Sahaj Nath

SHAKING by Bradford Keeney

I don't believe it is the posture but the alignment of the palms in front of the central channel. Make certain the Lao Gong points are aligned when you first start. The book shows that. I do a lot of this while standing.

If you can obtain the transmission of the Red Phoenix, that would really jump start the practice.

If you tell me where you live, I can find someone to help you out with the RP. If you would want that assistance.

ralis

Thanks Ralis for all the valuable inputs. This is the point you are talking of right? So, according to the book, the posture makes these points face each other. I was not sure I held the position correctly to have them aligned but will watch out for this one from now on.

And Scotty, you are awesome. Thanks brother :)

p8.jpg

Thanks Ralis for all the valuable inputs. This is the point you are talking of right? So, according to the book, the posture makes these points face each other. I was not sure I held the position correctly to have them aligned but will watch out for this one from now on.

And Scotty, you are awesome. Thanks brother :)

p8.jpg

Those points are upper center of palm right on the so called life line. Straight down from the middle finger. Just put you awareness on it and you will feel it.

ralis

Thanks everyone. One last question :)

Does anyone practice Spring Forest Qigong - Active exercises + Small Universe along with Kunlun? Have been practicing these thrice a day for the last few weeks and don't want to discontinue the practice. But concerned as Small Universe being a fire practice may contradict with Kunlun? Any advice?

Oh and this is my last Kunlun question, sorry for derailing the thread again :)

Ralis or Freeform,

What is that is the "secret" of this form?

a. Is it the posture mainly i.e. holding the balloon and the legs

b. Or the act of letting go

c. Or the transmission

d. Or the shaking?

Probably a bit of all but what really drives Kunlun Nei Gong?

Yes - all of those.

But as you might be able to see, the bushmen don't hold the same posture, or get the same transmission - but they activate the same energy. It comes down to having that energy be activated. a,b,c and d are all ways of allowing the energy to be activated.

In kunlun we don't want to do any contrived shaking - if you need some contrived movements to help you along, then loosen the spine and make small spirals with your waist as you hold the posture, keep your neck and head loose. The posture itself - having your legs up on the balls of your feet will start an automatic shaking of the legs - then you just let go and be patient and the rest of your body will follow.

Regarding mixing practices - I know the mind loves to plan and perfect and improve-upon... but if you want to do this practice then leave the others alone for a while - and then if you still want to... after at least 2 months practice time, add other bits at a different time of the day and pay attention to how you feel.

Regarding N/om - yes they often describe it as a needle or spike that gets hot when it activates... they say to store it in the belly. They also say that N/om can often come in from the top of the head, or in the belly, or in a dream, or from a song, or story or the earth. N/om from 'young maidens' is Drew's particular focus :lol: .

Have a look around Keeney's site - check out some of the videos http://www.shakingmedicine.com/

Thanks for the Keeney interview link, Hundun.

Thanks everyone. One last question :)

Does anyone practice Spring Forest Qigong - Active exercises + Small Universe along with Kunlun? Have been practicing these thrice a day for the last few weeks and don't want to discontinue the practice. But concerned as Small Universe being a fire practice may contradict with Kunlun? Any advice?

Oh and this is my last Kunlun question, sorry for derailing the thread again :)

Well a lot of times Chunyi Lin or Jim Nance would start out the qigong classes with 5 minutes of bouncing exercise -- standing with knees slightly bent and then bouncing.

Is Mr Bradford Keeney holding courses in the states, still? After a bit of googeling I have yet to come up with anything that hasn't already passed, and I am wondering as far as teaching his "Shaking and healing" methodolgy.

Thanks guys.

His promoter walked away from working for him. She now is representing a variety of people, including KAP for next January in Oregon.

From what I understand from talking to her his business skills are subpar so he really needs someone to actively help him with marketing and production.

So far he does require an apprenticeship. I think it might be 3years if I remember correctly. But once the n/om is up and running (which really is shakti kundalini) it's not too hard to do the teaching and healing methodology on your own especially if you have experience with shaking and spontaneous movement qigong and some have some decent energy healing skills. His system is very spontaneous. You do have to learn the Bushmen world view which is quite different and it's crazy coyote wisdom. If you want to learn the bushmen system you are going to have to spend some real time with him and a trip or two to Africa to dance with the bushmen.

