seekeroftruth

Michael Lomax

I plan on being there although I seriously considered going fishing instead.

I'll bring my rod, just in case you change your mind. :blush:

BTW, do I need to bring anything - yoga mat, stuff like that?

Dual cultivation?

Could you elaborate on that? Is that the practice you talked about in your book? Is there more?

I'm fascinated.

Thanks,

John

Yes, listed in book.

The more part is in the Stillness-Movement practice.

I'll bring my rod, just in case you change your mind. :blush:

BTW, do I need to bring anything - yoga mat, stuff like that?

I will do a mailing, but yes, a mat will be handy as well as a couple of pillows or cushions or whatever would make you comfortable sitting on floor.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

The current Fukushima situation has me wondering if stillness movement practice would be helpful in healing a practioner from radiation exposure? -since radiation is a form of energy. Also if the healing methods taught on the third day would be helpful in treating someone who has radiation exposure?

Some sources say the US will be getting alot more of it as a result of the happenings in Japan.

Edited by growant

Guest sykkelpump

The current Fukushima situation has me wondering if stillness movement practice would be helpful in healing a practioner from radiation exposure? -since radiation is a form of energy. Also if the healing methods taught on the third day would be helpful in treating someone who has radiation exposure?

Some sources say the US will be getting alot more of it as a result of the happenings in Japan.

Qi gong and meditation will help.How much,I dont know.Especially the White skeleton meditation I belive will help/or If you can manage to do full body breathing,dont waste your time on it if you cant do it.your body must be open for it.

Here Is also some very good free tips about radiation:

http://www.meditationexpert.com/RadiationDetox/

In as much as ANY qigong or neigong would be helpful, Stillness-Movement would be as well. However, I have no data on radiation exposure.

What I can say is that there is no question that Stillness-Movement strengthens the body while having a unique effect on the energy body of the practitioner. I have heard amazing feedback from students of the system about what positive benefits they receive. By coincidence(ha)just yesterday a student who had been practicing 3 years now was telling me how much the practice had done for her. One of the things she mentioned was that she used to get colds and sore throat all the time before she started practicing and hadn't had a single one since she started.

About the healing of others.

When I first started with this system and for a few years after I used to attempt to predict the type of conditions that I could treat with success. This was refuted over and over. Many times people would walk in to my clinic and I would look at them and, due to the severity of their condition, would form some type of conclusion as to the outcome being limited as "No way can that type of condition be helped."

I finally learned my lesson to never judge the outcome and have seen really amazing outcomes that boggled one's mental facilities, especially if one had any type of western medical training or even western thought process.

All that said, I have never worked on a person with radiation exposure. So I find it impossible to give you a clear answer other than to say in as much as any energy healing system would help, the healing system based on Stillness-Movement would.

• Like 4

Question regarding this quote about the seminar 'You WILL be able to project Qi Monday after the Saturday &

Sunday intensive; average results for eliminating pain, even

for beginners, is 80% to 100%!"

When the reference is made to eliminating pain above, is the injury/issue/cause behind the pain (the root of it) also eliminated or is the method disrupting the pain signals?

Also, can Stillness Movement be practiced on the same days as other chikungs if separated by an hour or more?

Looking forward to attending a seminar soon-

Guest sykkelpump

Just telling,have I seen this before?

I am awaiting for the general tao bum who changes method every week to tell about their magichk resuslts with this method like kunlun,kap etc.

simple mind

Why I say it?dont like people wasting hope on money chargeing clowns.

Edited by sykkelpump
  • Like 4

I am awaiting for the general tao bum who changes method every week to tell about their magichk resuslts with this method like kunlun,kap etc.

simple mind

You are nothing if not consistent. Please tell us your real name, who you learned from and your years of training.

After all, since you consistently feel qualified to sit in judgement of people you've never met and practices you've never tried, you must be something really special. Do share with us how you are so much more qualified to judge these things-purely on what you read on the internet it seems-than those of us who get out from behind our computers and actually go and meet the teachers and do the practices. Do tell.

• Like 5

simple mind

So, an internet anonymous person who has no idea whatsoever about any of this decides to take an insult shot.

Bang. You missed.

