amacgregor

David Verdesi

Hi Yoda : ) Sorry i can be a pain in the ass :) I do not mean it in a bad way I just can not stomach people getting fooled and dooped out of $10,000 and have nothing or no skill to show afterwards and the chi of a mini squirt gun as opposed that of a fire hose! I have seen that in the Martial Art world, Music World & the Spiritual / Cultivation world. It gets old. I am sick an tired of masters holding back & also charging an arm and a legg for things that shouldn't be that expensive. I mean yeah make sure your teacher or Guru or guide is not starving and can pay his flying or lodging expenses but do not get rapped either. He or she should get compensated for their time appropriately but it should not be abused either.

Glenn was interesting to say the least very real but also VERY HUMAN. that was one of the best things about him for sure. He was very straight forward and if he liked you you always got more than what you bargained or paid for.

Glenn didn't run around charging $5000-$10,000

He charged for his time a standard relaxed fee most people & students could afford.

His whole thing was take once give back twice. In everything.

Its called "giri".

If David can sleep well at night with his High costs more power to him. I certainly wouldn't be able to. I have no issues making money but I do have issues abusing people financially. You could go to Indonesia or Malaysia and pay $1500 flight and then go with a sincere heart to meet some really sufi masters, or chi kung/nei gung masters or Ilmu Kebatinan masters who would show you more for A LOT LESS! Yeah If I had a million dollars I would gladly give to all my teachers to make sure they never needed anything cause the truth is the teachings are priceless but NEVER have my teachers charged an arm and a leg for things nor excluded me if i could not afford. They where truly reasonable and also flexible to the individual needs of the students.

The day you see me charging $10,000 per person to teach you how to fill your dan tien, you will know something is wrong with me :blink:

The only time I would charge you $10,000 is if you needed me as a body gaurd to save your ass from taking a bullet or getting attacked for 100 hours. :)

Peace

Santiago

Good on ya Brother keep shining your light :)

I will say this. I know there is a lot of interest in Wang Li Ping. Being as I live in China I do have some advantages when it comes to searching people out. If I manage to find any contact information regarding Wang or his students and teaching being offered, I will post it here. There will be no charge, no demand for $$$$. The rest will be up to you and your destiny.

Best,

Mike

I have a good friend who is a student of Wang Liping.

Wang Liping teaches every summer on Hainan Island.

It is a public workshop open to everyone.

It is the traditional Nei Dan Internal Alchemy Training and Qigong that he teaches.

A very large workbook is offered with diagrams, and instructions from the lectures.

I think it is in July or August this year; not sure as I forgot the recent conversation.

- Hainan Island Link -

I remember it being held in this Taoism area - theme park - but again, not 100% sure,

as we were just having tea and talking and he was showing me pictures of him and Wang Liping together,

and the workshop handbook with the lecture contents......

- Hainan Wenbi Mountain Daoism Park -

Address and phone of Wenbi Park:

联系地址:海南省定安县龙湖镇丁湖路口

联系电话:0898-66288075(海口) 0898-63733318(定安)

传真:0898-66288065(海口) 0898-63733263(定安)

Most likely you would be able to contact them to ask about any workshops to track down the teachings you seek.

There are many teachers of high level in Taoist Internal Alchemy and other traditions out there teaching small groups, and spreading their teachings in an open way for an affordable price and or a donation from the student.

I heard from my friend - a Taoist Priest - Wang Liping never asked him for any money for his lessons and workshop; but maybe this is because he is a monk and has almost no money.

I think prices for workshops and teachings should have some common ground, and not be abnormally high.

I know of one teacher who used to hold Alchemy workshops in China for small groups.

Generally his price was very affordable, and he even let students pay a lower price if they could not aford it.

In the end, it seems the teachings should matter first, and spreading the proper method of practice to the students - the money and tuition fee should not be the most important factor.

I think students should research many different teachers and options if possible, before choosing one to follow or make a large investment in.

It has been my experience that many of the real great teachers are not known in the public light, do not have books written about them, and just teach a small group of students whom they meet by chance naturally.

If you want to try a free method of Taoist practice that can help you to open the channels, and build the dantian, please click the link below.

- How to Practice -

Thanks brother I was actually thinking of you today when I went to my lake to do my Tenaga Batin training. I sent you some nice juice & a smile :)

For you the bodygaurd rate would be greatly reduced!