Bushman cave paintings show the n'om traveling up the back. One of them has described it as feeling like very hot water rising up the back.

The real shaking besides being healing is very sensual and sexual in a tantric way in the group dancing. If you don't have some strong boundaries around sex it is easy to get carried away into the blissful, sexual nature of it just like when the kundalini begins to rise. Divorce happens as well as other long term relationship breakups in Keeney's groups because it is so intimate. Like tantra you have to learn to see each other in your practice groups as spiritual lovers not physical lovers.

The bushman practice is very fiery. If you look at Brad you can see how red he is even in his coloring. Also as Santi's wife said, "now there's a man who gets a lot of sex." ;)

As the Bushmen say... Big Love from the Big God.

s

The bushman practice is very fiery. If you look at Brad you can see how red he is even in his coloring. Also as Santi's wife said, "now there's a man who gets a lot of sex." ;)
Is that unhealthy, though? Can't too much fire burn out your system and cause organ degeneration - leading to premature aging & a reduced lifespan?

225px-Bradfordkeeney2008.jpg

Thanks ShaktiMama!

As for Brad in that picture, he looks fairly healthy and happy to me! Lol.

Although I have heard the same thing. Perhaps it has to do with his internal wiring?

He knows so much, it would be great to learn from him directly - I like how he mentiones seeing ropes going up, or from side to side. I've seen those too, with alittle help I put myself somewhere inside myself I'd never been before, and I started seeing ropes/lines of blue running from everything, but nor really touching anything, it was like a mind's eye overlay or something.

Hi Susan!

I think you've hit a nail. The difference between polarities playing out between us all and actually choosing a person to do that with mindfully as a lover. I'm starting to understand why people get confused with this and end up in futile relationships and situations as a result.

The shaking stuff is also very interesting from a (can I dare say?) "physiological" perspective. I'm getting to convinced that the following are worth doing simply because of the way people are, and especially the way they're socialized (of course it depend on how the society goes):

- shaking

- spontaneous stuff

- dissolving

- vipassana

And pretty much all the above for very similar reasons.

Someone who looks as healthy as this guy probably doesn't have many hangups about anything much and that's a joy to see. :wub:

I think I'd save up and go there :)

Thanks for the Keeney interview link, Hundun.

:)

one of my favorite excerpts from the interview:

"...and when someone says "unless you follow it MY way, and here's the protocol for how to be a shaman or how to be a healer," whew, somebody needs to stand up and say, "YOU DON'T GET IT!" because it is RADICALLY born IN THE MOMENT, with NO expectation of what its form will be. you surrender to being the hand, the instrument of the Gods, and they come down and they might do any kind of crazy thing with you. sometimes you may be still, sometimes you might make a noise, but there ain't no protocol!"

i thought it was worth transcribing.

Hi Susan!

I think you've hit a nail. The difference between polarities playing out between us all and actually choosing a person to do that with mindfully as a lover. I'm starting to understand why people get confused with this and end up in futile relationships and situations as a result.

The shaking stuff is also very interesting from a (can I dare say?) "physiological" perspective. I'm getting to convinced that the following are worth doing simply because of the way people are, and especially the way they're socialized (of course it depend on how the society goes):

- shaking

- spontaneous stuff

- dissolving

- vipassana

And pretty much all the above for very similar reasons.

Someone who looks as healthy as this guy probably doesn't have many hangups about anything much and that's a joy to see. :wub:

I think I'd save up and go there :)

He is not very grounded according to my TCM friends who have taken his classes and tends to be overly affectionate with the juicy Shaktis say some of my dear female friends/students who have taken his classes. 'Nuff said, yes?

s

Thanks ShaktiMama!

As for Brad in that picture, he looks fairly healthy and happy to me! Lol.

Although I have heard the same thing. Perhaps it has to do with his internal wiring?

He knows so much, it would be great to learn from him directly - I like how he mentiones seeing ropes going up, or from side to side. I've seen those too, with alittle help I put myself somewhere inside myself I'd never been before, and I started seeing ropes/lines of blue running from everything, but nor really touching anything, it was like a mind's eye overlay or something.

