exorcist_1699

Why Taoism is different

...who, by virtue of being male, doesn't know menstruation to begin with... just forget it.

Tell us about menstruation so that we may be relieved of our ignorance. If ignorance reduction in this matter do you care about.

Bet you don't.

Demonstrate otherwise.

Please.

Tell us about menstruation so that we may be relieved of our ignorance. If ignorance reduction in this matter do you care about.

Bet you don't.

Demonstrate otherwise.

Please.

Well, I don't have the power to relieve the ignorance of a couple thousand years' standing, all I can do is offer a fact here, a fact there... here's a few tidbits (there's plenty more where these come from, but I -- see the opening line of this particular paragraph):

the very word being used freely -- that's an accomplishment of feminist effort of the past few decades; for hundreds of years before that, it was unmentionable. Women weren't allowed to say it in any context -- they were supposed to have a "headache" or some such if they needed to make any reference to their period;

the Pope of Rome can't be a woman, according to the Catholic church's rules (and there's 1.3 BILLION catholics in the world, of which about half are women...) specifically because if a drop of menstrual blood were to accidentally fall on the seat of papal power, it would invalidate it and cause Christian faith to collapse -- I'm not kidding, it's in the book of rules;

In the East, they didn't allow women to ride on the second floor of the double-decker buses, because it was believed that a drop of menstrual blood that might fall on a man's head would take all his power away and give it back to the woman;

Australian aboriginals collect it in a special vial carried by the healer of the tribe and use as the medicine of utmost power for something serious -- it is not used for minor problems;

in witchcraft traditions throughout the world, menstrual blood is considered the most powerful alchemical substance on earth;

all Indo-European traditions designate a woman as "unclean" during this period, while all shamanic ones, as "sacred," "holy";

native women, and even modern Asian women, don't know what PMS is, and don't know that menopause is supposed to be accompanied by any unpleasant symptoms -- these are not part of natural menstruation nor of its cessation;

these are a few facts that you may or may not have known -- I didn't when I was 13, when I should have been told --

but instead I was taught a bunch of euphemisms -- "this thing" it was usually called in my language, every woman used to call it "this thing" to tell another woman about, well, this thing... and no one told anything to any MEN about this thing. So there's progress, now that I'm telling you, per your request. Should I go on? Weren't men conditioned to be disgusted by the very topic, let alone the phenomenon? (That's your "culture at war with nature" in a nutshell!) Weren't YOU?.. Care to think back to who, how, in what tone of voice, in what context, first educated you about "this thing?.."

Well not all but only some aboriginal tribes preformed various comestic sugeries on their willys.In regards to splitting the penis length ways for years antropologists believced it had something to do with vagina envy,but alas like with so many other observations in regard to aboriginal life they were hugely mistaken.It turns out that the men and only men of high learning i.e those individuals who had undergone rigourous intiation spilt the penis length ways to replicate a male kangaroos penis which is also spilt down the centre.The blood that issued force was used in what is termed increase ceremony were the dreaming ancestor of the kangaroo was encouraged to continue to supply or manifest kangaroos.

This procedure apart from being incredibly painful, also acted as a means of birth control and was often refered to as whistleing dick.

Taomeow you make your points very clear. I get what your saying. I conceptionalize and understand from what you wrote where your coming from. (notice i didn't say i understand from experience or any of that junk)

Many times people have to have reconditioned mind sets or understandings of things... I for one was not conditioned to see menstruation as disgusting. Nor do i think it is disgusting. I understand through what i was taught in Phsyical education classes on college level that because of menstruation women have to have so much more of many many different times of minerals and vitimans. So I can clearly understand how powerful this fluid can be.

But you didn't really talk about how to understand it. So males can have a better understanding... not saying they will understand it like a women. More over what the opinion of a women in sync with the moon is and what she has to say about menstruation.

Maybe you would be willing to share a little about it?

Seadog, I dunno -- I read a female researcher's account, you probably read a male researcher's interpretation, and quite possibly both are wrong or both are right, because aboriginal stories are usually multilayered and nonlinear, and besides, they don't believe in telling the same story the same way twice, they always, always change it. I can dig up a reference if you like, someone posted an interview with an aboriginal shaman at Empirical Taoism not long ago.