If you actually bothered to research medical qigong you would see its rich success and history of use. Here, let me do that for you. You can start with this database: database at www.qigonginstitute.org

• Like 3

Question regarding this quote about the seminar 'You WILL be able to project Qi Monday after the Saturday &

Sunday intensive; average results for eliminating pain, even

for beginners, is 80% to 100%!"

When the reference is made to eliminating pain above, is the injury/issue/cause behind the pain (the root of it) also eliminated or is the method disrupting the pain signals?

Also, can Stillness Movement be practiced on the same days as other chikungs if separated by an hour or more?

Looking forward to attending a seminar soon-

Pain is a complex thing. Sometimes it is due to the particular physical activities one does. In other words, say a person who has pain due to an injury from lifting a fence post comes in to clinic and we remove that pain. Then he goes home and lifts another fence post and re-injures himself - of course the pain comes back.

It depends on many factors as to whether the pain source is eliminated, but yes, we DO go to the source of the pain and make attempts to correct it. But even if we can't eliminate the source in any one session, usually it will be eliminated in multiple sessions. And in the meantime the person has tremendous relief of the pain. Which, if you ask a person who has had chronic pain, is worth its weight in gold, from a personal standpoint, to receive relief.

edit: forgot to answer this

'Also, can Stillness Movement be practiced on the same days as other chikungs if separated by an hour or more?"

When I do a workshop I usually start with several different qigong movements (8 brocade pieces and other). I use these as a warm up.

What you will find is that in choosing a qigong/neigong practice one should look to efficiency. After you have learned Stillness-Movement make your decision as to what is the most efficient for you. Most people who learn Stillness-Movement decide that it is their main practice.

When a person learns Stillness-Movement, we ask that they give it a 100 day practice in order to learn it's benefits for oneself. During this time period it is not advisable to mix practices.

The only qigong or neigong I would advise against practicing would be forced systems.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 4

simple mind

Could we get a mod banhammer this guy?

Could we get a mod banhammer this guy?

Sometimes when there is negative input from those that have no clue what something is about it helps to bring forth MORE LIGHT in the form of helping others to know about these amazing forms of healing. Perhaps more now will look at the qigong database I linked to and see what amazing results these forms of healing have. Medical Qigong IS future's Medicine NOW.

• Like 5

Michael,

Thanks for all your responses. After one takes their first workshop with you, how important is it that they keep returning to workshops in order to have their vibration raised by you (assuming one is practicing regularly at home)? How often is it recommended to do workshops after the first one? Are the answers to the two previous questions altered by whether one is practicing for self primarily vs. treating others? thanks again-

simple mind

*** Moderator Message ****

User sykkelpump was asked to self edit this post as it is deemed insulting. He has decided not to respond or take the opportunity to amend the post so he has been suspended for 30 days.

I realize that perhaps his post has been discussed and so this might seem a bit late to take action now but his failure to even respond or acknowledge the request has made this inevitable.

Just to be clear - it is perfectly OK to criticize systems or even teachers with factual observations or opinion ... but name calling or describing people as clowns and so on is not Ok.

Thanks

Apech for Mod Team

**** Mod Message ****

• Like 4

Michael,

Thanks for all your responses. After one takes their first workshop with you, how important is it that they keep returning to workshops in order to have their vibration raised by you (assuming one is practicing regularly at home)? How often is it recommended to do workshops after the first one? Are the answers to the two previous questions altered by whether one is practicing for self primarily vs. treating others? thanks again-

What is important is that a person attending practices what is taught. After learning the system, if a person only wishes to practice self-healing and self-awareness, and does not wish to learn how to heal others, then he/she can do quite well with never seeing me again. If a person wishes to enhance their personal progression and/or learn how to heal others, they would need to attend more workshops. I do have a 500 hr certification program in medical qigong. After a person attends this program they will be at the top of their profession with medical qigong healing.

What we all need to remember is that there are ALWAYS Higher Levels one can attain with any valid neigong system and Stillness-Movement is no exception. I work with a person's energy body at the level they walk into the class with. Naturally if they have learned and practiced the system, then when they come into the next workshop I work with them at the new level.

• Like 3

Michael,

What is important is that a person attending practices what is taught. After learning the system, if a person only wishes to practice self-healing and self-awareness, and does not wish to learn how to heal others, then he/she can do quite well with never seeing me again. If a person wishes to enhance their personal progression and/or learn how to heal others, they would need to attend more workshops. I do have a 500 hr certification program in medical qigong. After a person attends this program they will be at the top of their profession with medical qigong healing.

