15 hours ago, Nungali said:

Hide contents

... still not speaking to you 

:rolleyes:

Nope lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

nice to see some of you here,

time to show you I am not a snake after all.

65da07e55c09b_janneke4.thumb.jpg.25daa6a34db28a69bfbd697354cd77ba.jpg

Not snakelike at all.  From some of your previous posts, I gather that you don't place much faith in therapy, but the directness of your presence combined with the coziness of the setting -- comfortable chair, hot beverage, tissues, woodstove -- makes me want to come over and tell you all my problems.  Count yourself lucky we're living on far away continents.  :)

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@Gerard Nice bum...  er...  daobum.

"From all the trouble, my hair turned ash blonde" was a joke. 

This is California.  Between the beach and the bleach, it's common for people's hair to undergo this kind of transformation.    

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

On 2/24/2024 at 3:52 AM, Apech said:

0517FD0F-9546-4274-8562-495A396D00AC.thumb.jpeg.722f2c513479d0572a9238d92aad9907.jpeg

touching base

I have been meaning to ask .... tell me about this site  ^  ?

Is it modern , a reconstruction ?    Or ...

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

nice to see some of you here,

time to show you I am not a snake after all.

65da07e55c09b_janneke4.thumb.jpg.25daa6a34db28a69bfbd697354cd77ba.jpg

and no blue eyes either .

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Not snakelike at all.  From some of your previous posts, I gather that you don't place much faith in therapy, but the directness of your presence combined with the coziness of the setting -- comfortable chair, hot beverage, tissues, woodstove -- makes me want to come over and tell you all my problems.  Count yourself lucky we're living on far away continents.  :)

Ahhh so thats it !   Thanks Luke ! 

I often get 'beset' by  such 'council seekers '  ,  a few times ; 

"Hello ? "

" I am busy , wait on the verandah ."

Finish off with  the current   'seeker'  ;   " Next !  " 

- Time for some interior deco changes !

- covers lounge with  spiky stuff,  makes a pot of weak cold tea ,  put the fire out, open windows and provides a box of  sandpaper sheets .

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Taomeow said:

@Gerard Nice bum...  er...  daobum.

"From all the trouble, my hair turned ash blonde" was a joke. 

This is California.  Between the beach and the bleach, it's common for people's hair to undergo this kind of transformation.    

Oh ?  I thought it was a language 'thing'  ?

'ash blonde '  ;   Californian 

'going grey ' ;  everywhere else .

24 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Ahhh so thats it !   Thanks Luke ! 

I often get 'beset' by  such 'council seekers '  ,  a few times ; 

"Hello ? "

" I am busy , wait on the verandah ."

Finish off with  the current   'seeker'  ;   " Next !  " 

- Time for some interior deco changes !

- covers lounge with  spiky stuff,  makes a pot of weak cold tea ,  put the fire out, open windows and provides a box of  sandpaper sheets .

Not to worry --  I won't come knocking on your door seeking counsel.  Which is not to say you don't have talents that would come in handy in an emergency.  In fact,  I can imagine ringing you up for assistance in all sorts of scary situations.  Who ya gonna call?  Nungali.

Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters (Official Video) (youtube.com)

Edited by liminal_luke

44 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I have been meaning to ask .... tell me about this site  ^  ?

Is it modern , a reconstruction ?    Or ...

its called almendres near evora in Portugal dated to between 6th and 4 th millennia BC  - very impressive and large stone circle

google almendres cromlech on wiki

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Not to worry --  I won't come knocking on your door seeking counsel.  Which is not to say you don't have talents that would come in handy in an emergency.  I can imagine ringing you up for assistance in all sorts of scary situations.  Who ya gonna call?  Nungali.

Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters (Official Video) (youtube.com)

I consider it is NOT my excess of 'talents' but rather a certain lack of them elsewhere .

Its part of my syndrome .... I explained it to a friend the other day ; he was standing on top of stairs facing backwards  (and he is an aware person ) ...

Me: " Its like , I say , 'Dont step backwards , there are stairs going downwards behind you . '  YOU might laugh and say ' Well,  dhurrrr ! "  While some others might say " Wow, thats amazing ! Are you psychic or something ? '

I swear , and I am not the only one that thinks so ..... my locality seems to have some sort of  whirlpool of 'dumbness' with some swirling around caught in the middle , going round and round the same circuit over and over again , with others   looking into it and yelling ; " Swim to the side ....  the side !  " 

I mean  -  godammit !   During a meeting about roadworks once I was trying to explain why their plan would not work , I was greeted by dumb uncomprehending  looks . I had to go to  a nearby blackboard , and do some simple diagrams  and a an explanation of how water runs downhill !  

Then again , the local council seems to suffer the same  ; down the road at 'Mudbilly'  homestead   ( a dark hollow ) they continually make a laarge roadside drain , that runs very well alongside the road , goes off into the undergrowth  and then ... uphill  .  :wacko:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Oh ?  I thought it was a language 'thing'  ?

'ash blonde '  ;   Californian 

'going grey ' ;  everywhere else .

I think it might be "Australia" rather than "everywhere else," but what do I know.  

Amazon.com : Naturigin Extreme Ash Blonde Hair Dye 11.2 - Permanent Hair  Color with 100% Gray Coverage - Organic Ingredients, Argan Oil - Ammonia  Free Hair Color for Women, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Long

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I think it might be "Australia" rather than "everywhere else," but what do I know.  

Amazon.com : Naturigin Extreme Ash Blonde Hair Dye 11.2 - Permanent Hair  Color with 100% Gray Coverage - Organic Ingredients, Argan Oil - Ammonia  Free Hair Color for Women, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Long

I've been thinking about going blonde lately.

