silent thunder

Dao Bums (here i am)

19 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Many thanks to those who have posted pics.  To some it may seem like a small thing but I think it's an act of courage; it's not always so easy to allow oneself to be seen.  I think the pictures make us more real to each other.  They foster connection and ever so slightly bridge the gap between the virtual and "real" worlds.  As for myself, I'm not quite ready.  Maybe someday.  It's odd that sharing a picture of my physical presence would seem so challenging when I've shared so many other details of my life here over the years.  I guess we're all different and I've got to honor where I am in the moment.  This thread will remain as an invitation for some future less neurotic version of myself to take the leap.  

I dont think its odd .  You can say whatever you like  because we dont know who you are .

Put your picture up and when you walk down the street people be   snickering behind your back:    "  There goes that liminal_luke guy .... did you know he spends  all his money buying his cat wine ? "  " No, But I heard he keeps a preserved marmoset  penis in a jar of pickles!"

( Well, you know how gossip 'evolves'  ) 

image.png.411df4639f8535d7aeb4a0aa3b492ef4.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

He's big enough to carry me now.

20240222_120838.jpg.aefb01fe14afcaff662b698a6d3e4f74.jpg

omg, is that your son? he is soooo cute!

29 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

@liminal_luke your face exudes the kindness i read in your posts!

:wub: *hug*

I totally agree! :-)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Apech said:

What did you say?

Curiosity killed the cat. :P
I said, impressive   ignored calendars. lol, there’s nothing ticked off, is there? :lol: 

I hope now you all know that all my deleted posts are totally boring and can be forgotten about. B)

Edited by Cobie

1 minute ago, Cobie said:

CD is referring to me. 

you love to delete - she person :)

3 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Curiosity killed the cat. :P
I said, “ignored calendars”. lol, there’s nothing ticked off, is there?

I hope now you know that all my deleted posts are totally boring and can be forget about. B)

Ah I see

4 minutes ago, Apech said:

I hope @liminal_luke will tell us what a spirit calendar is !

Monday - haunt

Tuesday - more haunting

Wednesday - scare an old lady by going brrrrrr

Thursday - extra haunting

Friday - open doors in a creaky way

Saturday - spooky night out

Sunday - hang around graveyard wearing white sheet

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Apech said:

He looks very high spirited in his picture. :)  So clearly he monitors his spirit levels. :P

Edited by Cobie
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

He is a she.:D

Oh I didn't realize that.... opps sorry Cobie 

1 minute ago, Apech said:

:D

Not as spooky as it sounds I'm afraid.  I've always been a person with multiple goals and I can be a bit, um, obsessive about keeping track of my progress (or lack thereof).  Some months back, I decided that I might be more motivated if I hung huge calendars with everything I want to accomplish on my bedroom walls.  A spirit calendar is a calendar dedicated to the tracking of my spiritual practices.  I also put up a calendar to track writing exercises I was doing, dietary goals, workouts...etc.  In hindsight, the project seems a bit more "group home resident" than "wandering taoist master" but hey, it was fun.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Apech said:

you love to delete … 

And I expect people to have the courtesy to not quote what already had been deleted.

Edited by Cobie

2 minutes ago, Cobie said:

And I expect people to have the courtesy to not to quote what already has been deleted.

oh sorry for quoting your "." 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

… hey, it was fun.  

Exactly, that’s what I thought. So I deleted my post as irrelevant. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Exactly, that’s what I thought. So I deleted my post as irrelevant. 

sorry for asking I was just intrigued ….

You know I’ve been on here since 2007 and I don’t think people here were ever as nice as they are now.   It’s quite a lovely atmosphere sometimes.  I know there are still spats occasionally but nothing compared to the old days.  Perhaps we had to go through all that to get here but which ever way it’s quite an achievement I think.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Apech said:

sorry for asking I was just intrigued ….

The asking was perfectly alright by me.
What I do not like is the quoting of a post that already was deleted.

23 hours ago, steve said:

Posted 22 hours ago

23 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Many thanks to those who have posted pics.  To some it may seem like a small thing but I think it's an act of courage; it's not always so easy to allow oneself to be seen.  I think the pictures make us more real to each other.  They foster connection and ever so slightly bridge the gap between the virtual and "real" worlds.  As for myself, I'm not quite ready.  Maybe someday.  It's odd that sharing a picture of my physical presence would seem so challenging when I've shared so many other details of my life here over the years.  I guess we're all different and I've got to honor where I am in the moment.  This thread will remain as an invitation for some future less neurotic version of myself to take the leap.  

22 hours ago, Mark Foote said:

It's odd that sharing a picture of my physical presence would seem so challenging when I've shared so many other details of my life here

I think is that precisely why?

Steve, buddy--you have misattributed the quote to me.  You will have to ask liminal_luke,  although I don't know if he's really willing to go there right now.

p.s.--I see where he went there, yay Liminal!

Edited by Mark Foote

1 minute ago, Cobie said:

The asking was perfectly alright by me.
What I do not like is the quoting of a post that already was deleted.

do you delete because you think your thoughts are not worth posting?  Cos I think this place thrives on everyone sharing their ideas freely.