What we all need to remember is that there are ALWAYS Higher Levels one can attain with any valid neigong system and Stillness-Movement is no exception. I work with a person's energy body at the level they walk into the class with. Naturally if they have learned and practiced the system, then when they come into the next workshop I work with them at the new level.

After doing my running qigong this morning I realized that the above is not a complete answer.

There are certain aspects of Stillness-Movement system that cannot be taught UNTIL the person has practiced the basic Stillness-Movement Neigong for a period of time.

These include:

Running Qigong: I do not teach except to those that actually immerse themselves in the system; it may not be until several years of practice are done but may be sooner depending on the person.

This includes 4 subsystems of Stamina, Lightness, Swiftness, Qi Pushing.

High Level Healing methods:

Distance Healing.

As Above So Below Method.

The above two methods are only taught in the last year of my certification program.

Other Method. This is an advanced qi projection method that I do not teach except by invitation; those that actually immerse themselves in the system will get an invite but it may not be until several years of practice are done.

Advanced Qigong Tui Na:

These techniques are only taught in the last year of my certification program.

Ascension Qigong:

This is for helping a person that is dying. Only taught if I see your progress and you are immersing yourself in the system. This is one where the practice of Virtue is essential.

Also, although we usually cover tree qigong in the first workshop, it has many layers. I think it is possible for one to discover these layers in individual practice but it certainly speeds things up to attend further workshops.

I hope this addresses your questions.

• Like 5

Thanks Michael, that's informative and interesting, not to mention tantalizing :D

Can't wait to learn it!

Edited by growant

I believe I will refer to this post as "Walking in The Qi"

I might have borrowed that thought from Michael. I haveve been studying Stillness-Movment, Gift of the Tao, Medical Qigong, Taoist Medicine etc from Michael now for just a bit over 3 years. I have gotten to the point in my Stillness practice that i am moving towards practice throughout the day and evening and I have learned to pay attention to where spirit is directing me.

I'm not sure that spirit directed me to go to Hilton Head, SC for a vacation, but, we went there about 2 weeks ago and i was looking forward to practicing Gift of the Tao on the beach. Wow! I am always amazed at how 15 minutes of the G.O.T. can make me feel and of course on the beach I got a few people watching trying to figure out what it was that I was doing. But my story goes more towards the individuals that I encountered and animals that were in need of Medical Qigong.

1st day on the beach -- sitting doing stilness - I think i had been sitting for about 2 hours -- the alarm in my head went off -- its time to get up and move -- take a walk down the beach then get out of the sun for a bit ( I burn easily). I had walked maybe 100 yards and saw a guy fishing and noticed a large Great Blue Heron standing there watching him -- but the bird was very close, too close. I walked up and the guys son was tossing cut up bait to the bird, it would stab it with its beak and toss it down. The bird was about 6' away from the kid and started to walk right up to the kid -- dad said "hey hold the fish in your hand and let it eat out of your hand --I had an immediate flashback to approx 5 yrs earlier when i was at a beach and this happened and the bird impaled the persons hand causing a great deal of tissue damage. So, as the kid started to extend his hand I intervened and explained why they shouldn't do that. Dad said Oh sh..! I am glad you walked by..

So, now I figured I had been where i was supposed to be at the right time ...so i was going to get out of the sun, and head back to my condo. On the way back, I came across 2 large women, 1 sitting on the ground sweating profusely. Another gentleman had stopped and asked if she was ok -- while she was telling him she had heat stroke - i started projecting energy - cool her skin, calm her heart, calm her mind, gentle energy to perk her up, cool her skin some more. She said she was feeling much better so I walked on.

