silent thunder

Dao Bums (here i am)

21 hours ago, Maddie said:

IMG20240106120054~2.jpg

Pssst !   You spilled some vegemite on your top .

7 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Pssst !   You spilled some vegemite on your top .

That was intentional snack for later. ;-)

Many thanks to those who have posted pics.  To some it may seem like a small thing but I think it's an act of courage; it's not always so easy to allow oneself to be seen.  I think the pictures make us more real to each other.  They foster connection and ever so slightly bridge the gap between the virtual and "real" worlds.  As for myself, I'm not quite ready.  Maybe someday.  It's odd that sharing a picture of my physical presence would seem so challenging when I've shared so many other details of my life here over the years.  I guess we're all different and I've got to honor where I am in the moment.  This thread will remain as an invitation for some future less neurotic version of myself to take the leap.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

Many thanks to those who have posted pics.  To some it may seem like a small thing but I think it's an act of courage; it's not always so easy to allow oneself to be seen.  I think the pictures make us more real to each other.  They foster connection and ever so slightly bridge the gap between the virtual and "real" worlds.  As for myself, I'm not quite ready.  Maybe someday.  It's odd that sharing a picture of my physical presence would seem so challenging when I've shared so many other details of my life here over the years.  I guess we're all different and I've got to honor where I am in the moment.  This thread will remain as an invitation for some future less neurotic version of myself to take the leap.  

I shot it in the bathroom mirror, which I should have cleaned beforehand.  ;)

If you shoot in a mirror, you can frame the shot and even possibly add lighting, as I did (with the room light).  Just remember to look at the camera!

• Like 1

Liminal Luke said -

It's odd that sharing a picture of my physical presence would seem so challenging when I've shared so many other details of my life here over the years.

I think is that precisely why?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

… I guess we're all different and I've got to honor where I am in the moment.  …

Definitely. :)

And I don’t really care what you look like; it’s actions that speak to me. E.g. I once deleted a post and you immediately offered to remove your quote of it. I appreciated that a lot (some don’t even remove the quote, even when I ask them to). So I think you are a very kind person. :wub:

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@liminal_luke any picture can apply... it's for expressions and sharing (i am).

moods, secret loves, memories, aspects of self as resonated through environment, fantasy...

anything that speaks to you you feel like sharing

visual poetry with an (i am) theme

• Like 2

I'm happy to see the bums' faces, but my own real life pic has already been my avatar here for such a long forever that I don't look like that anymore.  All the trouble I've seen over these long years has turned my hair completely ash blonde.   

• Like 4

15 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

It's totally ok if you feel that way. I'm just a shameless attention whore. We all have our gifts :-) lol

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Brother Luke just draw down the hood of your magenta cassock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Oh what the hey....

jesse.jpg

impressive calendars 

• Thanks 1