We will meet soon when possible. I am looking to cross the pond with in 6 to 8 months.

God bless you man,

Santiago

:lol:

Bless you my friend. I noticed a difference. I pray I never need a bodyguard, but I am honoured by your offer.

Best,

Mike

It is a puplic workshop open to everyone.

It is the traditional Nei Dan Internal Alchemy Training and Qigong that he teaches.

A very large workbook is offered with diagrams, and instructions from the lectures.

I think it is in July or August this year; not sure as I forgot the recent conversation.

- Hainan Island Link -

I remember it being held in this Taoism area - theme park - but again, not 100% sure,

as we were just having tea and talking and he was showing me pictures of him and Wang Liping together,

There are many teachers of high level in Taoist Internal Alchemy and other traditions out there teaching small groups, and spreading their teachings in an open way for an affordable price and or a donation from the student.

I heard from my friend - a Taoist Priest - Wang Liping never asked him for any money for his lessons and workshop; but maybe this is because he is a monk and has almost no money.

I think prices for workshops and teachings should have some common ground, and not be abnormally high.

I know of one teacher who used to hold Alchemy workshops in China for small groups.

Generally his price was very affordable, and he even let students pay a lower price if they could not aford it.

In the end, it seems the teachings should matter first, and spreading the proper method of practice to the students - the money and tuition fee should not be the most important factor.

I think students should research many different teachers and options if possible, before choosing one to follow or make a large investment in.

It has been my experience that many of the real great teachers are not known in the public light, do not have books written about them, and just teach a small group of students whom they meet by chance naturally.

If you want to try a free method of Taoist practice that can help you to open the channels, and build the dantian, please click the link below.

- How to Practice -

And bless you for sharing. :)

Santiago!! :) I like how you tell it!

Peace Brother

Looking forward to my DVD's

The Secret book you wrote is very good! I highly recommend it!

Santiago,

Can you tell me something about the DVD/book? I would love to read stuff written by you. Thanks man, it feels wonderful reading what you post.. :)

So if Wang Li Ping doesnt charge much at all if any, where does all the 10K go form all the students from David?

Not being rude but doesnt WLP and his other teachers get a cut of it, i hope so???

if what dao zhen says is true this is putting david shen verdesi in a pretty bad situation, if YOUR master charges very little or close to nothing to teach, why do YOU charge thousands?

:lol:

Bless you my friend. I noticed a difference. I pray I never need a bodyguard, but I am honoured by your offer.

Best,

Mike

And bless you for sharing. :)

You know in Silat the Wali is the best friend & the best protector. And there is no cost its from the heart.

Peace

Santiago

Anyhow I extend my warmth to you if you wish to play with energy once you have done your training i am always available.

God bless & I seriously do wish you the best on your path.

:)

Sincerely,

Santiago

Thank you man. You are a very warm person and if Im in your area(miami?) I will certainly give you a call :)

We've had a discussion about scanning peoples energy system here before. I am very against scanning people without their permission. And when I notice Im being scanned, I kick them out and have them play with a dummy instead.

But as a tool to see the developement of someone, yes its foolproof... almost ...we still must be aware of our subjective influence of what we see. There is allways more in the big picture that we dont see and our perception is limited to what level we are at.

The higher levels percieved by one person, can be just a part of lower levels to another.

You know in Silat the Wali is the best friend & the best protector. And there is no cost its from the heart.

Peace

Santiago

I look forward to our meeting.

:)

Lets not make any generalisations here regarding what Wang Li Ping does or does not charge. It is something we have very little information about, and non of it has been provided directly from the source-the man himself.

In my experience teachers will often vary their price according to their feelings towards the student. Some will pay more, some will pay less. Some will pay nothing-in money.

Does a handsome sum of coin go into the pocket of David Verdesi seems to be the issue here. Well, from direct experience I DO NOT KNOW. I THINK it is likely so. But thinking and knowing...they are not the same. Many other people seem to have the same impression. Nothing wrong with that. I would always seek ALL the facts before hanging someone personally. I've jumped to conclusions too many times in the past and placed my foot squarely in my mouth as a result.