IMG20240224201922~2.jpg

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

admitting to people coming to me with their troubles,

not anymore though, so you would have been too late anyway.

• Like 2

It's really amazingly magickal this place to me.

Rather than meet in person and share tea and conversation the old fashioned way...

We meet here and coalesce at the Dao Bums Lounge. 

We just each provide our own teaand sundry but our presence is shared and the connections are authentic.

We share here, in a slightly more virtual but no less effective manner of a digital gathering place.

Though when occasion presents, I do love to meet Bums in the flesh to share a hug and analog conversation when possible.

I've been marked, triggered, awakened, softened, inspired, awed and blessedly engaged in authentic connection here more times than in most other settings I frequent. 

A true blessing and a treasured shared home space this seems to me.

:wub:

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Pros: why not give it a try.  Strangely enough, you look a lot like my niece, and she's a natural blonde.  Once when she was young enough to do something like this she dyed her hair for a Halloween image of a witch with what was sold as temporary for-gigs black hair dye.  It was supposed to wash out with a simple shampoo.  It didn't wash out, it proved quite permanent, so she was stuck with the results for weeks.  From black to brown to a lighter brown, her hair took a while to gradually revert to blond, so everybody had a chance to observe which shade suits her best.  The verdict: blond.    

Cons: why add hassle to one's life.  There will be plenty of time for that later when there's greys to hide.  (Or not hide -- but then, grey hair is a commitment to a certain attitude in itself... external/yang features are not irrelevant for how one feels inside their yin hiding place.)  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A few years back my mom got breast cancer, received chemo, and began to wear a wig.  It wasn't comfortable.  On one occasion she found herself in a group composed entirely of wigged chemo recipients, so she made a sensible but uncommon choice: she took off her wig.  My mom has never been a fashion trendsetter but her action that day sparked a small revolution.  It wasn't long before everybody in that room went wigless.  I don't know what happened next but I suspect the mood lightened.  I suspect laughter rang out.  

Most of us are not receiving cancer treatment, but almost all of us, at least on occasion, wear metaphorical wigs.  To me, this thread is an invitation to take them off.  It feels better than I thought it would.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

For me, it's a bit about a belief many tribal people used to share -- every photo takes away some of one's soul.  An indirect confirmation that there's something to it I see in the tragic or at least controversial predicament of many (oh so many) celebrities for whom having their images on public display is part of their job description -- actors/actresses, rock stars, politicians, etc..  Many of those who had "everything" an "ordinary person" might dream of -- fame and fortune and even love of millions -- wound up dying young, screwing up their lives with all kinds of toxic excesses, getting publicly eviscerated over this or that, or becoming grotesque caricatures of their own earlier selves.  Does it have something to do with their incessant picture-posing?  I don't know, but I definitely feel a certain truth to that.

Would you believe that I only took one selfie in my entire life so far?  And even that, by accident -- I was aiming for something else and snapped a pic of my reflection in the mirror instead, in a winery.  I liked the accidental composition -- it looked sort of like a painting on the wall, so I kept it.

37129423_1751133368302640_1166636121161990144_n.thumb.jpg.4c99ace8291cbe61ad707c403ea05b95.jpg

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

For me, it's a bit about a belief many tribal people used to share -- every photo takes away some of one's soul. 

Then my soul is gone #attentionwhore :lol:

Edited by Maddie
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Maddie said:

well, that's entirely up to you but to me you look nice as you are  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was an actor throughout my teens 20's and early 30's.  My wife and I participated in myriad stage productions, but toward the end for both of us it tended toward film and tv.  When it got to the point where we were getting big and the agents were pushing in (she was simultaneously up for two principle roles with Woody Allen and FF Coppola which she declined), we both had a potent realization and walked away from performing at that point without a backward glance and pursued another passion that wouldn't involve giving up anonimity in public or force either of us to be known to a wide group of strangers.

Far more impacting than any of the reactions to images, videos or photos shared of me were the interactions and the loss of privacy I began having on the street with perfect strangers who approached me with intensity and passion regarding a performance they had seen and wanting to express and explore the connection we shared through their experience.

Due to the impact of some performances, people felt they knew me on a level and had a personal connection to me so they would freely reach out, touch, hug and expect a level of intimacy that with some of them (and given my intense empathic nature) was horrifying and incredibly invasive for me.  While many of the interactions were pleasant and joyful... I soon realized that given my nature, I would be ostricized from my own life by a certain level of not being able to remain unnoticed.

anonimity is blissful freedom.

and the authentic connections here act as fuel for the furnace of cultivation, not a detraction.

I adore seeing all your faces and the images you choose to share to represent your mood or some facet of your character!

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

For me, it's a bit about a belief many tribal people used to share -- every photo takes away some of one's soul. 

I hold this to be the highest task of a bond between two people: that each should stand guard over the solitude of the other.

--- Rainer Maria Rilke

Awhile back I took an online course with Robert Peng on the Yi Jin Jing.  One of the movements I learned was meant to tonify the heart protector meridian.  Robert taught me about the importance of letting people in to my heart -- and keeping them out.  The point of the heart protector meridian, interpersonally speaking, is to develop discernment.  Metaphorically, the heart is the emperor and not everybody gets to touch the emperor.  There's virtue in being vulnerable and virtue in declining to be vulnerable, depending.

Publically share a face picture and some people will feel entitled to comment on one's features, and not always kindly.  Even the most minor of celebrities, even cats, sometimes find themselves subject to this kind of parsing.  Does the soul recoil?  I think maybe.  Sometimes.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2