seekeroftruth

Michael Lomax

This is my two penneth for what they are worth.

INTENT

Many a martial system has turned to cultivation practises to make use of the training of INTENT. The system Ya Mu teaches simply cuts straight through the bullsh*t.

There is also evidence of 'formless' forms of neigong being associated with martial arts in several countries going back a long way. Why? because of the freedom and PRESENCE to the moment.

Simple answer Yiquan is Yiquan and SM standing neigong is SM standing neigong.

David Yeh has provided a good basic difference between types of zhan zhuang. There are many ways to practice "standing" and they are done for different reasons. You have to look past the waixing (outer shape/form). The reality I would say is that until you practice a lot of standing SM neigong you will not know the benefits it could give your martial practice, everyone is different.

After doing SM and GoT neigong for two days and when doing medical qigong on the third day I had my eyes opened to why santishi is practised the way it is in xingyi. I recalled comments made by Sun jian yun about why her father, Sun lu tang, changed the lead hand of santishi for practice. And at the time I had no intention regarding martial art I was doing my best to help heal someone.

I can honestly say I learned more about the potentials of zhan zhuang in that moment than in months of practicing with martial teachers. So while Ya Mu does not teach martial arts, if you are studying them then it has the potential to help in unexpected ways.

Best,

Very good points!

"There is also evidence of 'formless' forms of neigong being associated with martial arts in several countries going back a long way. Why? because of the freedom and PRESENCE to the moment."

Presence to the moment is one of the most important things that we cultivate.

I think most of humanity has been distracted to the point where everyone is scattered, attempting to live in multiples periods of time rather than in the moment. It is sad that when we even attempt to carry on a conversation most are miles away in yesterday or tomorrow. Presence to the moment is something that applies to ALL walks of life, it matters not if one is a martial artist, postman, bank clerk, healer, doctor or lawyer. The application of presence to the moment will bring back and significantly enhance the total experience of life.

• Like 3

9-5 both Sat & Sun. Optional 9-5 Mon.

Thank you Rainbow, I just registered.

I'm really looking forward to it. I'll probably spend Friday night at the Hilton. Any other bums going should PM me, it'd be great to have dinner and/or get together between seminars.

Michael

Thank you Rainbow, I just registered.

I'm really looking forward to it. I'll probably spend Friday night at the Hilton. Any other bums going should PM me, it'd be great to have dinner and/or get together between seminars.

Michael

There is an optional group dinner (meaning everyone is on their own, but we do have a special room reserved) with chef Qi Saturday after the class. Well worth opting for as he is a world class chef; after all, how many people going to qigong workshops get to eat food prepared by Qi?

Also, if you get to Terre Haute early enough or have plans to stay later, the big cat sanctuary is awesome; one of the big cats there is sensitive to qi and responds.

Hi, all! Planning to attend the Indiana event and staying through the medical qigong portion on Monday, and wondering if any other bums are looking to split room costs. I promise I don't bite (unless requested).

So excited to finally get to meet some other bums and fellow practitioners!

In Rainbow Vein's personal practice thread, she (?) talks about how she waited two weeks after her seminar with Michael to begin regular practice. I was under the impression, however, that the transmission/dan tien seed given by Michael will be rapidly lost without daily practice? Can you please clarify Michael?

In Rainbow Vein's personal practice thread, she (?) talks about how she waited two weeks after her seminar with Michael to begin regular practice. I was under the impression, however, that the transmission/dan tien seed given by Michael will be rapidly lost without daily practice? Can you please clarify Michael?

Have to wonder why you ask as I can't imagine why anyone would want to go to the trouble of attending a workshop then not practice. Why would you or anyone wish to wait?

There are longer answers to this as there are many variables, but to attempt to put it in a nutshell, it depends on who you (the real you) are.

