Jedi777

Great power and strength with out weights

Your right! Nobody doing isometrics is going get stronger than a weightlifter and I dont care what mantras or breathing techniques your using.

Why dont the isometric pushers post pics of themselves?

Benching is an awesome exercise and thats why professional fighters do it. I know there is some kind of crazy mystique about the 100lbs master beating up 10 big attackers.... but in the real world the guy who benches 300+lbs is going to punch hard..... really, really hard. Mike Tyson didn't get his extreme hitting power from isometrics.

Isometrics does in fact give you power & also Muscle control & also tensing relaxing/ Relaxing Tensing teaches you how to increase and release power.

300lb bench presser who just bench presses is indeed strong...

300lb bench presser who does internal martial arts & Tenaga Dalam & Proper Posture alignment/ Mind body connection is Deadly.

I didn't say not to use weights. I use Kettle bells (normal & also while circle walking), do Tenaga Dalam with my weight training and also with many variations of push ups, Squats (Sempok Dempok, Silos, Hindu Squats) with Tenaga,

I am all for external /Internal Internal External training. However You need both.

To say the guy that does Dynamic tension has no power....I gaurentee you Joe Shmoe body builder who just pressed 300lbs can not rip a coconut open with his bare hands yet 110lb silat rice eating, fasting, incense burning Silat master form Java could easily rip a coconut open with his bare hands.

Isometrics Works Especially well if you ad Breath & focus, Mantra/ Affirmation.

I have seen one of my teachers....76 year old Guru Pa Harold Koning of Mustika Kweetang Drop 200+ lb men with hits to their vital organs with only his THUMB.........

He uses only 5lb weight dumbells to do his exercises BUT with Chi Kung & Tenaga Dalam training. He has been training Silat since he was a Kid in Java & Surinam. He does things that are very much Like Farmer burns course & also like old Indian club exercises with the weights as he also does isometrics and low squats. He actually studied Kushti in Surinam as well. Anyhow point in case, the power he has not from lifting HEAVY weights at all..... but from Tenaga Dalam/ Chi Kung proper focus and resistance training with light weights & Isometrics.

He is solid as steel, faster than most young athletes I have seen , not afriad of anyone, and not a man I would like to fuck with if I had to.

One thing to keep in mind...mike tyson will be a potatoe when he is old his brain and internal organs are shit compared to real masters....

Lets not even bring KIMBO into the picture.

Darin have you ever been hit by a real Internal Martial artist?

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

One of my friends I often go to lunch with lifts weights a lot, so we sometimes talk about strength training and stuff, and I mentioned body weight training to him and gave him some stuff from Pavel and he was totally thrilled. He said that after reading his stuff a bit and then applying, his maximums went up immediately. He also does body weight training now in addition to weights. Interestingly he said that despite being pretty strong he wasn't able to do one leg squats at the beginning, and one armed push ups were very difficult as well...

...for bench pressing. :lol:

i'd love to see that same 110lb indonesian fuck with this guy

you are trying to mix up martial arts with strength, obviously if you lift and aren't trained to fight someone who knows vital points to hit is at a greater advantage but please, the guy in the above video could dismantle a 110lb guys face

Edited by mantis

i'd love to see that same 110lb indonesian fuck with this guy

I do not care how much you lift........

a mans Balls, penis, eyes, ears, CV1, GV 26, GB points, St 5, GB 20, Feet, internal organs, navel & ming meng, & Yin areas of the body are still weak for the most parts unless of course he does some form of Nei Gung or Tenaga Dalam training. If you know where to hit and how to hit and how to manipulate energy size does not matter. Also keep in mind most little indonesian masters carry blades. All of my teachers usually have on them on a daily basis 1 to 4 blades.

the 110 lb Indonesian Pendekar will probably have a 1" blade hiding somewhere that is possesed by Khodam or a Jinn & he has been dipping it into piss, fecal matter, frog & spider venom on for years so all he would do is Prick you once you either get paralyzed, get a severe infection or DIE....