What is great about him is are his books are looks into a cross cultural phenomenon, spiritual awakening by a cosmic energy many of us call shakti kundalini. Ropes of god are found in different spiritual traditions from Jacob's ladder to the rainbow bridge.

grandmasweb.gif

I made this image back in 2000. It shows what I see with my inner vision about the universe.

s

"He is not very grounded according to my TCM friends who have taken his classes and tends to be overly affectionate with the juicy Shaktis say some of my dear female friends/students who have taken his classes. 'Nuff said, yes?"

Hehehe, that's pretty cool. But I can see why it might not be for everyone. :huh:

"Grounded" seems to be a good idea as far as I can tell.

He is not very grounded according to my TCM friends who have taken his classes and tends to be overly affectionate with the juicy Shaktis say some of my dear female friends/students who have taken his classes. 'Nuff said, yes?

s

no, he's not grounded at all. and that's one of his main points, i think! :lol: especially when "grounded" is virtually synonymous with "under control." he gets manic, and he shouts from the rooftops that manic ecstasy is divine and to no be afraid to lose yourself. it's initially what put me off and kept me from listening to the CD's, but once i gave it a real shot, that's a big part of what made it so brilliant.

TCM is an inappropriate measure of ecstatic awakening. the roots of their cultural expressions are VERY different, as are their goals, mainly because TCM makes assumptions about what healing should look like, and the ecstatic traditions do not. Keeney's not seeking a mellow equilibrium. none of the ecstatic traditions are.

certainly not for everyone, but he's all about being "inappropriate" and unconventional, and boy, do a lot of people need that! :lol:

grandmasweb.gif

I made this image back in 2000. It shows what I see with my inner vision about the universe.

Nice! Do you by any chance do video special effects editing like with Adobe Aftereffects?

Well a lot of times Chunyi Lin or Jim Nance would start out the qigong classes with 5 minutes of bouncing exercise -- standing with knees slightly bent and then bouncing.

KAP and almost all good chi kung & native shaman practices have some form of Shaking in it.

Its very crucial for many reasons. One being it OBVIOUS it shakes things up.

Shake a bottle of water and you end up re energizing and re-oxygenating it.

What is great about him is are his books are looks into a cross cultural phenomenon, spiritual awakening by a cosmic energy many of us call shakti kundalini. Ropes of god are found in different spiritual traditions from Jacob's ladder to the rainbow bridge.

grandmasweb.gif

s

Yes seen this sort of thing many times.

: )

0 to 1

much love.

TCM is an inappropriate measure of ecstatic awakening. the roots of their cultural expressions are VERY different, as are their goals, mainly because TCM makes assumptions about what healing should look like, and the ecstatic traditions do not. Keeney's not seeking a mellow equilibrium. none of the ecstatic traditions are.

Interesting.

An idea crossed my mind. That the bushman way does indeed seek harmony, but on a social level... during an ecstatic session some people are hot some people are cool... I have noticed that when you switch on the spontaneous energy in a group setting you tend to balance each other out... You see similar stuff with Ratu Bagus.

The taoist seeks to create an internal harmony, largely independent of a community of spiritual seekers.

However - it's obvious that the taoists practice ecstatic spontaneous forms too... from spontaneous animal movement qi gong to kunlun, to Zi Fa Gong, to certain shaolin practices and many others we've probably not heard of... how do these forms relate to the ecstatic form of awakening? They are certainly presented in a less radical way... but the fact is that the practice is as radical as the bushman way...

no, he's not grounded at all. and that's one of his main points, i think! :lol: especially when "grounded" is virtually synonymous with "under control." he gets manic, and he shouts from the rooftops that manic ecstasy is divine and to no be afraid to lose yourself. it's initially what put me off and kept me from listening to the CD's, but once i gave it a real shot, that's a big part of what made it so brilliant.

certainly not for everyone, but he's all about being "inappropriate" and unconventional, and boy, do a lot of people need that! :lol:

I am an ecstatic mystic myself. Inappropriate and unconventional for sure is my practice and I have been violently attacked for it. I still get attacked. Even Dr. Morris told me I was crazy. The levels of bliss and ecstasy that he observed in me frightened and amazed him. He told me, "you scare people with that." Bliss and ecstasy is dangerous to the status quo and the modern world is anti bliss. I am also one of the most grounded people you will meet. I am the earth and I am also totally lost, consumed in the joy of the divine.

