phore

new kunlun book

Hey Seth,

I'm no expert by any means but I'll help answer your questions. Someone else please correct me if I'm wrong...

1 - in the visualization at the start do I imagine the scenario around/with my body or do i imagine/visualize a picture of myself in my mind or does it not matter? I know in some practices its important how you do this.

I'm not an expert on the visualization at the beginning, only practiced it for a day or two...I think Max said at the seminar it wasn't too important. Good question on that, though. For myself, I did a mixture of both when I first started.

2 - Are there many Kunlunners in Australia or Melbourne?

3 - Does anyone know if Max/ or teachers will ever come to Australia?

Yes I think there are a few Aussies here on taobums who practice, or who have at least tried it out. I bet the crew would go to Australia if you set it up with them...just make sure you spread the word so that people actually attend, you know? It costs a lot to travel these days.

4 - Do you have to wait the 6 month periods before each new stage of level one? I'm impatient I know, but I have practiced A lot of stuff for a long time and my nervous system is already quite clear and strong. Is this just a safety precaution for beginners? My vanity may kill me yet!

That's probably a question you should ask after at least 3 months of practicing. See for yourself.

From what I gather, the book's instructions are supposed to be followed fully to get the actual effect. All the details...the 100 day celibacy, etc. It takes time to build your energy up to a level similar to what you'd get from a transmission. So it's not just about the spontaneous movement, it's about cultivating.

Anyway after at least a few months you should finally be able to tell what's actually going on somewhat, and you can better judge for yourself if you think you should add k2.

5 - I know other threads have covered this but I'd like to hear more on mixing practices! Max himself chucks in bid draw, and teaches a whole host of other things.

It's not as big of a deal as it seems...you'll know what doesn't work because you'll experience problems. Basically it's just certain kundalini exercises...stuff that pushes energy upwards goes against the flow.

Anyway, I think it's good in the beginning to solely do kunlun 1 (and red phoenix 1 if you get it at a seminar). Especially if it's just from the book. It's better to actually figure out the subtleties of a practice and master it, than hodgepodge together a bunch of fun stuff and get a mixed effect, and not be able to know what each thing truly does.

After some time of doing k1 and rp1, then adding other stuff is great and you can quickly see what new exercises do. Kunlun kinda opens you to figure out different techniques really quickly...at least that's my experience. So previously, I had no idea why certain hand mudras were used...now I can distinctly feel energy coarsing through my hands and my whole mental/physical state changes as a result, so I can better tell what different things do energetically.

Just my experience.

Hey Seth,

I'm no expert by any means but I'll help answer your questions. Someone else please correct me if I'm wrong...

I'm not an expert on the visualization at the beginning, only practiced it for a day or two...I think Max said at the seminar it wasn't too important. Good question on that, though. For myself, I did a mixture of both when I first started.

Yes I think there are a few Aussies here on taobums who practice, or who have at least tried it out. I bet the crew would go to Australia if you set it up with them...just make sure you spread the word so that people actually attend, you know? It costs a lot to travel these days.

That's probably a question you should ask after at least 3 months of practicing. See for yourself.

From what I gather, the book's instructions are supposed to be followed fully to get the actual effect. All the details...the 100 day celibacy, etc. It takes time to build your energy up to a level similar to what you'd get from a transmission. So it's not just about the spontaneous movement, it's about cultivating.

Anyway after at least a few months you should finally be able to tell what's actually going on somewhat, and you can better judge for yourself if you think you should add k2.

It's not as big of a deal as it seems...you'll know what doesn't work because you'll experience problems. Basically it's just certain kundalini exercises...stuff that pushes energy upwards goes against the flow.

Anyway, I think it's good in the beginning to solely do kunlun 1 (and red phoenix 1 if you get it at a seminar). Especially if it's just from the book. It's better to actually figure out the subtleties of a practice and master it, than hodgepodge together a bunch of fun stuff and get a mixed effect, and not be able to know what each thing truly does.

After some time of doing k1 and rp1, then adding other stuff is great and you can quickly see what new exercises do. Kunlun kinda opens you to figure out different techniques really quickly...at least that's my experience. So previously, I had no idea why certain hand mudras were used...now I can distinctly feel energy coarsing through my hands and my whole mental/physical state changes as a result, so I can better tell what different things do energetically.

Just my experience.

Thanks Scotty, You Rule! ;)

Seth.

I'm already on day 8 of the 100 days and look forward to experiencing the results.

I'll start with the first part as recommended. How does he teach level one in the workshop if there is meant to be 6 months between each stage?

Seth.

Sat Chit Anand

I'm already on day 8 of the 100 days and look forward to experiencing the results.