Perhaps RV can clarify for us, but I do imagine there was some attention paid to the practice before the two weeks. Perhaps a concentrated practice was not attempted until then. If movements were done that IS a part of the system.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. Reason for asking is am very interested in the practice/workshop but can foresee circumstances arising in the future, due to irregular lifestyle and future plans, where there could be periods of time (a few weeks) when there would be no practice or less than the required amount/day and there is a concern about losing the transmission/dantien seed in that case.

When you make reference to 'who the real you is', is it your belief system that each persons spirit is at a different stage of development?

Edited by growant

Thanks for the response. Reason for asking is am very interested in the practice/workshop but can foresee circumstances arising in the future, due to irregular lifestyle and future plans, where there could be periods of time (a few weeks) when there would be no practice or less than the required amount/day and there is a concern about losing the transmission/dantien seed in that case.

When you make reference to 'who the real you is', is it your belief system that each persons spirit is at a different stage of development?

AS long as a person does not lose sight of the practice it is their's forever.

Not a belief system but knowledge gained through the practice.

• Like 1

Hey all, just wanted to report that I had a GREAT experience at Michael Lomax's recent workshop. Others have gone into more detail better than I could, but suffice it to say I had some awesome experiences and really felt the transmission. That plus all the great people that were there equals a great time all around. I'm very excited about continuing this practice for 100 days and seeing how it develops! I highly recommend attending a workshop if you're at all interested.

If you happen to go to one in Terre Haute, be sure to visit the Exotic Feline Rescue Center. It's incredible, especially if you have an affinity for big cats. Check out this vid of a big guy saying hello to me:

• Like 1

Hey all, just wanted to report that I had a GREAT experience at Michael Lomax's recent workshop. Others have gone into more detail better than I could, but suffice it to say I had some awesome experiences and really felt the transmission. That plus all the great people that were there equals a great time all around. I'm very excited about continuing this practice for 100 days and seeing how it develops!

Ditto's from me, fun group, deeply impressive seminar. Michael Lomax is a great, very down to earth, teacher. The system he presented stood out for its simplicity, depth and lack of dogmatic baggage. Its a lineage system and even a rock like myself could feel the energy.

The answer to many questions was inevitably 'Do the system', the answer is in the doing. Michael Lomax was inspiring enough to have me commit to the 100 days of practice and keep an eye out for his next seminar.

• Like 3

I'll definitely be signing up for the next workshop. By then I should have the book and have had some time to study it, so hopefully my sensitivity will improve in time for the workshop.

Ditto's from me, fun group, deeply impressive seminar. Michael Lomax is a great, very down to earth, teacher. The system he presented stood out for its simplicity, depth and lack of dogmatic baggage. Its a lineage system and even a rock like myself could feel the energy.

The answer to many questions was inevitably 'Do the system', the answer is in the doing. Michael Lomax was inspiring enough to have me commit to the 100 days of practice and keep an eye out for his next seminar.

The workshop was wonderful and Monday's medical portion was fascinating! The next 100 days are going to be very interesting.

Special thanks to Michael and all the senior students for their help with my broken collar bone. I'll keep you posted on the healing process.

• Like 1

Michael Lomax was inspiring enough to have me commit to the 100 days of practice and keep an eye out for his next seminar.

:)

I'm happy to hear this!

Hey all, just wanted to report that I had a GREAT experience at Michael Lomax's recent workshop. Others have gone into more detail better than I could, but suffice it to say I had some awesome experiences and really felt the transmission. That plus all the great people that were there equals a great time all around. I'm very excited about continuing this practice for 100 days and seeing how it develops! I highly recommend attending a workshop if you're at all interested.

The workshop was wonderful and Monday's medical portion was fascinating! The next 100 days are going to be very interesting.

Special thanks to Michael and all the senior students for their help with my broken collar bone. I'll keep you posted on the healing process.

Each of you were a joy to have in the class. Great bunch of folks we had, eh?

Remember the 100 days is just so you can know what the system will do for you and to solidify the practice. Many know before the 100 days - some after the first weekend. Most people who make the 100 days continue for the rest of their life.

Instead of "I have to sit down and do my neigong" it becomes "Oh wow, now I can sit/stand/move and do my neigong." A truly wonderful practice it is.

Unmike - hope that broken bone feels better and continues to heal rapidly.

• Like 2

All,

I want to thank everyone for coming to Terre Haute and experience stillness-movement and all that goes with it.

When we have these workshops I become one big giant sponge and soak up all that is going on, all the questions, refining that I begin to do, or simplifying that I do. I am always amazed at each persons ability - where it starts at the beginning of the weekend and how far it has progressed by the end of the weekend. Really amazing transformation in just one weekend. Can you imagine where you'll be able to go in 100 days or a year.

For myself, I have been able to immerse myself in the practice and it just keeps getting bigger and better for me. Just today, I had a major company issued computer problem -- I had to stay on hold on my cell phone for almost 4 hours waiting for assistance -- what a great time to do stillness-movement. I was able to get into my Qi state and begin doing stillness -- 1 hour, 2 hours, lost track of time -- suddenly heard a voice talking to me -- whoa - close to 4 hours. Now I don't want to go back to work -- more stillness would suit me fine.

I must say we had some amazing events also from a Medical Qigong/Taoist Medicine perspective. 1st the 62 year old female patient w/shoulder, neck and back problems. Remember how little range of motion she had in her left arm/shoulder prior to treatment and the look of relief on her face as she rotated her shoulder and neck following treatment. This was the 1st of many demonstrations throughout the weekend that showed that this stuff works.

I highly encourage all of you to make the time (manifest) to do your sitting/standing stillness meditation on a daily basis. You'll start to get an idea of what this wonderful practice can do for you and how it can change your life. Read the book, practice, practice, practice then re-read the book. You'll say to yourself - I don't remember reading that the 1st time..hmm. Practice the Gift of the Tao -- best to learn 3 moves at a time, practice those moves and then build on them. On had to write each one down and sort of give it my own name -- then I kept a cheat sheet by my feet to glance at until i was ready for a solo flight...now i try to keep soaring to new heights.

We will try to have the next seminar in Terre Haute during warm weather -- makes tree qigong a bit more enjoyable and perhaps another trip to the Big Cat Farm is in order. (I know a trip to Umi Grill and dinner with Qi will always be on the schedule)

Thanks to all

Brion B.

Kempomaster

• Like 2

Good tips Brion, thanks. It was a pleasure to meet you and everyone else. Thanks again to Michael and yourself for making this special event happen.

-Ryan

Haven't seen this touched upon- do (male) practitioners of stillness movement (either regular folks or professional healers) need to curtail their sexual activity in order to not limit their progress (or healing effectiveness)?

Haven't seen this touched upon- do (male) practitioners of stillness movement (either regular folks or professional healers) need to curtail their sexual activity in order to not limit their progress (or healing effectiveness)?

The answer should't be generalized and depends on things like: How many hours of Stillness-Movement are you practicing each day? Are you a healer? If so, how many hours of qi projection are you doing per day? Are you practicing Stillness-Movement dual cultivation? Do you do squats daily? Are you weak? Do you have low back pain? How old are you?

A lot of variables there.

• Like 3

I just signed up for the one in Springfield MO June 18-19. Anyone else on board?

I plan on being there although I seriously considered going fishing instead.

• Like 1

The answer should't be generalized and depends on things like: How many hours of Stillness-Movement are you practicing each day? Are you a healer? If so, how many hours of qi projection are you doing per day? Are you practicing Stillness-Movement dual cultivation? Do you do squats daily? Are you weak? Do you have low back pain? How old are you?

A lot of variables there.

Dual cultivation?

Could you elaborate on that? Is that the practice you talked about in your book? Is there more?

I'm fascinated.

Thanks,

John

Edited by JohnC

I just signed up for the one in Springfield MO June 18-19. Anyone else on board?

I'll be there. :)