Edited by Taomeow

TaoMeow and Seadog, on the Aboriginal thing your both right.

The splitting of the penis to make it like a kangaroos was done in some central Australian initiations, but other tribes also used the opening of the perineum simulating the womans first blood. It stood out to the Elders that a Girl has a very obvious sign of transition into Womanhood where a Boy does not on his path into Manhood. Strong transitions are very important markers in any tribal society.

So they gave the boy the symbol as well in his Manhood initiation. Also One (or a few, but less) tribes continued the thorn piercing. Although I would be Very hesitant to say they were trying to understand female menstruation by copying it.

So many tribes, so many similar customs, and so many levels of meaning and practicality incorporated.

I've heard a number of Aboriginal Elders talk on these subjects over the years and have a few people who have been through these initiations.

Seth.

So many tribes, so many similar customs, and so many levels of meaning and practicality incorporated.

I've heard a number of Aboriginal Elders talk on these subjects over the years and have a few people who have been through these initiations.

Seth.

Yes much of this stuff is covered by Joseph Campbell and there are striking similarities of thought between him and Carl Jung i.e. Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious together with the narrative of the hero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Campbell

"The best blood is of the moon, monthly..."

Aleister Crowley, The Book of the Law.

The beneficial effects of the hormone melatonin have been part of the health supplement scene for some time, for high melatonin production is known to be synonymous with a high immune system, a low cancer risk, long life, energy, stamina, and according to many, enhanced spiritual awareness. Perhaps it is fitting then that this hormone is secreted by the pineal gland, a mysterious little item long believed by mystics to be the "Seat of the Soul," "Me Third Eye," and the organ through which psychic powers are exercised. In fact, it actually functions as an organ of sight in some reptiles, and it still seems to possess some sensitivity to light in higher mammals, since melatonin production increases when the person is exposed to darkness (thus melatonin means "night worker!")

Writes Laurence Gardner:

High melatonin production thereby increases the facility for receiving and transmitting high-frequency cosmic and local broadcasts, and leads to a greater state of cosmic awareness - a state simply of 'knowing.' In this regard, it is interesting to note that the
Pineal Third Eye
has been found to contain very fine granular particles, rather like the crystals in a wireless receiving set.

Many magical rites and meditation techniques are aimed at gaining control of this organ and the fluid it produces: the live melatonin. Rumor has it that the members of the supersecret society

Skull & Bones, to which both George Bush and his son belong, engage in a ceremony called "The Obscene Rite," which involves the consumption of the live pineal gland of a human or animal sacrifice in order to get the fresh secretions. Supplements bought over the counter are ineffective because, as Gardner explains,

"their inherent secretions are obtained from the desiccated glands of dead animals and they lack the truly important elements which only exist in live human glandular manufacture."

Aryan bloodline is alien to this planet... There are 13 bloodlines from this kind of stock all of them have a greater or lesser degree the capacity to play host to the shape changer reptiles.

But the Aryan overlords who ruled over mankind in ancient days had a simpler way of acquiring this fluid. Their ancestor-gods, the Anunnaki, had endocrine systems that produced large amounts of this and other beneficial substances, so they drank it straight from the source: the menstrual blood and vaginal fluids of the goddesses themselves. This they referred to lovingly as "Starfire" and drank in a ritual ceremony called the Black Mass, after which the Catholic Mass is said to have been modeled. Later, as direct contact with the Anunnaki ceased, the fluids were collected from sacred priestesses referred to as "Scarlet Women," or "Grail Maidens."

Readers will recognize the Scarlet Woman as the Whore of Revelations, as well as the title which Aleister Crowley gave to all of his sex magick partners.

"These sacred, royal princesses" writes
de Vere
, "virgins of High Birth and Pure Blood, at an optimum age would be chosen to act as feeding females," whose essences contained such valuable substances as, "oxytocin, prolactin, melatonin, seratonin, adenosyne triphosphate, dopamine, telomerase, and retinol."

There is another important ingredient in the mix here. De Vere explains,

"many think that only men have semen when in fact women also have it."