Awesome, you can do it.

I'll start with the first part as recommended. How does he teach level one in the workshop if there is meant to be 6 months between each stage?

At seminars it's a lot more laid back. We get a transmission, and of course there should be some time to purge, but as far as I know it's not anymore a 6 month time period before you can start k2.

Max said that with the transmission k2 isn't so important...that k1 and rp1 alone can get you there.

But at least for me, it took me about 2 months to be able to actually understand what's going on with the practice, and to be able to do it well. If I had started k2 earlier, due to thinking it is cool and being impatient (which it is, and I am), then I think the results would've been kinda useless. But now it seems like I can start if I want, after a little over 3 months of practice.

That's just me, though.

Oh yeah, I also recommend getting the new book. The extra practices are really worth it. I always practice I-Jong for 20 minutes before kunlun, because it helps to open the legs, ground, and get a downward flow.

WYG,

Golden Flower which I think is in the new book is Egyptian.

Seth,

The feeling I get with Kunlun is that I can make significant progress in the practice during the course of this lifetime which seems to be draining me of my toxic load of impatience.

Your pal,

Yoda

Awesome, you can do it.

At seminars it's a lot more laid back. We get a transmission, and of course there should be some time to purge, but as far as I know it's not anymore a 6 month time period before you can start k2.

Max said that with the transmission k2 isn't so important...that k1 and rp1 alone can get you there.

But at least for me, it took me about 2 months to be able to actually understand what's going on with the practice, and to be able to do it well. If I had started k2 earlier, due to thinking it is cool and being impatient (which it is, and I am), then I think the results would've been kinda useless. But now it seems like I can start if I want, after a little over 3 months of practice.

That's just me, though.

Oh yeah, I also recommend getting the new book. The extra practices are really worth it. I always practice I-Jong for 20 minutes before kunlun, because it helps to open the legs, ground, and get a downward flow.

Kunlun level two should not be rushed. You should heed Max's advice and practice level one for at least six months first because the power you generate can overload your nervous system and you will not like the results. Then you will wish you had listened.

It doesn't matter what you have done before because the internal alchemy begun by level one tunes your system a certain way so that it can properly handle the flow of level two. That process takes about six months.

There are some other practices that he holds back from teaching anyone because they, like level two, can really overload the system and mess you up if you are not truly ready.

Please do follow instruction. We would hate to see anybody get hurt.

Chris Tittle

Edited by Mantra68

Level 2 is powerful...I had started it once but life distractions took me away from completing the full course. Definitely do enough of 1 first! :)

Here you go.Straight from the kunlun website.I hope its ok that i quote this from the website,just trying to help put an end to the menacing monkeys mantra spoke of a few threads ago

OK, Thanx.

Still think the movie is a bad move though! Better to love and move (L><M).

But hey I'm not here! Seeyah.

the book came and i read it

questions

should i practice the golden flower

1.during kunlun level 1, then move on to level 2, then shut down

2.kunlun level 1 first , then golden flower, then level 2 then shut down

3.kunlun level1, then level 2 then golden flower, then shut down

4.seperately from level one and two

I am poor, humble college student who is anxious to experiment with new practices. I won't be able to get a book for ... maybe a month! I can't wait that long !!!

can someone please, please explain to me kunlun 1 and 2? -or is there a site I can be refered to that has the information? You can PM me through the board, email me, ([email protected]) .. or hell, just create a new thread about it =)

Yes, for the sake of enlightenment, I am asking you to pirate these teachings :mellow:

come on, someone be a rebel. :mellow:

Phore,

I just got Pillars of Bliss about a month ago.

In the new book, does he tell you how to incorporate the new exercises into the basic Kunlun practice? I just want to make sure not to mix things up. So I was hoping some kind of recommended schedule or some direction was laid out.

Also, is Red Phoenix included at all in the new book? I'm planning to order this week.

Is there anything in Pillars of Bliss that is NOT in the new book?

If it's all there and just new stuff added, I wouldn't mind giving my Pillars of Bliss copy to someone, like Findley.

Thanks for any answers and have a good day!

Also, is Red Phoenix included at all in the new book?

I think you need the transmission for RP. RP does not seem to be listed in the contents.

By the way the cover of the new book looks really cool. Did anyone get the color edition? Any recommendation if its better to get this one or the black-n-white book is just fine?