Big strong man carry tree & benching 500lb wont even know WTF happened to him after a small prick in a vital area or into a major artery so even if he survives the Cut and the bleed out he will now have to deal with the poison........So what is his bench pressing strength going to do against that??? Mean While a nei Gung man can be poisoned and yet have a higher chance of survival.

As Pendekar Herman Suwanda used to say " Silat Means to CHEAT".

I have seen big guys that can fight and big guys that Can 't move or fight their way out of a paper bag. And I have seen big guys that do Internal training.

The ones that do the internal are by far the scariest.

Research Guru Cliff Stewart.

Edited by Vajrasattva

what does strength have anything to do with being stabbed by a knife dipped in urine? if death is what you are trying to achieve purchase a gun

what does strength have anything to do with being stabbed by a knife dipped in urine? if death is what you are trying to achieve purchase a gun

Mantis you are hopeless bro :) bring you bench pressings deadlifting pull up self over to my house to train with my silat guys and see what you can or can not do in terms of strength and survival. My training floor is open.

I have people BIG small and all sizes male or female so you have many energies to play with and see what is and what is not possible.

One of my guys is 215 solid athlete muscle College Football body builder x aikido, JKD, Kick Boxing...needless to say he tasted dirt many times in my class and is now doing Internal along with his External and is infinitely stronger, faster and more lethal now.

Peace

Santiago

Well you said 110lb indonesian guy would get destroyed by Strong man....So I gave you a taste of how Javanese think.....

Edited by Vajrasattva

Santi dont waste time--some people just are not open enough to learn new stuff they cant Comprehend.

Nice try though bro...

you are talking about killing or maiming someone while this topic is about strength. bill kazmaier was the STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD. can the 110 indonesian pick up stones off the ground that weight hundreds of pounds? no, he cannot and that's that.

i don't know why you took it in the direction of "who can kick who's ass" when obviously someone who trains to fight will be better at it than someone who doesn't.

no one ever said internal martial arts where not effective, but in terms of who is stronger there is simply no comparison. you said it yourself

300lb bench presser who does internal martial arts & Tenaga Dalam & Proper Posture alignment/ Mind body connection is Deadly.

you can substitute tenga dalam and the rest for just about any effective martial art

And for those of you who don't want to fly to Miami and pay Santiago to beat you up! haha. There's plenty of his videos on youtube. Thanks Santiago!

Darin have you ever been hit by a real Internal Martial artist?

Peace

Santiago

I am a "real Internal Martial artist".....

not getting huffy---well maybe alittle :P but exp will show you just try it--if not thats fine

then post a video of you hitting yourself LOL :D

the 110 lb Indonesian Pendekar will probably have a 1" blade hiding somewhere that is possesed by Khodam or a Jinn & he has been dipping it into piss, fecal matter, frog & spider venom on for years so all he would do is Prick you once you either get paralyzed, get a severe infection or DIE....

Lol Vaj ... thx for the tip! Never heard that one before.

NOTE TO SELF -. (if the indonesian next to you smells like shit and piss - prepare to die! ).

not getting huffy---well maybe alittle :P but exp will show you just try it--if not thats fine

then post a video of you hitting yourself LOL :D

Now now kids. I can't believe its another "my ... can kick your ...'s ass because my ... is far better because I said so."

The only part about this discussion worth caring about is when people put up actual information to support their view point, such as Santi discussing his training regimen or how Javanese crazy ass killers think? (no disrespect but yee gads man!!!)

Also like the links to isometrics.

Now I'm going to go move some kettlebells around and do my nice peaceful Taiji which makes me feel good, but doesn't especially prepare me to KILL people...oh well.

PS - I don't bench press anything, so don't ask me how much I bench. :rolleyes:

PPS - If I was in Miami I would STFU and go hang out W Santi to get some cool training.

PPPS - Ripping open coconuts with my bare hands would be more useful then benching 300lbs. Unless the coconut tree fell on my chest first...then benching would be useful.

why do threads always do this. always stray away into a stupid arguments. just from what i've experienced in the last few months. basic pushups have given me more actual strength than when I was lifting. Lifting did make my arms bigger, and increased my max. But to my mind that's not strength, strength is power, and not-weighted work has given me more power, and a solid build by far. just a little tidbit out of a little period of time.