And so a Starfire ritual involves the use of a golden straw.

Stich a device would have been inserted into the virgin's urethra to the depth of about one inch, whilst the partner in the rite inserted his or her finger into the vagina and massaged the "roof of the mouth" or uppermost wall of the canal nearest the open or 'mouth' of the vagina, behind the pubic bone. After a few conducive moments perhaps, orgasm would occur and the fluid from the gland would discharge itself through the straw, either into the waiting mouth of the recipient, or onto a "grail platter" or dish held next to the vulva.

Keen readers will recognize this as identical to a sex magick ritual advocated by Aleister Crowley for members of his Order or Oriental Templars (OTO). The only difference is that his rite also involved the use of male semen which was called the "Red Tincture" or "coagulated blood," while the female fluids were called "Gluten" or "The White Tincture." Together they made "The Elixir of Life," and in alchemy blood and semen are the primae materia or first matter of the great work.

*"this is the true Key to Magick," writes
Crowley
. "That is, by the right use of this secret man may impose his Will on Nature herself."

Monatomic Gold: the substitute

According to de Vere and others, ingesting the fluids of mundane women has only a slight effect, certainly not enough to maintain a royal Dragon family in the manner to which they're accustomed. And after a few thousand years the genetic purity of their Grail maidens began to deteriorate, so the Starfire lost it's potency. This reportedly began around 1960 BC and is equated with the time that an edict was handed down to Noah by God demanding that the consumption of all blood cease immediately. (Gen. 9:4) Thus, a substitute had to be found, and so the alchemical process was created as a means of artificially creating the Elixir of Life, the Philosopher's Stone, also known as "potable gold." This is created using a black powder known as occultum, the universal solvent which has the power to transmute metals.

When placed against gold it converted it into a white powder which could be ingested. It is said to cause nothing less than immortality, as it sets off a self-correcting mechanism in your DNA that lasts for thousands of years. It also bestows the enhanced melatonin production and magical powers associated with Startfire, including clairvoyance, dimension-hopping and flying capabilities. It is believed that this "white gold" is the same as the "Shew-bread" and "Manna from Heaven" mentioned in the Old Testament.

Edited by Smile

why are all of your links "not found"?

OMG, the pages ascended!!! RIP, little pages, RIP...

btw, I fixed the links... :)

Some people are eager to study Taoism from an anthropological , psychological or physic point of view , although the studies are always interesting and full of insights , most of them miss to notice one thing that Taoism may be beyond the reach of these "trivial" sciences .

Besides, Taoism lays the foundation for TCM ( Traditional Chinese Medicne ) and acupuncture , a medical system that is used to cure ten millions of people's disease over thousands of years, which is also the only medical system in this world that counter to the western one , and , it grows together with all teachings and clinical results of TCM.

For example, some psychiatric diseases occur in Taoist qi gong practice can be cured by Chinese herbal medicine or acupuncture; conversely , most of the diseases can be cured by Taoist qi gong .Unable to sleep well is a illness TCM views as due to the failure of intercourse between water(life hides in abdoment) and fire( our spirit on top) , which, is also an important principle in Taoist cultivation.

In fact, the jing-qi-shen framework is not only a framework of Taoist cultivation , but also an important reference framework in TCM.

Edited by exorcist_1699

Once I met a lawyer who was working in the central desserts of Australia, he told me that some linguist had spent the last two years constructing a dictionary of a local dialect.The Lawyer had informed the elders that perhaps it wasn't in their best intrest to have the dictionary produced due to cultural reasons.The Elders informed the lawyer that it was ok because what they had told the lingusts was back to front and full of false meanings.

It still cracks me up to think that these linguist had spent all that time constructing a dictionary that was all wrong and the Elders had taken the time to bother with it.

Edited by seadog

That's a lot of speculation. I am interested in the idea of using "female semen", what is now known as the ejaculate from g-spot stimulation. There is a guide to using semen--The Sexual Teachings of the White Tigress. That manual also instructs how a woman uses her blood from her first penetration mixed with semen as an elixer.

I'd like to know if there is more pracitcal information about these traditions.

"The best blood is of the moon, monthly..."

