Taomeow

Kunlun San Diego and assorted musings

Cameron flipped out after a Max seminar because he wasn't ready for it. I'm trying to explain that I'm not ready for it either, so my fear is a manifestation of prudence.

Trust your intuition. I did flip out a bit from the practice. The Max transmisison was intense for sure. I am still trying to find my own way to live with the energy a year later.

I still am not sure whether it will be a practice I will do long term or not. But I have spoken enough about my experiences with it, pros and cons, to just let go an let it be.

As far as I know no one has been hurt from Max's workshop. I mean, I got a bit ungrounded but it's not like my health was hurt or anything. I rarely get sick since starting Kunlun and feel pretty good most of the time. But I wasn't getting sick too often before starting Kunlun.

I spoke with some fellow Taobums in NYC about this last night. My summary at this point is I don't know enough about Kunlun to comment. Sometimes I wish more explanation was offered but I am ok with the way they are presenting it also. Max is quite a character. He brings you into this amazing world of possibilities and things you never thought of. The practice is powerful and definetly needs to be respected.

Is it something that will be positive in the long run? Only time will tell.

Taomeow I would love to here any "safeguards" you know of that you mentioned. Things to help balance out the energy when sitting for 20 minutes with your hands covering your navel isn't enough. And I agree with others your experience and writing is awesome.

I wish everyone the best on their path.

Cameron, your comments today look like mine of a year ago.

Just an aside, please carry on.

Ok :)

Well, we will all figure it all out together I hope.

Just to be clear, having met Max, Chris and the Kunlun gang I don't question their intergrity, honesty etc. I think their hearts are in the right place. Whether Kunlun ends up being the great awakening practice it has been billed as being or not, I don't question that they have a strong faith in the system and the teacher. Max also seemed nothing but cool from my experience with him. How many "Taoist Masters" can you get a cup of Starbucks with and feel totally casual hanging out with?

I am open to the possibility in my case it might be a situation of playing "catch up". Anyway, let's stop all the animocity and nonsense and just tell it like it is.

Cam

How many "Taoist Masters" can you get a cup of Starbucks with and feel totally casual hanging out with?

Cam

There should be no problem hanging out and feeling totally casual with any master.

Probably true.

I guess I mean Max really took a liking to a bunch of us here and I think, whatever the ultimate outcome, we have developed a special realationship with this teacher here. I mean, one of his top students posts here regularly and we are getting updates from the students here that we have known over the years etc.

I can understand people not into Kunlun on this site getting sick of that. For my part I basically just try to talk about Kunlun in other peoples threads about Kunlun. And don't post polls about whether I should do BJJ or Aikido anymore :lol:

Was nice meeting up yesterday, all the best.

Taomeow I would love to here any "safeguards" you know of that you mentioned. Things to help balance out the energy when sitting for 20 minutes with your hands covering your navel isn't enough.

This is my question as well.

Taomeow, do you feel that kunlun energy, after it starts to unfold, may not be stopped and get unleashed without any control? This is what August Leo have mentioned some time ago.

As for your account - it is amazing how you managed to tell so much not mentioning any specific details. Many thanks.

Taomeow, do you feel that kunlun energy, after it starts to unfold, may not be stopped and get unleashed without any control? This is what August Leo have mentioned some time ago.
I don't see there is much danger in practicing Kunlun. Of course, one can have experiences that can be very uncomfortable but after stopping the practice their effect normally dissapears. Still, it would be a great idea for a teacher to watch over a student and help her/him if the need comes.

Taomeow, thanks for the entertainment. love0080.gif

Did the experiences at the seminar make you consider putting Kunlun practice in your daily routine?

Thanks for listening to the story, my generous friends! :)

Did the experiences at the seminar make you consider putting Kunlun practice in your daily routine?

I will experiment with it, I've been practicing (not every day though, but almost) since the seminar and I'm curious to find out where it might lead. For me, the interesting part so far has been that I actually "want" to do it -- I am basically lazy and most things I do I have to kick myself in the zhi to get going, but so far, with this one, I don't seem to have to exercise any willpower, something in me is curious and seems to want to see what it has to show... but then, it's only been two weeks, hard to tell yet whether it's the novelty factor, the timing factor -- this finds me in a relatively stagnant phase of cultivation that needed an influx of some new motivation anyway -- or the actual merits of the practice itself. Time and experience will tell. I don't normally jump to conclusions until something way more tangible and "heng" than merely "believing" or "not believing" starts happening. What about you? Have you tried it?

Witch,

I don't know if Max "takes," but he hasn't taken from me. His assistants seem to be in good shape, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. :)

Guest sykkelpump

Isnt kunlun very similar to the first exersise chunyi lin teach in spring forest qi gong?

he calls it forming of jing and yang,it is balancing yin and yang.