Anyway, AWESOME site, thank you very much for sharing the resources you have. Isometrics is the way to go to develop solid strength, not bulky strength(at least for me). I'm glad to have that resource, once again, thank you very very much.

PPPS - Ripping open coconuts with my bare hands would be more useful then benching 300lbs. Unless the coconut tree fell on my chest first...then benching would be useful.

ROFLMAO!!! Just hilarious. HAHAHAHHA :lol:

The body is really a beautiful canvas; exercise, an abundant pallet.

One of my favorite things about this near and dear work of art of ours is that we can do so many things with it. Everyone can create and shape their own expression. Fast and wiry, big and strong, slow and fat, thin and weak.. our choices, our attitudes define our bodies, and our bodies reinforce those behaviors.

精能生神,神能驭精

"Jing births Shen, Shen drives Jing"

"Body gives birth to Consciousness, Consciousness controls the body"

An abundantly healthy body can properly house the spirit. Anything else we do with our bodies may as well be chalked up to artistic license.

PPS - If I was in Miami I would STFU and go hang out W Santi to get some cool training.

You are a good man VCraigP :)

Now on a side note I did the experiment where I did for a long while did kettle bells alone and dumb bells.... yeah I got muscle fast...But its not the same kind of POwer muscle you get from understanding dynamic tension.

then I did ONLY tenaga Dalam for 2 weeks I lost weight and muscles shrank BUT got more definition and was able to lift MORE when I went back to my kettle bells after 2 weeks of ONLY breathing and work on the Lower Dan tien.

I was able to over head press a 56lb kettle bell with ease in one hand many times with no problem. And hold as I walk up a stairs or walk a Circle etc.

I also found I was much more explosive in my martial arts training & much stronger over all...

But you know what DO not take my word for it go train yourself. experiment with only isometerics, with iso metrics as you lift etc, this is only a piece of tenaga dalam you would need to go see a teacher to really "GET IT". most will just get joint problems from conventional weights and will have zero clue about understanding proper structural, and tendon muscle alignment and control nor breathing awareness to build actual power....... I shouldn't even shed light in this stuff cause some people are just as Glenn & Dr. Porter used to call "filled with STUPID CHI". :)

Show us : )

Youtube is a great way to begin.

whats wrong with weights? you want true physical strength? go put hundreds of pounds on a squat, doing isometrics isn't going to give you "great power."

Just to bring the thread back to the point where it went astray...

mantis,

Nothing is wrong with weights. The original post didn't say anything was wrong with weights. If you have never tried isometrics, then why piss on something that many have found to be a valid training method?

Every training method, when engaged in with awareness and purpose is useful. If you haven't tried the method, then do a cycle and see how it affects you. I've done powerlifting, bodybuilding, crossfit, etc. and have found isometrics to be a valuable tool. for me.

If you do traditional weight workouts, then use isometrics / transformetrics for active recovery on your off days. If you cycle workouts, give it a 3 week cycle with joint mobility training to provide a recovery phase before your next power cycle. Mixing in chi work will make the recovery phase even more powerful.

I'd really like to hear your insights, pro and con, once you are speaking from experience.

Edited by jaloo

In response to my statement that "I am an internal martial artist..."

Show us : )

Youtube is a great way to begin.

I'm working on it. I have one video uploaded already in my journal area. No fights yet though... just a form so far. Do you have any fights on youtube yet? Thats going to be my next project. There is a site called "Bullshido" where they have throwdowns which are basically a safe UFC type fights. There is always someone to video tape the event with the intention of learning and improving. Its not a bunch of thugs. Bullshido has even talked about your school a little bit. Have you ever been to Bullshido?

In response to my statement that "I am an internal martial artist..."

I'm working on it. I have one video uploaded already in my journal area. No fights yet though... just a form so far. Do you have any fights on youtube yet? Thats going to be my next project. There is a site called "Bullshido" where they have throwdowns which are basically a safe UFC type fights. There is always someone to video tape the event with the intention of learning and improving. Its not a bunch of thugs. Bullshido has even talked about your school a little bit. Have you ever been to Bullshido?