Now, the only question THAT MATTERS, I think, ( ;) ), is whether it is worth it-TO YOU. People have haggled over prices most likely since the dawn of time, 'I'll give you this lovely piece of flint for that woolly mammoth tale'. Some will agree the price is worth it, some will not. Some will resent not being able to afford the price. Some will simply not be willing to pay. This has also been the case since the beginning of time. Wail and gnash your teeth all you want, it will not change this fact.

My own feelings on price differ from the standard economic model of pricing, what the market will bear, i.e. let supply and demand fix the price. I think this is what David Verdesi follows though. A group size maybe 10 people. You set the price to the point where you have your ten people. Same money you'd get for a hundred or more people, but significantly less effort and hassle.

Now, you can argue all day regarding how 'spiritual' that is, but in the end it will just come down to people shouting at each other with opinions. That is all they are. Opinion is fine but reality is where the rubber meets the road. There is something to think long and hard about.

There are other choices out there-for some. Life provides the options that it does. You don't like it, change it. It is often quite absurd to see the complaining that goes on-something I have been very guilty of, and very easily slip into-about how hard done by we are. Yeh, well that's 'horse shit' to quote my friend.

Every day I get to see people riding tricycles around the city. Many are collecting rubbish that people don't want, so they can sell it on. Others are pushing around 1000's of pounds in weight of goods, building materials, etc. They get the work because they are cheaper than a van when it comes to shifting stuff. As I sit here typing this I can hear one of these people calling out for business. Near the big western supermarket where most of the western goods are sold, there are elderly people who collect plastic bottles from passers by, so they can go on and sell them at the recycling centers.

In Indonesia and Thailand I saw people begging that had limbs missing, who were deformed from disease or some horrible misfortune. I've encountered Polio sufferers here begging in the main shopping streets. Begging is more difficult in China from my experience, as the police will 'move on' such people on sight.

So, if you are reading this from America or Europe, or a modern 'developed' country, well guess what? You won the jackpot when you were born. Start thinking about what you have instead of what you don't have and what you 'want', because I doubt anyone reading this here is really 'wanting' for very much at all.

It comes down to whether YOU think your glass is half full or half empty. Most likely its more than that. Give and you will receive. Funny thing that. Seems to work.

Best,

Mike

Now, you can argue all day regarding how 'spiritual' that is, but in the end it will just come down to people shouting at each other with opinions. That is all they are. Opinion is fine but reality is where the rubber meets the road. There is something to think long and hard about.

Yes! Too many people tend to think that there is "one true" opinion, and ofcource they are the ones that are close to it. But if we accept that there are differnt opinions, and everyone has their own opinion, their own perspective, then it all comes back to us; how do we take responsibility for our own life, way and perspective.

The rest of your post was great! Thank you.

Yes! Too many people tend to think that there is "one true" opinion, and ofcource they are the ones that are close to it. But if we accept that there are differnt opinions, and everyone has their own opinion, their own perspective, then it all comes back to us; how do we take responsibility for our own life, way and perspective.

The rest of your post was great! Thank you.

Thank you :) .

You are welcome and my pleasure :) .

Edited by mjjbecker

About the most discussed topic in this forum:

And quoting "Magic and Mystery in Tibet" by A. David-Neel:

What should our attitude towards miracles be?

The best way, Lama David-Neel suggests, 'is to be guided by the rather surprising opinion of the Tibetans themselves regarding miraculous events. None in Tibet deny that such events may take place, but no one regards them as miracles...Indeed, Tibetans do not recognize any supernatural agent. The so-called wonders, they think, are as natural as common daily events and depend on the clever handling of little-known laws and forces.'

Westerners are blind and when they see they become obsessed. :D

• Like 1

Lets not make any generalisations here regarding what Wang Li Ping does or does not charge. It is something we have very little information about, and non of it has been provided directly from the source-the man himself.

In my experience teachers will often vary their price according to their feelings towards the student. Some will pay more, some will pay less. Some will pay nothing-in money.

Does a handsome sum of coin go into the pocket of David Verdesi seems to be the issue here. Well, from direct experience I DO NOT KNOW. I THINK it is likely so. But thinking and knowing...they are not the same. Many other people seem to have the same impression. Nothing wrong with that. I would always seek ALL the facts before hanging someone personally. I've jumped to conclusions too many times in the past and placed my foot squarely in my mouth as a result.