Aleister Crowley, The Book of the Law.

The beneficial effects of the hormone melatonin have been part of the health supplement scene for some time, for high melatonin production is known to be synonymous with a high immune system, a low cancer risk, long life, energy, stamina, and according to many, enhanced spiritual awareness. Perhaps it is fitting then that this hormone is secreted by the pineal gland, a mysterious little item long believed by mystics to be the "Seat of the Soul," "Me Third Eye," and the organ through which psychic powers are exercised. In fact, it actually functions as an organ of sight in some reptiles, and it still seems to possess some sensitivity to light in higher mammals, since melatonin production increases when the person is exposed to darkness (thus melatonin means "night worker!")

Writes Laurence Gardner:

High melatonin production thereby increases the facility for receiving and transmitting high-frequency cosmic and local broadcasts, and leads to a greater state of cosmic awareness - a state simply of 'knowing.' In this regard, it is interesting to note that the
Pineal Third Eye
has been found to contain very fine granular particles, rather like the crystals in a wireless receiving set.

Many magical rites and meditation techniques are aimed at gaining control of this organ and the fluid it produces: the live melatonin. Rumor has it that the members of the supersecret society

Skull & Bones, to which both George Bush and his son belong, engage in a ceremony called "The Obscene Rite," which involves the consumption of the live pineal gland of a human or animal sacrifice in order to get the fresh secretions. Supplements bought over the counter are ineffective because, as Gardner explains,

"their inherent secretions are obtained from the desiccated glands of dead animals and they lack the truly important elements which only exist in live human glandular manufacture."

Aryan bloodline is alien to this planet... There are 13 bloodlines from this kind of stock all of them have a greater or lesser degree the capacity to play host to the shape changer reptiles.

But the Aryan overlords who ruled over mankind in ancient days had a simpler way of acquiring this fluid. Their ancestor-gods, the Anunnaki, had endocrine systems that produced large amounts of this and other beneficial substances, so they drank it straight from the source: the menstrual blood and vaginal fluids of the goddesses themselves. This they referred to lovingly as "Starfire" and drank in a ritual ceremony called the Black Mass, after which the Catholic Mass is said to have been modeled. Later, as direct contact with the Anunnaki ceased, the fluids were collected from sacred priestesses referred to as "Scarlet Women," or "Grail Maidens."

Readers will recognize the Scarlet Woman as the Whore of Revelations, as well as the title which Aleister Crowley gave to all of his sex magick partners.

"These sacred, royal princesses" writes
de Vere
, "virgins of High Birth and Pure Blood, at an optimum age would be chosen to act as feeding females," whose essences contained such valuable substances as, "oxytocin, prolactin, melatonin, seratonin, adenosyne triphosphate, dopamine, telomerase, and retinol."

There is another important ingredient in the mix here. De Vere explains,

"many think that only men have semen when in fact women also have it."

And so a Starfire ritual involves the use of a golden straw.

Stich a device would have been inserted into the virgin's urethra to the depth of about one inch, whilst the partner in the rite inserted his or her finger into the vagina and massaged the "roof of the mouth" or uppermost wall of the canal nearest the open or 'mouth' of the vagina, behind the pubic bone. After a few conducive moments perhaps, orgasm would occur and the fluid from the gland would discharge itself through the straw, either into the waiting mouth of the recipient, or onto a "grail platter" or dish held next to the vulva.

Keen readers will recognize this as identical to a sex magick ritual advocated by Aleister Crowley for members of his Order or Oriental Templars (OTO). The only difference is that his rite also involved the use of male semen which was called the "Red Tincture" or "coagulated blood," while the female fluids were called "Gluten" or "The White Tincture." Together they made "The Elixir of Life," and in alchemy blood and semen are the primae materia or first matter of the great work.

*"this is the true Key to Magick," writes
Crowley
. "That is, by the right use of this secret man may impose his Will on Nature herself."

