The Biggest Nobody

Jing Replenishment: The Rooted Path Revelation

15 hours ago, Jenn said:

2) you called yourself a master.  You might not know this, but generally speaking, someone is a master only when they are recognized as a master by others; it is not something one can decide to be.  You might get better responses on the forum if you participate without claiming any particular status. 

There is an easy way, change the username.    I suppose Solo Cultivator can change it to "Master Solo",  it just sounds great and would be satisfying to him, without the need to write a theory at all.

*** @blue eyed snake

Going back to grounding/earthing, I am also somewhat surprised that there are 2 separate promoting threads about grounding in a short time.   Solo's claim of originality doesn't stand as I have read a translated version of a book about grounding many years ago.  I do believe it, but it seems to me a remedy for contemporary persons living in temperate regions only. i.e. a very narrow application.

In old days in China, not everyone had shoes, or proper shoes.  People tended to be bare feet and sat on the ground a lot.  In southern China, farmers had to be bare feet to work in paddy fields. In south east Asia even today, people are quite used to being bare feet.  Everyone wearing rubber sole shoes started from only a few decades ago.  I suppose India and Thailand are also hot and damp that either bare feet or a simple sandal will do.  Australians too.

With this frequent "grounding", whatever associated Chi phenomenon would have been long discovered.  On the contrary, there are warnings of not sitting on the ground or bare feet due to the dampness from the earth which could give rise to a lot of health issues like pain in later stage in life.

I think a person in US which has a temperate climate, wear shoes even inside house, living in multi-storey buildings, drive a lot, would need some "grounding".   This is not a wide enough scope for developing a enshrined "Path", irrespective of Solo's manner in writing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Master Logray said:

*** @blue eyed snake

Going back to grounding/earthing, I am also somewhat surprised that there are 2 separate promoting threads about grounding in a short time.   Solo's claim of originality doesn't stand as I have read a translated version of a book about grounding many years ago.  I do believe it, but it seems to me a remedy for contemporary persons living in temperate regions only. i.e. a very narrow application.

agree, but for people who grow up in cities, always wear shoes ( and smothering plastic clothing) it is decidedly useful.  Not only for the connection with mother earth though, also for the simple act of being outside, without a phone.

just feeling rain or sun or cool wind on your skin, becoming aware of the ever slightly changing outside.

Being outside is the natural state and for many people it has become the exception. Current modern society is very heady,  people live in their headspace instead of in their bodies. Although I am just the most humble beginner, me thinks that that state of being a city person sets one back many miles compared to people who are connected with the outside, who know how to swing an ax, stoke a fire, catch a fish et cetera.

In old days in China, not everyone had shoes, or proper shoes.  People tended to be bare feet and sat on the ground a lot.  In southern China, farmers had to be bare feet to work in paddy fields. In south east Asia even today, people are quite used to being bare feet.  Everyone wearing rubber sole shoes started from only a few decades ago.  I suppose India and Thailand are also hot and damp that either bare feet or a simple sandal will do.  Australians too.

i guess it's wearing rubber soles that make a difference, i think in the countries you talk about people wear shoewear made of wood leather and woven stuff when it was too cold? Were I live people wore wooden footwear in winter, with thick woolen knitted socks

to keep feet warm in winter I wear sheepskin bootee shaped slippers, i can feel the difference compared to slippers with rubber soles.

With this frequent "grounding", whatever associated Chi phenomenon would have been long discovered.  On the contrary, there are warnings of not sitting on the ground or bare feet due to the dampness from the earth which could give rise to a lot of health issues like pain in later stage in life.

hm... when you never experience that the  body can be disconnected from the earth one will maybe not talk or write about it. Although the chines guy that's my teacher was very clear about the connection and its importance.

But have no idea about the old books as I am not a person with booklearning.

But i think in general the Yong Quan point is regarded as important, being  a connection to the earth.

Keeping warm is very important, but nowadays people will sit on a plastic 'yogamat' instead of some natural product like wool/leather/ woven stuff.