Now, the only question THAT MATTERS, I think, ( ;) ), is whether it is worth it-TO YOU. People have haggled over prices most likely since the dawn of time, 'I'll give you this lovely piece of flint for that woolly mammoth tale'. Some will agree the price is worth it, some will not. Some will resent not being able to afford the price. Some will simply not be willing to pay. This has also been the case since the beginning of time. Wail and gnash your teeth all you want, it will not change this fact.

My own feelings on price differ from the standard economic model of pricing, what the market will bear, i.e. let supply and demand fix the price. I think this is what David Verdesi follows though. A group size maybe 10 people. You set the price to the point where you have your ten people. Same money you'd get for a hundred or more people, but significantly less effort and hassle.

There are other choices out there-for some. Life provides the options that it does. You don't like it, change it. It is often quite absurd to see the complaining that goes on-something I have been very guilty of, and very easily slip into-about how hard done by we are. Yeh, well that's 'horse shit' to quote my friend.

Every day I get to see people riding tricycles around the city. Many are collecting rubbish that people don't want, so they can sell it on. Others are pushing around 1000's of pounds in weight of goods, building materials, etc. They get the work because they are cheaper than a van when it comes to shifting stuff. As I sit here typing this I can hear one of these people calling out for business. Near the big western supermarket where most of the western goods are sold, there are elderly people who collect plastic bottles from passers by, so they can go on and sell them at the recycling centers.

In Indonesia and Thailand I saw people begging that had limbs missing, who were deformed from disease or some horrible misfortune. I've encountered Polio sufferers here begging in the main shopping streets. Begging is more difficult in China from my experience, as the police will 'move on' such people on sight.

So, if you are reading this from America or Europe, or a modern 'developed' country, well guess what? You won the jackpot when you were born. Start thinking about what you have instead of what you don't have and what you 'want', because I doubt anyone reading this here is really 'wanting' for very much at all.

It comes down to whether YOU think your glass is half full or half empty. Most likely its more than that. Give and you will receive. Funny thing that. Seems to work.

Best,

Mike

Insightful as always Mike. We are waiting you with anticipation my friend!!

Z

Santiago,

Can you tell me something about the DVD/book? I would love to read stuff written by you. Thanks man, it feels wonderful reading what you post.. :)

One is a DVD on Packing Chi in a specific way as taught in Bagua & other forms of nei Gung. It is a method of building chi pressure.

It deals with the MCO.

The book is esoteric principles behind tantric Hatha Yoga & various meditations.

Peace

Santiago

About the most discussed topic in this forum:

And quoting "Magic and Mystery in Tibet" by A. David-Neel:

What should our attitude towards miracles be?

The best way, Lama David-Neel suggests, 'is to be guided by the rather surprising opinion of the Tibetans themselves regarding miraculous events. None in Tibet deny that such events may take place, but no one regards them as miracles...Indeed, Tibetans do not recognize any supernatural agent. The so-called wonders, they think, are as natural as common daily events and depend on the clever handling of little-known laws and forces.'

Westerners are blind and when they see they become obsessed. :D

GREAT BOOK!

Good on ya Brother keep shining your light :)

Right on man some will come your way : )

Thank you man. You are a very warm person and if Im in your area(miami?) I will certainly give you a call :)

We've had a discussion about scanning peoples energy system here before. I am very against scanning people without their permission. And when I notice Im being scanned, I kick them out and have them play with a dummy instead.

But as a tool to see the developement of someone, yes its foolproof... almost ...we still must be aware of our subjective influence of what we see. There is allways more in the big picture that we dont see and our perception is limited to what level we are at.

The higher levels percieved by one person, can be just a part of lower levels to another.

I never invade privacy with out getting a search warrant from the divine 1st :) .

You do not need permission to see things that is like saying you need permission to look at a hot lady at a mall or whatever. However You do not nor should not invade spiritual privacy. Just like you wouldn't look up a woman's skirt in public with out her consent. To probe, investigate, diagnose etc requires morally a permission. The absolute knows everything, I seek my permission from both the absolute & from the higherself of the person I am working with. If it is granted its for the better if its not, its not meant to be. Move on.

In tantric practices its called a consecration & evocation to the absolute.

peace

Santiago

I never invade privacy with out getting a search warrant from the divine 1st :) .