Monatomic Gold: the substitute

According to de Vere and others, ingesting the fluids of mundane women has only a slight effect, certainly not enough to maintain a royal Dragon family in the manner to which they're accustomed. And after a few thousand years the genetic purity of their Grail maidens began to deteriorate, so the Starfire lost it's potency. This reportedly began around 1960 BC and is equated with the time that an edict was handed down to Noah by God demanding that the consumption of all blood cease immediately. (Gen. 9:4) Thus, a substitute had to be found, and so the alchemical process was created as a means of artificially creating the Elixir of Life, the Philosopher's Stone, also known as "potable gold." This is created using a black powder known as occultum, the universal solvent which has the power to transmute metals.

When placed against gold it converted it into a white powder which could be ingested. It is said to cause nothing less than immortality, as it sets off a self-correcting mechanism in your DNA that lasts for thousands of years. It also bestows the enhanced melatonin production and magical powers associated with Startfire, including clairvoyance, dimension-hopping and flying capabilities. It is believed that this "white gold" is the same as the "Shew-bread" and "Manna from Heaven" mentioned in the Old Testament.

Heya Smile -- Thanks for this. My mind was heading in this direction as I read this very interesting topic -- thanks to all who have contributed.

It is here, I believe, in this ancient alchemical formula that we find the root of congruency between Eastern and Western esoteric pursuits and is perhaps the deepest and most potent human urge.

That of course being 'the elixir of life' ... immortality.

In Gardner's book, "Lost Secrets of the Ancient Ark", he succinctly describes the legendary process of artificing the 'philosopher's stone', the 'golden elixir', "MFKZT", and he narrates how this ancient legend is the foundation stone of much of western mysticism (i.e. Hermeticism, Qabbalah, Judaism, Druidry, etc.). Whilst this alternative version of history serves well to dispell the popular misinformation of western organised religion, what frustrates the ardent seeker, however, is the lack of practical instruction for personal transformation.

In fact, throughout Gardner's intriguing account, which covers indepth the genealogical and cultural passage surrounding the 'elixir of life', only one small paragraph is devoted to how this alchemical formula can be relevant to individual cultivation.

To someone who has studied Taoist internal alchemy, Gardner's description of how 'starfire' is made rings clarion bells of portency.

The basic instruction to make Shem-ana is to take a base metal (notably gold) and purify it in a cauldron or crucible and then heat it to such a degree that it enters a 'high spin' state. Once in this state it becomes like a white powder that 'cannot be burned in fire', and this white gold powder is said to deliver heightened awareness and longevity/immortality to the imbiber.

Compare this to the equally named "Golden Elixir" or "Immortal Medicine":

Take the base elements of your life (jing, emotions and course thoughts) and purify them through specific disciplines and practices. Bring this purified essence into the "Sacred Kitchen" / "Elixir Field" / "Immortal Cauldron" / "Dan Tien" (interesting to those who are tuning in to this and are following my line that 'Dan' means 'the rich colour of blood' and Tien means 'elixir'). Through the process of 'cooking' (Qi is sometimes refered to the steam rising of cooking rice) or 'heating', sublimate this base element into the 'high vibrational state' of the "Sacred Immortal Medicine" through which heightened awarenesses and longevity/immortality are achieved. (Interesting also is the comparitive addage that pure Shen 'cannot be burned in fire or drowned in water'.)

In Hermeticism the Philosopher's Stone is supposed to turn lead into gold. How interesting is it that in Taoist instruction the process of creating the "Golden Elixir" is also literally described as transmuting lead (i.e. jing and one's courser elements) into gold (i.e. Shen ... lol how close is this to 'Shem' :blink: ).

To run with another topic of this thread is that, according to Gardner, we of the west lost the secret of making this "Golden Elixir" internally so we started to use external 'supplements'. Then even our knowledge of making the external Philosopher's Stone was lost. So this is when the high priests and kings of certain genealogical lines started to 'drink the blood of virgins', or more specifically, the menstrual blood of the harlots / scarlet women (i.e. virgin priestesses of Hathor).

So here may be the lost link in our western natural philosophy, mysticism and science that indeed opens the doors to the inner 'great work' of the alchemist. It also leads inquiry into the practical role our sexual secretions play in our quest for spiritual sublimity.

In my mind at least this is so.

Thanks for the stimulation ;)

Writes Laurence Gardner:

etc etc ......

