Ira

Looking for good teachers

Hi! I'm 36, female. I'm Buddhist practitioner, my main lineage is Chinese Mahayana, Pure Land. I also have experience in Vajrayana.  I'm interested in Buddhism, Dao, Tai-chi, qi gong, nei gong, nei dan and bagua zhan. I'm Russian living in Balkans for quite a long time. I can speak basic Chinese. I'm practicing every day for several hours. My usual nian fo, reading scriptures etc, as well as qi gong, nei gong etc. I'd be glad you recommend me online and offline courses for serious practice. I've tried one year in Damo Mitchell's academy and like it's structure. I'm looking for masters with good ethical conduct and good moral code. It's the basis we should start from I believe. Right now I'm looking for something that is similar to Damo's Lotus academy. I need tons of explanations because they fit my mental structure :) I'm interested in offline seminars as well.

• Like 4

On 06.09.2023 at 12:12 PM, Ira said:

I've tried one year in Damo Mitchell's academy and like it's structure. I'm looking for masters with good ethical conduct and good moral code. It's the basis we should start from I believe. Right now I'm looking for something that is similar to Damo's Lotus academy.

Perfect ethical conduct, smoke cigars, drink whiskey, sell scam, run a persona cult and deceive people.

https://ancientmasters.org/library/damo-mitchell

• Haha 1

On 06. 09. 2023. at 11:12 AM, Ira said:

Hi! I'm 36, female. I'm Buddhist practitioner, my main lineage is Chinese Mahayana, Pure Land. I also have experience in Vajrayana.  I'm interested in Buddhism, Dao, Tai-chi, qi gong, nei gong, nei dan and bagua zhan. I'm Russian living in Balkans for quite a long time. I can speak basic Chinese. I'm practicing every day for several hours. My usual nian fo, reading scriptures etc, as well as qi gong, nei gong etc. I'd be glad you recommend me online and offline courses for serious practice. I've tried one year in Damo Mitchell's academy and like it's structure. I'm looking for masters with good ethical conduct and good moral code. It's the basis we should start from I believe. Right now I'm looking for something that is similar to Damo's Lotus academy. I need tons of explanations because they fit my mental structure :) I'm interested in offline seminars as well.

where in balkans?

11 hours ago, Neirong said:

Perfect ethical conduct, smoke cigars, drink whiskey, sell scam, run a persona cult and deceive people.

Well. Occasional smoking and drinking is up to him. He is not promoting it and was filming this episode during holiday time. I've read this article before and would like to know more about the authors. Looks like they are hiding their names ;) Persona cult is nonsense. But 'deceiving people' I would discuss. Do you have some proof?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ira said:

Well. Occasional smoking and drinking is up to him. He is not promoting it and was filming this episode during holiday time. I've read this article before and would like to know more about the authors. Persona cult is nonsense. But 'deceiving people' I would discuss. Do you have some proof?

It exists for over 30 years, and there are no results.

Persona cult is a factual reality, I have observed a bunch of students of Damien, and they have been clearly showing signs of being brainwashed. It is the opposite state of mind that you want to see in practitioners and adepts of esoteric arts.

I have seen Damien's original writings - they are ridiculously bad from cultivation standpoint. If he had teachers at some point they were very low level.

6 hours ago, Ira said:

Looks like they are hiding their names

Imagine stealing name from a historic figure to present oneself as qualified in the field.

• Like 2

Have you considered attending the Lotus Nei Gong school/retreats in Bali? Are you in the LNG Discord?

There was a new video/announcement released about month long training periods starting early next year if you're interested.

Also skimmed through through the link above reviewing Damo and it's quite poorly written with some of the arguments presented being quite ridiculous. Interesting that the link/website itself is selling their own course (for more than what Damo charges too)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Neirong said:

Imagine stealing name from a historic figure to present oneself as qualified in the field.

His himself regularly says he has no link with historical Damo and his name have no wight or hidden meaning. You say "It exists for over 30 years, and there are no results." - what are results for you? And what exists 30 years if Damo himself is in his 40thies only? Are you the author of this article? It is really funny.

If you don't like Damo, whom would you recommend?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, refugeindharma said:

poorly written with some of the arguments presented being quite ridiculous

I agree. I noticed that since this web page appeared several of the same people keep posting it in all threads that mention Damo. 