I think a person in US which has a temperate climate, wear shoes even inside house, living in multi-storey buildings, drive a lot, would need some "grounding".   This is not a wide enough scope for developing a enshrined "Path", irrespective of Solo's manner in writing.

agree

• Like 3

Earth is the most important factor that keeps us alive and gives us birth in the first place. Notes of isolation from the Planet by rubber soles for the sake of cultivation, etc.. are ridiculous (dumb).

If anything, connection with the Earth is highly beneficial, and while humans may need to walk barefoot to reap those benefits, practitioners develop a powerful energetical connection with the Planet via core channels.

It can further be divided between the flesh of god and the spirit of god, with earthing being a connection to the body of the Planet; there is also a connection to the mind of the Planet.

The benefits of the second connection far outweigh the first and are less known in public.

• Like 1

On 27.01.2024 at 3:08 AM, Solo Cultivator said:

Praise to the orthodox and pitchforks to the unorthodox?? This cold treatment is really unfair

You are neither of the two. Roleplaying/larping does not count as belonging to a certain tradition or path.

You will have to eventually realize that in few years, overcome immense Ego, find yourself a teacher, because there is not a single book in public outlining proper training process.

Train 6-10 years daily, develop at least some skills and abilities, then come back.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 12:23 AM, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

See you next week!

It's a new week and I am back! You was right!

On 1/27/2024 at 4:19 AM, blue eyed snake said:

(oh, and I am a very private person,

I generally only exchange personal messages with those I perceive as friends so you can regard this as an answer.)

You are a "private person" yet you responded publicly to my private dms when I messaged you. Which if you have emotional intelligence, you'd know I was not my best self in the dms.
I had rather you had ghosted me instead of publicly responding to me from a private dm.
It should have been kept private in the dms or you should have just ghosted me.
The hypocrisy is unreal.

Edited by Solo Cultivator

On 1/27/2024 at 9:10 AM, Master Logray said:

There is an easy way, change the username.    I suppose Solo Cultivator can change it to "Master Solo",  it just sounds great and would be satisfying to him, without the need to write a theory at all.

I will do that. Since many of these so called "Daoists" like to bully me like how you just did for calling myself a Master on this post. I will embrace it, and change my name to Master Solo. How do I do it? I looked into it I can't do it myself

Also to you guys who said Idk what I'm talking about. I literally posted multiple scientific research papers. If you don't believe me, believe the science. And if you don't believe the science and you making fun of me for calling myself a Master, you are just a buffoon!

On 1/29/2024 at 5:52 AM, Neirong said:

You are neither of the two. Roleplaying/larping does not count as belonging to a certain tradition or path.

You will have to eventually realize that in few years, overcome immense Ego, find yourself a teacher, because there is not a single book in public outlining proper training process.

Train 6-10 years daily, develop at least some skills and abilities, then come back.

nah imma do my own thing

On 1/26/2024 at 5:09 PM, thelerner said:

Forgive us, we shouldn't be overly suspicious.  Sadly there are times both unorthodox and orthodox practices get unfair treatment here.  Though with time and sincerity some can be won over.

Yet progress should take some work.  That tends to be a universal law.  Diligent Intelligent Effort = gains.  Your method is listen and gain great power.  That is frankly suspicious.  Still, if there were people here that I respect who tried it and reported positively I'd try it.  I've literally jumped off cliffs with the scant encouragement, it won't kill you.  

This happened on the bums 10 or 12 years ago.  Kunlun by Max Christenson became big and controversial here.  It had a byline one hour = 1,000 hours of another system.    Which pretty much sets it up in crank territory but some senior members tried and reported good things.  They admitted the adline was exaggerating but that the system was amazing.  