Edited by Stigweard

...it really doesn't have much to do with the man or his technique.

Don't I know that. I've been with women that we're completely unimpressed and unresponsive - and women that were mind-blowingly orgasmic. If it was me or my technique, there would be no difference from one woman to the other.

I don't have a big enough ego to take credit for a woman's ability to enjoy sex. I just applaud when I get the opportunity to watch and participate. :)

Without the discovery of meridians and acupoints , hardly can we undersatnd the characrteristcis and behaviour of qi in our body ; incapable of discovering qi and its various other forms: jing and shen , and their delicate interactions , western spiritual cultivation is inevitably trapped in mysticism .

Edited by exorcist_1699

Without the discovery of a system composed of merdians and acupoints, it is impossible for us to undersatnd characrteristcis and behaviour of qi ;unable to discover qi and its various forms: jing and shen , and their delicate interactions , western spiritual cultivation is inevitably trapped in mysticism .

I humbly agree.

It seems that Daoism is able to create practical, operational knowledge more than Western Alchemy.

I am also dismayed by the facist / monarchy politics of Nicholas de Vere and those who proclaim the lineage of Jesus, and the assumption that magic and spiritual abilities are genetic. There is some insight into the contradictions of democracy, and they do oppose materialism, but they talk little of morality, compassion and healing. Instead they openly distain the masses.

The western world view has the trappings of western though: absolute truth, essentialism, and bias toward general concepts. Daoism, on the other hand, represents a more contextual view of knowledge, which is more relational, qualified, and contextual. Daoism sees inter-related dualities rather than sharp dichotomies about truth and good and evil. One kind of relationship valued in Daoism is that between concept and execution, theory and detail.

Nevertheless, maybe there is an openness to sharing in Western alchemy not as common in Taoism, for example, concerning exchange of physical sexual essences Asian cultures can be very rank oriented, whereas the West has lead the modern senes of individual freedom, even though some of its thought structures are authoritarian. I think Daoism is ultimately more compatible with science, despite the fact that science expanded first in the west. History is full of paradox.

Without the discovery of meridians and acupoints , hardly can we undersatnd the characrteristcis and behaviour of qi in our body ; incapable of discovering qi and its various other forms: jing and shen , and their delicate interactions , western spiritual cultivation is inevitably trapped in mysticism .

Tell me Jane who has not suffered in this life? I have read your posts and the pain that you exprienced.Through your own tenacity and integrity you found healing and balance in your life.You yourself have stated that it was up to you to find your way out of the darkness,that your healing was essentially up to you.

Tell me can one acheive wholeness if they do not forgive,if they continue to place blame,if they see themselves as a victim?

What about the young gazelle that is eaten alive by lions

What about the possoum that dies a slow death from tic bites

What about the child in west Africa who goes blind from a small worm that has burrowed into his head?

Are They victims?

Show me who or what that has not suffered in this life.

Are we victims only when we believe we are victims?

I make distinctions based on our humanity.

Every single example I used was a human being suffering unnecessarily at the hands of another.

To rebut your comment is to lapse into philosophy of some kind.

The young gazelle eaten by lions is the brutal reality of life. Lion and gazelle have little ability to switch roles or exit those roles and choose something else do to.

The possum that dies by tic bits is the same thing.

Is there anyone here who has not seen Battle at Kruger Park on youtube?

I had no problems with any of that scene. I saw no victims only potential food and life and death meted out by natural selection.

The problem with you *choosing to be a victim* bit is that gazelles do not choose to be food any more than a 6 year old girls chooses to be molested by her uncle. The gazelle's experience is the natural order of things. The demise of an animal to disease or predation is simply the Tao in action. Neither good nor bad just simply the way it is.

The 6 year old girl's experience is not the natural order of things. Although Chris Hansen's series TCAPedobear actually shows creepily how natural the urge seems to be to molest the vulnerable in men.

However unlike gazelles and lions we have codes of laws. Institutions. Philosophy, religion and morality.

More important than any of that is the fact that we have such developed frontal lobes. The frontal lobes or at least part of them perform a function most other creatures do not have access to.