Grounded is not about control to me. It is about having a strong earth element.

Inappropriate and unconventional is a lot about not being politically correct, nor following party lines about how spiritual practice is done. But, to be clear, it in not about sexually irresponsible behavior. As a teacher it is not about getting my needs met thru the students. People go where they need to go to get training and hopefully, do not give their personal authority away to their teacher. If they are grounded they tend not to or do so in a common sense, self protective way.

One needs to learn how to be grounded in the earth element to have an effective lifetime practice. It is a ruse of unethical teachers (they may not see it as unethical or a problem) to use that high that is generated by lack of grounding to manipulate students and create attachment to the teacher. I am definitely not saying Brad does this but many, many other teachers do. Some from a lack of awareness thinking they are the source of the high. Others do it deliberately.

One can be happy, unconventional, and grounded. One can know the source of ecstasy and bliss comes from within and not from any outside source. As I tell my students over and over and over, "I am not the source of the bliss you are feeling. That is your own energy you feel. I am only a catalyst and guide. You are the source of your own ecstasy."

Only seeking clarity,

s

Interesting.

An idea crossed my mind. That the bushman way does indeed seek harmony, but on a social level... during an ecstatic session some people are hot some people are cool... I have noticed that when you switch on the spontaneous energy in a group setting you tend to balance each other out... You see similar stuff with Ratu Bagus.

The taoist seeks to create an internal harmony, largely independent of a community of spiritual seekers.

However - it's obvious that the taoists practice ecstatic spontaneous forms too... from spontaneous animal movement qi gong to kunlun, to Zi Fa Gong, to certain shaolin practices and many others we've probably not heard of... how do these forms relate to the ecstatic form of awakening? They are certainly presented in a less radical way... but the fact is that the practice is as radical as the bushman way...

Brad has said, "there are no kundalini accidents in the Bush." Based on my experience that is absolutely right. My opinion is that kundalini practice is not something that should be a solitary practice. It should be done in a group. When the bushmen get over amped with kudnalini or the n/om they will seek someone to dance and shake with. They have to discharge all that extra energy by direct physical contact. They will take their sweat and rub it on each other which among other things is filled with electrolytes which would facilitate energy transfer.

We build up like a bio electric capacitor. Eventually we reach a limitation set by our own internal wet ware and we have to discharge extra current (kundalini) or we get something people call kundalini syndrome. This is difficult to discharge if we are in isolated, solitary practice. Also it is difficult to raise such levels and quantities of energy in isolation.

Through our practices we transform the capacity of our wetware to hold a higher charge without frying. Kundalini also causes our body to "rewire" to do so.

This sharing of energy does create harmony in the group and facilitates healing. Shakti loves to be shared. :)

Master Jin Fa of Vancouver, BC, a shaolin grandmaster teaches a form of chi gong that is spontaneous movement, filled with shaking, and blissful. :) Not only were there postures or movements he taught but he also taught mudras. I remember one in particular that circulated heart energy for bliss.

The couple of times we taught together he marveled at the students ability to progress so quickly in his style of qigong. He did not understand the depth or effectiveness of the processes the Dr Morris and I were teaching. He thought it was because they were westerners.

Sifu Dan Ferrera in Michigan studied with Jin Fa if people are interested in learning that style of qigong. Jin Fa doesnt really teach anymore due to his advanced age. If you go learn with Sifu Dan tell him you heard about him from me. He's a good man and a real chi monster of energy. Great healing skills.

s

• Like 1

Nice! Do you by any chance do video special effects editing like with Adobe Aftereffects?

Nope. I had used a free fractal program I found on the web back them.

s

Regarding grounding - I actually agree. Most people think of grounding as 'calm, sober, 'normal''. In my experience - true grounding (and I use that term slightly differently to 'a strong earth element' - although that's a major part of it)... true grounding looks a bit a lot like a healthy, happy child... full of joyous, inquisitive energy... awareness is free to roam without attachment, and is strongly anchored to the original nature.

Master Jin Fa of Vancouver, BC, a shaolin grandmaster teaches a form of chi gong that is spontaneous movement, filled with shaking, and blissful.