This was vacation time so I was excited to be able spend more time on G.O.T. I get a lot of stillness in, but don't always have the luxury of doing G.O.T. several times throughout the day. Plus I was wondering who would need my service next. It was Oliver. I like to wander through Cigar stores - I like the smell of the store and to have an occasional Cigar. As I walked into the store I was half-heartedly greeted by Oliver who was lounging in a chair. Oliver was an Irish Terrier. His tail sort of went thumpa, thump, and his eyes said don't make me get up. I had to ask the chap running the store the dog's name -- he told me and when I gave a formal hello to Oliver - who had been watching me with one eye, he hopped out of the chair and limped his way to me then swung around so my hand was positioned perfectly near his spine close to his hip. I immediately noticed it wasn't right and started to do Taoist Neuro-Energetic technique, Oliver's injured leg started to tap "Yankee doodle-dandee" or something like it. The shop-keeper started to tell me how Oliver had broken the leg in a freak accident about a year earlier. He said the only thing freakier was how I knew how to go the exact spot that was injured. (Actually Oliver helped me find the spot.) So, I worked on him for a bit -- I'd stop and tell him to walk -- he would, then he'd position himself for more, so - more treatment. I could feel it sink in and start to make a difference. I then projected qi down the leg, and pulled stagnant qi out. I felt the job was done so I stood up and said let's see how you're doing. What followed was extremely heart-warming..."The Ollie Shuffle" he started running around the shop and the bouncing up in the air -- all 4 legs boing and into the air he's go. Then the shop-keep got a big smile on his face and said thats Ollie's happy dance - he hasn't done that since he hurt the leg. We chatted for a bit and rubbed Ollie's ears - he was cute and we were all happy after the treatment.

My vacation continued to be one in which animals kept finding their way to me. At the tennis center we were playing at, they had two resident cats. Momma cat dodged about 4 different people that were reaching out for her to run to me so I could use a bit of subtle Taoist technique on her. She found her way to me every day that we played tennis. Several dogs that were playing on the beach did the exact same thing..people were reaching out to pet them and they side-stepped those folks to come to me and position themselves under my hand and yes I treat them for a few minutes sometimes longer and they would leave happy. Thats the nice thing about treating animals - they don't usually complain that this still hurts or say I'm not sure if what you did helped or maybe it was that dog biscuit I just ate.

Perhaps it has taken me a moment to get to my point -- if you practice Stillness-Movement, Gift of the Tao, etc then pay attention...there will be people and yes animals (how do the animals know?) that will benefit from just being around you and if you practice Medical Qigong and the Taoist Medicine -- there definitely will be people, animals, etc that will need for you to help them. The "Ollie Shuffle" will bring a smile to my face for a long time.

If you are thinking of attending a Michael Lomax Seminar -- I would highly encourage you to do so. The reults are amazing - i can't think of a more appropriate word to describe them. Yes, you have to put in your time and effort -- but your dividends will be monumental.

(I'd love to have a seminar in Hilton Head, SC -- the Gift of the Tao when done on the beach -- oohh my, it was like the Qi was carrying me away.)

Thanks for reading..

Brion B.

Kempomaster

• Like 9

(I'd love to have a seminar in Hilton Head, SC -- the Gift of the Tao when done on the beach -- oohh my, it was like the Qi was carrying me away.)

Thanks for reading..

Brion B.

Kempomaster

Great story.

And if there is a seminar in Hilton Head, I would definitely go. I live in Charleston, SC.

John

I believe I will refer to this post as "Walking in The Qi"

I might have borrowed that thought from Michael. I haveve been studying Stillness-Movment, Gift of the Tao, Medical Qigong, Taoist Medicine etc from Michael now for just a bit over 3 years. I have gotten to the point in my Stillness practice that i am moving towards practice throughout the day and evening and I have learned to pay attention to where spirit is directing me.

I'm not sure that spirit directed me to go to Hilton Head, SC for a vacation, but, we went there about 2 weeks ago and i was looking forward to practicing Gift of the Tao on the beach. Wow! I am always amazed at how 15 minutes of the G.O.T. can make me feel and of course on the beach I got a few people watching trying to figure out what it was that I was doing. But my story goes more towards the individuals that I encountered and animals that were in need of Medical Qigong.

1st day on the beach -- sitting doing stilness - I think i had been sitting for about 2 hours -- the alarm in my head went off -- its time to get up and move -- take a walk down the beach then get out of the sun for a bit ( I burn easily). I had walked maybe 100 yards and saw a guy fishing and noticed a large Great Blue Heron standing there watching him -- but the bird was very close, too close. I walked up and the guys son was tossing cut up bait to the bird, it would stab it with its beak and toss it down. The bird was about 6' away from the kid and started to walk right up to the kid -- dad said "hey hold the fish in your hand and let it eat out of your hand --I had an immediate flashback to approx 5 yrs earlier when i was at a beach and this happened and the bird impaled the persons hand causing a great deal of tissue damage. So, as the kid started to extend his hand I intervened and explained why they shouldn't do that. Dad said Oh sh..! I am glad you walked by..