A bunch here tried it, me included.  A 3 day seminar plus off seminar night time hiking the nearby deserts, some of which trying to spot UFOs.  I liked it, Kunlun was a kind of spontaneous chi gung, hit the position and it got you moving.  Many had good experienced, yet many would later drop it.  A few had problems, too much energy.  A noted member here had spiritual problems with 'visitors'.  I never had too much affect though I'm glad I learned it.  There were other variations that seemed less.. channeling.

Anyhow, my point is.. huuh, I don't think I have a point.  carry on.  

You're wrong. I posted multiple scientific studies regarding the benefits of Earthing. But I understand your intentions. You are the only real person here amongst these pretenders of "just" and "righteous daoists",

7 minutes ago, Solo Cultivator said:

I will do that. Since many of these so called "Daoists" like to bully me like how you just did for calling myself a Master on this post. I will embrace it, and change my name to Master Solo. How do I do it? I looked into it I can't do it myself

Make a request in this thread:

5 hours ago, Master Solo said:

It's a new week and I am back! You was right!

You are a "private person" yet you responded publicly to my private dms when I messaged you. Which if you have emotional intelligence, you'd know I was not my best self in the dms.
I had rather you had ghosted me instead of publicly responding to me from a private dm.
It should have been kept private in the dms or you should have just ghosted me.
The hypocrisy is unreal.

ah, so you come barging in my DM like an angry toddler and now demand that I am nice to you.

dream on master solo, I won't  give in to tantrums, neither from real toddlers nor from you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blue eyed snake said:

ah, so you come barging in my DM like an angry toddler and now demand that I am nice to you.

dream on master solo, I won't  give in to tantrums, neither from real toddlers nor from you.

Okay this is getting out of hand. There's to many conversations in many different threads
You and I are never gonna see eye to eye. You don't like me and I don't like you.
Let's just not respond to the current backlog of replies and let it be water under the bridge.
I understand I am the one who dm'd you first so I will be the first to stop, I don't reply no more other than this
And if theres a block function im looking for it

8 hours ago, Master Solo said:

Great that you embrace the suggestion.  But forget to mention it is better to leave out the space between the two words.  It might cause complications somewhere.  Usernames don't usually allow space.

Btw, being addressed as a master is only half the way.   You have to appear to be like a master (at least pretending).  Your writing style needs working.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Master Logray said:

Great that you embrace the suggestion.  But forget to mention it is better to leave out the space between the two words.  It might cause complications somewhere.  Usernames don't usually allow space.

Btw, being addressed as a master is only half the way.   You have to appear to be like a master (at least pretending).  Your writing style needs working.

Your name also has a space so I guess it's not that bad of an issue. Furthermore my writing is getting more laid back now because I just don't care anymore. 

Also solo is more fitting than ever. since i got a lot of enemies who unironically hate me and spam reporting me for not kmsing (exaggeration)
i only got me, myself, and i

Edited by Master Solo

On 2/2/2024 at 2:36 PM, Master Solo said:

Your name also has a space so I guess it's not that bad of an issue. Furthermore my writing is getting more laid back now because I just don't care anymore. 

Also solo is more fitting than ever. since i got a lot of enemies who unironically hate me and spam reporting me for not kmsing (exaggeration)
i only got me, myself, and i

Your illusion of self orientation and aggrandizement is potent.

I tell you, you have never taken one breath in this life without literally breathing in what has been breathed out by every combined living being to arise before you... consider the simple yet utterly penetrative implications of this one realization mate.

I challenge you to simply breathe and be what you are, where you are, as you are... there's few practices more penetratingly transformative than this.

peace

/|\

• Like 1

If we were going to address the original topic, as a TCM practitioner I would say it is possible to build and nourish Jing with Jing tonifying herbs such as Shu Di Huang and He Shou Wu just as a few examples. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Your illusion of self orientation and aggrandizement is potent.

I tell you, you have never taken one breath in this life without literally breathing in what has been breathed out by every combined living being to arise before you... consider the simple yet utterly penetrative implications of this one realization mate.