Yes, there's a Shaolin master here in the UK - (hard to track down though!) here are some 'interesting' videos. Definitely ecstatic practice :lol:

Shakti liking to be shared. Very true in my experience - both in groups and even out in nature - sometimes I feel pulled towards a tree and the resulting transfer is often very balancing... some trees teach you how to ground, some teach how to link up to heaven... and humans teach the trees something different :lol:... sometimes I feel drawn to the ground... that also helps discharge the over-amped energy.

Max always emphasises the cool, magnetic aspect of the energy (as opposed to the hot, electric aspect)... there's a tangible difference - especially in the way the spontaneous movements come about... the electric energy causes the trembling and shaking, jumping and loud, percussive noise making... often have fast and sometimes reverse breathing, a certain upwards spinal wave movements. The magnetic seems to cool the body, the movements are slower - less shaking and more grand movements - making circles or spirals, dance like movements, vocalisations come out as chants or tones, or even songs... In my own spontaneous practice I seem to move from one to the other, then back again.

Yes the capacitance metaphor really makes sense. The energy is intelligent - it can only give you what you can take... so it's never a case of trying to 'increase' energy, but a case of becoming a clearer, lighter conductor. At least for me, that's the most useful way to see it at the moment. Max would be a little reluctant to demonstrate the spontaneous movement himself - I found out why! :lol: when he was demonstrating it for a couple of seconds the room filled with an out-of-this-world buzzing and pressure, some people looking directly at him either saw him glow or start to disappear. For me it just felt like an overwhelming blissful buzz. I'm guessing the alchemy of transforming the base physicality into subtle light is what allows for a greater and greater flow of current.

Rope to God... central channel? :)

Edited by freeform

Inappropriate and unconventional is a lot about not being politically correct, nor following party lines about how spiritual practice is done. But, to be clear, it in not about sexually irresponsible behavior. As a teacher it is not about getting my needs met thru the students. People go where they need to go to get training and hopefully, do not give their personal authority away to their teacher. If they are grounded they tend not to or do so in a common sense, self protective way.

One needs to learn how to be grounded in the earth element to have an effective lifetime practice. It is a ruse of unethical teachers (they may not see it as unethical or a problem) to use that high that is generated by lack of grounding to manipulate students and create attachment to the teacher. I am definitely not saying Brad does this but many, many other teachers do. Some from a lack of awareness thinking they are the source of the high. Others do it deliberately.

SO much truth here! :)

i hope you will take this response as a question rather than a challenge. it's quite clear that you've been around the block and you know what you're talking about. i don't want to invalidate anything that you've stated because i know that there are some very real issues with this kind of thing. i've seen unethical exploitation take place. but at the same time, i just don't feel comfortable drawing lines and setting limits. it's totally necessary in the lay-world where there's an open-door policy and some people who really shouldn't even be there show up, but i've also seen these kinds of things turn TOTALLY sexual and frenzied, with strangers hooking up and going at it while others are dancing, screaming, and speaking in tongues, and it was amazing. i'm reminded of Oz House and Thelema Lodge, both of the OTO, not to mention a few wiccan celebrations. not open to the public, but certainly large groups of strangers who dare to let go COMPLETELY, and nothing is taboo.

maybe the difference is that every occasion of this nature that i've witness/participated in was presided over by a Priestess, a Mother. i don't know. it was the women who were the most wild, and the men were largely passive once they paired up. i remember feeling wild and unbridled, and i remember locking eyes with a woman and immediately feeling submissive the moment she touched my face, completely taken in, as if my purpose on earth was to love and to please her in that moment. i felt almost like her pet. i was genuinely in love with her, albeit only for one night. anyways, that only happened once. other events i just stayed enraptured in the dance and the calling out, but still a lot of touchy-feeliness going on.

some people really just have no business at events like that, or with teachers like that. but for others, it can be a truly beautiful thing to submit, to give ones personal authority over to another, or to the pure primordial spirit.

i don't think there's such thing as a 'common sense, self protective' way to surrender. that's not surrender then. and there are many teachers whom NO ONE should surrender to. but at the end of the day, the seeker has to decide whom to submit to, or if to submit at all, as there are plenty of practices that don't require absolute vulnerability. but there are no real safeguards, and i honestly don't think there should be. i don't think you can transcend good & evil if there are.

what are your thoughts on this, specifically? am i not appreciating the disparity of power between the unethical and the naive? or am i being naive myself? whatever it is, let me have it! :lol:

all in love,

Regarding grounding - I actually agree. Most people think of grounding as 'calm, sober, 'normal''. In my experience - true grounding (and I use that term slightly differently to 'a strong earth element' - although that's a major part of it)... true grounding looks a bit a lot like a healthy, happy child... full of joyous, inquisitive energy... awareness is free to roam without attachment, and is strongly anchored to the original nature.