Edited by SiliconValley

Junbao

i think that the new book contains everything in pillars of bliss (in the exact wording)

it does not contain red phoenix

the practices contained within are:

kunlun nei gung 1,2,3

5 elements: the jongs of maoshan (stance work, or standing stakes)

maoshan traveling hands (astral projection)

secret of the golden flower of maoshan (a type of internal alchemy)

red sun opening the heart (its been posted by mantra on this forum)

traveling the peaks of mt kunlun (dual cultivation)

the way the book talked you might be able to incorporate golden flower into kunlun (im not sure which is why i asked the question)

for a schedule

its in the book

level 1 for 1 hour close down 20 min for 1st 6 months

then level 1 for 1 hour, level 2 (reps increase each month) then closedown 20 min for 6 months

then level 1 for 1 hour, level 2 (max reps), then level 3 for 1 hour, then close down 20 min for 1 year (or indefinitely?)

my question is this can you incorporate golden flower into above schedule? if so how?

ty

edit: ive got the color but i dont have the black and white. i dont think that it really matters its mostly just an aesthetic choice. but it helps when looking at the pictures for the posture.

Edited by phore

Thanks Phore!

I'm guessing that since the practices are all in the book, they are all ok to practice at the same time, just in different sessions or something like that? I guess there is nothing in there that indicates how to incorporate them into a workable routine. I got the Kunlun schedule from the book Pillars of Bliss, but I was just wondering how this new stuff works into that.

Like I do 5 elements before Kunlun 1 and it seems to work pretty good. :)

Maybe Chris can shed some light if he stops by. :P

i think that all of the practices in the book are safe to do with kunlun (and compliment it)

as for a workable routine

it has suggested lengths and times for the practices, but not an actual routine because they are extra and not everyone would want to practice them.

i read the golden flower more carefully. my plan is this

-level 1, level2, gold flower, shutdown-

good idea, or the biggest mistake of my life?

I think it's a great movie intro. Max is a decent person, funny, wise, etc. And the book is nice ... pretty much better off with it than without it, basically. If one wants to pose for a more or less objective view, but then again, it's just my own view and opinion, and many of ours are different. there are very few people if any who know real truth anyway .... it's about our interaction with things anyway, and how much developed we are ourselves, to show actually how (evolved) we are.

My 2 cents. No harm done. Ty. :)

:D

Edited by froggie

I just got the book and haven't read it yet...but the color edition looks really great. You can do golden flower with kunlun level 1...I often do that and I like it a lot. Don't do level 2 until you've done the recommended time for level 1. It's good to follow ALL the tips that the book gives you, because without getting the transmission, those tips will help you build up your own energy in a safe way.

Just my point of view... B)

I am still waiting for the book to arrive. My question is kind of different. Are these practices independent and useful for those not practicing Kunlun? Kunlun does not work well for me at all but I was hoping to see if other practices can be integrated into my system? Are the other practices discussed in good detail?

Mantra,

- Does Max plan to be have a workshop in San Francisco sometime?

- Also, are you guys planning to have workshops focusing on other techniques apart from Kunlun?

- Are you planning to have a section of your forum open to those studying Max's teachings from the book?

Appreciate your patience in dealing with the many questions.

Edited by SiliconValley

Oh gosh, thank you Junbao, but if I must learn the practice from a book, I will go ahead and get it from the 'new and improved' pillars of bliss ;) thank you for the consideration, though!

I have the feeling I am going to abuse the living shit out of this system. I am going to skip all crap and move straight into experimenting with all the power-cultivating techniques!! :mellow:

I am only 22 now, so if I blow up maybe it will be ok in a few years? :blink:

Dude -- I know you're joking but they are too since "blowing up" and "transmission" are not coincidentally Freudian slips about loosing your load. You have to retain your "precious bodily fluids" for 100 days and you might notice by reading previous threads here on Kunlun that it's pretty difficult for most to do. At least I get a lot of PMs about that.

In other words unless you're in a monastery with no male perverts and no females you probably are not going to blow up (but rather will get sucked off) and even meeting those "stranded island" or "deep in the desert" or "mountain cave" celibacy conditions is pretty damn difficult. Welcome to the real world. haha.

I am still waiting for the book to arrive. My question is kind of different. Are these practices independent and useful for those not practicing Kunlun? Kunlun does not work well for me at all but I was hoping to see if other practices can be integrated into my system? Are the other practices discussed in good detail?

Mantra,

- Does Max plan to be have a workshop in San Francisco sometime?

- Also, are you guys planning to have workshops focusing on other techniques apart from Kunlun?

- Are you planning to have a section of your forum open to those studying Max's teachings from the book?

Appreciate your patience in dealing with the many questions.

We may come back to San Fran in October. Seminars cover many techniques from Maoshan to Egyptian. Actually many of the Taoist methods originate in Egypt. How they got them remains a mystery.

The forum is closed to those who have not studied with Max personally. Sorry. But it is free!