You do not need permission to see things that is like saying you need permission to look at a hot lady at a mall or whatever. However You do not nor should not invade spiritual privacy. Just like you wouldn't look up a woman's skirt in public with out her consent. To probe, investigate, diagnose etc requires morally a permission. The absolute knows everything, I seek my permission from both the absolute & from the higherself of the person I am working with. If it is granted its for the better if its not, its not meant to be. Move on.

In tantric practices its called a consecration & evocation to the absolute.

peace

Santiago

I wouldnt invade privacy unless I was explicitly told so by divine trumpets and continuus fanfares blowing right into my ear.

I used to work as an energetic therapist dealing with these things everyday. Im in a healing period now because I did so many other things aswell and need to rest for a while. I lay off all inner viewing of other people energy centers and energy systems because I feel like Im watching them naked, like they stand before me without skin, without any secrets or protection. And I find it discusting to see these things without an invitation. Its almost like being a surgeon opening everyones guts while walking down the street. I only do these things in a therapy situation. Never as a party trick or for show.

I feel the same way when Im being watched. And I have many friends who have this ability, but not the respect for privacy. Too many people doing this kind of energetic work gets turned on by the information they can get from other people and scan everybody all over the place. By tuning in on everybody else they loose their own self-reflection, scatter them selves all over the place. And they believe that they see the truth of the other person while in reality the only see parts of themselves. We are so easily fooled by what we think is our great spiritual abilities. Been there done that ;)

But most people might amazed that these things are even possible. And to them it is fun and interesting, and maby mindblowing. To me its just messing around with things that are best left up to the divine.

It is a public workshop open to everyone.

- Hainan Island Link -

Address and phone of Wenbi Park:

联系地址:海南省定安县龙湖镇丁湖路口

联系电话:0898-66288075(海口) 0898-63733318(定安)

传真:0898-66288065(海口) 0898-63733263(定安)

Most likely you would be able to contact them to ask about any workshops to track down the teachings you seek.

- How to Practice -

Muchos gracias Jesse & mjjbecker for the 411!

The way of Heaven tends to find its way around obstacles to those it sincerely needs to reach..

The way of Heaven tends to find its way around obstacles to those it sincerely needs to reach..

Indeed the Celestial ones know best.

I wouldnt invade privacy unless I was explicitly told so by divine trumpets and continuus fanfares blowing right into my ear.

I used to work as an energetic therapist dealing with these things everyday. Im in a healing period now because I did so many other things aswell and need to rest for a while. I lay off all inner viewing of other people energy centers and energy systems because I feel like Im watching them naked, like they stand before me without skin, without any secrets or protection. And I find it discusting to see these things without an invitation. Its almost like being a surgeon opening everyones guts while walking down the street. I only do these things in a therapy situation. Never as a party trick or for show.

I feel the same way when Im being watched. And I have many friends who have this ability, but not the respect for privacy. Too many people doing this kind of energetic work gets turned on by the information they can get from other people and scan everybody all over the place. By tuning in on everybody else they loose their own self-reflection, scatter them selves all over the place. And they believe that they see the truth of the other person while in reality the only see parts of themselves. We are so easily fooled by what we think is our great spiritual abilities. Been there done that ;)

But most people might amazed that these things are even possible. And to them it is fun and interesting, and maby mindblowing. To me its just messing around with things that are best left up to the divine.

The universe/Almighty knows best.

We are just conduits. That is the real "master" or "guru" or "healer".

If you are close to your heart & your crown & Mother (earth) when you do any energy work you will be guided the right way with out effort. This is why I said before you can do & learn anything if you know how cause it all comes from the divine. If you are in tune with it & one with it, you are going with its flow or breath and not yours.

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

Santiago,

Being a very curious Taobum, I've got your book and some DVDs on the way. Looking forward to them.

Peace and best wishes.

Michael :)

when today?

Best,

Mike

This makes me sad. Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to focus on my studies to get a good job and help the poor rather than work on all this inner cultivation stuff.

I went to the shop up the street a while back to buy lunch and noticed a homeless man laying on the bench so i bought this guy some food and drink as well. I offered it to him and he thanked me he hasnt eaten in over a week and no one gave him any. Anyway i came home and my phone rang and i was offered a fulltime job which i still have to this day.

I say it was all a test and i passed this one and was rewarded with a fulltime job which at that time was only casual and was struggling to make ends meet!

All good comes to those with pure hearts!

WYG