I know this site however I am not on there. I went on briefly but cared not to stick around.

What exactly has been discussed about my school? And where?

I do not have any "Fights" on youtube.

I have used my art as a Body Guard for Raper Jay Z And other high profile clients and clubs in Miami. I teach students that Protect high Profile Sheiks in high Saudi Family and other clients. And I have other students that are in Security & Police L.E.O.

I am actually in the middle of becoming L.E.O myself.

My Sera Guru (Cliff Stewart) is known in the field as the body guard of Bodygaurds and creme of the crop in elite executive protection.

What we do is Internal & External and it has been battle tested many times.

I do not need to "Post" a fight. to know if what I do works. It has worked in my life many times already and it has keeped me safe from more than one attacker a few times.

Darin in all honesty and sincerity you are welcome to come train and hang out and play and see for yourself what I have and or do not have. I am always willing to share with folks if they are sincere.

You claimed you are "internal Martial artist". All I need to see is vid of you doing application to know if you know.

This is not a pissing contest I use my art to defend my family, friends & people that are willing to pay me good$ /per hour.

I am not interested in "ring" fights nor UFC stuff. That is not what I am trained for nor care to do.

My training floor is always open to those that want to really learn and see for themselves.

I recommend you come play @ http://www.thetaobums.com/Hoshin-Fest-2008-t6097.html

Hoshinfest this year and see what Internal MA is all about.

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

Or you can come and play up here in Detroit? Although.... in all honesty.... Miami sounds better. LOL You were a bodyguard for Jay-Z, thats pretty cool. Not to do the pissing contest thing :lol: but.... I was a bodyguard for General Staff Officers during the 1st Gulf War.

You want to see an applications video? Anyone can stage a good application video. Look at all the taiji masters making their students hop and jump all over the place in the push hands videos. Thats just pathetic.

BTW, Bullshido had good things to say about your school. Why are we debating? I like you and I like your school. Oh yeah, the 100lbs internal guy being a badass and killing coconuts. Have any videos? I bet there are some.

How old are you?

Or you can come and play up here in Detroit? Although.... in all honesty.... Miami sounds better. LOL You were a bodyguard for Jay-Z, thats pretty cool. Not to do the pissing contest thing :lol: but.... I was a bodyguard for General Staff Officers during the 1st Gulf War.

You want to see an applications video? Anyone can stage a good application video. Look at all the taiji masters making their students hop and jump all over the place in the push hands videos. Thats just pathetic.

BTW, Bullshido had good things to say about your school. Why are we debating? I like you and I like your school. Oh yeah, the 100lbs internal guy being a badass and killing coconuts. Have any videos? I bet there are some.

How old are you?

Debates are healthy : ) . War time vet eh? Not for me I prefer doing body gaurd work in Miami or Police work. I would only fight like that if I had to if it was on our soil and I needed to protect my family or "Hood". Miami would be a bad place for folks to fight...lots of folks carry heavy guns here and AK47, and other automatic goodies. Unfortunately it tends to be the "thug". A concealed weapon permit in MIA is needed. 2 of my students where in the gulf also in war time in the marines and military.

One of my Silat teachers saw war time as special forces in Panama.

I am 31 going on 32.

No there is ways to do application video that is not stage just have people attack you and you move. You do not have to kill you attackers but you can certainly show application this way in healthy manner.

Anyhow I have plenty of Silat videos up for you to see. I will see if I can put some vids of some of my Gurus...they all tend to get made when I show them......lots of "secrecy" in the silat world.

Miami is far better than detroit : ) weather/ women/ beaches.....hmmmmmm i do not think I would leave this place. : ) But yeah you are welcome to come hang & train.

When you have time show us your vids of what you do as "Internal" on video whether it be sparring, training application etc.

Peace

Santiago

Oh yeah, the 100lbs internal guy being a badass and killing coconuts. Have any videos? I bet there are some.

Here are some. Not from a guy Santiago talks about but just as good.