So, now I figured I had been where i was supposed to be at the right time ...so i was going to get out of the sun, and head back to my condo. On the way back, I came across 2 large women, 1 sitting on the ground sweating profusely. Another gentleman had stopped and asked if she was ok -- while she was telling him she had heat stroke - i started projecting energy - cool her skin, calm her heart, calm her mind, gentle energy to perk her up, cool her skin some more. She said she was feeling much better so I walked on.

This was vacation time so I was excited to be able spend more time on G.O.T. I get a lot of stillness in, but don't always have the luxury of doing G.O.T. several times throughout the day. Plus I was wondering who would need my service next. It was Oliver. I like to wander through Cigar stores - I like the smell of the store and to have an occasional Cigar. As I walked into the store I was half-heartedly greeted by Oliver who was lounging in a chair. Oliver was an Irish Terrier. His tail sort of went thumpa, thump, and his eyes said don't make me get up. I had to ask the chap running the store the dog's name -- he told me and when I gave a formal hello to Oliver - who had been watching me with one eye, he hopped out of the chair and limped his way to me then swung around so my hand was positioned perfectly near his spine close to his hip. I immediately noticed it wasn't right and started to do Taoist Neuro-Energetic technique, Oliver's injured leg started to tap "Yankee doodle-dandee" or something like it. The shop-keeper started to tell me how Oliver had broken the leg in a freak accident about a year earlier. He said the only thing freakier was how I knew how to go the exact spot that was injured. (Actually Oliver helped me find the spot.) So, I worked on him for a bit -- I'd stop and tell him to walk -- he would, then he'd position himself for more, so - more treatment. I could feel it sink in and start to make a difference. I then projected qi down the leg, and pulled stagnant qi out. I felt the job was done so I stood up and said let's see how you're doing. What followed was extremely heart-warming..."The Ollie Shuffle" he started running around the shop and the bouncing up in the air -- all 4 legs boing and into the air he's go. Then the shop-keep got a big smile on his face and said thats Ollie's happy dance - he hasn't done that since he hurt the leg. We chatted for a bit and rubbed Ollie's ears - he was cute and we were all happy after the treatment.

My vacation continued to be one in which animals kept finding their way to me. At the tennis center we were playing at, they had two resident cats. Momma cat dodged about 4 different people that were reaching out for her to run to me so I could use a bit of subtle Taoist technique on her. She found her way to me every day that we played tennis. Several dogs that were playing on the beach did the exact same thing..people were reaching out to pet them and they side-stepped those folks to come to me and position themselves under my hand and yes I treat them for a few minutes sometimes longer and they would leave happy. Thats the nice thing about treating animals - they don't usually complain that this still hurts or say I'm not sure if what you did helped or maybe it was that dog biscuit I just ate.

Perhaps it has taken me a moment to get to my point -- if you practice Stillness-Movement, Gift of the Tao, etc then pay attention...there will be people and yes animals (how do the animals know?) that will benefit from just being around you and if you practice Medical Qigong and the Taoist Medicine -- there definitely will be people, animals, etc that will need for you to help them. The "Ollie Shuffle" will bring a smile to my face for a long time.

If you are thinking of attending a Michael Lomax Seminar -- I would highly encourage you to do so. The reults are amazing - i can't think of a more appropriate word to describe them. Yes, you have to put in your time and effort -- but your dividends will be monumental.

Thanks for reading..

Brion B.

Kempomaster

I also LOVE doing GOT movements on the beach there; so powerful!

Some great examples! What folks need to understand is that, when we IMMERSE ourselves in Stillness-Movement neigong and ASSUME responsibility, walk in the qi and practice Listening, we WILL have these occurrences as we then are Dancing in the Wu Wei.

My horses do the same thing you describe. When I walk out in the field (Outstanding in my field- HA) my horses come up to me and if they have a problem I will put my hand on them and they will adjust their body right to the place where they wish for me to work on. I don't even have to palpate. The age old communication system of energetics at work here!

• Like 4