They inhibit reflexes, impulses and urges.

Any animals instinct to smell your crotch is uncontrollably hardwired into their neurology.

Giving in to the urge to perform sexual contact with a minor is limbic system impulse that never gets properly aborted by the frontal lobes and the prefrontal cortex which gives us guilt, correlation, common sense, personal boundaries and space.

No childfucker is unaware that their action is essentially the quintessence of evil. They choose very deliberately to obey an animal impulse against all restraint and mental will power coming from the frontal lobes. They go against the current laws, social mores and norms, common decency and God to satisfy a sexual urge.

In that moment the glorious homo sapiens devolves into an animal.

That is when the molested girl becomes a victim.

When a female cat in estrus wails as she rolls around on the ground summoning every male cat in the vicinity she may end up impregnated. If so she was not a victim, she was in fact, asking for it.

But a child that is molested is never asking for it and does not deserve it and it is not the natural order of acceptable behavior in our society.

That child is a victim whether she wants to be or not. She is not a victim when she gets a common cold or chicken pox but she is definitely a victim when mommy starts beating her ass every day for making up stories about Uncle John's nocturnal activities because mommy just does not want to think about it.

Do you see the difference?

We make our own victims in life before the victim even knows the word *victim*.

They have no choice at all ever.

However there comes a time when they recognize their issues and at that point, when they gain awareness and a means to overcome it and self therapy. Then and only then can they choose to remain a victim by choice.

So if you had horrible shit happen to you as a child and you learn the dissolving method for getting rid of triggers but you do not use it and instead wail on and on about your unfair childhood, that is being a victim voluntarily.

Until they understand their victimhood and gain a means to overcome it, they remain victims not by choice.,

Daoism also went through a period of alchemy using metals, and used those in part metaphorically. I'm not sure if it was all metaphorical.

The basic instruction to make Shem-ana is to take a base metal (notably gold) and purify it in a cauldron or crucible and then heat it to such a degree that it enters a 'high spin' state. Once in this state it becomes like a white powder that 'cannot be burned in fire', and this white gold powder is said to deliver heightened awareness and longevity/immortality to the imbiber.

Compare this to the equally named "Golden Elixir" or "Immortal Medicine":

Take the base elements of your life (jing, emotions and course thoughts) and purify them through specific disciplines and practices. Bring this purified essence into the "Sacred Kitchen" / "Elixir Field" / "Immortal Cauldron" / "Dan Tien" (interesting to those who are tuning in to this and are following my line that 'Dan' means 'the rich colour of blood' and Tien means 'elixir'). Through the process of 'cooking' (Qi is sometimes refered to the steam rising of cooking rice) or 'heating', sublimate this base element into the 'high vibrational state' of the "Sacred Immortal Medicine" through which heightened awarenesses and longevity/immortality are achieved. (Interesting also is the comparitive addage that pure Shen 'cannot be burned in fire or drowned in water'.)

In Hermeticism the Philosopher's Stone is supposed to turn lead into gold. How interesting is it that in Taoist instruction the process of creating the "Golden Elixir" is also literally described as transmuting lead (i.e. jing and one's courser elements) into gold (i.e. Shen ... lol how close is this to 'Shem' :blink: ).

To run with another topic of this thread is that, according to Gardner, we of the west lost the secret of making this "Golden Elixir" internally so we started to use external 'supplements'. Then even our knowledge of making the external Philosopher's Stone was lost. So this is when the high priests and kings of certain genealogical lines started to 'drink the blood of virgins', or more specifically, the menstrual blood of the harlots / scarlet women (i.e. virgin priestesses of the god Hathor).

So here may be the lost link in our western natural philosophy, mysticism and science that indeed opens the doors to the inner 'great work' of the alchemist. It also leads inquiry into the practical role our sexual secretions play in our quest for spiritual sublimity.

In my mind at least this is so.

