just a dream

Siddhi - The mundane is the same as the mystical

I’m an internal martial artist , Taoist tradition and Ch’an. Hsing I is my favorite with bagua.

and I just wanted to know if anyone has aquired siddhi through their path ?things like 

pyrokinesis

telekinesis

telepathy

(auto) bilocation

levitation

energy/qi manipulation

shape shifting

etc

if no one has seen or experience it that’s cool, but I just wanted to know if these natural occurrences that shoot out from the rising consciousness is still happening today like they say it used to in the old texts?

if this is a ridiculous question as a first post please delete and I’ll retry lol

You might find this interesting if you're into internal marital arts and are wondering about powers.

Yeah many siddhies. My favourite:

1. Good health

2. Wisdom

3. The realisation of what you/we truly are

The rest who cares they like fireworks. Easy to impress children with them.

• Like 4

On 14/12/2023 at 1:57 AM, just a dream said:

I’m an internal martial artist , Taoist tradition and Ch’an. Hsing I is my favorite with bagua.

and I just wanted to know if anyone has aquired siddhi through their path ?things like 

pyrokinesis

telekinesis

telepathy

(auto) bilocation

levitation

energy/qi manipulation

shape shifting

etc

if no one has seen or experience it that’s cool, but I just wanted to know if these natural occurrences that shoot out from the rising consciousness is still happening today like they say it used to in the old texts?

if this is a ridiculous question as a first post please delete and I’ll retry lol

Like this?

Search for Authentic Neigong if energy/qi manipulation for healing is what you are looking for. 

• Like 2

On 14.12.2023 at 4:57 AM, just a dream said:

pyrokinesis

telekinesis

telepathy

(auto) bilocation

levitation

energy/qi manipulation

shape shifting

etc

Abilities (siddhis) are fairly common in just about any genuine internal arts school. These can vary greatly and are usually not what people outside of traditions imagine them to be. It is also a question of practicality and application; I don't believe there are many people in internal arts circles who would develop a siddhi for years just to show off. Most of the skills developed have a proper usage inside the tradition and are not meant to entertain the public or compete with stage magicians.

On 15.12.2023 at 2:41 AM, Gerard said:

Yeah many siddhies. My favourite:

1. Good health

2. Wisdom

3. The realisation of what you/we truly are

None of that would require "questionable Chinese practices." You can simply go to a gym and achieve much better health and physical results with much less time and effort spent. As for the realization of what you truly are, this can only be a delusion. Just because you have realized something in life does not mean it is true, even if it is what you believe in the most or if there are hundreds of people around you reaffirming your views and beliefs.

• Like 1

That wasn’t my point or why I asked. I was looking for someone else who could do these things. I didn’t expect to find it online but I thought this site might have a member that knew someone who also had siddhi spring forth during their enlightenment. Thanks for your replies

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 5:57 AM, just a dream said:

I just wanted to know if anyone has aquired siddhi through their path

depends on how old is whom you ask. same as  "Is There a Santa Claus?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

depends on how old is whom you ask. same as  "Is There a Santa Claus?"

or perhaps 'is there a sanity clause?'

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2023 at 7:57 PM, just a dream said:

pyrokinesis

telekinesis

telepathy

(auto) bilocation

levitation

energy/qi manipulation

shape shifting

etc

Hi There, 

I have experienced Siddhis through shifts and states of being as extensions of consciousness. 

Notable experiences include phenomenon associated to the following:

Telepathy 

Spontaneous materialization 

Matter re-shaping (changing one thing into another)

Prophecy 

Far reach of thought

Energy manipulation of myself and electrical signals in the outside world.  

Weather magic. 

...I constantly live in a state where what I think about generally has a genuine high probability of manifesting itself into my life.  If I think about something or someone in an emotional way (no matter what it is) - it generally comes to me or happens to occur.  Not all the time, but a lot of the time.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jadespear said:

Hi There, 

I have experienced Siddhis through shifts and states of being as extensions of consciousness. 

Telepathy 

Prophecy 

Far reach of thought

Weather magic. 

...I constantly live in a state where what I think about generally has a genuine high probability of manifesting itself into my life.  If I think about something or someone in an emotional way (no matter what it is) - it generally comes to me or happens to occur.  Not all the time, but a lot of the time.  

In terms of matter reshaping - could you say what you have changed into something else?

1 hour ago, Jadespear said:

Telepathy 

Prophecy 

Far reach of thought

Weather magic. 

What tradition are you working in?

In Tibetan Buddhism siddhis are consider to be of two types: ordinary siddhis (like those in your list) and the supreme or uncommon siddhi (enlightenment).

Do you mind if I ask if the supreme siddhi is also present in your experience, and (if so) was that before or after the others became available?

Also, what are some examples of how these things manifest?

I am not in any way intending to catch you out or trick you, do not doubt you, and inquire in complete earnestness and kindness. If a private message seems a better route, I'm fine with that.

My personal experience is of having the supreme siddhi, but not the others so much as they are described, though "spontaneous materialization" of a sort is constant. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Apech said:

In terms of matter reshaping - could you say what you have changed into something else?

... you sure you want to know?

... its actually very strange - I've turned $5 into $20 by the virtue of thought - a bill into a different denotational size.  I've also used the mental fluid of myself to create things out of myself... that one is quite complex.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stirling said:

In Tibetan Buddhism siddhis are consider to be of two types: ordinary siddhis (like those in your list) and the supreme or uncommon siddhi (enlightenment).

Do you mind if I ask if the supreme siddhi is also present in your experience, and (if so) was that before or after the others became available?

I am not in any way intending to catch you out or trick you, do not doubt you, and inquire in complete earnestness and kindness. If a private message seems a better route, I'm fine with that.

My personal experience is of having the supreme siddhi, but not the others so much as they are described, though "spontaneous materialization" of a sort is constant. 

I don't work in any tradition.  Only the real and true way of existence... beyond and a part of all traditions.  (The Tao).  

What is considered uncommon siddhi? Can't answer the other questions, as I don't know what you mean by this.  

Examples... too many to talk about really.  Sure lets private message, as I would like to know what the uncommon siddhi (enlightenment) you describe is...  the word enlightenment doesn't mean much to me, as no one agrees on it and it was never a part of the ancient traditions lexicon at all.  That word was invented by an Englishman.  

On 12/18/2023 at 4:55 AM, Apech said:

Well, it started as a hamburger ......

• Haha 3

On 18/12/2023 at 2:15 AM, stirling said:

Yeah those oh so boring ordinary siddhis, like seeing the subtle body and how to work with it, yawn, seeing physical ailments like cancer and healing it, sooo mundane, all the ‘clairs’, just too common.  Far better methinks to be enlightened (which can’t be measured or proven 😉)

There is of course an alternative, demonstrate the ordinary siddhis first, and then rise above them, if you’re so inclined, to the extraordinary and uncommon siddhi (enlightenment), and then please give your reasons for choosing to discontinue the ordinary siddhis that are potentially so helpful to people who are ailing on both the physical and subtle body levels. 

On 18/12/2023 at 2:15 AM, stirling said:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Bindi said:

Yeah those oh so boring ordinary siddhis, like seeing the subtle body and how to work with it, yawn, seeing physical ailments like cancer and healing it, sooo mundane, all the ‘clairs’, just too common.  Far better methinks to be enlightened (which can’t be measured or proven 😉)

You sound like you are taking it so personally... I merely chose a framework in order to talk about. The designations are from the framework, not mine. 

What tradition are those siddhis from? I'm not familiar with them. 

There is of course an alternative, demonstrate the ordinary siddhis first, and then rise above them, if you’re so inclined, to the extraordinary and uncommon siddhi (enlightenment), and then please give your reasons for choosing to discontinue the ordinary siddhis that are potentially so helpful to people who are ailing on both the physical and subtle body levels.

From my perspective the siddhis aren't something I am in charge of precipitating, they arise (if they do at all) in correlation with insights. I have never intended or not intended to accumulate siddhis, they have always been peripheral to my interests, and warned against by my teachers.

My question to JadeSpear is a GENUINE one. If I was cynical or a liar I could have just claimed the whole suite of siddhis, but I am not, and don't. I am here to ask questions where there are gaps in my knowledge of other practices and traditions, and to find like minded people, not become embroiled in unnecessary argument.

I realize that at some point you have take exception to something I have said - I hope you will accept my apology for upsetting you. 

• Like 1

Thats nice  :)  ...

Bindi's point still stands though .

And I am wondering why you think Jadespear can provide,  seriously, what you seek ? 

There is thing called 'posting history '  , observation of that can come in handy at times .

I can do a lot better  ..... you send me a $50 bill  and I will  magically transform it into $100  bill  .... and send it back to you .

• Like 1

Jadespear claims an attainment. I am taking that as a sincere claim for now. I'm not sure anything will be provided, which is fine. :)

Yes, tempting - $50 for a hundred does sound like a bargain, my friend!

2 hours ago, stirling said:

You sound like you are taking it so personally... I merely chose a framework in order to talk about. The designations are from the framework, not mine. 

You marked where you stood within the framework you used, making it very personal when you stated “My personal experience is of having the supreme siddhi [enlightenment] but not the others so much as they are described.” 

I am pretty sure this is an egotistical position, ie. claiming enlightenment, shored up by the framework you chose which denigrates siddhis, which you don’t possess. 

What tradition are those siddhis from? I'm not familiar with them. 

Healing is related to qi and Chinese traditions and of course the founder of Christianity was renowned as a healer, knowledge of the subtle body and potentially the ability to see at that level is found in neidan, yoga and Tibetan Buddhism, and all the ‘clairs’ are scattered through most traditions. 

From my perspective the siddhis aren't something I am in charge of precipitating, they arise (if they do at all) in correlation with insights. I have never intended or not intended to accumulate siddhis, they have always been peripheral to my interests, and warned against by my teachers.

My question to JadeSpear is a GENUINE one. If I was cynical or a liar I could have just claimed the whole suite of siddhis, but I am not, and don't. I am here to ask questions where there are gaps in my knowledge of other practices and traditions, and to find like minded people, not become embroiled in unnecessary argument.

To paraphrase your question to Jadespear as I read it, “Yeah but are you enlightened like me, cos that trumps any common claim of yours.” 

I realize that at some point you have take exception to something I have said - I hope you will accept my apology for upsetting you. 

People claiming supreme achievements with very little evidence apart from their claim tends to upset me. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bindi said:

this is an egotistical position, ie. claiming enlightenment … 

Exactly.

Huuuge ego imo. :lol: 

Spoiler

Done it myself occasionally but let’s forget about that for now. :ph34r:

It’s more something other people will call you when it is observable by others from e.g. here on a forum, your posts.

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, old3bob said:

… you could change your handle to Teacher Stirling …

I thought this post fitted exactly here in this thread. :) 

Edited by Cobie

...hey you guys... its all well and good to have a discourse, but - why not find these answers yourself?  Thats what I did.  Thats what I still do.  The reality we live in only appears "mundane" because of ones perception, the great grandeur that is life is beyond the ability of words to describe, beyond meaning to be bound to, and beyond intellectual thought and reason to define.

We are all part of the Tao.  The Tao is part of all of us.  The Tao is something that can be learned and understood in its phenomenal and magically miraculously appearing aspects.  Even though we are capable of great things, all that matters in the end is how we treat each other.  

"Occult abilities are just flowers of the tao, and the beginning of all foolishness.  The master rests in root and not in the flower"

Verse 15: 

The ancient Masters were profound and subtle.
Their wisdom was unfathomable.
There is no way to describe it;
all we can describe is their appearance.

They were careful
as someone crossing an iced-over stream.
Alert as a warrior in enemy territory.
Courteous as a guest.
Fluid as melting ice.
Shapable as a block of wood.
Receptive as a valley.
Clear as a glass of water.

Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?

The Master doesn’t seek fulfillment.
Not seeking, not expecting,
she is present, and can welcome all things

You marked where you stood within the framework you used, making it very personal when you stated “My personal experience is of having the supreme siddhi [enlightenment] but not the others so much as they are described.” 

I am pretty sure this is an egotistical position, ie. claiming enlightenment, shored up by the framework you chose which denigrates siddhis, which you don’t possess.

I can completely understand how the Tibetan position (and my posting it as a framework) could upset you, based on your feelings on the matter. It was honestly an unintended consequence. 

I DO experience some of the siddhis (depending on which groups we are talking about) and am naturally curious about the others, but haven't met any teachers of any walk of life that can reliably fly, teleport, become giant or tiny, etc. Of course, I would LOVE to meet someone like that.

I have met teachers who can read minds (not volitionally) and seem to have intentions granted over an over again in a synchronistic way (myself included), and can't see any reason that any siddhi might be impossible, but it seems to me that you would need to understand a few things about the nature of things for them to present... thus my question. My curiousity is about whether or not those happen before or after insight (enlightenment). 

Healing is related to qi and Chinese traditions and of course the founder of Christianity was renowned as a healer, knowledge of the subtle body and potentially the ability to see at that level is found in neidan, yoga and Tibetan Buddhism, and all the ‘clairs’ are scattered through most traditions. 

Sure. I'm interested in meeting those that have those ability and comparing notes. 

To paraphrase your question to Jadespear as I read it, “Yeah but are you enlightened like me, cos that trumps any common claim of yours.” 

That truly isn't my position in the slightest. My question is about the order in which the two arise or correlate.

People claiming supreme achievements with very little evidence apart from their claim tends to upset me. 

I'm sorry you feel that way. I think you would be surprised by how many enlightened "people" there are, and what an ordinary thing it actually is.

The buddha-essence is ever present in everyone because the dharmakaya of perfect buddhahood pervades all, the suchness is undifferentiated and they all have the potential. - Maitreya, Mahayana Uttara Tantra Shastra

In Mahayana Buddhism ALL people are already enlightened and simply don't realize their true nature. It only takes a perspective shift to see that this is the case in my experience. I have met many people who have had this happen. I go ahead and say it because I think it is something that needs to be demystified so that people can realize just how achievable and commonplace it is. This is the motivation for me. 

From another source altogether:

The simplest thing one can say about the experiential knowledge of awakening is that it is a shift in one’s perception. This is the heart of awakening. There is a shift in perception from seeing oneself as an isolated individual to seeing oneself, if we have a sense of self at all after this shift, as something much more universal—everything and everyone and every- where at the same time.

This shift is not revolutionary; it’s the same as looking in the mirror in the morning and having an intuitive sense that the face you are looking at is yours. It is not a mystical experience; it is a simple experience. When you look in the mirror, you experience the simple recognition, “Oh, that’s me.” When the shift of perception that’s called awakening happens, whatever our senses come into contact with is experienced as ourselves. It’s as if we think with everything we encounter, “Oh, that’s me.” We don’t experience ourselves in terms of our ego, in terms of a separate someone or separate entity. It’s  more a feeling of the One recognizing itself, or Spirit recognizing itself. - Adyashanti, End of Your World

I'm sorry that we don't seem to mesh. I am happy to own my part of that, and am sorry to offend you.

• Like 2