I challenge you to simply breathe and be what you are, where you are, as you are... there's few practices more penetratingly transformative than this.

peace

/|\

Alas this is truly a dog eat dog world

On 1/27/2024 at 11:08 AM, Master Solo said:

Do you know what I noticed from this forum.
People who post unorthodox or new ways of cultivation are met with ridicule, mocking, and are put down without even trying what is said because it's so unorthodox that it can't be true.

Now to be fair, i pushed back on @Mana conduits unorthodox post but that's because his audio file is man-made and he said he didn't even make it himself so we can't peel back the layers to make sure the audio file is what he proclaims to say. And I have never attacked him personally but I only attacked his audio file and even asked questions about it. 

But I am just telling people that you can replenish jing by being barefooted in nature and I am met with the personal attacks, calling me delusional, having a personality disorder, and a quack. There are no safety risks, there is no money involved, there is no catch. It's just going out in nature. 

People believe that sunlight gives jing but I am met with mockery and disdain for saying earth can give jing too.

@steve is this really all the dao bums have to offer? Praise to the orthodox and pitchforks to the unorthodox?? This cold treatment is really unfair

I know what the problem is here .  try this instead - just mnake a post that says : 

" I think going out barefoot in nature will replenish your jing .  being out in sunlight replenishes your jing .

And your troubles will evaporate .   And even I would agree with you . 

Get my drift ? 

( the laugh I gave you above is because ,  I know your game  .... and it was pretty funny .  )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2024 at 11:29 AM, liminal_luke said:

Hi Solo Cultivator,

I'm a big fan of barefoot walking in nature!  Whether or not it replenishes jing or not I can't say, but I think it's a healthy activity.  If you really asked people, I think you'd find that many here agree.  The negativity you're sensing is not because you champion spending time in nature, or going barefoot.  I think it's because you refer to yourself as a master and your posts have a tone of superiority, as if you were looking down on your spiritual inferiors. 

It might be that you are a particularly advanced spiritual being; I wouldn't know.  What I can tell you is that nobody likes to be treated like they're not equal, especially from a stranger they don't know on the internet.

HEY  ! 

How dare you speak to master like that ! 

:angry:

image.png.6b3fdda980ddc895719b1e26d299d608.png

I shall defeat you (in my new costume I bought online , fancy wrist beads included , and a new haircut and mustache trim ) with my secret master taught ' Three-Stooges eye-poke  !

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1

14 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I know what the problem is here .  try this instead - just mnake a post that says : 

" I think going out barefoot in nature will replenish your jing .  being out in sunlight replenishes your jing .

And your troubles will evaporate .   And even I would agree with you . 

Get my drift ? 

( the laugh I gave you above is because ,  I know your game  .... and it was pretty funny .  )

Disciple is wise.

Edited by Master Solo
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2024 at 12:25 PM, Maddie said:

How come whenever I try to picture this guy speaking I just hear the voice of Dr evil?

Errrmmmm  , because your imagination of vision and sound got mixed up ?

or its his personal profile picture .

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2024 at 7:23 PM, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

See you next week!

With a new user name and a 'new' membership  .

In the meantime . It looks like I have now risen from Number 2 student to master !  Unless of course Master Logray wants to challenge me  ? 

image.png.a78fdbe7a3a14e6e654abaf735ee749c.png

( and this time I am ready !  Not like last time , I have lifted my stance a bit so I no longer end up treading on my flappy loin cloth thingo , also I pulled it up a bit , bonus as it also makes loose folds of cloth above my belt  .... to hide my beer gut . )

• Haha 4

Henceforth I shall be called Grand Master Maddie of the fourth degree from the turtle lineage of the cosmic mystery. You're welcome.🐢

thinking on that, i would not want to be a master, let alone a grandmaster.

Imagine all those students hanging on you every word. Always wanting attention and help.

nope, not my cuppa tea

there are better ways to live the autumn of life

Tai Gong Old Man Fishing Wall Scroll - Chinese Artwork | Fish man, Chinese  artwork, Asian art

• Like 3