Patrick Brown

The Max Christensen Facts Not Fiction Thread.

It is necessary to disprove potential in our own self before

seeing it in any other personage.

Blunt criticisms are a trapping of the ego

Ego is self hood bound to duality.

What criticisms will be made beyond duality?

Torus693 makes a good point here. This thread says far more about the hearts of it's posters than it does about Max Christensen. Many of the posts here reflect judgement in the hearts of the posters which is bad for several reasons. Judgement indicates that there is desire and a sense of entitlement in the heart. Judgement becomes karma that you carry, a weight that should not be there. If you think that someone has fallen, how can you ever have hope for that person if you have set your heart against them? Of course perhaps there are those who believe that you should set yourself against people like this, but that only serves to darken ones perspective. None of us are perfect, Max is not 'all bad'; it takes different strokes for different folks and imo Max has put together a good cultivation system. That doesn't mean it's the best, but it's not total rubish; certainly some degree of credit is due? In the end I would hope that those of you who follow the Tao are able to segregate your observations from judgment, even a bad experience can be your teacher if your eyes and heart are open.

In the end we should be the water that pours out for our brothers and sisters, not the lightening that strikes them leaving nothing left to stand. I'm not perfect either and I would hope that my shortcomings would be met with a heart that wants to help me, not destroy me.

I think we need more *huuuugs* :)

• Like 4

"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him."

-- Jonathan Swift

• Like 3

"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him."

-- Jonathan Swift

Given the context of this thread, are you implying that one who questions the validity of Max's claims is a dunce?

• Like 1

Torus693 makes a good point here. This thread says far more about the hearts of it's posters than it does about Max Christensen. Many of the posts here reflect judgement in the hearts of the posters which is bad for several reasons. Judgement indicates that there is desire and a sense of entitlement in the heart. Judgement becomes karma that you carry, a weight that should not be there. If you think that someone has fallen, how can you ever have hope for that person if you have set your heart against them? Of course perhaps there are those who believe that you should set yourself against people like this, but that only serves to darken ones perspective. None of us are perfect, Max is not 'all bad'; it takes different strokes for different folks and imo Max has put together a good cultivation system. That doesn't mean it's the best, but it's not total rubish; certainly some degree of credit is due? In the end I would hope that those of you who follow the Tao are able to segregate your observations from judgment, even a bad experience can be your teacher if your eyes and heart are open.

In the end we should be the water that pours out for our brothers and sisters, not the lightening that strikes them leaving nothing left to stand. I'm not perfect either and I would hope that my shortcomings would be met with a heart that wants to help me, not destroy me.

I think we need more *huuuugs* :)

While in general I would agree, I think it's very important that we don't just abandon our critical faculty because, "oh noes, looking at something critically and being skeptical is an act of the ego! We should cast aside our egos and be accepting of everybody!"

Sounds nice in theory, but in practice that just leaves everyone open for all kind of potential frauds.

Many a spiritual guru has come forward with many a claim which could easily be validated by even a handful of thorough experiments. But many a spiritual guru has managed to make a career without ever really having to prove even a shred of what they say.

A legitimate person with a legitimate practice should not be afraid of critics and skeptics. Their actions and truth should speak for them.

I am willing to go far in that department but Max is always so desperate to make himself look mysterious and amazing and larger than life etc. He is like a little kid in this regard. Actually he is exactly like a couple of guys I knew arround when I was 12-13 that always made up amazing stories to make themselves look cool. I don`t trust anything comming from the mouth of someone with that type of psychology. Especially when the claims are radical and perfect to play into their self agrandizment needs. Then for good reason I just write it off. Why bother wasting ones time and mental effort on loonie claims from people with zero credibility or trustworthyness.

He is not like that in person. Why not meet him before passing judgment? All the judgment passed about him have come from people who are only speculating. He finds the ancient traditions fascinating, so shares his passion like a archeologist or an anthropologist would. Why shouldn't we find excitement in alchemy and the human potential? :D

While in general I would agree, I think it's very important that we don't just abandon our critical faculty because, "oh noes, looking at something critically and being skeptical is an act of the ego! We should cast aside our egos and be accepting of everybody!"

Sounds nice in theory, but in practice that just leaves everyone open for all kind of potential frauds.

Many a spiritual guru has come forward with many a claim which could easily be validated by even a handful of thorough experiments. But many a spiritual guru has managed to make a career without ever really having to prove even a shred of what they say.

A legitimate person with a legitimate practice should not be afraid of critics and skeptics. Their actions and truth should speak for them.

Bodily transformation is undeniable with true alchemical practice. It largely does depend on the mind, but you can't deny what's happening within you. You realize that a practice is not a fraud when progress happens naturally even when you are not intending it. For me at least, big opening have happened when I had absolutely no expectations.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

So in the opinion of some here, judgment needs suspended, which is a problem of the ego? Giving up critical thinking is dangerous and leads nowhere. There are myriad examples of gurus taking advantage.

Are there parental projections, power projections and other needs that a student is needing to fulfill by this type of transference?

Bodily transformation is undeniable with true alchemical practice. It largely does depend on the mind, but you can't deny what's happening within you. You realize that a practice is not a fraud when progress happens naturally even when you are not intending it. For me at least, big opening have happened when I had absolutely no expectations.

Well it's one thing if you're talking about being open, having a positive attitude, being energized, and all that stuff.

It's different if you're talking about extra strands of DNA, and all that stuff.

One thing is perfectly within the realm of experience and feasibility. One is something that would require specific documentation.

Of course, there's a reason why there isn't documentation. So I guess you're just left to wonder.....

Just don't be surprised when people just don't accept it as the truth.

As I stated before, I have seem the Lama Thunderbolt movie, all two hours of it. IMO what is happening is very contrived. It is the same show as the Lama in England that tosses his students around as if they had no control.

portrait2.jpg

Lama Thunderbolt release date?

Anyone heard from Scotty?

You would think someone with such a rumored skill set could complete and release a film in it's entirety

instead of a brief seizure teaser hangin' out in cyberspace since 2008.:blink:

http://www.lamathund...argetrailer.htm

And who said the JC's Mo pai manual was being released here ;)

Art Bell should interview these gentlemen

As I stated before, I have seem the Lama Thunderbolt movie, all two hours of it. IMO what is happening is very contrived. It is the same show as the Lama in England that tosses his students around as if they had no control.

Where can I find a copy of that film? Is it viewable online?

When Kan was photographed in a state of being transparent, a number of people wrote Max. He was defensive and removed the photos from his site. That tells me he is adverse to revealing anything.

Given the context of this thread, are you implying that one who questions the validity of Max's claims is a dunce?

No. I'm implying that the truer the outlandish stuff is, the more opposition it will encounter. The world is mostly populated by people whose entrenched beliefs dictate that they fight to the death to keep them. Wouldn't you agree?

By the way, Max did show an MRI (or a CAT scan, don't remember which) at a seminar in LA. I've seen it. There's a large white pearl in the center of his brain. I've no clue how to interpret it. Would you be able to make sense of a DNA test? I can read a blood test, a urine test, a liver enzymes test... but I wouldn't know where to start with a DNA test.

However, there is indeed outlandish stuff going on in the world, despite anyone's beliefs to the contrary. Could Max be one of the people to whom it happened? I don't know. I've seen and experienced stuff that can run circles around our "scientific" doctrine singing "you can't catch me, doctrine, you are too rigid and obsolete and self-centered and self-satisfied! Too entrenched!" Real stuff... and outlandish as hell. I've no clue what Max has or doesn't have, all I know is, saying "this is impossible because it is too outlandish" is either replete with ulterior motives (entrenched beliefs that won't budge) or poorly informed, or both. The weirdness of a phenomenon is no proof of its nonexistence. Especially to a practicing taoist.:)

• Like 1

There are only two pathway out of duality.

Either increasing resistance, or decreasing resistance.

Fire path, or water. Coyote is the trixter and the guide.

Playing the role of persona duality magnetism presenting

polarity in all things to show the way -the middle way.

Ego sees the polarity and so resistance. The being once

awakened gathers only meaning.One sees and animal "Coyote"

the other sees a great spirit within form. Form is duality.

The guide is Duality. The great spirit is truth.

All are Great Spirit

Accepting another as my brother the value of spirit in my self

becomes clear.

This is irrelevant and fails to address the question at hand. Is Max being deceptive? That is what one must ask.

thiswording suggests he was defensive Via email.

If this is not the case, please clairify

His partner wrote a very defensive response for Max. That letter is on this forum sometime last year.