Yes, I'm considering going to Bali one day or maybe it would be more convenient to attend his retreats in Europe. But now I'm more concentrated on studying online. I live in nature and have great opportunity to practice in silence. I live in solitude and have my daily Buddhist practice as well. So I enjoy flexible online pace. I personally think Damo's online academy is very well structured. But I'm still looking for some alternatives to add them to my practice. It's not that his academy is bad. No way. It is just that I'm still interested in other directions and teachings.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Ira said:

His himself regularly says he has no link with historical Damo and his name have no wight or hidden meaning

He says a lot of things, that is his job.
He also says that he is not running a cult.. repeatedly.

"Hey, I am not robbing you, yes, I am taking all your money, but it is not robbery? Why? I said, so."

19 hours ago, Ira said:

and there are no results.

People clearly don't know anything. Esoteric and Exoteric teachings are different. You can practice Exoteric for your whole life and will never know the difference. Exoteric teachers drink, smoke, behave like monkeys because they are monkeys. The teaching is incapable of changing who you are.

19 hours ago, refugeindharma said:

Also skimmed through through the link above reviewing Damo and it's quite poorly written with some of the arguments presented being quite ridiculous. Interesting that the link/website itself is selling their own course (for more than what Damo charges too)

Even if we don't look at the value of the content and study materials. Damien is a discounted version of Andrew Tate, his dream is to make Hustle University.

You are confusing prerecorded echo-chambers lectures with live platform teaching and master personally checking students reports.

There is not a single minute of Damien personal time spent into you studying in his Academy. He does not know 99% of "customers" in his online netflix.

19 hours ago, Ira said:

If you don't like Damo, whom would you recommend?

Just to be clear here, I am not interested in Damien's students or followers. I have only responded to your association of Damien and morals/ethical conduct.

Also, I like Damo, the Bodhidharma one. Zen teachings of Bodhidharma is a book I often recommend to beginners.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neirong said:

There is not a single minute of Damien personal time spent into you studying in his Academy. He does not know 99% of "customers" in his online netflix.

These are somewhat unfounded claims, along with the accusations/negative points listed in the review linked above

Damo often responds to people's questions in the FB group/Discord and also hosts Zoom meeting sessions (for free) for academy members, something he hasn't done in a while but has said will start up again

So saying "not a single minute of his personal time" is spent into those studying his academy imo is false

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some years back I reached out to Damo in a blind email with rather pointed questions regarding Dao Yin and he was quite generous with his time and thorough in his detailed responses, even though I am not and never have been his student.  My usual teacher was unavailable for an extended period at the time, which is why I took a shot.   So yea, with nothing to gain from me, he was open, knowledgeable and kind.  Indications of having been on the path for some time.

When my formal teacher (18th generation lineage holder) returned, we covered the material again and he approved of Damo's assessment. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2023 at 7:49 PM, silent thunder said:

18th generation lineage holder

Hi. Thank you for sharing this. May I ask your teacher's name?

On 06/09/2023 at 2:12 AM, Ira said:

You can look into one of Damo Mitchell's teachers Mark Rasmus. Rasmus uses different vocabulary from daoism, but essentially he teaches the same stuff. 

• Like 1

Welcome! Flying Phoenix and Spring Forest both are regarded rather highly around here.  Flying Phoenix has a ridiculously long thread with more information than you'd ever need. Spring forest has some good threads too like  This one about This guy's personal experience and development with the system.  And their website is ver helpful too.  https://www.springforestqigong.com/

and here's the flying Phoenix one. 

• Like 3

On 9/6/2023 at 2:12 AM, Ira said:

I'm Buddhist practitioner, my main lineage is Chinese Mahayana, Pure Land. I also have experience in Vajrayana.  I'm interested in Buddhism, Dao, Tai-chi, qi gong, nei gong, nei dan and bagua zhan.  ... I've tried one year in Damo Mitchell's academy ... looking for something that is similar to Damo's Lotus academy.

Welcome to TDB's!  :)

(in addition to the fine suggestions previously posted by others)

Sifu Christopher Matsuo has a good reputation here, and teaches bagua qigong.  He lives in Hawaii, and has Japanese, Chinese and Tibetan ... connections.  The methods that he teaches, and the tips that he gives to make those methods work, uncannily effective.  Good humored and generous.  Less structured than Damo's presentation, but his talks and tips align deeply with principle.  He's been doing this since he was an infant (now, his daughters similarly) and he points to the right stuff.

Here's a post that has links to his various resources:

• Like 2

On 16.09.2023 at 11:10 AM, Ira said:

I agree. I noticed that since this web page appeared several of the same people keep posting it in all threads that mention Damo. 