Thanks for the stimulation ;)

I agree with your argument. Sometimes people make (western) absolutist arguments without regard for context. Although i don't recall all of the preceding thread, in this post you distinguish those contexts of being a victim and chosing to be a victim when other options are available, I see alot of this "you create your own reality, it's a holographic universe" stuff being pushed by narcissists whose stance in the world is that everything revolves around their mind and they don't have the interest or energy to understand another point of view and practice compassion. My favorite example is the people who lecture others about being present in the Now while being oblivious to how annoyed i am with their overbearing, condescending attitude and cliches. Many ideas are true to a point, but we still have to use common sense and manners.

I make distinctions based on our humanity.

Every single example I used was a human being suffering unnecessarily at the hands of another.

To rebut your comment is to lapse into philosophy of some kind.

The young gazelle eaten by lions is the brutal reality of life. Lion and gazelle have little ability to switch roles or exit those roles and choose something else do to.

The possum that dies by tic bits is the same thing.

Is there anyone here who has not seen Battle at Kruger Park on youtube?

I had no problems with any of that scene. I saw no victims only potential food and life and death meted out by natural selection.

The problem with you *choosing to be a victim* bit is that gazelles do not choose to be food any more than a 6 year old girls chooses to be molested by her uncle. The gazelle's experience is the natural order of things. The demise of an animal to disease or predation is simply the Tao in action. Neither good nor bad just simply the way it is.

The 6 year old girl's experience is not the natural order of things. Although Chris Hansen's series TCAPedobear actually shows creepily how natural the urge seems to be to molest the vulnerable in men.

However unlike gazelles and lions we have codes of laws. Institutions. Philosophy, religion and morality.

More important than any of that is the fact that we have such developed frontal lobes. The frontal lobes or at least part of them perform a function most other creatures do not have access to.

They inhibit reflexes, impulses and urges.

Any animals instinct to smell your crotch is uncontrollably hardwired into their neurology.

Giving in to the urge to perform sexual contact with a minor is limbic system impulse that never gets properly aborted by the frontal lobes and the prefrontal cortex which gives us guilt, correlation, common sense, personal boundaries and space.

No childfucker is unaware that their action is essentially the quintessence of evil. They choose very deliberately to obey an animal impulse against all restraint and mental will power coming from the frontal lobes. They go against the current laws, social mores and norms, common decency and God to satisfy a sexual urge.

In that moment the glorious homo sapiens devolves into an animal.

That is when the molested girl becomes a victim.

When a female cat in estrus wails as she rolls around on the ground summoning every male cat in the vicinity she may end up impregnated. If so she was not a victim, she was in fact, asking for it.

But a child that is molested is never asking for it and does not deserve it and it is not the natural order of acceptable behavior in our society.

That child is a victim whether she wants to be or not. She is not a victim when she gets a common cold or chicken pox but she is definitely a victim when mommy starts beating her ass every day for making up stories about Uncle John's nocturnal activities because mommy just does not want to think about it.

Do you see the difference?

We make our own victims in life before the victim even knows the word *victim*.

They have no choice at all ever.

However there comes a time when they recognize their issues and at that point, when they gain awareness and a means to overcome it and self therapy. Then and only then can they choose to remain a victim by choice.

So if you had horrible shit happen to you as a child and you learn the dissolving method for getting rid of triggers but you do not use it and instead wail on and on about your unfair childhood, that is being a victim voluntarily.

Until they understand their victimhood and gain a means to overcome it, they remain victims not by choice.,

Lin,

You are 100% correct. In "Modern" Taoism there is more emphasis on the physical practice. However, traditional teachings tell us there has to be complete balance on spiritual and physical. You have to keep your physical body strong in order to house a good spirit. You have to cultivate your spirit otherwise your body will leak yuan qi and die.

Taoism spends a great deal of time on cultivating spirit. The ideas of ego, true self, reality and detachment from desires and mundane post heaven pleasure. I think in my opinion, there should be more taught on these key elements. I know that true initiates into Taoism by Taoist priests do have these teachings. I think we should open those teaching up more.

Great comments!

Tao Bless amd Amituofu

Wudangspirit

Amituofo ^_^

Jane thankyou for taking the time to write your post.Perhaps I'am wrong but suffering is suffering weather its by means of natural instinct or a disfunctioning frontal lobe.

It takes courage and strength to rise above the abuse and consolidate ourselves.

I know.

Peace and blessings to you :)