Yes, there's a Shaolin master here in the UK - (hard to track down though!) here are some 'interesting' videos. Definitely ecstatic practice :lol:

Shakti liking to be shared. Very true in my experience - both in groups and even out in nature - sometimes I feel pulled towards a tree and the resulting transfer is often very balancing... some trees teach you how to ground, some teach how to link up to heaven... and humans teach the trees something different :lol:... sometimes I feel drawn to the ground... that also helps discharge the over-amped energy.

Max always emphasises the cool, magnetic aspect of the energy (as opposed to the hot, electric aspect)... there's a tangible difference - especially in the way the spontaneous movements come about... the electric energy causes the trembling and shaking, jumping and loud, percussive noise making... often have fast and sometimes reverse breathing, a certain upwards spinal wave movements. The magnetic seems to cool the body, the movements are slower - less shaking and more grand movements - making circles or spirals, dance like movements, vocalisations come out as chants or tones, or even songs... In my own spontaneous practice I seem to move from one to the other, then back again.

Yes the capacitance metaphor really makes sense. The energy is intelligent - it can only give you what you can take... so it's never a case of trying to 'increase' energy, but a case of becoming a clearer, lighter conductor. At least for me, that's the most useful way to see it at the moment. Max would be a little reluctant to demonstrate the spontaneous movement himself - I found out why! :lol: when he was demonstrating it for a couple of seconds the room filled with an out-of-this-world buzzing and pressure, some people looking directly at him either saw him glow or start to disappear. For me it just felt like an overwhelming blissful buzz. I'm guessing the alchemy of transforming the base physicality into subtle light is what allows for a greater and greater flow of current.

Rope to God... central channel? :)

Your description of the child like state as an example of grounding is spot on. I could not have said it better myself. In fact, I shared it with my kundalini support list.

Yes...those vids are part of an ecstatic practice. They look like some of the classes I had been in with Jin Fa or Santiago or some of my own classes. It's really about healing ourselves and transforming our internal wet ware to carry greater intensity of energies. When that is done we do become more like little children and our perception becomes innocent. There is no place for being a jaded cynic.

Yes, there is a difference between the electric and magnetic flows and each serves its own purpose. It is good to achieve mastery of self with both flows. I am not there yet.

Spontaneous movement is about becoming a clear channel. It is quicker and more efficient than stillness I have found. It is not a path for everyone nor could it be. At the higher levels the vessel begins to dissolve and only the current remains. My challenge is to remain present and centered during the dissolving.

Our bodies are vessels of alchemy. It is the nexus point on this planet for the flow between heavenly and earthly energies. We are constantly transmuting from immaterial to material and back again with our bodies. The mastery comes in doing that with conscious awareness. That energy called kundalini or n/om speeds up the process or brings the vessel up to speed faster.

Baby's pose or child's pose will help discharge the over amped energy too. It is really not so much a discharge actually although that is what it feels like but a normalization of flow from an area of higher intensity to lower intensity. This is where it becomes important in healing as a transference of energies. Trees are natural recyclers and will embrace you as you have found. I also have my students rub their foreheads on the ground when they are in baby's pose. It feels soooo good when the energy is high.

Yes, a rope to God for me would be similar to the central channel. There are many correspondences in the major spiritual traditions. They are not always exact but some of them are pretty damn close. It is fun to look for the similarities rather than the differences between traditions. At the higher levels, with the higher sense perception, everything starts to look much like the same except for the spin a cultural window puts on it. At the lower levels it is difficult if not impossible to map one tradition over another.

It's obvious to me you have experiential understanding rather than have been parroting a book.

Thanks for the conversation.

s