Thanks for listening to the story, my generous friends! :)

I will experiment with it, I've been practicing (not every day though, but almost) since the seminar and I'm curious to find out where it might lead. For me, the interesting part so far has been that I actually "want" to do it -- I am basically lazy and most things I do I have to kick myself in the zhi to get going, but so far, with this one, I don't seem to have to exercise any willpower, something in me is curious and seems to want to see what it has to show... but then, it's only been two weeks, hard to tell yet whether it's the novelty factor, the timing factor -- this finds me in a relatively stagnant phase of cultivation that needed an influx of some new motivation anyway -- or the actual merits of the practice itself. Time and experience will tell. I don't normally jump to conclusions until something way more tangible and "heng" than merely "believing" or "not believing" starts happening. What about you? Have you tried it?

Witch,

I don't know if Max "takes," but he hasn't taken from me. His assistants seem to be in good shape, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. :)

Yeah, we are a happy bunch. Especially the women. Mucho shen for our friends.

I really enjoyed your posts. You are a brilliant mind.

Like I said in my "forced public speaking" diatribe at the free lecture: "Kunlun is simple, like walking, but once you learn it you can go anywhere (internally)."

It is a key that helps you unlock your own mystery, so stick with it. It will deliver as much as you allow.

Cheers!

Chris

Yeah, we are a happy bunch. Especially the women. Mucho shen for our friends.

I really enjoyed your posts. You are a brilliant mind.

Like I said in my "forced public speaking" diatribe at the free lecture: "Kunlun is simple, like walking, but once you learn it you can go anywhere (internally)."

It is a key that helps you unlock your own mystery, so stick with it. It will deliver as much as you allow.

Cheers!

Chris

$$$$$$$

?

$$$$$$$

?

You obviously have nothing left to say pertinent to the discussion of the internal Taoist arts. In fact, you seem unable speak to the subject. So I must ask, why are you in a Taoist forum?

You obviously have nothing left to say pertinent to the discussion of the internal Taoist arts. In fact, you seem unable speak to the subject. So I must ask, why are you in a Taoist forum?

To protect people from your rubbish.

I'm also sure I know more than you but I don't know everything! Does Max know everything?

You are beginning to look so bad but then again that movie trailer said it all didn't it?

Fake?

What about you? Have you tried it?
I've practiced it last year from August to November 2 hours a day. I stopped because the energies generated by Kunlun became too strong and rough, and caused pains in the heart and head regions. It got to the point that I couldn't meditate without my body being extreemly restless. The outside movements would disappear but I felt like a volcano ready to explode. Probably I practiced too much. I knew a different version of the same practice that I learned in my youth which is a little safer (for me) and a part of a chikung method I do every day. So I practice that instead.

Do I regret it? Absolutely not. I wanted to see Max since I found out about him in 2000 from http://www.innerselfcenter.com . In fact, even though there is some kind of deep animosity between Toledo and Max's group, I would totally recommend buying most of Max's videos just to see his energy right after he came back from the East. Very simple, nice and beautiful. He was still talking about stilling the mind back then as the main component of his teachings... :)

In fact, even though there is some kind of deep animosity between Toledo and Max's group, I would totally recommend buying most of Max's videos just to see his energy right after he came back from the East. Very simple, nice and beautiful. He was still talking about stilling the mind back then as the main component of his teachings... :)

What videos?

To protect people from your rubbish.

I'm also sure I know more than you but I don't know everything! Does Max know everything?

You are beginning to look so bad but then again that movie trailer said it all didn't it?

Fake?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I bet you do know more than me. I am on the path of forgetting what I "know" so I am sure that is the case.

Speaking of "case", you have made none against what we do. All you have done is vented your frustration at not knowing more.

You would be best served trying to save yourself from yourself.

I wish you good luck on your path.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I bet you do know more than me. I am on the path of forgetting what I "know" so I am sure that is the case.

Speaking of "case", you have made none against what we do. All you have done is vented your frustration at not knowing more.

You would be best served trying to save yourself from yourself.

I wish you good luck on your path.

So where's the proof (facts), please?

Yes and you haven't come up with any 'facts' to verify Max's authenticity. It's the same old game isn't it? You talk shit and expect people to buy sh-it! I'm not wrong and I can feel your nerve braking, boy!

So do you think I'm enlightened?

Max isn't! So what do you make of that my little one?

$$$$$$$

?

I think you're on to something man, you should see Mantra's house. Vast Corridors awash in opulence, statues of silver and gold - Beyond the dreams of Avarice!

Patrick, although it's entertaining, you should probably be banned again.

Edit: nevermind, just saw that he was for 45 days.

Edited by Scotty

I think you're on to something man, you should see Mantra's house. Vast Corridors awash in opulence, statues of silver and gold - Beyond the dreams of Avarice!

Hey now, my home may not be much but it gets me around. I love my humble existence...

van.jpg

I have done it for a year on and off. I have never experienced pain. The major issue I experienced was a difficulty grounding the energy afterwards. Chris actually warned me about this before the first workshop saying it was important for him to eat meat otherwise he would get ungrounded or spacey.

Max also teaches I Jong for grounding now though. Also, I haven't heard any cases of any real problems from the practice. I mean, feeling ungrounded isn't great but it's not that big a deal. I stop practice for awhile and try to let things return to normal.

Max has mentioned really out there stuff that may happen that I don't think any practitioners here have experienced yet. Things like crying tears of black blood(I think due to the pineal gland breaking open?).

But I think he also said you could avoid this stage or do it another way also :unsure: