Maddie

Chain of disillusionment

6 minutes ago, Nahfets said:

They don't show off nor allow themselves to interact with the scheme of prestige, competition and crowds." Quote:

That's a bit convenient don't you think?

• Haha 1

Acting or pretending to be intellectual about these things and worse Taoism has lead many astray into projecting their own lack of connection to The Tao unto worldy affairs. 

There are many realms, and as I said higher levels teachers and martial artist don't reveal themselves to lower frequency thinkers and people riddled with pretentious attitudes. 

This is not to say there aren't any help or guidance but one has to reform one's life and inner working before these mysteries get's revealed. 

Many spend entire lifetimes, most likely many, in the illusion of the material world and having lost hope in the spiritual truths, thus enjoy watching more illusions that confirm that at least they were right to be so cynical. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nahfets said:

Acting or pretending to be intellectual about these things and worse Taoism has lead many astray into projecting their own lack of connection to The Tao unto worldy affairs. 

There are many realms, and as I said higher levels teachers and martial artist don't reveal themselves to lower frequency thinkers and people riddled with pretentious attitudes. 

This is not to say there aren't any help or guidance but one has to reform one's life and inner working before these mysteries get's revealed. 

Many spend entire lifetimes, most likely many, in the illusion of the material world and having lost hope in the spiritual truths, thus enjoy watching more illusions that confirm that at least they were right to be so cynical. 

So here's my question about these mystical teachers that are hidden from society, much like Santa Claus and God if no one's ever seen them how do we know they exist?

3 hours ago, Maddie said:

As a Buddhist I began to question why even though Buddhism claims to teach the path to enlightenment you never see anybody that's actually enlightened

There are quite a lot around, and they teach publicly, and often free of charge.

Here are some that I know or have interacted with who have achieved at least first path, and some who have probably gone all the way. There are probably many, many more.

Delson Armstrong

https://delsonarmstrong.info/

Thanissaro Bhikku 

https://www.dhammatalks.org/

Beth Upton

https://bethupton.com/

Ajahn Sucitto

https://ajahnsucitto.org/

Guo Gu

https://guogulaoshi.com/

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 1

Because you still use your two eyes to confirm what is real and what is not. 

Clear your yintang, and climb out of the baihui once you have achieved the stillness. Then go take a look around, you might be surprised as to how teaming with life the World really is that most pay no attention to. 

In the old texts there are even countless mentionings of the doctors and Qigong healers needing to address martial practitioners that got hurt by these techniques in practice from their opponent by mistake projecting qi while sparring. 

The level of ethics associated with these levels are hard to fathom for most. 

So I guess the answer to my question is predominantly no this has not happened to most people who have responded so far.

6 hours ago, Maddie said:

those who have become disillusioned if it affected other things in their life such as religion and or philosophy?

Yes.  At first it is uncomfortable, but it gets better.  As @Taoist Texts wrote "things are just like a mirror".  Keywords:  "just like", meaning, identical in function to a mirror.  Awareness of the mirror reveals an illusion.  Understanding how the mirror works, is satisfying and useful.  Technically, from my point of view, there are many cascading mirrors.  Revealing one of them, the most proximal, tends to reveal them all in a domino effect which is "disillusionment".  

The diifficult thing, it seems, for many is confusing the mirror(s) itself as reality when it is a medium/media which is producing awareness of reality.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

@Maddie have you tried to find masters in real life? It’s much easier than you think to find someone who has cultivated to a high level and can do things not considered normal by most of the world. 

Don’t listen to people who live perpetually online or only read books, go out in the world and you will find extraordinary things. 

1 minute ago, Pak_Satrio said:

@Maddie have you tried to find masters in real life? It’s much easier than you think to find someone who has cultivated to a high level and can do things not considered normal by most of the world. 

Don’t listen to people who live perpetually online or only read books, go out in the world and you will find extraordinary things. 

Yes I have done several meditation retreats at monasteries and spoken to many people that claimed to have powers or abilities. I have always been underwhelmed to say the least.   

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Yes I have done several meditation retreats at monasteries and spoken to many people that claimed to have powers or abilities. I have always been underwhelmed to say the least.   

You can try to get on one of the trips to see Master Zhou (in this video from 1:30 onwards) for faqi treatment but it can be quite expensive. Contact Rudi from authenticneigong.com

I went to see Sheikh Muhammad who does similar treatments with electric qi. He was based in London but I think he’s back in Indonesia now, I’ve lost touch with him but would have recommended to see him. £50 session which is a bargain. Watch the video from 30 seconds onwards.

There is a similar master in Singapore called Dr. Ho who also does faqi treatments with electric qi. Here is the address of his clinic, not sure what his prices are. Haven’t been to see him myself but I know people who have. Next time I’m in Singapore I will go.

834DEE05-22FC-4151-BC01-AEDD7D1E8AB3.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

You can try to get on one of the trips to see Master Zhou (in this video from 1:30 onwards) for faqi treatment but it can be quite expensive. Contact Rudi from authenticneigong.com

I appreciate you sharing but I will never be convinced by a video, too easy to fake. 

• Like 1

is the problem that the true masters seldom reveal themselves or that certain seekers are often blind to them?  Well the thing is a great master could be in a grocery store line right next to us and unless we had a certain or dharmic need and some degree of 6th like sense to see them as more than just a regular Joe or Josephine in appearance while at the same time they see where we are at in consciousness and thus act as spirit moves them, which means they may remain invisible to us or through compassion reveal themselves past our blindness.

They are awake while most of us as mankind are walking around in our dreams at various levels that we take for ultimate reality.

Anyway,  yes they exist but proving that via some kind of egotistic demonstration is way off and counter to whatever spiritual mission a true master has. 

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Go check them out in real life then. That’s all the convincing you will ever need when you experience it in person.

Yeah if I ever  cross paths with one for sure.

When I was younger I fell into a Christian cult. One of the main ways they gave the cult leader legitimacy was to talk about all the amazing miracles he did and visions he had had on the mission field in the Philippines in the past. The funny thing was, is that I never saw him do one single miracle (unless you count getting people to give you all of their money a miracle) the entire time I was around him. It was always far away and long ago, ie. in a place that could not be disputed nor verified by anyone. So to me when I hear of all of these  "secret masters" with powers but you just don't know who they are or you can't see them, this really seems no different to me than the cult leader or for that matter even Santa Clause. I'm of the mindset that I see the proof first and then I believe it, and not the other way around which I think is reasonable.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Yeah if I ever  cross paths with one for sure.

When I was younger I fell into a Christian cult. One of the main ways they gave the cult leader legitimacy was to talk about all the amazing miracles he did and visions he had had on the mission field in the Philippines in the past. The funny thing was, is that I never saw him do one single miracle (unless you count getting people to give you all of their money a miracle) the entire time I was around him. It was always far away and long ago, ie. in a place that could not be disputed nor verified by anyone. So to me when I hear of all of these  "secret masters" with powers but you just don't know who they are or you can't see them, this really seems no different to me than the cult leader or for that matter even Santa Clause. I'm of the mindset that I see the proof first and then I believe it, and not the other way around which I think is reasonable.  

the greatest power is not owned by or "lorded over" by any true master nor can it be,  for it is to directly help reveal your true Spirit Self to your human self beyond any doubt, (and stand on your own two feet) all other powers of the mind pale and also come and go in comparison.

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, old3bob said:

the greatest power is not owned by or "lorded over" any master nor can it be,  for it is to directly help reveal your true Spirit Self to your human self beyond any doubt, all other powers of the mind pale and also come and go in comparison.

Yes! I think one of my favorite teachers is Ajahn Braham. I've never seen him do a single power nor heard of him doing one, but he's emphasis on kindness, especially self kindness has made the biggest difference in my life. To me kindness is a super power. 😊🩷

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Yes! I think one of my favorite teachers is Ajahn Braham. I've never seen him do a single power nor heard of him doing one, but he's emphasis on kindness, especially self kindness has made the biggest difference in my life. To me kindness is a super power. 😊🩷

Surely that's enough? No need to worry about powers. If you can practice and become kinder, healthier and happier, isn't it worth it? No need to worry about shooting lasers from your eyes.

1 minute ago, Vajra Fist said:

Surely that's enough? No need to worry about powers. If you can practice and become kinder, healthier and happier, isn't it worth it? No need to worry about shooting lasers from your eyes.

Lol I was never worried about powers, that seems to have been a rabbit hole that developed. My topic is being disillusioned after finding out the claims of a tradition, technique, or teacher are not authentic.  

My experience is different. I started as non believer seeking just for the peace of mind. And with each step on the path I took it was like  "fuck, this stuff is real".  And it just keeps getting wilder. 

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 2

But unless a person experiences the fruit of spiritual progress for herself. I doubt anything can convince that person of those extraordinary things to be possible. 

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Maddie said:

That's just for beginners. Keep going that rabbit hole of kindness and it will take you to rainbow solar body where you materialise and dematerialise your body at will. To do miracle healings, to know what any mind is doing on any side of the planet, fly around like in dragon ballz like this

Phewwwwwwwwwwwww

Wuaaaaaaaaaaa

Whuuuuuuuuuu

Okei, I'll see myself out

Edited by Salvijus
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

That's just for beginners. Keep going that rabbit hole of kindness and it will take you to rainbow solar body where you materialise and dematerialise your body at will. To do miracle healings, to know what any mind is doing on any side of the planet, fly around like in dragon ballz like this

Phewwwwwwwwwwwww

Wuaaaaaaaaaaa

Whuuuuuuuuuu

Okei, I'll see myself out

Don't tell anyone you saw me shooting rainbows out my butt 🤭🌈

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Don't tell anyone you saw me shooting rainbows out my butt 🤭🌈

I can shoot rainbows out my ding-dong. Let's meet.

21 hours ago, Maddie said:

Yes I have the same question. 

But I think everyone's getting in the Weeds about the martial arts aspect of this and not the questioning that comes out of it.

Sorry , can you explain   what "  the questioning that comes out of it."  is ?

19 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

Mixed martial arts is to fight dirty without rules. You can hit any part of the body of the opponent. Except one place.:D

Pha !   No such thing as 'fighting dirty'  in REAL martial arts .   banned targets are for training and sport application .

Its adapted for training .... if my opponent does a roundhouse swing at my head , I shift evade , ' cross wings' *  ,  strike with a finger knuckle into their  attacking wrist at around LU 8 , sieze and rotate their hand with a rolling shuto with my other hand , pull them in while striking back with my first 'defending' hand' with a fingernail flick across the eyeballs ( wings open * ) , a quick snap kick to the jewels and a take down .  In theory . In practice I slap the LU8 with open fingers , I slap the side of the temple near the eye  with the back of my fingers , I pull the kick short so it stops on the surface of the clothing , either he knows how to roll down with the take down , or I lower him geently  as soon as he starts going down .

otherwise ya run out of training partners .

Then again my style was based on a real fighting tradition , coming down from the King's personal bodyguard  ( they where not worried about hurting anyone that attacked their king  ;)  ) and not a sports or competition or physical fitness **   side .

*   a tradition based on 'crane form' .

**  Modern karate is based on an adaption of the original system to make it a aphysical education program for primary school students