Patrick Brown

The Max Christensen Facts Not Fiction Thread.

the burden of proof is yours

Thousands will read this thread over time.

Relevant truthful information will uplift

everyone.

The burden of proof is on Max!

No. I'm implying that the truer the outlandish stuff is, the more opposition it will encounter. The world is mostly populated by people whose entrenched beliefs dictate that they fight to the death to keep them. Wouldn't you agree?

There's a lot of opposition to alien visitations and big foot..... so we can trust that they're true, right? Otherwise people wouldn't be against them, right?

Yeah.... no.

the burden of proof is yours

Actually, it isn't, it'd be with Max's camp.

The burden of proof lies with the people making the claims. So it's up to Max to prove that he has DNA anomalies. It's up to Max to prove that a certain set of photos are genuine. It's up to Max to prove that he can move people around with energy. And so on and so forth.

It is not, say, Ralis' burden, to go around and prove that Max does NOT have DNA abnormalities, that the photos are or are not genuine, that he can't move people around with energy, etc etc.

If it went by that, anyone could claim anything, and it would take FOREVER to validate anything, because each person would have to laboriously go through every process just to see whether or not something worked, when it'd be infinitely more practical for the person who claims that something does work, to just show some proof.

But of course, the spiritual community has come up with some very nice rhetoric for why that can't be the case. Such as by saying that it's the nature of the lower self/ego to doubt, to criticize, and things like that. By having nice little sayings that go something like, "only the ones ready to hear can hear the footsteps of a master" and things like that. Basically, it all translates to: if you ask questions, you're a bad student and won't achieve anything.

And who wants to be a bad student? Not many. So most people shut up, and just listen to whatever a master has to say.

Relevant truthful information will uplift everyone.

Seen!

And always use the force for good... I mean healing... not bad stuff

horseinvert.jpg

Like compassion for animals

His partner wrote a very defensive response for Max. That letter is on this forum sometime last year.

You don't have to go that far back. the thread "golden dragon body photos" (maybe it was called something else) contained a quoted email response from some kunlun organization which was very defensive to one's inquiry to the legitimacy of Kan's photos.

However this doesn't prove either way whether Max is for real or not. It DOES however imply that the organization representative may be embarrassed for believing and supporting someone they haven't verified for themself and thus aren't sure of. How many people have seen Max's "abilities"?

Everyone says he's an "amazing person" and i'm sure there are millions of amazing people in this world but the question is what can he do? Throwing students around is no longer acceptable as a "power" as I can be done through psychological tricks, and I believe that someone challenged Max to throw him around but Max said something about he can't throw you around until you've done kunlun for 6 months or something because one's energy has to be open or else they'll get hurt? Personally even if this were true I'd find it quite impractical and a useless "power" to have. He said in his lectures that "kunluners" develop siddhis to "help people" but if they have to be attuned to your energy first then it's simply impractical...or it's a lie :P but who knows, it's really all heresay.

However you'd think that out of all the seminars that max did where he did crazy shit to people that SOMEONE would have been completely unaffected and realized if it was bullshit. So...idk...more investigation and inquiries are needed. Unfortunately nobody seems to answer emails on any kunlun sites anymore so...meh.

-Astral

The burden of proof lies with those who have doubt.

The only resolve is going to the source of doubt

You just don't get it! Belief is irrelevant!

is Tao real?

We are discussing facts in regards to Max's claims. If you want to discuss the Tao, there are other threads.

Someone please post it asap. It belongs adjacent to this part of the thread.

Thank you

Quoted from the "golden dragon body photos" thread page 16(?)

I am sorry that you are spending your time trying to de-bunk photos. If

you want the original you need to ask Kan. For those who do their practice

and have meet Kan they know that they are real. We do not have to justify

anything for you or for the tao bums who have nothing better to do but

create drama for people, talk bad about people and what they teach.

Believe what you will and please do not contact us any further on this

subject. We are not here to make people believe in something or not, nor

to make people accept or not accept, these things are normal effects of

spiritual practices and many people throughout the world have these same

things happening to themselves or others they know.

If your seeking truths then do your own practices and look within, after

opening yourself you may find your own answers then you will see some form

of outer manifestation occur.

Good luck on your journey, and one day meet kan,

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be

privileged.

It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone

else is unauthorized.

If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of

this E-mail or any action taken (Or not taken) in reliance on it is

unauthorized and may be unlawful. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains

information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure

under applicable law. If you have received it in error, please notify the

sender of the error and delete the message.

Belief being irrelevant, how can there be doubt?

irrelevant question?

Thank you for finding it.

Does anyone see this letter as very defensive?

torus693-

please do not contact us any further on this

subject

This to me indicates a rather defensive response. It's basically saying "If you're going to ask tough questions then we're not going to answer you". Pretty sketch imo. Maybe I'm wrong. Again I don't see it as proof that Max is a fraud but merely that a representative may be feeling slight shame/guilt for either being unable to answer the question or for realizing he/she is lying. The person who responded was from the "primordial alchemist" (Max's) website, I'm assuming it was "Diane"(?)

-Astral

Edited by Astral_Anima

His partner wrote a very defensive response for Max. That letter is on this forum sometime last year.

Business partner?

I just don't buy these "empty force" or "yellow bamboo" no-touch videos. I don't believe them. So many peaople that made these claims have been exposed when confronted by someone who is not their student.

Edited by Immortal4life

Tai Chi Master's 'Empty Force' proves to be no shield - Shen Hongxun

Skeptical Inquirer, July-August, 1998 by Fraser Dingwall

Shen Hongxun is a Tai Chi teacher who claims to have mastered, and to be able to exhibit, the Empty Force (and other 'special forces'). The Empty Force supposedly enables a practitioner to hurl people to the ground without touching them. Dr. Shen offers week-long seminars (tuition fee [pounds]300) for those wishing to acquire these skills.

Following such a course held in Newport in Britain in 1995, an attendee, Paul Brewer, wrote a report for issue 5 of the Tai Chi Chaun journal extolling Shens demonstrations of his powers.

Issue 6 of the journal contained two skeptical letters in response. One from a highly respected Tai Chi teacher, Dan Docherty (a very amusing letter), and one from Rob Morton.

Issue 8 contained a rebuttal from Shen, and featured three photographs (shades of levitating TM-ers!) showing an adult male falling to the floor and rolling out of a room, propelled by the waving hands of Shen. It also published a letter from Brewer, challenging Docherty and Morton to put their money where their pens were, inviting them to attend the next seminar, and promising to refund their tuition fees if they did not become convinced of Shens special powers.

Docherty and Morton duly attended. On the first day, before the seminar commenced, Docherty brandished his [pounds]300 and stated that he was happy to pay, but wished first to have a demonstration of the powers. He told Shen, both in Mandarin Chinese and in English (to avoid any confusion), what he was about to do. He slowly approached Shen, gave him time to summon/prepare/deploy his special powers, and proceeded to pour a liter of water over him. Needless to say, Docherty did not collapse and roll out on the room, the water did not take detour around Dr. Shen's head, nor did it spontaneously leap into the jug. Thereupon Docherty and Morton left the seminar.

I have summarized it here, and details to the above can - at this writing anyway - be found on the World Wide Web. Visit www.taichichuan.co.uk/wudang - it featured a video still showing Shen physically attempting to fend off the water. Rob Morton appears to be aware both of CSICOP and of Randi's challenges.

There is a lot more detail, and I have access to the Tai Chi journals plus a pamphlet about Dr. Shens teachings. (Sample quote: "The Qigong master commands the ability to see the past and into the future. This ability is used to track down criminals.")

Fraser Dingwall reports from South Sea, Hampshire, U.K.

COPYRIGHT 1998 Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal

COPYRIGHT 2000 Gale Group