The article that is on the website is outdated. I can't be bothered to update it and don't have time for it, but there has been a lot of information coming up about both Damien and Mizner. People come to us and share their personal experiences; they don't do it here.
These people don't have high standards for cultivation schools, and self-development because they never trained with qualified people, and they still find a lot of things off with this behavior and egg-boy muscle car mentality, who spends half of his day ridiculing all the teachers, teachings and ancient cultures he comes across. While he is the only chosen Light in the universe, landlord of Daoism tradition, speaking the absolute verified truth for his fellow brainwashed cultists.

photo_2023-09-26_13-15-16.thumb.jpg.54729c4aa5440bc0cb244f6eeac57234.jpgphoto_2023-09-26_13-13-04.thumb.jpg.529002973ea33f2c4ed76b7f59afee42.jpg

On 16.09.2023 at 10:57 AM, Ira said:

Are you the author

Do you think such an article is possible to write out of nowhere? It is based on a recollection of research and investigation conducted by a group of practitioners on a closed forum over a long period of time. All this information would never go public. Damien students, who take after him in arrogance and disrespectful attitude (some of whom have multiple suspensions even on this forum) and seemingly suffering from some mental ailments from bad practice. They made a poor choice.

We are not in competition with whatever he is doing. It is like comparing McDonald's takeaway with IT university. Our teaching starts with visualization practice that Damien does not comprehend. We also don't talk for 1000s hours and don't produce endless weekly videos for the entertainment sake. Our program is challenging and demanding, much more than "click" your next video lesson.

My part of the work that I did was a third eye scan of Damien's spiritual attainments and all of his instructors, and the results were beyond horrific. I have lab-tested abilities, confirmed on a dozen offline closed retreats, which are much harder to access than "wait 3 hours and the teacher will come back".

On 17.09.2023 at 10:23 AM, refugeindharma said:

Damo often responds to people's questions in the FB group

Cultivators sitting on Facebook.. drinking whiskey and smoking cigars.

No bells and whistles, no books, no fancy esoteric names.

1. Seated + walking meditation:

https://retreat-infos.de/Download/RFAE2010.pdf

2. Body and energy work (yin-yang & five elements/forces, removal of Qi blockages and stagnation):

https://rumsoakedfist.org/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=510a7dafa424b6d8ad3e798cad7ee723

Wonderful teacher from whom I learnt a lot:

https://baguaquanlessons.com/

His YouTube Channel has invaluable lessons. One of the few teachers that knows this complex art well and teaches it to a deep level. 

TAIPEI - Taiwan

Also my teacher's uncle, a Xingyi master:

http://www.internalintent.com/

PERTH - Australia. Also international.

And of course my teacher, Geoff Sweeting:

https://youtu.be/KxMWIW1W8rI?si=XF4jrbv5Un-9TJJg

Ba Gua Double Palm Change.

BRISBANE - Australia

Good luck. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2023 at 5:26 AM, Gerard said:

Thank you so much. A lot of resources. A will check them out.

On 9/26/2023 at 1:21 PM, Neirong said:

I can't be bothered to update it

My intuition wasn't wrong. Finally I met the author (or one of the authors) of this web page. Nice to meet you :) 

comparing McDonald's takeaway with IT university.

Well. You can create a forum thread with your students' reviews. I would like to know more about your school and methods from all perspectives. If the thread already exists, please, tell us. How many students you have? 

I have lab-tested abilities

My part of the work that I did was a third eye scan of Damien's spiritual attainments and all of his instructors, and the results were beyond horrific

Well... God only knows our attainments. :) But what are spiritual attainments in this context? What are good/horrific results?

I personally try to differentiate between spiritual attainments and abilities. I've seen people with lab-tested abilities who raped others or committed suicide. :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ira said:

Well. You can create a forum thread with your students' reviews

You can come on our discord server and see it there.

4 hours ago, Ira said:

Well... God only knows our attainments.

With the development of the third eye and higher chakras, subtle energy bodies and spiritual growth becomes visible and tangible, much like how muscle and physical body development can be observed on the physical plane.

While some people play a guessing game, living in obscurity, we perceive the exact spiritual reality. I'm not sure how one can develop spiritually otherwise; it would be akin to a blind cat walking in a dark room.

4 hours ago, Ira said:

try to differentiate between spiritual attainments and abilities. I've seen people with lab-tested abilities

Well, it is rare, I don't see how a person can get to know other people with abilities and attainments unless they seriously go on the path of self-development.

People generally contact well with like-minded individuals. You don't see athletes with drug addicts, homeless beggars among billionaires and so on.

• Like 1