Ape

From what I've read so far, which is not a whole lot, you do neither. You just face in the direction of the sun while doing the practices and harmonize your body with the energy given off by the sun.

I checked out some of his book on google books and was really impressed with the simplicity, and also a lot of info not being found anywhere else.

Just ordered it!

Yeah, super impressed. I think all of those interested in Taoist alchemy should check out this book...it contains a lot of great and rare info that you won't find anywhere else!

• Like 1

Scotty,

I ordered this book a few days ago based on your recommendation, and seeing it on Google books. I am excited.

I'll let you all know what I think of it when it arrives. :D

I agree, he's a well versed individual. And from what I can tell he gives true practices. For example, he says that ear flicking exercises can be used when you feel a cold coming on to prevent it all together. I tried it earlier this week, and I'm still cold free! :D Woo hoo!
Cool, how exactly do you do that?

Cool, how exactly do you do that?

Get his book - the 9 palaces qigong...its all in there

Yeah, super impressed. I think all of those interested in Taoist alchemy should check out this book...it contains a lot of great and rare info that you won't find anywhere else!

Scotty, thanks for leading me on to this book! This book is awesome and strangely underrated! But I found it somewhat difficult to read. It would take a while to read, extract practicable information, organize it and formulate some sort of a manual. But it seems it is worth doing all that.

Someone mentioned about a video of this form. Is is still available?

Anyone know or study with this guy?

http://whitecloudqigong.com/wu.php

Probably pretty good stuff. My teacher studied with the abbot at the temple of the White Cloud and spoke highly of this training. I know I had 2 of the most amazing non-linear experiences at the Temple of the White Cloud, definitely awesome place. The Stillness-Movement that I teach encompasses the inner teachings from the Temple of the White Cloud.

That said, this turns me off; DR. WU: "Qi Gong is breath."

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 2

After reading the whole book: I think the warm up is the best part. As to the actual 9 palaces qigong set, I'm probably not going to give it a try because I have too much on my plate right now and it just doesn't jive with me. Will someone else try it and post results?

But the warm up section (which is most of the book) is totally worth the cost of the book, I think.

And Ya Mu, there are a lot of things which turn me away from Dr Wu...like his website talking about 2012 and somehow hinting that qigong will help us avoid the catastrophes that are to come. :rolleyes:

I'm reading this book right now (I'm up to page 55) and I think this book is really great. It gives tons of information and background and to me seems like he really knows what he is talking about.

I'll be doing the practice for sure (I've skipped ahead a little to skim), and will let people know how it goes.

After reading the whole book: I think the warm up is the best part. As to the actual 9 palaces qigong set, I'm probably not going to give it a try because I have too much on my plate right now and it just doesn't jive with me. Will someone else try it and post results?

But the warm up section (which is most of the book) is totally worth the cost of the book, I think.

And Ya Mu, there are a lot of things which turn me away from Dr Wu...like his website talking about 2012 and somehow hinting that qigong will help us avoid the catastrophes that are to come. :rolleyes:

I completely agree with Scott about the warm up section being the best part. i read the book a few months ago and was head over heels with the first part of the book. I remember thinking to myself "this is amazing stuff and i have never read or seen any of it before" but then i got to the actual 9 palaces qigong and i lost all interest in the book. It was actually kind of weird how that happened. Oh well like Scott said the warm up is totally worth the cost of the book.

Jesse

This is one of these books you keep going back to the whole time. Have spent many years dipping my feet into all kinds of Qigong but come away with a feeling "this isn't working for me". Have enriched the Qigong media guys by buying books, DVD's and classes to no avail. Have finally come to the conclusion that one size doesn't fit all and as I am in my early 60's my body/mind is not into forms that actually make things a lot worse. I am totally convinced that Dr. Wu is the real thing and have been practising his warmups for quite a few months. They actually work!. Am cool and calm during the day. My severe shoulder pain and neck pains have completely gone and I sleep like a baby. No more Ibuprofin, Aspirin or any of the prescription or over the counter stuff to get through a day. So all my mass of other Qigong materials have gone to the Public Library sale as I don't ever need or want to refer to them ever again. The warmups take quite a long time do do, say up to 45 minutes each day and leaves little time to get into the real 9 Palaces practice. The way to approach this I find is to start with the first exercise, get to know it very well (breath sequence is very important) and remember the sequence of the warmups until you have memorized them all and don't miss any out. After a few weeks your scheduled exercise time shrinks and you can move onto the other forms. It's interesting to observe that Dr. Wu does not have any kind of advertizing campaign like so many others of which most are very suspect. Last of all, he has a book on Feng Shui. I have this idea, that folk who are Feng Shui 'able' usually have the real Qigong thing as to be able to be good at this you really have to be connected with the Qi in a big way and hard work and years of practice enable this and you can't get it off a class or DVD either. When you miss a day of practice you know it right away as your body/mind bugs you to get back into it!!

• Like 1

I first heard of Dr Wu due to his latest book, I get new releases e-mails from Three pines press (see below). Haven't read it, so can't comment but thought folks on here might be interested if they like his earlier stuff.

Best

The Eight Immortals Revolving Sword

Description

This is the story of Master Wu and the esoteric sword practice he learned at the White Cloud Monastery in Beijing. It opens this practice to the outside world for the first time, explaining its history, theory, cosmology, and practice in great detail.

The Eight Immortals Revolving Sword goes back for seventeen generations, starting with Wang Chongyang, the founder of the Complete Reality school and martial arts champion of the Song dynasty, and actively continued through Qiu Chuji and other senior Daoist lineage holders.

Practicing sword to attain immortality is a profound Daoist method. Master Wu shares his insights and practice instructions as a way of self-cultivation, illuminating the power of the practice to drive away inauspicious energies, eliminate harmful incidents, and safeguard against ghosts. Able to harness good fortune, practice of this sword set enhances inner communication and creates an intimate connection with the universe.

In traditional Chinese fashion, Master Wu guides the reader through the ins and outs of the history, folklore, and technique of this sword practice, focusing especially on the figures of the Eight Immortals and explaining their legends, practices, and feats in great detail. Along the way, he highlights the hidden jewels of training with insightful commentaries on various parables, thereby to bring out the essence of Dao. He succeeds masterfully at braiding together his unique training history and deep Daoist insights with treasured traditional stories, creating a thrilling account and setting a palpable example of Daoism's best kept inner secrets as brought to life in actual experiences today.

Can be ordered as ebook or print on demand through lulu.

Very interesting!!

Actually the tale I translated is very metaphoric. It talks about "the art of the sword" and "the way of the sword". I think that you will find it interesting!!

I'm making a translation of a book from the temple of White Cloud in Beijing. So the source text is very good :)

I just need some days because I'm very busy at work!

Hello everyone, i have had the extreme honor of learning taiji, eight immortal sword, & 9 Palaces Qigong from mr. michael mcbride, the 15 year student of baolin wu. ive only been practicing for 3 months now & the difference is phenomenal, can easily say im the healthiest ive ever been in my life. but anyways, if anyone has any questions about dr wu, the practices hes released through books, or anything feel free to let me know & ill try best to answer :ph34r: